• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When Darkness Wins... (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
[div class=EmiFlex] [div class=EmiImage] [div class=EmiTitle]Emiliana Rosenworth[/div] [div class=EmiMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Swire Swire
idalie idalie [/div][/div] [div class=EmiContent]Unfortunately the pleasant conversation was interrupted, but no matter, she can work around it. "A mug of cold beer! Leave the money on the table." Emiliana said aloud as she brought out a mug and poured out some of the alcoholic gold into it. Just then, she shuddered as she caught something at the edge of her vision. Looking up, she could see Mira! But a sightly weird looking Mira... And she's serving customers? Couldn't she have just landed in the designated place?! Emiliana managed to retain her composure, not breaking her face as she slid the mug across the counter. "If you'll excuse me a for moment," she said to the Saurian.

She looked at Mira and shouted, "Mimi! Mind helping me with this? A new batch is coming in today." Motioning to the backdoor, she held it open while giving another gold coin to the Part Timer John. Part Timer John, walked back behind the counter. [/div][/div] [class=EmiFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmiImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/dab3b7959cf2ce4adcf5bc50be79e684-jpg.34928/full'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 35% 5%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmiTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: white; font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px black; text-decoration: underline; [/class] [class=EmiMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: white; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmiMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmiContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]
[div class=JingFlex] [div class=JingImage] [div class=JingTitle]Lady Jing Yu[/div] [div class=JingMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
idalie idalie [/div][/div] [div class=JingContent] Lady Jing Yu was starting to get bored, and she didn't really want to listen to anymore of the chaos surrounding the rat. She stood up and seated herself between the Saurian and the Barbarian looking guy just as Emilian took "Mimi" away to the backroom. "Couldn't stand to listen to anymore of the rat's tale. You guys seem to be newcomers. What brings you to Bleakpost?" Jing said as she let out a light grin from beneath her hat. "The name is Jing Yu, by the way." [/div][/div] [class=JingFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row-reverse wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=JingImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/li-zi-lizi-7-jpg.34915/full'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 50% 10%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=JingTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: #c4c5ca; font-size: 40px; font-family: 'Arizonia'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 20px black; [/class] [class=JingMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #c4c5ca; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=JingMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=JingContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; [/class]

Vladislav "Lazlo" Milovanović
Nodding in thanks, Vladislav dug into the pouch on his belt to scatter a few coins as he received the tankard of beer. With a long swig of the cold beverage, using a hand to wipe the froth which had collected on his upper lip and tache, Lazlo sighed in relief. If anything it put him at immediate ease. He knew his surroundings, by the Gods above he practically lived in bars and taverns. If anything the scent of breweries and beer soothed his anxieties of being underground and far from home.

However, a young woman set herself down between him and the Saurian. A low-brimmed hat concealed part of her features, but from what could be seen she was of Easternly appearance. Beyond the grasslands but recognisable at least. "Vladislav Milovanović. Here to get paid." The mercenary then smiled, "Well, get paid and see if I can help stop all this." He gave a small chuckle, which thundered and rolled in his chest. Another draught of beer and he began to itch an inked knuckle, placing the tankard down for a second. "You're from past the plains." Lazlo acknowledged, assured in his observation. Stating it rather than questioning. "So I'll ask what're you doin' here, too."

Interation: Alteras Alteras
Mentioned: CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Miravaliana Chesslard
Location - The Azure(bar)

Mira quickly turned, and stopped what she was doing. ah, no fun as always Emilia... Suddenly she felt like Evalyne, annoyed at that thought she stopped her joking and walked in the back room. Waiting till the door was closed. "Despite the shock that, i assume, that gave you. We really do never hang out Emilia." As Mira said this the different pieces of her outfit became covered in black until they were replaced with her normal, high class outfit. As well as summoning her staff. She wasn't going to walk back into the bar again, Emilia probably wouldn't even let her. "I apologize for coming a day late, Lord Morelli had me stay with him the entire 8 days, its rather tiresome to use magic to keep myself awake that long." she said, exhaustion in her voice.
She then held out her hand, a black outline of a document formed, becoming more detailed until it had manifested."Here's the usual report, as always it written by hand. Remember its only the movements in this sector, not in the entire Gaia, or other dimensions. In addition it doesn't include the movements from today or yesterday as I didn't have the time to write them up." Mira explained. Even with the lack of information, the document was still quite large."Now tell me, how has your side been?" Alteras Alteras

[div class=EmiFlex] [div class=EmiImage] [div class=EmiTitle]Emiliana Rosenworth[/div] [div class=EmiMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
Swire Swire [/div][/div] [div class=EmiContent]"Well, it's not like you can do much about that. Same with 'hanging out.' Your presence alone can make people shake in terror. Can't exactly have a girl's night out like that." Emiliana retorted to Mira as she checked to make sure no one was listening in. Her traps were placed everywhere and her quick round of checking with Claravidencia gave her a sense of comfort. She took the documents in hand and began to skim through it. She made mental notes about where to read up on.

