• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Where Am I?

Venus Vesper

Adorable Demon
A girl falls asleep in a meadow of flowers, and wakes up in a walled city. Everyone acts as though they know her, except for one assumed to be crazy man, yelling at someone from outside a building. She eventually somehow figures out that she's in an alternate universe where her alternate self, is a princess. But her alternate self has gone missing. No one panics though, because as soon as her alternate self disappeared, she appeared inside the city. He knows about the alternate worlds and can help her figure out how it happened. Please tag me in an OOC chat if you're interested in playing the guy.

A large room. High ceiling. Stone floor covered by silk and wool carpet and stone walls decorated by satin curtains. Sunlight was supposed to light the room up through the large windows but all the curtains were drown and light was deem. Among the luxury of furniture, the big bed covered by red, white and pink silk was centerfold. A young man in dark blue robs and hat on a side and a maid in white and purple cotton dress were looking down at the maiden sleeping on the bed.

"Is this the princess?" Asked the maid.

"I wish I could call her here like this but no... unfortunately, this is just an alternative from some similar earth... It's the least I could do in short time." the wizard answered.

"Is she fine? I mean... that was the first time you performed such technique..." Maid asked again.

"I only can pray for her. When she wakes up we'll know... only if she wakes up..." The man murmured. Then, both of them stared at the girl's face holding their breath as she started to move.

Katrina opened her eyes and then slowly sat up, holding her head. Then she noticed the people staring at her and just looked back at them for a while. "W-what's going on? Where am I?" She asked, looking at them still.

"Oh, thank goodness... she's safe!" The maid said gladly as clapped her hands and the wizard sighed in relief. "You're in capital of Green Guards, Melodia... inside the arch palace and in princess's bed room." He answered and took a deep breath. "I answered your question accurately, milady. Now it's my turn to ask; who are you?" The young man asked. Although he had conjured the girl who looked a lot like the princess, he had no idea who she was or were she lived before.

"Don't be so harsh Victor. The poor girl must be confused." Said the maid then held Kat's hand kindly. "Darling, I understand your feelings but please trust me... everything is fine. My name is Magi and I'm the special lady-waiting of princess Katrina, and this young man here is Victor; her advisor and wizard at service. He is a tower wizard so don't fret..." She introduced herself and Victor.

Kat nodded. She understood a little better. But Princesses? Princesses only existed years and years ago. And magic was real? "Katrina? That's my name. That's weird." She murmured to herself, but they could've heard it. None of this made any sense. It was like she was teleported back in time and to a different world. But she didn't know if she believed in things like that. However, it made more sense than knowing nothing.

Victor nodded to himself. "... I asked the stardust to find Katrina..." He spoke in low tone thoughtfully then looked more seriously at the result of his summoning. "Why are you silence. Puzzled or what... we're not in the best situation to be nice hosts. The princess has disappeared so I brought you as her fake here to play her role. In other words, if you don't do as I say our heads will decorate the the main gate of the capital..." He said firmly but turned green as thought of the punishment awaited them if their secret was revealed. "I wish they would be satisfied with my head but at the tower... they won't let me die even if I beg for it..." He added and gulped in fear. "So please don't waste time... you should tell me about yourself and your world so that I can make a princess out of you!" He almost begged.

"A princess? Me? That's a shame. I'm not sure I'm cut out for something like that. But if it's that important, I guess I'll try. You already know my full name in guessing. And..where I'm from, princesses and princes haven't existed for a century or so. So this whole thing is weird for me and I wouldn't know how to even start. Magic is also something that doesn't really exist. At all. That's really the only things you'd understand about where I'm from." She knew they wouldn't fully understand technology that's as advanced as it was where she came from. But that was fair, considering she didn't know how magic worked at all.

"You think we don't understand? That's not polite!" Victor was kind of upset but Magi's eyes had widened. "You've come from such weird place... how do you survive without royalty?!" She asked. "Anyway..." Victor cut the conversation. "We're short in time. If you're feeling well enough, get dressed and come to the study room. I'll teach you about your family." He said. "Yes... and I can teach you about etiquette~ Let's get you dressed up..." Magi added excitedly.

