Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I usually just using bolding and maybe some underlines. I can imagine that it gets a little..hectic.

I just reuse the same format I use on other sites. Gives the post some aesthetic with image headers or gifs but is still 100% readable.

I was looking for someone that can write at least two paragraphs per post and preferably more and this guy came to me and say he usually post between 2-6 paragraphs for things that interest him. He also has a cool character and I'm very excited to start so I made an opening post.

And he answered me with two sentences.

Naturally I ask him why he did that when he promised me 2-6 paragraphs. His answer?

"I said for things that interest me. This, while intriguing, is a bit too mysterious as nothing much is revealed."

I specifically wrote I want long posts. What's the point of only receiving that when you feel I'm good enough?

'Oh your post is great but it's not really me. Two sentences'

To hell with you Karen

Damafaud Damafaud Okay that was just trolling. He obviously did it deliberately to make you upset and make himself feel superior. I would block immediately. There is no excuse to be childish.

When you make a character template, provide the code and then people don't use it.
I've become a little more flexible on this, but I agree with this. If you can't follow the rules and guidelines of a RP you are not getting accepted.

Damafaud Damafaud Okay that was just trolling. He obviously did it deliberately to make you upset and make himself feel superior. I would block immediately. There is no excuse to be childish.
Might not be trolling. I've met a lot of hard-line, over-serious, antagonistic people who are just coded that way rather than doing it to get a reaction.

Yeah. I'm just furious. It feels worse than being ghosted.
I can imagine. Not only did you have your time wasted putting together that concept you also have been condescended by your writing partner for seemingly no reason.

Posts that are completely unreadable because of their aesthetics. I shouldn't have to squint or highlight text just to read a post.

Posts that are completely unreadable because of their aesthetics. I shouldn't have to squint or highlight text just to read a post.

I hate that. I mean I don't even see the point. I mean the asthetic doesn't inhance anything or make your post look any better (even if it doesn't also make it unreadable).

If your presentation is unreadable, its not good presentation.

I was looking for someone that can write at least two paragraphs per post and preferably more and this guy came to me and say he usually post between 2-6 paragraphs for things that interest him. He also has a cool character and I'm very excited to start so I made an opening post.

Naturally I ask him why he did that when he promised me 2-6 paragraphs. His answer?

"I said for things that interest me. This, while intriguing, is a bit too mysterious as nothing much is revealed."

I specifically wrote I want long posts. What's the point of only receiving that when you feel I'm good enough?

To hell with you Karen
Please tell me you dropped him.

1. People who say their responses tend to be 4+ paragraphs and have roleplays/posted works that corroborate this but when you start an RP with them they give you basically nothing. If you're not interested in the roleplay after all that's totally fine, I understand, we can try tweaking the plot to make it more interesting or simply agree we're not a good fit as partners. But whyyyyy give 10% effort and not say anything?? Drives me up the wall.

2. Ignoring large chunks of dialogue/scene-making in a post. It's one thing to miss a couple little things in a response, but when it's big things that might inform the plot it just feels like the other person didn't care enough to actually read what was written. Half of RP is reading skills and I'm not going to end up sticking with an RP where my partner can't seem to read what I've written.

3. "Oh yeah, lets do well developed characters that have their own lives and any romance is just a sub-plot" but then you start the RP and it takes two paragraphs before their character is either in love with yours or a perfect Mary/Gary-sue with no room for character growth.... or both.

I'm just lucky that all my current roleplays and partners don't suffer from any of this, but man has it ruined roleplays for me before lol.
(to any of my RP partners if they ever see this... you guys are the best.)

You are SPOT ON for me. These things happen so often. I'm increasingly perplexed at the people who do this, and then don't realize their mistakes -- especially the ignoring chunks of posts.

People who don't have the guts to go "actually i'm too busy to do this" or "i'm not interested in doing this 1x1". If you can't do basic manners and just ghost me in OOC brainstorming you're going on the list.

tenor.gif

On f-list (yeah I know, I erp sometimes, not so much anymore) I had someone who liked the character I had. He then asked me if I was a girl irl which I responded no so they said they only rp with girls
I guess the gender of the person behind the screen matters that much to them. Don't think an erp site is the best place to pick up women

To hell with you Karen

Oohf! That's so frustrating!
I'd be like it's mysterious because it's an RP.. It's literally missing half of the story, dingus! And you just ruined your shot at contributing it. Hahaa. People can be rather dense at times -___-
I hope you found someone to redeem your epic starter!

People who don't have the guts to go "actually i'm too busy to do this" or "i'm not interested in doing this 1x1". If you can't do basic manners and just ghost me in OOC brainstorming you're going on the list.

See the problem is I have had people who did encourage me to tell them if I was bored/wanting to leave/busy/etc. Only to turn around and get super nasty if I tried to get out of the roleplay. Like either throw a fit or keep hounding at me until I finally had to get blunt about leaving. Then turn around and whine about what a bitch I am.

So I mean I get why for some people it might just be easier to check out rather than risk potential drama.

It's not really what's making me angry, I just want to put this here. *Ahem* WHEN YOU BOTH SPEND SO MUCH TIME BUILDING UP THE WORLD/CHARACTERS/PLOT AND IT NEVER HAPPENS. I've had so many times when me and someone I know (not their fault most of the time) builds up everything and has things ready to go and. It. Never. Happens. *dies*

When you've spent the better part of three months working on an rp and just as you're about to post the interest check someone else posts something that's basically the same thing only much better written.

I swear to god, it happens like every time.

Here is a very minor one actually that more mildly annoys me than makes me angry:
If I have a aquatic monster girl character (think fishman or mermaid), them eating fish is not cannibalism.
They live in the ocean, what do you expect them to eat? Coral and seaweed? Fish eat other fish, you numbskull.

Oohf! That's so frustrating!
I'd be like it's mysterious because it's an RP.. It's literally missing half of the story, dingus! And you just ruined your shot at contributing it. Hahaa. People can be rather dense at times -___-
I hope you found someone to redeem your epic starter!
Hope so. Haven't been lucky with applicants so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back