"Hmm... I'll review the contents in further detail." Emiliana placed the documents in a small box before lacing a debilitas trap on it. "Let's see... The Bleakpost Resistance haven't made any new movements. While new members are joining, the leader hasn't made any new plans or the like. We're practically all silent here." She said as she tapped her chin, thinking about what's happened. "Well in anycase, that's all. Unless somehow the movements you've detailed are alarming, I won't be moving. Do please try to land in the same room as always. I'd get a heart attack if the next time I see you, you're a paying customer." Emiliana said, finishing up her side of the deal. She stood there waiting if Mira had anything else to say. [/div][/div] [class=EmiFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmiImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/dab3b7959cf2ce4adcf5bc50be79e684-jpg.34928/full'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 35% 5%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmiTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: white; font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px black; text-decoration: underline; [/class] [class=EmiMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: white; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmiMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmiContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]
[div class=JingFlex] [div class=JingImage] [div class=JingTitle]Lady Jing Yu[/div] [div class=JingMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
idalie idalie
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse [/div][/div] [div class=JingContent]Her large brim hat tilted ever so slightly as the man's name registered in her mind. "Milovanović... Milovan..." she mumbled to herself. "Ahh, you're Lazlo, the mercenary from the grasslands. From one of the many tribes stilled feared by the Eastern Kingdoms I assume? Well not that that matters anymore." She flagged down John the part-timer and got herself another beer. "We're one and the same here, scrape by while waiting to rise up. Shadow of the East at your service."

She brought the mug to her lips below the brim of her hat and took a sip before continuing on. "Can't do mercenary work when there is no great power to hire you. Any news from the East? My main employer has gone silent ever since our 'grand' retreat from the west." She placed the mug back on the table before taking a glance at the Saurian, in case she's also a mercenary like themselves. [/div][/div] [class=JingFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row-reverse wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=JingImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/li-zi-lizi-7-jpg.34915/full'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 50% 10%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=JingTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: #c4c5ca; font-size: 40px; font-family: 'Arizonia'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 20px black; [/class] [class=JingMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #c4c5ca; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=JingMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=JingContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; [/class]

dark_elf_assassin___personal_work_by_gpzang-d786y8n.jpg Lyra Melusine; Bleakpost- Bar
Interaction: Makari Silver Wolf Silver Wolf , Ed and Amais @Vacum

"The ones who lives in this city, yes. Even i don't know what happened to them. Which is a shame really, drow elves are hard to find enough as is it," Lyra chuckled, taking a sip of her ale. It was pretty bad ale too, tasted like horse piss. But that's what happens in places like this. "So, what brings someone like you to a sin filled place like this?" She asked. "Ive hears syories of your kind, the...oh what are you called. Beastnari? Is that right? You are often-" Before she could finished her inquiring, a funny little talking puppy thing jumped up on the table. It was unclear who he was addressing, but Lyra assumed it was her. Though it could have been either one of the two women sitting there.

"What the hell?" Lyra questioned as she watched him babble on about something. Yet , Lyra said nothing more as an watched The scan before her unfold, until the human with him was on the ground. The second time the little dog person spoke, he was clearly addressing Makari again, so Lyra looked to the human in the little one's company. "Who is this little yapping thing on the table? And why is he here?"

KA'SHA STONEJAW
Ka'sha's face lit up when she smelled the food the barkeeper had brought her. It seemed to be some type of thick soup that had a strange orange color, though it did nothing to deter Ka'sha's appetite. The bread was also a welcome addition, evident by Ka'sha licking her lips. "Thank you!" Ka'sha said a tad bit more jolly than her usual demeanor due to the good food. Ka'sha wasted no time digging into her meal, making strange purring sounds as she savors her meal. While Mr. Cromwell does provide for their meals during the journey, it's still just mostly dry rations and tasteless stew. It just can't compare to the taste of a good home cooked meal, and while technically not home cooked, this meal is the best she's had in a while. Ka'sha was about to ask the barkeeper what this food is and, if possible, how to make it but the barkeeper soon left to serve another customer probably. Ka'sha just shrugged and continued to enjoy her meal.

However, due to Ka'sha's hunger, she forgot one crucial thing. She wasn't the only one that was hungry. A fact that she realized when Bim started struggling and trying to get out of her hood. As if things couldn’t get any worse, two people suddenly decided to sit beside her, meaning she was essentially trapped between them. One was the woman she had seen earlier, the one wearing a hat, while the other was a man who looked like he wrestles with bears barehanded. It really wasn’t looking good, especially ince they engaged her in a conversation and it turns out that both of them were mercenaries of sort, as if the situation couldn’t be anymore terrifying.

Still, it would have been more suspicious for Ka’sha not to talk to reply when they have addressed her, so Ka’sha pulled her hood further over her head, trying to keep Bim in, before replying to them. “Ka’sha Stonejaw, guard of Cromwell Trading Company’s caravan.” She simply stated too preoccupied in keeping Bim in her hood to say anymore, not that she’d be saying much more had she not been preoccupied. Still, she really had to keep Bim under control since he was starting to thrash around, making her hood move slightly.

Alteras Alteras idalie idalie

Marneus looked up from tens of stacks of meter-high paperwork that laid on his desk. Special approval forms, recruitment documents, edicts, complaints, petitions and other things that need to be reviewed, signed, or rejected. Naturally, since Lord Morelli's kingdom spanned entire planes, there would be a lot of bureaucratic intermediaries and paperwork involved; but the country was centralized enough that plenty of it made its way to the main office. Marneus and Morelli have been working together on trying to decentralize the system and give more power to local authorities. In a month, actually, the Planar Offices would be established, which would at least halve the amount of paperwork.

Before long, the country could actually run properly.

Marneus adjusted his glasses and scanned the woman's posture, within seconds recognizing her as Evalyne. "Ah, Evalyne. Someone trying to unjustly separate you from Lord Morelli again?" he guessed the reason of her anger - after all, what reason could there be other than this one? She asked him a question about the generals' presence.

