Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

Technically Pokemon as well, though I guess first anime I watched with any interest was probably Naruto (though I quickly lost interest), and then IGPX, which I absolutely loved when I was younger.

I watched anime when I was little because I have an older cousin who really enjoyed it.

The first one we watched together is Ultra Maniac.

;) anime is my speciality, guessing from your profile pic you've watched Studio Ghibli stuff, correct?

Recently, I've edged into creepy/horror. Prime example, Tokyo Ghoul. But, dramatic things like Zankyou no Terror are super cool too.

Trust me my friend, you won't be able to recommend a thing I haven't watched already; no one can :( also, I'll message you the... Gruesome details...

MindfulMagpie said:
Recently, I've edged into creepy/horror. Prime example, Tokyo Ghoul. But, dramatic things like Zankyou no Terror are super cool too.
Have you seen Parasyte? Fairly new anime adaption that's similar to Tokyo Ghoul, I think you'd like it.

Omg, yes I've seen Parasyte. I'm still distraught about the loss of glasses and a bunch of other things that are kind of spoilery but GODDAMMIT SHIN.

Pretty sure it was Inuyasha. I would sneak out of bed and watch it with my younger cousin every night one summer. Right after that I watched all Ranma 1/2 episodes that I could find.

Just realized I've never actually posted my first anime on here, so I'll just do it now...

My first anime was either Anpanman or Doraemon, since they're both kiddie shows in Japan and my mother is Japanese. They're still both adorable to watch even now, though.

Anyone wanna join an Rp about a bunch of guys who are slaves/ eternal servemts of these 2 twins who make them be in relationships, cosplay, and do chores for their entertainment? It's like Our an but with renge running them and making them do what she wants. Still romantic comedy.

[QUOTE="Loke Fullbuster]Anyone wanna join an Rp about a bunch of guys who are slaves/ eternal servemts of these 2 twins who make them be in relationships, cosplay, and do chores for their entertainment? It's like Our an but with renge running them and making them do what she wants. Still romantic comedy.

[/QUOTE]
That sounds interesting, but finals are coming up for me and I probably won't have enough time to participate... ^^; Good luck recruiting members for your roleplay, though.

MindfulMagpie said:
Alien Nine

Bokurano - "like Evangelion, but even more depressing."

Pretty much everything by Junji Ito is full of body horror and terrifying creepy situations with the one exception of the slice of life thing about cats.

OnyxReaper said:
Trust me my friend, you won't be able to recommend a thing I haven't watched already; no one can :( also, I'll message you the... Gruesome details...
I might be able to recommend some weird manga.

My list just grows! Thank you so much for all these recommendations, guys. This Bokurano sounds wonderful, I'll make sure to check into it. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back