Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh when trying to plot becomes a chore because there’s so much going on and too much flip flopping to get something rolling.

having a rp group where only like. two members make an active effort to start things. its exhausting. especially when people complain constantly about things being different, or not feeling the same. maybe it's because at one point everyone would try to start things? instead of leaving it to a single member, or the person with mostly introverted characters? things end up at a standstill because people aren't trying to keep things engaging anymore.

eventually you end up exhausting interactions with the only other active person and can't really do or start anything else because we're waiting on others. it's immensely frustrating. 😔

I gotta say, someone who complains that you only rp with one other person but when you rp with the person who complains they just stop interacting.

Maybe I rp with this person because they're active. (: (:

Edit: Or you put a LOT of effort into your posts, and they give like 1 line. And you waited hours for that 1 line. And complain when you stop rping with them for that active person because that active person puts THE SAME EFFORT IN. Talking a few paragraphs only to get a half paragraph back. (: (:

I gotta say, someone who complains that you only rp with one other person but when you rp with the person who complains they just stop interacting.

Maybe I rp with this person because they're active. (: (:

Edit: Or you put a LOT of effort into your posts, and they give like 1 line. And you waited hours for that 1 line. And complain when you stop rping with them for that active person because that active person puts THE SAME EFFORT IN. Talking a few paragraphs only to get a half paragraph back. (: (:
I'm going to ignore the coincidence that a Five and a Klaus replied to this thread back to back in favor of saying that the whole waiting hours for a one line reply is so relatable it HURTS

I'm going to ignore the coincidence that a Five and a Klaus replied to this thread back to back in favor of saying that the whole waiting hours for a one line reply is so relatable it HURTS
They told me they posted weve been complaining about these issues in private forever in the same group help- LMAO

they make us wait and complain if we rp without them but the second they join in they'll give 1-2 sentences, sometimes the sentences is "just imagine doing this or that" just because they want to let us "keep going" but we have to wait for them the whole time. It's. So much. Pain.

They told me they posted weve been complaining about these issues in private forever in the same group help- LMAO

they make us wait and complain if we rp without them but the second they join in they'll give 1-2 sentences, sometimes the sentences is "just imagine doing this or that" just because they want to let us "keep going" but we have to wait for them the whole time. It's. So much. Pain.
people like that turn my hair grey one strand at a time
I'm so sorry y'all are experiencing that. it truly is the biggest damn headache

people like that turn my hair grey one strand at a time
I'm so sorry y'all are experiencing that. it truly is the biggest damn headache
The crazy thing is I've had worse experiences but they were shorter. This person I've known for a year.

There was someone in our group (that we eventually left them) who said "Hey im going on vacation can you wait for me to get back to post" so we did, we didn't post.

They came back two months later and said "So I guess the RP died?"

Like. No. we wait..... But yeah, it DID die after that.

They killed at least 3 of our rps before we stopped inviting them to new ones.

The crazy thing is I've had worse experiences but they were shorter. This person I've known for a year.

There was someone in our group (that we eventually left them) who said "Hey im going on vacation can you wait for me to get back to post" so we did, we didn't post.

They came back two months later and said "So I guess the RP died?"

Like. No. we wait..... But yeah, it DID die after that.

They killed at least 3 of our rps before we stopped inviting them to new ones.
WHAT
YOU'RE KIDDING
What kind of person???
That is so shitty
Like yeah, it died because of YOU and your stupid vacation...
omg...

WHAT
YOU'RE KIDDING
What kind of person???
That is so shitty
Like yeah, it died because of YOU and your stupid vacation...
omg...
FOR REAL. Like can't you come back and be like "Hey what's up lets get back into it." because it's your turn, not "oh the rp died anyway" like bro why-

edit: actually we all posted so it was their turn again smh

FOR REAL. Like can't you come back and be like "Hey what's up lets get back into it." because it's your turn, not "oh the rp died anyway" like bro why-

edit: actually we all posted so it was their turn again smh
This made me scream lmao. I cannot believe the audacity of some people

The way I left 1 interaction with inactive people to join a interaction with someone who is active, and the previously inactive person joins in the new interaction with a literal 1 liner after I wrote a paragraph. 🥲

I want to punch something when they make their posts hard to read because of the fucking coding.

I want to punch something when they make their posts hard to read because of the fucking coding.
I HATE THIS 😭 Or when they have different tabs? If it's easy to see and they explain it it's not that bad, but half the time they dont. I don't know it's happening, so I miss posts

I HATE THIS 😭 Or when they have different tabs? If it's easy to see and they explain it it's not that bad, but half the time they dont. I don't know it's happening, so I miss posts
I to zoom in because the text is squashed to the side because of the coding 🥲 urgh

people retyping what you already said in their reply
no cause i especially hate this when it's something that their character shouldn't even know.. like, let's say my character is resentful toward them for something, and they're thinking that to themselves but the person, in their response, has their character's thoughts responding to my character's thoughts. i don't know if this makes sense, but it annoys me so much lmao

this more so relates to fandom characters, but nothing annoys me like a bad headcanon. especially with someone who's fiercely protective of their bad headcanons.. what's the point of writing canon characters if you're not.. going to be in character?

USING EVERY SINGLE TAG IN AN INTEREST CHECK.

I cannot tell you how many times I've tried to find a good interest check for a RP, only to be driven away by the user using every single goddamn tag to describe it. Supernatural Futuristic Fantasy Slice-of-Life Romance Mystery Thriller Horror means absolutely nothing to me, and I have absolutely no idea what the important themes of the RP are. It's just flooded with fluff!!

I have a general rule where I will only - ONLY - use 3 tags to describe an interest check for groups, 4 if I absolutely must. It's not hard to categorize your RP, and it's not hard to pick the most important elements!

This person who pushed their way into the rp to give one liners then started their characters on a rant about how mean our characters were because

Since they pushed their way in, our characters kind of glarefd at them. So their characters cried and ran awya into another room.

And now this person wrote 6 paragraphs of their two characters in ANOTHER room having an interaction alone, taking up the page and interupting our interaction.

I don't know why people can't just... interact respectfully?

This person who pushed their way into the rp to give one liners then started their characters on a rant about how mean our characters were because

Since they pushed their way in, our characters kind of glarefd at them. So their characters cried and ran awya into another room.

And now this person wrote 6 paragraphs of their two characters in ANOTHER room having an interaction alone, taking up the page and interupting our interaction.

I don't know why people can't just... interact respectfully?
Yeah those kind of people are obnoxious and wow what’s the point of being an ass and then rping with themselves? Like what’s the point? 😂

Half the time the tabs don't even work, or maybe I'm just dumb and don't know how to make them work since there's not always a visible indicator as to where they are.

People will give theirs posts backgrounds and they use some kind of dark text on it so it's hard to read smh
Oh okay well that's different. I've just run into people who complain about this but the issue turns out to be that the other person is in light mode so they tend to use darker text.

Oh okay well that's different. I've just run into people who complain about this but the issue turns out to be that the other person is in light mode so they tend to use darker text.
In that case, can't they just stick to default colors (as in leave majority of their texts without coloring codes) so everyone can read what they write regardless of the light/dark modes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back