"As far as I know, all generals are currently at their assigned fronts, save for generals Bertuzzi, Sabele, Duga, Bayerl, Sasaki, Noclaire, and Magnone. You should find them in their fiefs, except for Sasaki. I heard he's traveling somewhere, but I don't know where. For the ones who are on the fronts, fighting, you'll have to check in with the military office and ask them."

"Is that all I can help you with? As you can see, I have a lot of work on my hands," he gestured to, what one could presume to be, at least half-a-thousand documents, "And I need to return to it with all due haste."

Swire Swire

Miravaliana Chesslard
Location - Azure(bar)

Day by day the resistance seems to lessen their grip on whatever hope they had. When Mira first started this deal there wasn't a single week that the resistance wasn't doing something, now their just hiding more than resisting. But as Lord Morelli said, hiding isn't acceptable anymore."No worries, I will try not to scare you so much anymore. Lastly, Lord Morelli is having us go to a battle field soon. I don't know how long it will take however if I'm not here next week, you know why." It's kind of funny, Emilia would never had a 'girls night out' with her but it would have made Mira so happy if Emilia had just wanted to spend one day together...I wonder if Emilia knows why I got that disguise? Mira tapped her staff against the wall and a portal formed to her bed room. Without turning to Emilia,"You know....Lord Morelli doesn't even perceive this city as a threat. I can barely remember the last time I heard a report about Bleakpost." Mira stepped through the portal. "If you really do intend to stop Lord Morelli, then you would be doing something. With or without your leader...." As Mira said this the portal slowly closed until only echoes of her voice could be heard. Alteras Alteras

Evalyne, Angel of Light - Miravaliana Chesslard
Location - Royal Palace

Marneus had practically let a bomb explode, by asking about God Lord Morelli. SO much so that she missed the majority of what he said."Of course someone would try to separate me from GOD Lord Morelli! 'I'm better on the field' he says. So what if my abilities are area of effect?! So what if I have 100's of large scale battles, I've fought in?! Whats the point of fighting WITHOUT GOD LORD..." Evalyne paused as she heard Mira enter, "OH, I see your work is going well, since your ranting I can only assume your finished?" Mira said leaning against the wall."I was just asking Marneus here, where the locations of the Generals were." Evalyne said smirking. "Yes, and I'm sure he told you that most of them are on their own battlefields." Mira said sightly looking at Marneus for confirmation."And what did you plan to do then? Walk through dimensions?" Evelyne's face changed, it was clear Mira was trying to prove a point."Do you know why asked you to do this? Actually, Marneus probably knows?" She looked to Marneus who no doubt had probably tuned out by now. Though the question wasn't meant to be any kind of test. It's common knowledge that Evalyne is one of the most skilled people on a battlefield, but she spends her time slacking around, failing to develop a skill that could eventually humiliate Lord Morelli, being that her title is 'elite guard'. Birdsie Birdsie

Marneus leaned back in his chair and watched the exchange, not letting go of his quill. Finally, Mira asked him a question. Marneus decided to hazard a guess. He turned his eyes and gasped, "Is Lord Morelli preparing for an invasion!? Oh my, the paperwork will be hellish..."

"Anyway," he changed the flow of conversation. "I need to keep up with the work. I have twelve more documents due in an hour and I have to finish them now. If you two don't mind leaving me to my chosen torture..." Marneus adjusted his glasses and returned to his paperwork, absconding from further conversation.

Swire Swire

Interactions:
idalie idalie [/div][/div] [div class=EmiContent]Emiliana sighed as she watched her step through the portal. Once she made sure that Mira was completely gone, she thought to herself, It'd truly require a miracle to stop Morelli. She checked the document was sealed one last time before heading back into her bar.

Emiliana handed another gold coin to Part Timer John and took her place before the Saurian just as she heard her occupation. "A guard huh. Well no better place to find work than in Bleakpost. More Tomato Bisque?" She asked as she scooped up a ladle's worth of soup. Her brief skim through of the documents showed signs of an army build up, but she didn't know where it was headed. Usually Lady Yu would provide her information, but she hasn't had any jobs as of late, and the army build up just began today according to the docs. So she hoped to gather more info, and a guard for a company would provide great information. "Anything new happening on your travels here?" [/div][/div] [class=EmiFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmiImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/dab3b7959cf2ce4adcf5bc50be79e684-jpg.34928/full'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 35% 5%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmiTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: white; font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px black; text-decoration: underline; [/class] [class=EmiMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: white; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmiMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmiContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]
I'll post for Jing Yu once Lazlo posts.

Location(s): Bleakpost
Duos: None

• "Betrayal? I wonder..." Julian thought to himself. Julian decided to follow the other woman who had just left. Just outside he walked up to her and decided to ask the question weighing on his mind. "If that man's sin is betrayal, may I be so impolite as to intrude on the matter? Whatever the case, debts both good and bad should not be left unpaid." Julian was wretching on the inside. Being too curious wasn't something he was used to yet. Most cases up until recently were people asking for help openly, but it wasn't until several months ago did he learn the benefits to being pushy in what he was doing.

The woman intrigued him though, she was not a normal warrior. She carried a sense of dignity and pride about her, almost damningly charismatic to one of Julian's upbringing. Reinhardt Reinhardt

His brows rose in surprise. "Not many know that name." Vladislav commented, "In common tongue, it means Vlad. Not that anyone would know." He itched the side of his jaw and returned both palms to wrap around the tankard of ale. "Feared? Not since Morelli." A disheartened tone crept into his voice, taking a sip of his beverage. "Shadow of the East sounds familiar, can't put my finger on it." The barbarian's expression became that of thought whilst he held his breath and mulled it over. "I didn't really ...get out often." He slowly remarked, taking his time to choose the correct wording.

