• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When Reality Itself Fractures...

Ransokyos

Bored outta my mind.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
fdfc838bec20366d23024a7539f3424f.gif

What happens when people play with forces they do not understand? Reality has the potential to fracture for better or worse. Some locations within the multiverse such as the undersea city of Rapture within it's own timeline or time loop represent how technology and power can corrupt in its darkest ways.

Other times, humanity, playing or 'tinkering' with forces they lack understanding of can have a dangerous result.

This particular Earth is young in its knowledge of advanced technology, being restricted to gliders and steam locomotives at present.
AcidicUnderstatedFinch-size_restricted.gif

Oh, dear... hmmm.... that cannot be good.​

First Person Perspective - Yāomò Uzumaki
501759_020215-kabc-power-ranger-murder-img.jpg
I live in an old shrine within the Aokigahara, only a few miles from the base of Mount Fuji. I regularly tend to meditate early in the mornings and rarely interact with people outside the rare idiots whom find their way here. I do not kill them, if that is your assumption, though I really don't give much of a damn about the majority of people. My gaze, even now, rises to the moon, noticing the deep red sheen upon the moon. Oddly, I notice very faint arcs of dark purplish electricity, though anyone knows lightning is usually blue, rarely yellow or red, and in extremely rare conditions, pale purple or green. This... if not for the crimson hue of the moon's rays, I wouldn't even notice the strange electricity.

Eh? Now there's what seems to be meteors of a broad range of colors, some shifting in mother-of-pearl hues.

-------☆-------
••••• Location - Rocky Mountains, United States
"Powering up these... wires of copper. Are we sure they won't explode from what we're doing , sir?" one soldier asks.

"Just follow orders and amp up the energy. We need to know what this ring does, for national security purposes," the higher ranked soldier snaps. Unnoticed by them, however, arcs of bright golden electricity and dark purplish red electricity flicker over the ring as it gives a few metallic thunking clicks before unknown markings glow an icy blue. However, they then flare with the brilliance of the sun for a few scant seconds. Unfortunately for the soldiers, there was no warning before the gateway detonated in an extremely powerful detonation.

It registered upon nearby seismographs as a tremor equivalent to a 3.2 earthquake before, amidst the massive blast of smoke and dust, dozens if not hundreds of radiant, multicolored meteors fired skyward.

Last edited:
(If you can't guess, this Earth does have its equivalent of Uatu, hence the initial post. Though do the best you can. I'm not that picky.)​

A Man with spiky blonde hair and a blonde stubble walked along the path up the rocky mountains (my Earth character) Johnson Rand a gunslinger carrying only some food. Water, a bedroll, and his twin revolvers.

Deep in the depths of the Sahara Desert...
daniel-tyka-immortal-queen-artstation.jpg

An ancient Sarcophagus of age darkened stone gave an echoing rasp as its cover slid to the side. Two cloaked and robed figures watched an emaciated form sit up before stalking out of the sarcophagus. It held a baleful yet powerful Aura and, to those whom proved faithful, quite giving of power... and, if fortunate... forgiving of failure.

"Did we succeed in our intended process? This world will only be the first of many I intend to rule," the cloaked figure rasped. "We did, Master... your cursed geas did precisely as intended, overloading their gateway to the point of destruction, and as you predicted, a rift has formed. No doubt they will attempt to suppress knowledge of it if not attempt to control its power," a female voice said softly, her voice carefully controlled and showing naught but subservience.
20210104_202039.jpg
Each and every one of these cultists, for that is what they were... had a medallion that matched. Other than that and their dark crimson, burgundy edged robes, some were tall, others short, some muscular, others skinny. The cultist whom had spoken swept back her hood, revealing her identity.

untitled_by_animefan5051042_d6faw7q-fullview.png

-------
20201123_062135.jpg

daniel-tyka-immortal-queen-artstation.jpg

An ancient Sarcophagus of age darkened stone gave an echoing rasp as its cover slid to the side. Two cloaked and robed figures watched an emaciated form sit up before stalking out of the sarcophagus. It held a baleful yet powerful Aura and, to those whom proved faithful, quite giving of power... and, if fortunate... forgiving of failure.

"Did we succeed in our intended process? This world will only be the first of many I intend to rule," the cloaked figure rasped. "We did, Master... your cursed geas did precisely as intended, overloading their gateway to the point of destruction, and as you predicted, a rift has formed. No doubt they will attempt to suppress knowledge of it if not attempt to control its power," a female voice said softly, her voice carefully controlled and showing naught but subservience.
View attachment 828090
Each and every one of these cultists, for that is what they were... had a medallion that matched. Other than that and their dark crimson, burgundy edged robes, some were tall, others short, some muscular, others skinny. The cultist whom had spoken swept back her hood, revealing her identity.

untitled_by_animefan5051042_d6faw7q-fullview.png

-------
View attachment 828081
(talia gouhl)

(Aye. Rarer than rifts made by sorcerous or technological means are 'natural rifts'. People rarely even realize they've slipped into a new reality not their native one [look up UnLondon for an example].)

(Think of it this way... you have a better chance of being summoned by a pink haired Mage with a penchant for blowing shit up than finding a natural Dimensional Rift.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back