Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

Why FMA? It was good and all, but I'm sure that you would've watched something like Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon first, it's generally what most people have ended up doing really.

Um... I was actually too young to remember which was first, since a lot of anime was on TV when I was a kid (pretty much everything was anime to be honest), but the earliest specific anime I can pinpoint as a kid was Kimba the White Lion, Astro Boy, and Mazinger Z.

My first genuine anime obsession, however, was Candy Candy. Ahh, the days of pastel shoujo.

If I have to be honest . . . my first anime ever was actually the classic Speed Racer, courtesy of my dad.

The first anime that I had watched was Death Note. It was pretty good but I dont remember much about it, I should probably rewatch.

The first anime I ever watched was Chobits, and then I was hooked, of course my favorite is FMA. <3

Wll this is hard to answer. I think I started with robotech (first season) and Voltron as far as I can remember but I am not sure if they are counted as anime or not (since they were butchered versions of actual animes Macross and Golion) Than there was world classics like Heidi and daddy long legs or some historical ones like rose of versaille or som other classics like zorro but I was not sure what was anime back than either were watching them as cartoons. I think I heard the term anime when I first watched Magic Knight Rayearth although the one I watched had english names the story was mostly intact from japanese one(including all deaths and such). What I could truly count as my first anime as watched was Guyver OVA's and Ninja Scroll.

The only one I was allowed to watch when I was younger was Sailor Moon and I loved it. I wasn't allowed to watch Pokemon or anything like that. The first one I watched that I got really into was Trigun, and then Ouran High School Host Club. :)

No, actually. My family really wasn't religious at all. Maybe it was the fact that my parents didn't like it? My mother said it's because of the violence, though I feel like they were equally violent. But I wasn't even allowed to watch Spongebob because of violence. I'm 23 and it still confuses me xD

Lol! I have, I've just never gotten a very coherent answer. It's very insane because my younger siblings were able to see things like the Pirates of the Caribbean and things like that, but I couldn't even watch Spongebob when I was their age. :P

If you were the first child it may explain why though don't ask for details I don't know myself I had a curfey and why younger sister didn't for ages :P (or why it was ok for her to steal my toys but not for me to steal hers :P )

Yeah older or first children are a whole different animal for most parents. Many kids wonder why younger kids seem to get away with more. In many cases it is just a lack of there being a manual for parents to follow that will fit every child, so it often comes down to lack of experience. [Disclaimer: As always exceptions apply, your mileage may vary. The opinions expressed here are are mine and mine alone and can be taken as free advice, making them worth exactly what you paid for them.]

I think you're right

:) My mother is one to overdo things like that when she's new with it. If she could have made me biohazard suit in a big bubble, she would have done so!​

Yeah there is a set of commercials that shows parents coddling their first children and then letting their second run do whatever. It is not far from the truth for many parents. You realize that things you thought were a big deal really aren't as bad as you thought.

My Mental Choices Are Ruining My Highschool Romantic Comedy.

Loved it

(First anime I actually finished, not the first I watched)

The only two anime shows I've watched and finished are Naruto and Blue Exorcist, in that order.

Fairy Tail was the first anime I ever watched. Psyren was my first manga. Saw it in an issue of jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back