Milovanović sighed at Yu. "Me leaving the grasslands was a permanent decision. I haven't had contact with my tribe since. They do not understand the ..." He drew haphazard patterns over the bar-top. "Lines which speak." Vlad finished off his drink with one large gulp and ordered another from the part-timer. Eagerly beginning on the cool alcohol of his second glass till pausing. "I can only tell you, even the grassland chiefs are scared. Morelli reached into the sky and brought it down. From the road East to West, it is full of refugees. People try looking for safety, but it is nowhere." Lazlo gazed blankly at the gently lapping waves of beer in his mug, vaguely frowning.

Thankfully, his attention was divided to the soft-spoken Saurian. "Caravan guard." He repeated before nodding. "It's a good job to have. I've always preferred going into battle, waitin' for it on country roads isn't my thing." Vladislav cracked a small grin, "Y'know, I ain't seen too many hoods move like that in my time. Looks like the little fella you got with you wants out." He laughed, the second round of gruff chuckles escaping before scooping up his beer in a fluid movement to plant his lips on the cup and down the lot. He'd need a lot more than that to take the edge off everything.

Interaction: Alteras Alteras CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Mentioned: N/A

Lord Mortimer Briarwood
The Vampire's arrival at Bleakpost was a solitary one, dressed in trenchcoat and tunic, a bag hitched over his shoulder; appearing misplaced and yet blending into his surroundings with the posture of a Lord and clothes of a wanderer. Pulling down his hood as he entered the Underdark, Mortimer's eyes shimmered a vivid crimson whilst moving with swift, inaudible footfall. The darkness was comforting, especially to have it in optimal conditions for a creature such as himself to conduct business and overall observations on the resistance's goals. He didn't bother calling himself much of a 'man' nowadays, considering few believed such unholy afflicted retained humanity. The pale skin and reddish irises were enough to have strangers instinctively back off or sneer, Briarwood keeping his head aloft and bordering on haughty. He'd dealt with the fear that contorted mortal features, and hate was no different. For the weak and small-minded who dare not exhibit anything beyond basic thought. Putting it plainly: Not worth his time or attention.

Although Vampires were considered bad luck for good reason, Mortimer wasn't the sort to make trouble for himself lest he was run out of town by a few pitchforks. Simply, put up with, was the general consensus. He'd see what the resistance wanted out of this war, then perhaps Morelli although he suspected the dark lord's reasons to be shallow. Then again, it was a running theme to usurp the throne with a goal to achieve power and simply ... mould the world into something that befitted a Villain's ideological utopia.

Heading onward towards the marketplace, he spied the Melting Pot. Tucked out of the way and visibly, somewhat seedy. If anywhere was best to garner the best understanding of a situation, it was the people who received the most traffic and preferably the ones who would sell their own mothers for a half-price deal. The crowd who had stood encircling what appeared to be conflict began to disperse which in turn made it easier to weave through. It was upon waiting impatiently behind a younger, well-spoken blonde, Mortimer tucked his hand into a pocket. Rocking back and forth on his heels with a drawn out, entirely exaggerated sigh. Alas, the moment he could get a word in behind the fellow aristocrat, Briarwood placed a palm upon the countertop gaze sliding across to the elf who also exhibited a sense of distracted thought.

It wouldn't be detrimental to hear the discussion he'd decided, raking his fingers over his bearded chin. Mortimer, leant forward to assert that unnatural charm and let the charisma do the talking. "I need information. I've been out of the loop for a while now." Before Martin could open his mouth to respond with a price, Briarwood threw a small coin purse onto the table. "Actions of Morelli, economic status, anything which could be considered useful. I can't be going off of singular rumours after all."

Interation: N/A
Mentioned: fluticasone fluticasone Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Ed and Amias
Amias looked to the Drow, a slight shiver ran down his spine upon looking upon the creature. "His name's Ed. He saw your friends ears as an invitation for a conversation."
"Amias, she is ignoring me" Ed whined. "Seems about right, now let's go." Ed pointed an accusitory finger at her while looking at Amias "Ignoring is rude." "So is jumping upon stranger's tables and yelling. I'll explain more later. May we now go?" Ed glanced back one more time and saw the body language of the creature. Sniffing in a few times Ed caught peticular scent on the air and his face scrunched up in disgust looking between the two women a couple times before turning and jumping off the table. "In public? She is animal, peh!" Ed muttered to himself walking away on tiny legs.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Interactions:
idalie idalie
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse [/div][/div] [div class=JingContent]Lady Yu's smile grew ever so slightly. "Ahh... no need. I've only gain this name some time before Lord Morelli." She took another long sip before placing the empty mug on the counter for Emi to refill. She took a few coins out of her hidden store on her attire and placed it on the table. She grinned at Vlad's joke. "Better get the little being out. Food this good is tough to come by in Bleakpost, and Emiliana's food is probably the only bartender serving food with any style here. The little one won't be able to taste legendary-class food at this rate." Tilting her head, and her large hat, in the direction of Emiliana, she let out a light laugh. Emiliana could only roll her eyes. [/div][/div] [class=JingFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=JingImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/li-zi-lizi-7-jpg.34915/full'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 50% 10%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=JingTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: #c4c5ca; font-size: 40px; font-family: 'Arizonia'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 20px black; [/class] [class=JingMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #c4c5ca; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=JingMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=JingContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; [/class]

