Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

Fate

half cooked bean water
<p>

Hey, I don't know if this had already been done, but what was the first anime you ever watched? The first anime I ever watched was Death Note.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say Inuyasha. I remember my oldest brother watching it on Toonami at night when I was four to six years old and he told me what it is. When I got older and could properly use a computer outside of paint program, I started to watch the entire series since I'd never seen all the episodes and it kind of budded from there. I was about eight or nine by that point.

Raneth said:
I'd say Inuyasha. I remember my oldest brother watching it on Toonami at night when I was four to six years old and he told me what it is. When I got older and could properly use a computer outside of paint program, I started to watch the entire series since I'd never seen all the episodes and it kind of budded from there. I was about eight or nine by that point.
I could never get into InuYasha. But cool.

Well when I was a baby my mom watched Sailor Moon with me. But my really first anime was in 4th grade my older best friend showed me Rosario+Vampire and...... yeah so my first anime was that one really, before that I can't remember

I watched Cowboy Bebop when I first started having insomnia. Haven't really watched any other ones since then, aside from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

Fate said:
Yes you did.
And I do mean, ALL of it. That includes the movies. I looked back on it recently and realized. Holy shit, almost the entirety of plot-relevant events happened in a single seasons' worth of episodes.

TacoMann said:
And I do mean, ALL of it. That includes the movies. I looked back on it recently and realized. Holy shit, almost the entirety of plot-relevant events happened in a single seasons' worth of episodes.
Oh god.

By the way nice avatar you got there!

Grell~

Yu Yu Hakusho was my first. I believe we're all in agreement that it's the best battle shounen of the '90s, perhaps next to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Fate said:
Oh god.
By the way nice avatar you got there!

Grell~
Someone finally gets it. I'm actually working on a Grell cosplay as a hobby. I'll never be able to pull him/her off as well as Eruka Frog, and I'll never wear it unless my husband gets some form of Black Butler cosplay to match...but still, he's the character my over-the-top energetic "persona" around mi amigos best resembles, so... eh? Besides. Sexy Sharp-Dressed Overly Camp Transgender (Occaisionally Neko) Shinigami w/Chainsaw. What's not to like?

And yes, I CAN actually out-camp Grell at times, thank-you-very-much. It takes a special kind of Camp to learn the Rocky Horror shoutouts by heart.

TacoMann said:
Someone finally gets it. I'm actually working on a Grell cosplay as a hobby. I'll never be able to pull him/her off as well as Eruka Frog, and I'll never wear it unless my husband gets some form of Black Butler cosplay to match...but still, he's the character my over-the-top energetic "persona" around mi amigos best resembles, so... eh? Besides. Sexy Sharp-Dressed Overly Camp Transgender (Occaisionally Neko) Shinigami w/Chainsaw. What's not to like?
And yes, I CAN actually out-camp Grell at times, thank-you-very-much. It takes a special kind of Camp to learn the Rocky Horror shoutouts by heart.
Why not make him cosplay Sebby?! That would be fun! I cosplay Ciel, Alois, and Sebastian. I fit perfectly for Sebby because we are both 6'1...but my height doesn't work very well with Ciel and Alois ^^"

Anywhore, you seem like a fun person!

//Follows chu

Well, he's a fairly burly man. Then again I would like to spend some time fawning over Bassy. Then again I also got to meet J Michael Tatum in person last con I went to. Such a sweetheart. I accidentally grabbed his ass when we where all getting shoe'd out for the next panel, and felt bad about that. But he really was one helluva sweetheart, he was doing requests, y'know, he gave a Hannah cosplayer a big hug, he signed some fanart, took some photos, gave some fun little stories about himself and Brina Palencia getting totally paranoid after watching a marathon of ghost-films and then hearing what turned out to be his hair hitting the Mic in the recording studio. Hell, he even did two rather raunchy requests, the first being the result of him explaining that, as a joke, the Vocal Director for Kuroshitsuji's english dub, Ian, told him that his lines for a certain scene involving a nun "needed alittle more movement."

JMT: "So I was erm... (awkward shuffle) ... no-not doing th- I was dirty dancing up at the Mic-"

Guy with a flatcap I owe money: "Please Demonstrate."

