Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Marapets LOL dark times. Went on to Roleplay adventures but I've never met a worse group of staff in my life, so unprofessional. Switched to email, and then a couple years ago, came here! Definitely stuck with me, despite the occasional drama that nearly kills me.

Javachats. Refugechat mostly. Good times, good times. Then stopped for a long time, joined a WoW rp server. Decided I wanted to get back into RP and poof. Im here.

[QUOTE="P U R I T Y]Marapets LOL dark times. Went on to Roleplay adventures but I've never met a worse group of staff in my life, so unprofessional. Switched to email, and then a couple years ago, came here! Definitely stuck with me, despite the occasional drama that nearly kills me.

[/QUOTE]
Wait...Purity you were on Marapets too? I was on there for a while but once I lost my password (and username really) I could never get back on ;_;

LifeNovel said:
Wait...Purity you were on Marapets too? I was on there for a while but once I lost my password (and username really) I could never get back on ;_;
Sure was! For a couple years, actually. I was Selene234, then Raezela. Lost some money to that site, what an idiot I was.

Technically I got my start with tabletop when I was kid, D&De3.5 and V:TMv2 (never requiem, WOD, etc). Text-based games I started in AOL chats ~96ish when it went from hourly charge to flat. Was on AOL until ~03, went back in like... 07 after it went to freeware. In between there I RPed on Yahoo, I think, which was horrid. Started on Dragon'smark in 08ish, stopped there until I quit from AOL in 10ish. I'm still on DM actively now, I just need a fresh pool of players/writing to get my brain going again.

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]That's insane........wish my parents had money to throw at things like that when I was growing up lol.
But they're physical, not writing based. Or maybe theres some tabletop in there idk.

[/QUOTE]
Everyone pretty much does their own thing, although the majority of people do tabletop and medieval roleplay there are usually a few smaller groups.

Arion said:
Everyone pretty much does their own thing, although the majority of people do tabletop and medieval roleplay there are usually a few smaller groups.
If I ever have money to throw at things and feel able to check in my embarrassment at the door I'd totally check it out haha. Sounds interesting.........definitely meet some interesting people at least, I'd think.

I roleplayed on the forums of a game called Godville, I still do. It was rather fun. I just got brought here by a friend telling me to search something up. I went on the wrong website (this), ah, the mistakes that work out are sometimes the best.

Alright! This is the summary of my life! RPed on Roblox back in like 2008. Moved onto an app during 2010, my writing skills we pretty much trash at the time so I got rejected from left and right, same year I moved to a separate app. Then! Then I came back to the first app when I got decent at writing, got really slow there after May of 2015, and I was like, "Hey! Website roleplaying? HA! That sucks. But everything's slow at the moment so... What is there to lose?"

Looking back, I feel like I made the right choice in leaving the places in which I came from. And in fact, website roleplaying does not suck. Made many great friends here, and I have no intention in coming back to where I came from. ^^

Unless you guys hate me that much. ( :P )

Deviantart, the rp groups there were pretty cool but they always ended up dying after a while. :/

I started on Neopets.

Once Neopets became a pain to find roleplays and one x ones I just used AIM and Email to expand my roleplay partners.

Then that all fell and I started searching google for roleplaying forums and sites and here I am...

I started on some roleplaying/anime forum back in.... 2010 I think? I can't remember what it's called but you had an avatar which you could buy clothes for with gold. I used to sell drawings for clothes/items. A incredibly fun forum, everyone was nice and I made a whole ton of friends. Unfortunately it died, very dramatically too, for months you'd try to go on and not know if it would be up or not. Sometimes it was down for a week, sometimes for an hour. You just really felt 'this is the end'.

Edit: It was called Otakuzone

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as Silvermist7235! I was the one who told her to search this up, kinda. Anyway, I also roleplayed on Godville, just stopped because of all the hypocrites.