Last edited:
Evalyne, Angel of Light - Miravaliana Chesslard
Location - Royal Palace

"That wasn't...oh forget it." Mira figured he would mention that all Evalyne does is sit in her room all the time. It was probably a bad idea to ask him anyway. Mira decided it was best to leave him alone."Uhhh, Lets go Evalyne." Mira said putting her hand on Evalyne. "Wait I have to come too?" Before Evalyne could react, Mira teleported them both to her office. The office was quite large having a central deck and a window to see outside. Mira sat down and start writing a message to the generals."For future reference you can go to the war communications department and ask them what generals would be available to go on the invasion. Then take that list and do what I'm doing." Mira didn't need the list as she already knew by memory which generals were available. "Since Lord Morelli didn't ask for anyone specifically, I will simply take the highest ranked available up to the amount we need for the size of attack. In addition, you should always tell them to be ready in half the time, so in this case tomorrow. " Lord Morelli had a habit of starting early, and it was bad news for anyone who wasn't ready. Mira finished the message and held her hand above it. The desk lit up under the paper. "Spell, copy." Then she moved her hand and made several copies. The desk was of course magic. She picked up the copies. "Eliza, make sure these get to the generals within the hour." "Of course my lady." A young women walked in and bowed, taking the papers and left."Thats it." Mira said brushing off her hand.

With one look Evalyne's face said it all, "Why do I care?!" "Because, I'm not going to let you sit around anymore, if I hadn't have helped you, this wouldn't have gotten done. All you do is sit around, soon or later your..." Mira stopped as Evalyne had already stood up. Her eyes were void of light, as if every ounce of soul had been sucked out. "Let me make something clear." She said starring at Mira. "I don't know what reason Lord Morelli chose you to be 'head guard' or whatever. But remember your just a pathetic mortal that got lucky. Without your power, you would be dead, and if I ever get the slightest hint that you might betray Lord Morelli, I will gladly take your life." Evalyne lifted her sword to her neck and cut enough that blood could flow down her shoulder. Peasant! How dare she tell me what to do. Since day one, Lord Morelli treats her well because she's useful, and she thinks that makes her different. NOTHING has changed. After making her point Evalyne turned around and left, the sound of her armor echoed for moments after until they vanished. Without saying a word Mira stood up and disappeared to behind Lord Morelli's throne. "All Forces will be ready on the expected time, my Lord." Mira said.
Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
KA’SHA STONEJAW
As soon as Lazlo and Lady Yu mentioned the thing in her hood, as if on cue, the little bugger managed to break free. It leapt from her hood, a look of pure elation on its face as it did so. It managed to land on the soup the barkeeper had just put out, which she found out was called a Tomato Bisque. Bim had a look of pure joy on its face as it sat on its furry rump, its entire body covered in orange spots as it proceeded to lick the soup from its body. Ka’sha just sighed in defeat knowing that there was no way for her to put Bim back where she could hide him.

So... this is Bim.” She awkwardly said, the little fellow still unaware of the troubke he’s caused. “He’s my pet birdy, I saved him from some bad men so now he’s mine. Um, could I have another bowl of soup please? It doesn’t seem like Bim would be getting out any time soon.” She asked the barkeeper, adding a few more coins in her payment to hopefully pay for the mess Bim made. “Really sorry about the mess by the way.”

Ka’sha felt really awkward right now, more so once she thought about how Mr. Cromwell would react. For now though, Ka’sha just decided that she would talk with these fellows some more, they seem like a good bunch. “Um, I’m not really sure.” Ka’sha replied to the barkeeper’s question. “All I do is guard the goods really, and I’m not from the area so I’m not really familiar with the going ons in the places we passed through. Sorry.” She apologized, feeling bad about not being of use to the nice lady.

Alteras Alteras idalie idalie

[class name=body] margin: -10px auto; padding: 20px 0px; display: flex; position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; background: #FFF; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; align-content: stretch; [/class] [class name=image] flex: 1 0 300px; min-height: 200px; max-width: 1200px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/2T9AACU.jpg) 75% center no-repeat content-box; font-size: 0px; border: 1px solid #e8e8e8; padding: 21px; margin: 10px; [/class] [class name=contentwrap] flex: 3 0 300px; display: flex; flex-flow: column wrap; height: auto; max-height: 600px; overflow: hidden; padding: 21px 0px; [/class] [class name=name] margin: 10px; flex: 0 0 auto; font-size: 4em; box-sizing: border-box; display: block; color: #464c58; letter-spacing: -3px; line-height: .9em; padding: [/class] [class name=miniinfo] display: block; flex: 0 0 auto; font-size: .65em; line-height: .95em; color: #c7b199; text-transform: uppercase; width: calc(100 - 30px); padding-left: 30px; margin: 0px 10px 10px 10px; [/class] [class name=post] display: block; flex: 1 0 250px; margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] display: block; height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-x: visible; overflow-y: auto; text-align: justify; font-size: .85em; color: #9b9b9b; [/class] [div class=body] [div class=image] sugarvine [/div] [div class=contentwrap] [div class=name]cecilia rustan aliw[/div] [div class=miniinfo] the melting pot, bleakpost
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf idalie idalie x Reinhardt Reinhardt (briefly mentioned)
[/div] [div class=post][div class=scrollbox] She was pleased when Aelyann took her hand; a sign of good manners. The firm but not tight grip indicated well of the knight-like woman. She said nothing as she left a threat with Martin, who took it with a glare at her back as she and another knight left the premises. Cecilia didn't approve of the gesture, but she also understood that now not the time. Inflaming Martin would probably get her booted on out the shop, and frankly she had no aspirations to delay her stay in the underground city.

