Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

Always an atheist, in my own opinion, I've always thought of all religions as a form of self assurance that you're important to someone, some ethereal being; Religion was simply a part of human thinking, in the age of progress and science, it shall wilt and crumble to dust ~a paraphrased quite by some guy I can't remember the name of~

I doubt religion will withers away and fade, only change over time. There are cults that still worship Greek deities. Religion will live but may be over shadowed by science and reason. I see the world becoming full of agnostics and Atheist in a hundred years or so.

[QUOTE="Kinxus Koi]However, I would like to make a character based on the concept of SAO. I find it pretty cool. Although, I want to make it where there's not an really ounce of happy endings. With plot twist galore that'll stab you in the back without mercy. Much, like The Walking Dead (video game).

[/QUOTE]
See that type of thing has started to become so normal in some genres (not all of course) that "happy endings" are staring to actually become novel. I used to be big on the grim ending thing, but real life is grim enough and i've seen enough death for real so I not perfer my fiction to end on a more upbeat note. I don't care if the hero(es) die, so long as they die accomplishing something.

OnyxReaper said:
Exactly, it will slowly either, it'll never truly die... It'll simply begin to just exist..,
At least for the foreseeable future we cannot conclusively prove what happens after death, we can make logical extrapolations, but we can't prove it scientifically that there is "nothing" after death. Proving a negative is damn near impossible and so long as that is true there will be religion. It's not as if there were not religion we'd be all nice to each other. We'd just find another excuse like nationalism, race or whatever to be nasty to one another. Heck Stalin and Mao were atheists and look at all the millions they killed and tortured---humans are just good at being crappy to each other, irregardless of what excuse they use.

That said, has anyone else watched the new CGI Space Pirate Harlock?

Both Full metal alchemist and Excel Saga were my first experiences with anime, watched them around the same time.

Hehe, it follows the same plot, so you probably won't be surprised by anything, and I swear some of the episodes are complete copies from the original.

A harem. It wasn't me, but my brother watched it and I just decided to watch it too.

Love Hina ._.;;;

Happened to be CardCaptor Sakura. Kinda pleased it'll be shown now on Crunchyroll (though I haven't checked site in ages, so might have been posted). Still it won't be what I thought of it when only 2.

Peach Girl. Probably four-ish years ago. I had heard about anime and loved the style, but never actually watched any. One day when I came home and was flipping through the channels, it was on Funimation. I watched it pretty much everyday when I came home after that.

Disregarding Pokémon and Digimon, my first anime was probably Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, a black comedy about a coquettish guardian angel murdering her romantic interest and then reviving him the next second. Multiple times. Add in a whole lotta adult jokes and gratuitous bloodshed and you get this inane show that I stumbled across during my more formative years. ( I think I was around 8.) I feel like this anime shaped me as a person.

I am unable to remember what my first anime was. I have seen too many to keep track of things such as the first I watched.

Got to say DragonBall Z for that one. Freeza saga, to be exact. Man, when Goku goes Super Saiyan for the first time, it's freaking epic. It was one of those triumphant fist-pump-in-the-air-victoriously moments. :)

I watched many things without knowing it was anime when I was little. Things as Digimon, Pokemon, Sailermoon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

And I forgot what I watched when I knew what anime was. It might have been Chi's Sweet Home, but I wouldn't know for sure. Might have been Air too... (I should watch some anime again soon. If only I had time...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back