Experiences When Looking for Character Reference Images and Results are Flooded with AI-Created Images-

N30NL4Z3R

Fear Me, Mortal ( °꒳° )
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've just came to realize something and it's been annoying me since when I search for images as inspiration for possible character references, like on Google, and all of the results have a website with AI in their source. It's really just bad since I see a picture and it looks fitting and pleasant to me as a reference but it turns out to be created through AI and it ruins everything; like every like 5 normal images, there's one associated with an AI image website below it. I know it's probably my fault for using a search engine's image search but I'm so used to this means of finding this sort of thing that it bugs me when it's tainted with images that are created through AI ;w;

For fan, when searching for things on google you can add -word or -"phrase" to exclude the given word or phrase from the results. Naturally this still operates under the same logic as the rest of google's algoritm, it can't magically detect what is or not AI, but a -AI and -prompt go a long way.

If you use Pinterest you can also block users who post AI art and hide pins as well. It's also not perfect but it will nudge the algorithm in the right direction!

But seriously, I feel your pain too. At this point, I try sticking to official art of a face claim to avoid the hassle.

when it comes to artistic faceclaims I always pull something from either a graphic novel, comic, or webtoon. Have a few in mind that you can pull from that have the vibe that you want when writing yc. Pinterest is goated for this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back