Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

See, that would depend on whether it was the first anime that I watched that I knew was anime or if you just mean the first anime I watched. If it's the first anime I watched it would be Robotech or Voltron. Given that I watched both of those when I was a kid, if it's the first one that I knew was an anime when I was watching it then I think it would be Dominion: Tank Police.

My first one was Sailor Moon. I was 4 years old at the time, and I thought it was an annoying commercial at first because of Serena/Usagi's voice.

First one I ever watched was Rurouni Kenshin.

I fell in love with the plot alone. I was already fascinated with Japanese culture and the way of the samurai, but when I figured out the plot, a skitzo samurai who has epic hidden power he tries to keep hidden out of fear but when unleashed is way awesome? Sorry if that kept my attention. I couldn't look away.

But then I got into Pokemon and YuGiOh and all that and I stopped watching Kenshin kick butt. I still loved the beauty of that first anime though. Anime is such a delicate art.

I'm not really an anime person. It's hard for me to grasp the plot lines most of the time and the only one I watch is really Pokemon. But recently I found Anohana, The Flower We Saw That Day and I'm in love.

MindfulMagpie said:
Naruto.
(Pls help someone tell my baby self to start with something less cliche)
M first anime was also Naruto. Mainly because it was one of the only animes you could watch on a cartoon channel at the time. I don't mind the anime, but there are certainly better ones out there.

Well my first animes would have been Pokemon, Digimon as a child. In middle school I watched parts of Bleach, and eventually found School Rumble which I consider my first actual anime.

Well technically my first Anime would of been Pokemon like so many others, then again I didn't even know what Anime was really back then ahaha. Now come to think of it a little later on I was borrowing the video tapes of Red Dwarf from our family friends but they accidental mixed up the tapes and so when I tried to watch a season I got confronted by 'Cyber City Odedo 808' now having only seen Pokemon before this blew damn mind, after all it was my first exposure to mature setting in such an art style. Long story short bloody loved it and still remember it fondly and it was so unexpected which only made it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but my first was a cousin's VHS copy of Akira. In case the "VHS" part didn't clue you in, this was a long time ago.

I think, if I remember correctly, it has to be either Salior Moon, Dragon Ball Z, or Pokemon. I just don't remember.

Sailor Moon. I remember thinking it was kinda cool and silly but I didn't really get into anime until DBZ started showing on Toonami. Makes sense now that I think about it; DBZ was much more tailored to my demographic than Sailor Moon (although I still really like both a lot lol)

Mine... Well that would have to be either Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a kid but I'd have to say it was Pokemon. When I hit my early teens I got introduced to Death Note, InuYasha, and other animes. My friend made a very, very bad mistake when she introduced me to InuYasha. Almost ten years later and it's still my favorite anime despite how I really don't watch anime anymore.

Speed Racer.

I can't tell you how much I loved that show! I pretty much ate, drank, and slept Speed Racer...

As I got a little bit older, and not as prone to take my bicycle out and pretend to race, I started watching reruns of Voltron. Eventually I moved onto Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, Outlaw Star. My mother hated anime, so I always had to watch it when she wasn't home or distracted with something else. I discovered Elfen Lied, X/1999, Orphen, and Eden of the East when I was much older.

Unfortunately, I don't watch a lot of anime anymore. I still have my old favorites--lately Orphen and Cowboy Bebop--on DVD. Every once in a while I'll take them out.

Digimon for me. I used to get up early on Saturday morning to watch it. I didn't care enough about pokemon to watch it, I thought Digimon was so much more badass! From there I spiraled out of control and eventually ended up watching Neon Genesis Evangelion wayyyy to young to understand.

My mum actually got me into watching anime by sitting me down with her to watch Sailor Moon when I was a wee child. I'm still grateful that she introduced it to me when I was so young!

Well the first one I ever watched was Naruto, both when I saw the show air on Cartoon Network back then (only seeing the first episode though) and when I decided to dive into the anime pool a few months ago. However, before that I had watch some Studio Gibli films (Castle in the Sky, Howls Moving Castle, and parts of Princess Mononoke), the first 50 episodes of pokemon, and some of the bad CN anime. Yet Naruto was the first one I watched without anyone needing to show me it.

Tenchi Muyo. I was hooked. After that it was Initial D. But I never did get past episode six or something like that since this was before you could just go get your happy self on Netflix or whatever and complete a series.

I need to go find the remaining episodes of Initial D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back