Kat developed a concerned look on her face when she looked at the maid. Why was she so excited to dress her? And she knew it would be very uncomfortable. Believe it or not, she had worn a corset before at a fair. So she had a pretty good idea of what this would involve. She didn't really want to learn old things or become a princess at all. But she had been told of the importance and wouldn't feel right just refusing. Not that she had much choice either. She had no way to get back to her world, and now that she thought about it, she didn't know if there was even a plan to return her after all of this. She sighed, willing to just go along with it.

Magi took Kat to another room full of different clothing that were beautiful and fancy. She explained about each and the time she had to wear them then dress her up in white and pink which suited her hair. "You're as pretty as princess... we can talk easily here but when we're out you should act a little... err... smug! A princess doesn't get involved with lower rank too much in public. So keep your nose up and only talk to royals and nobles. I'll cough when you meet someone who you should be friendly with... omg, that's not easy, I know, but you have to do it... Please save us Katrina. Princess has many rivals who will eliminate us if find out that she's missing." The maid said.

"This dress is very...large. I don't know how great I look in it, but I expected it to be this uncomfortable. And she sounds like a rude snob. No offense. It's going to be hard to be rude to people." She said to the maid. She would imagine she was almost unrecognizable compared to how casual she had looked before. She had never thought she was very attractive or anything special. And now she was being told to be very confident, polite, and...well...cold. She wasn't sure she could do it. But that wouldn't stop her from trying.

"You don't like it? Every girl in the world wish to be in your shoes!" Magi said with surprise. "you can practice walking with straight back on the way. We'd better go to Mr. wizard for now... his full name is Victor Avanus but you can call him Victor. When you're alone with him call him whatever you want. Princess some times makes fun of her advisors... it's her way of having fun... and he'll humbly accept it!" She said and giggled. "Although he is too strict, he is not in a place to say a word against your will." She added naughtily before guiding her to study room. Once there, a servant served them with fruits and drink but nothing was said so the were fine. Victor's lesson was about royal family and hierarchy which was too boring. He taught her for two hours till found her troubled. "Are you tired? We can go for a walk if you wish." He said and watched her with pity. "Thank you for helping us." He whispered. "I was really scared until you appeared... can you adapt with our world?" He spoke friendlier than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
She nodded. "I think so. And yes, I'm a little tired. But I've picked up on most of it." She replied honestly. She had always been a quick learner and that was a fortunate thing to be right now. It had already helped her quite a bit. She was curious as to what this guys personality actually was. His mood and attitude changed so often and so much, that she couldn't really tell what he was actually like.

"Then let go for a walk. Magi can walk and talk with you but I'm going to follow one step behind. Princess sometimes looks back and talks to me but she rarely say anything important." Victor said before the three of them were out. The passed through gardens and flower beds. Victor spoke to many people on the way but Magi and Kat didn't even look at those who bowed and said hello. Everything was going on smoothly till a couple in extra attractive and expensive outfits appeared on the way. "King and queen... the queen is your step mother but be a kind and veeery polite daughter to them." Magi whispered. As both groups met, Magi and Victor bowed. The rest depended on Kat's ability in acting. Victor was so nervous that was about to throw his heart up but had to keep a poker face which he was an expert in.

The King and Queen nodded approvingly at the twos actions. "Rise. What duties of Katrina's are you accompanying her to?" Her step mother asked them both, paying no actual attention to Kat herself. Her father looked her over for a moment, before looking back at the two as well and awaiting their answer. Kat stayed quiet because she hadn't been asked and wouldn't know what to say even if she had been. She did stay polite though, and kept a neutral expression because she knew it would be unusual for her not to.

"Morning hike, my queen. The princess has to go out walking every morning and afternoon for her health improvement." Magi answered the queen without looking up. She was kind of scared of that woman. Then victor felt the heavy gaze of the king. "Your majesty... I'm only following to protect your honorable daughter from probable fiendish tricks." He explained and wished that they could get away sooner.