Started on AIM and Yahoo messenger back when they had the open chat rooms. It was nice going into the chat room that doubled as a bar for our characters. I had some really fun times there. -feeling nostalgic-

Then I found Roleplay Gateway and from there I found Rpnation.

I started back in '08 I think? It was a forum based off a book - The Pendragon Adventure. Unfortunately it collapsed in a hacking disaster in '12, but a group of us transferred to a different forum. So I've been rping with the same people for a while and finally decided it was time to branch out some more :)

I started forum roleplay through a video game called Starbound. I joined a roleplay server of the game that had its own forum. Oddly enough, I found RPNATION because of an ad on that forum

I started off on a site called LeafNinja but i was new to it all and didn't stay long, I instead left and joined up Naruto.viz forum and have spent years over there and still appear from time to time, then a few months ago one of my friends from there told me of this place and I joined. So lol my previous sites were mostly naruto related and talked of other anime/manga but still good times over on viz. now I am here and enjoying it as well.

First time I ever roleplayed was on Fanfiction.net. I used to write fanfic there, and I ended up getting involved in a roleplay there. At that time, I was pretty much doing only self-inserts. Then I started roleplaying on Second Life, and that's where I really got my roleplaying education. I learnt how to create characters, character development, good typing (people would just ignore you if you typed without proper capitalization and punctuation on there), metagaming, godmodding and para-roleplaying. But I got bored with roleplaying on Second Life, went on IMVU, barely attempted to roleplay on IMVU because I despise family roleplay (they always devolve into OOC drama, mainly because there's no separation between IC and OOC in family roleplay), and because I craved roleplay I found my way here.

I actually started on the website of a book series I used to read called Beacon Street Girls. I was about 10 at the time and the site was filled with similar-aged girls and some guys, I suppose. You made an account and could join "clubs" based on your interests, so of course, I dabbled in Harry Potter stuff as well as your typical school days dramas. About two months after I made an account, they closed down the forums and the site mostly became games and promotional materials for the book series. I was a devestated lil cinnamon roll. I hopped around on a few Percy Jackson fansites, but then I pissed some people off and that was the end of that. I was on hiatus for a couple years, but after talking to my friend about her roleplaying adventures, I decided to give some new sites a try and ended up here!

I used to go on Roblox (remember when that was a thing?) to RP. I made some good friends there, and after a year or two we switched to Steam to chat/rp. I actually went here before, but then left. Then, at school I saw someone RPing in the commons and memories of this just came back.

So, here I am now.

Chats (RealTime):

Cbox Lanowen.

Inuyasha Journey.

RealChat.

Chats (TurnBased):

MSN.

Chatango.

Forums (TB):

Tokusei Domain.

Celestia.

Genesis.

Arcadia/Nyxheim

Misc. (TB):

Myspace.

I started at a forum called NN (Naruto Ninja). Honestly, I didn't even know it was an RP forum, I just knew it was a Naruto site and I liked Naruto so... lol. Anyway, didn't knew I'd ended up craving for RPs more.

I have been on a few sites through the years, but where i really got my start was on Yahoo Chat back in the day. My gosh was that a weird environment for RP, but it sparked something in me, and thankfully I have grown up a lot since then (We're talking 15 years ago.)

I really began RPing in World of Warcraft. I was getting tired of being ganked while trying to level up in PVP realms so I moved my maxed out druid to a RPing realm to try it out. I ended up finding a good guild to be with, even if they got annoyed with my persistence at wanting to RP nearly all the time. They taught me the basics of RPing in a video game and I fell in love with the concept, even if most of the time our characters were just standing around at the time being lol. I also got into chickensmoothie for a bit there. I enjoyed the concept of adopting those pets and all, so when I found out it was a big RPing site as well, I got really into it. I was able to find at least one or two RPs that I really liked there, but people faded from them and I found myself fading from the site as well. After googling around a bit, I was able to find this place and I've loved it ever since. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back