The mage didn't bother asking if he'd have it ready in time; she simply expected it to happen. "Martin, prepare the stuff I asked and have them delivered to my usual inn by tomorrow, latest." Behind her, she heard a sigh. She thought it had been the elf from earlier, which she'd noticed had followed her inside. She turned around, ready to ask what he wanted yet again, but realized it was someone else entirely. Automatically stepping aside, she made a gesture to let him go ahead. The exchange piqued her curiosity; how could one know so little of their new overlord? Even she, in her sheltered little corner of the world, had at least heard news of his deeds via the letters she exchanged with her family, the gossip of the association, and even her own staff.

Before she thought anything of it, she answered. "If you're looking for information, you could do better than ask Martin here. I'm sure the elf here would agree." When the mage saw the merchant about to protest, a simple look from her mismatched eyes was enough for it to fall wayside. "He'd just as soon as lie to you if he thinks either the resistance or Morelli would benefit from it... and be willing to pay his price." There was no judgement in her voice; it was simply matter-of-fact. And somehow that was much more insulting.

Without paying heed to Martin's presence, she turned to the elf she'd spoken to briefly earlier. "I'm sure you know of someone better. Martin's great for getting hard to find wares, but his information would be dubious at best."
[/div][/div] [/div] [/div]

151948414137416961.jpg
Aelyann Teirad-Lioncrest
COST OF TREACHERY

Bleakpost Marketplace
Outside The Melting Pot

Apparently the knight from before got curious about Aelyann's words. Though she very much preferred to keep the matter to herself, she knew that word about what she knows would spread soon - especially with what she had planned in store for Martin's despicable action. Thus, she decided to answer the man's query.

"I suppose you, and the rest of Bleakpost deserve to know.", she said with a grim tone. From her pocket, she took out a long strand of chain, and on it were numerous insignia - some bearing the crest of Bleakpost's resistance, some from far away lands. But one thing was evident in this mixture of badges.

It was the dried stain of blood.

Aelyann revealed this collection of stained insignia to the knight.

"A few days ago, I, along with a fair number of resistance fighters, embarked on a mission to intercept a caravan carrying something valuable to the Overlord. Martin was our informant back then. It was supposed to be quick and simple - we raid the caravan, and get whatever it is that he values.", she continued. Her grip on the chain tightened. "But what awaited us there was a trap. The caravan was filled with armed troops, far greater than our numbers. My men tossed me aside, saving my life as I watched them be slaughtered like sheep."

She paused for a short moment, and closed her eyes, as if paying a respectful gesture to those unfortunate souls.

"And when I return here, I found out that he had sold us out!", she said. "Their lives were taken for his riches! And yet he bears no guilt, no remorse! Despicable!"

Finally regaining her composure, she took a deep breath.

Tags/Interactions: fluticasone fluticasone

THIS IS BEST VIEWED ON DARK THEME

zag_banner.jpg
Zagraveil
RETURN

The Overlord's Fortress

Numerous footsteps echo from the halls of the palace. Along with it were various messages being passed from one servant to another, either through shouting or murmurs.

He's arrived!, one would say. Tell the Elites!, the other would speak.

The clean, sparkling floor was dirtied by the footsteps of a large man covered in black steel. Slung upon his shoulder was a disembodied wing, burnt beyond recognition and dripping with golden, glowing fluid. Without a care for the mess he left behind, this man continued onward until he reached the doorway before the throne room.

There, several guards, some already shivering in cowardice, others paralyzed in awe.

"Open it.", he said.

With a trembling voice, they replied, although not it unison.

"B-but sire..."

"...the great Overlord is t-talking with the Elites!"

"T-they said no-no one is supposed to enter."

The armored man looked to each one of them. "Open. The. Door."

Some whimpered, others almost shouted.

"Y-yes!"

Finally, they opened the door, and the man continued to move without a care - leaving a mess with the dirt of his footsteps and the blood dripping from the wing.

Once in the room, he stopped right before the Overlord, who was accompanied by the "Shadow of Morelli", Miravaliana Chesslard.

He dropped the wing to the side, not even taking his eyes of Morelli as the object fell to the ground and scattered some of the golden fluid due to its fall.

"I heard from a little bird that you were going to Feywild.", he said. "And yet, I wasn't even invited! Have you forgotten about me, Caecillius?"

His head turned to the direction of the young woman. "Mayhaps the child has deliberately left me out?"

Tags/Interactions: fluticasone fluticasone , Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

THIS IS BEST VIEWED ON DARK THEME

Mira reported to the overlord. "Excellent," he commended with satisfaction. "Now, I'd-" he paused as the doors to the throne room opened with a bang. A black knight made his way across the throne room, staining the venerable red carpet with celestial blood and dropped the decapitated wing to the floor, then started throwing theories at Caecillius.

"Hardly forgot," Caecillius answered cordially, "But I did it deliberately. I have different plans for you, Zagraveil."

Caecillius stood up. His armor clanked as he walked off the set of stairs and closer to his friend and rival. He held out one hand with an open, welcoming palm to Zagraveil and began to explain with the more natural, stoic voice, "I need you to invade the Demonweb Pits. The Queen of Spiders is sure to take my absence for a time of ease, and perhaps weave an attack of her own. She won't do that if you attack first."