Crowd of Fangirls (and boys): Now screaming

JMT: "Allright, allright." (Two quick pelvic thrusts) "There, I'm done. That's gonna be all over the web, as a gif, haunting me." (waits for fangirls to die down)

JMT: "So, I did that while re-recording the line, and I ask 'Well Ian, was that better?' And I don't hear any response, and I look over at the window in the booth and he's RIGHT THERE AGAINST THE GLASS, just LAUGHING like a MANIAC. And after awhile he went back to his mic and said 'Oh my god, you sick fuck, I can't believe you actually did it.'"

Other incident: After a discussion about Sebastian's True Form

Kuroshitsuji.full.625450.jpg

He agreed to say something, on the condition that the Ciel cosplayer asking him, ordered him to do so in character.

Blushing Ciel cosplayer (after a bout of being swayed by her freinds): "Sebastian! I order you to boast of your prowess as a demonic prostitute!"

JMT (in character): "Why of course! I'm simply one hell of a Demon Hooker."

He really was quite the sweetheart. At the same Con, I got to hear Takahata101's lovely lovely voice.

TacoMann said:
Well, he's a fairly burly man. Then again I would like to spend some time fawning over Bassy. Then again I also got to meet J Michael Tatum in person last con I went to. Such a sweetheart. I accidentally grabbed his ass when we where all getting shoe'd out for the next panel, and felt bad about that. But he really was one helluva sweetheart, he was doing requests, y'know, he gave a Hannah cosplayer a big hug, he signed some fanart, took some photos, gave some fun little stories about himself and Brina Palencia getting totally paranoid after watching a marathon of ghost-films and then hearing what turned out to be his hair hitting the Mic in the recording studio. Hell, he even did two rather raunchy requests, the first being the result of him explaining that, as a joke, the Vocal Director for Kuroshitsuji's english dub, Ian, told him that his lines for a certain scene involving a nun "needed alittle more movement."
JMT: "So I was erm... (awkward shuffle) ... no-not doing th- I was dirty dancing up at the Mic-"

Guy with a flatcap I owe money: "Please Demonstrate."

Crowd of Fangirls (and boys): Now screaming

JMT: "Allright, allright." (Two quick pelvic thrusts) "There, I'm done. That's gonna be all over the web, as a gif, haunting me." (waits for fangirls to die down)

JMT: "So, I did that while re-recording the line, and I ask 'Well Ian, was that better?' And I don't hear any response, and I look over at the window in the booth and he's RIGHT THERE AGAINST THE GLASS, just LAUGHING like a MANIAC. And after awhile he went back to his mic and said 'Oh my god, you sick fuck, I can't believe you actually did it.'"

Other incident: After a discussion about Sebastian's True Form

Kuroshitsuji.full.625450.jpg

He agreed to say something, on the condition that the Ciel cosplayer asking him, ordered him to do so in character.

Blushing Ciel cosplayer (after a bout of being swayed by her freinds): "Sebastian! I order you to boast of your prowess as a demonic prostitute!"

JMT (in character): "Why of course! I'm simply one hell of a Demon Hooker."

He really was quite the sweetheart. At the same Con, I got to hear Takahata101's lovely lovely voice.

OH MY GOD xD

//sputters

ONE HELL OF A DEMON HOOKER

//chokes

But wait!

What about the Jack The Ripper case...he shouldn't act as a prostitute!

O~ Bassy-boy. Sebas-chan~. I don't care what your career of passion is so long as you spare a share of that passion for me~.

Or to use an actual quote, that I've actually used to explain my choice of attire at times.

"Red is the color of Hot, Fiery, PASSION and I. Am. FLAMING!!!"

Changing Franchises to something more Kid-Friendly:

"I am the flame that burns brightest. I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!"

Oh my god xD

Or just talk about the whole thing about Madam Red hating red, then liking it, then hating it again, then liking it AGAIN.

I swear she confused the hell out of me.

Well, she was the first animated character I've seen invoke what is commonly known as "The Kamina/Yoko Effect" on a buddy I watch anime with.

Kaminapostermakeout.JPG

I grew up Asian so everything I watched was technically anime. xD However, if it were a show that I chose to watch and still remember, I'm pretty sure it was either Pokemon or Sailor Moon.

[QUOTE="Darth Pai]I grew up Asian so everything I watched was technically anime. xD However, if it were a show that I chose to watch and still remember, I'm pretty sure it was either Pokemon or Sailor Moon.

[/QUOTE]
I grew up Japanese, all though Im Brit and German too, so anime is what I would watch and what I still watch now. But my family has turned to German so Im all alone.

May or may not date myself with this, but my first anime was Voltron as well.

Granted, I watched the american version on video after the series had ended, but it was still my first and I watched it not long after the series end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back