The king and queen nodded. "I see." The Queen replied. Then she continued. "Katrina, your fiancé would like an audience with the royal family later and you are required to attend." She said a little harshly. Kat nodded. "I understand." She said politely. Her father looked pleased at her response, then he guided the queen around them and they walked off. It was obvious to anyone that knew about audiences that they meant it would be in the throne room. But she had no idea and wasn't going to ask right now. After they left, she let out a small sigh of relief.

Both servants of the princess let out their breaths that had been holding in stress. "Prince Kwon... many maids have already fallen for him but you don't like him. You told me nothing but I could read from your face that he isn't your type." Magi said. "I don't know much about these stuff, but he is even more arrogant than the princess. He's a good rider and plotter and all I know is that he hates me for an unknown reason. By the way, let's go to the thrown room to visit him. You can treat him as you wish!" Victor explained as the headed to the appointment.

"Treat him as I wish? You don't mean that. If he's that horrible of a person I should probably hold back my feelings about him. I wouldn't want to make the king and queen upset." She replied, walking with them and letting them lead because she had no idea where they were going.

Victor peered at Magi and smiled meaningfully. "Well milady, it's exactly you will, right?" He said. "Don't mind him. He just tries to act wise!" Magi huffed. They arrived at the thrown room after a long walk inside the palace. "This palace has been made full of corridors and staircases to make it hard for the enemy to invade its heart." Victor explained and looked into the room. "He is waiting." He said. Magi took deep breaths to calm down. "The problem is we don't know how princess feels about prince Kwon. So you guess is the best choice. Let's get down with it quickly." Saying this the group entered. As usual servants bowed and greeted the guest. Victor didn't look up to see the other man's unpleasant glare at himself.

The prince smiled at Kat when he saw her. He strode over and took her hand, kissing it. Kat knew this was what some people did, but she wasn't used to it. However, she masked how she felt about it to the best of her ability. Then the prince pulled her close by her waist and put his arm around her waist. Kat wasn't enjoying this at all and wanted to be let go, but she knew that wasn't likely. He whispered that they were trying to move up the wedding due to certain complications and Kats eyes widened for a moment. Would she have to stand in for the wedding if it was that near?That wouldn't be good, considering just the thought of kissing him made her gag. She quickly gained her neutral expression back and just let him hold her like that. She didn't know what else to do besides go with it.

Victor had to leave the couple alone and only Magi was allowed to observe them but the situation was getting awkward with this other Katrine. She almost was like a doll; showing any reaction to her fiance. He eyed Magi but she was as helpless as him. Finally, the young man decided to interrupt. "Milady, please don't forget your appointment in the school. You promised to visit the nobles' boarding school." He made an excuse for Kat to leave Kwon sooner although was sure that Kwon would prefer to cut the wizard's head for ruining his romantic moment with his precious princess.

The prince glared at him, but Kat got the hint and nodded, pulling away from the prince. "I had forgotten. Please excuse me." She said to the Prince, curtsying to him. Then some guards opened the doors and she left. After she was out of the Princes sight, and ear-shot, she let out a big sigh.

"That f***ing abuser... he felt that you weren't rejecting him and stuck to you more than usual..." Magi groaned. Victor had nothing to say because it was the first time he had remained with them in the room. "I think visiting the school isn't a bad idea, because no one knows the princess closely there so we'll have less trouble spending the day among strangers." He suggested. Magi looked at Kat worryingly. "Are you ready for such thing?" She asked.

She sighed, and moved a small curled strand of hair to the side. "Honestly, I don't know. And I doubt me in any world could even remotely like...that." She said, talking about the prince. "And if the wedding is going to happen soon... Please tell me I don't have to do that." She said to them. She'd probably gag if he kissed her and that's what weddings involved. Not to mention honeymoons were usually afterwards and...she'd die before she'd do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back