"On the day of the invasion, you are to kill Lolth." Caecillius clenched his hand as if to represent crushing, then returned it to its normal position. A spark of joy coming from the overlord could be felt as he uttered the next words: "I can always rely on you to crush a bug or two for me, can I?"

Reinhardt Reinhardt

As the odd-looking bird escaped the confines of the Saurian's hood, Vladislav was taken aback and both endeared by it. It certainly didn't look like anything he'd seen before in the grasslands, nor anywhere else. The big man didn't question it too much - they often made his head ache. The mercenary glanced towards Yu, and then the smaller animal again before smiling wider. "Bim? Better than anything I could think of. Suits the little guy." He hid his face again behind a long draught of beer, till peering over it and placing the tankard down.

The bar wasn't bad, nor the people who gathered. Amongst the resistance, there were a few friendly figures at least. It did some good to get out of a mostly male environment too, considering more mercenary units were made up by the slight gender imbalance. And hardly any of the women who were in camp had been the nice sort. It was an odd community made up of fighters, putting aside difference to mock each other and fight. As closely as Vladislav could put it.

"So, did you find him where you're from?" Vlad questioned. Considering he was running out of topics already and it was only three drinks in evidently meant he had a lot more to go before he eased up entirely.

Interaction: CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Mentioned: Alteras Alteras

Lord Mortimer Briarwood
He turned toward the mage, clashing crimson with her surprisingly mismatched irises. Briarwood didn't break eye contact for what was an uncomfortable minute brimming with scrutiny. Glancing back toward Martin momentarily, his hand slammed down over the coin purse whilst the shopkeeper had attempted to tug it over during the discussion of the said man's reliability -- and most importantly ability to offer better information. The Vampire smiled downward till lifting his chin, somewhat pulled between a snarky response and something politely aggressive. Yet he didn't doubt the woman was right. He hadn't been further than the borders of his lands since ... well, years. "What about yourself? If you're not too busy. I understand it to be best from a reputable source, which you rightly appear. I doubt you'd need payment, for a woman of your evident status." He'd try to play to her ego if he could, considering he didn't have many options. Overall her body language didn't fidget nor have any telltale signs of mistruth - and Mortimer would take the leap of faith that there were still humans of better nature. Magic using ones at that.

"I merely want to gather two sides of an argument before making a decision." He aimed a small, albeit purposefully fetching smile. "I doubt you want some long story, so I'll simply say my condition doesn't allow me to mingle freely more often than not. Or it's the whole, be gone by nightfall." The Lord laughed and tilted his head. "Again, I'm sure explaining the political climate to a stranger isn't what you had in mind for your day. Feel free to dismiss it." Mortimer picked up on things easily, a trait that could be far more honed in service to a man such as Morelli. And yet the rebellion held an essence of that passion humanity had which the vampire so adored. Small and mighty. Alas, as the blonde pointedly stared to the elf, he turned to catch whatever name might've dropped.

Interation: fluticasone fluticasone
Mentioned: Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Interactions:
idalie idalie
Vacuum Vacuum
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf [/div][/div] [div class=EmiContent]Emiliana prepared another bowl of tomato bisque and handed it to Ka'sha. "It is fine. Information is my specialty, so I try to listen to as much as I can." Emiliana smiled at the little birdie before preparing another mug for Vlad. Lady Yu was also handed another mug, placing some money in Emi's hand. "That being said, Ya'll might want to hear this, as do all of you other resistance members!" Emiliana shouted into the air, letting the other patrons know.

Pausing to let everyone be silent, Emiliana's eyes sharpened and she continued with "Just today, there was a report that Lord Morelli has begun a mass buildup of his forces in the Capital. Signs show that they're headed to subjugate a foreign force, however it is unknown where they'll be headed. We're working on limited information here, but we do know they're expecting a short expedition, so it can't be too far from our realm." [/div][/div] [class=EmiFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmiImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/dab3b7959cf2ce4adcf5bc50be79e684-jpg.34928/full'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 35% 5%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmiTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: white; font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px black; [/class] [class=EmiMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: white; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmiMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmiContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]

Location(s): Bleakpost
Duos: None

• The insignias that were pulled out intrigued Julian greatly, but when he listened to the story his fists clenched and whispered under his breath, "Azure skies above..." Such a despicable act flashed images of what Morelli had done to his home. Julian gripped his sword hand as if to stay himself. Betrayal would always leave a foul taste in his mouth. Farmers in their cowardice could easily sell out those who wished to help them if it meant the safe return of their loved ones, but that didn't sicken him. Julian would do the same for his own family, but it was a far different matter when the bandits double crossed the farmer by perhaps violating their loved ones. That was a mission Julian wouldn't forget. The bandits only did so because they felt like it suited them better.

"Absolutely despicable. You are right to be angry; the thought boils even my blood. How could a man callously throw away lives left and right for his own gain, but wrath won't bring them back and neither will vengeance. Either he needs to learn that such actions have consequences, or justice shall smite him."

Julian, upon venting his own angers, placed his hands together and began praying. In his prayers he said, "Azia, please show the poor souls taken by the crimes of the sinful a path to your heaven." He said his piece quietly so as to not draw attention to himself, but he placed his hand over his breast in a salute and said, "Friend, you may not need my help, but I swear upon the azure sea that is the sky, I will see justice done to this despicable man." Keeping his hand on his bosom, Julian gave a bow of respect, making an oath of justice. His own feelings were boiling, and that was enough for him to act on, but he stared at the person he was speaking to and held out his hand with a smile, "Julian Azfel, last of Azfel's Sky Paladins. I believe that much of a greeting is in order." Reinhardt Reinhardt

[class name=body] margin: -10px auto; padding: 20px 0px; display: flex; position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; background: #FFF; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; align-content: stretch; [/class] [class name=image] flex: 1 0 300px; min-height: 200px; max-width: 1200px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/2T9AACU.jpg) 75% center no-repeat content-box; font-size: 0px; border: 1px solid #e8e8e8; padding: 21px; margin: 10px; [/class] [class name=contentwrap] flex: 3 0 300px; display: flex; flex-flow: column wrap; height: auto; max-height: 600px; overflow: hidden; padding: 21px 0px; [/class] [class name=name] margin: 10px; flex: 0 0 auto; font-size: 4em; box-sizing: border-box; display: block; color: #464c58; letter-spacing: -3px; line-height: .9em; padding: [/class] [class name=miniinfo] display: block; flex: 0 0 auto; font-size: .65em; line-height: .95em; color: #c7b199; text-transform: uppercase; width: calc(100 - 30px); padding-left: 30px; margin: 0px 10px 10px 10px; [/class] [class name=post] display: block; flex: 1 0 250px; margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] display: block; height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-x: visible; overflow-y: auto; text-align: justify; font-size: .85em; color: #9b9b9b; [/class] [div class=body] [div class=image] sugarvine [/div] [div class=contentwrap] [div class=name]cecilia rustan aliw[/div] [div class=miniinfo] the melting pot, bleakpost
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf idalie idalie
[/div] [div class=post][div class=scrollbox] Cecilia met his stare unflinchingly. This wasn't the first time she'd had a stare down, and this wouldn't be the last. She would not be intimidated. Idly playing with a lock of hair, she listened to his "explanation", if one could call his vague statements that. The mage wasn't an idiot; she got the subtle implications and could infer what his 'condition' was exactly. She had a few guesses, none of them positive.

She raised an eyebrow at his request. "Me?" That got a smile out of her. "I can tell entertaining stories about recent events, but my fact remembrance is muddied." She wasn't about to say that her memorization skills weren't the best. That was probably why she had terrible results with the disciplines that required exact syntax. A furrow formed between her brows as she thought about it. "I can discuss the economics at the very least. I at least know that much." Her tone implied a story, but she didn't elaborate as the elf spoke.

When the elf finally replied, she could only scoff at the statement. "Allow me to be frank. Martin here -" she gave the stiff-lipped man a nod "- probably knows who it is, but he won't release it without a price." As she listened to the elf speak, her curiosity peaked. She was grudgingly impressed. "Few people, many elves included, know of the plant and its uses. Maybe you don't deserve to be turned into a cockroach after all." Cici personally thought maybe transmuting him into a dog might be better, but she was prudent enough to know that it was best she left that out.

She moved to stand next to him and stare at the sample in question, then took it from the shelf. "Martin, I'd like this added to my list." She could think of a lot of uses for it as well as the elf. "We can discuss terms later; I could use someone who has your knowledge. Meanwhile I can whine about the inflation here to Mr...? " She trailed off, asking for a name as she turned back to the older man.
[/div][/div] [/div] [/div]

Lord Mortimer Briarwood
The Vampire certainly enjoyed the woman's resilient nature, he'd forgotten how stubborn humans could be. Humans. He spoke of them as if completely separate entities, like there was nothing left resembling the essence of mankind in his cold chest. Wearing a dead man's face and disassociating how that had once been him. How blood had been hot in his veins, how his heart fluttered and pained itself, how there had once been no hunger desperate to be satiated. Even standing there, speaking of wanting to understand, he alternatively wished to know what they tasted of. Copper and lilacs, herbs and -- Briarwood pulled himself back, placing a hand upon his forehead. Now was not the time. He needed to hold back until there was one of the worthless, have-nots around.

"Stories work just as well as anything, no matter if they're loosely built on a foundation of misremembered fact." The Lord assured, dismissing it with a nonchalant wave of his hand. "Economics is somewhere to start. I just need a general ... well-rounded conversation that might help me adapt." His head bent forwards in a bow of thanks. Nevertheless, he waited patiently for her momentary discussion with the elf, although her talk of transmuting the pointy-eared fellow had Mortimer smile -- hidden quickly behind a hand and light cough. She was a character if ever he'd met one.

"Lord. Lord Mortimer Briarwood. You might not know of our House unless you're an avid historian." He folded one arm behind his back, extending an open palm in greeting. "To whom do I owe the pleasure of such company?" The older being arched his brow extravagantly. Each movement was something of effortless elegance, yet even so, one could chalk it up to his refined upbringing. Those who lacked the paranoia anywho.

The Briarwoods had once been renowned, until of course the murder of each and every descendant till the only one standing was him. And then the terror. People spoke of black magic, kidnappings, blood drinkers, and unquenchable desire to prove innocence was a mere play on a poor man's gullibility. It had been centuries since that summer, and few remembered. There were vague stories of course. Legends. The ghost of a Lord who circled villages at night, praying on lonesome, badly behaved children. Mortimer wasn't sure how to handle becoming a tale for parents to speak of to sons and daughters. Something to be proud of? Well, it was quite amusing in his opinion.

fluticasone fluticasone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back