Experiences What was one roleplay that you enjoyed a lot that is gone now?

teluhtubby

Three Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just answer the question. I'll go first.

I was in this one roleplay that I created. It went on for months and I adored it so much. I always looked forward to waking up and replying. But then my rp partner grew out of it and was stressed/busy with other things. I understood and it disappeared... I still think about it all the time.

"Would you love her?"

It was my biggest roleplay that lasted for at least five years. We named it Time Blossom, and it was one massive cross-universe with all of our favorite series and their worlds put into one, sort of like a Smash Brothers colab. Bleach, Zelda, OCs, The Enduring Flame Trilogy... it had everything we loved. It had five major arcs and roughly fourteen main characters in total, and while this seemed like a lot, we had 109 characters involved in the entire series. It ended when I had a falling out with this partner due to them losing interest, and what made me really sad is we were just starting a new arc with all of the characters having an argument, to which would never be resolved due to the story ending. I use this roleplay to practice writing techniques by going back and expanding on our two-to-three sentence posts, and revising what was originally written. Keeps the memories from leaving the heart that way.

On a positive outlook however, this friend and I have made up two years ago and are currently revisitng a similar styled roleplay that involves less main characters and more arc-based character visits instead. This one will likely take the crown of my favorite.

A lot of historical AUs in the Harry Potter universe. But the one that most bummed me out was an AU of the Marauders Era. The person was really fun to chat with and we had a lot of the same ideas. They just vanished from the site unfortunately (I am assuming something IrL got hold of them).

This AU of infinity war where the agents of shield were involved. Me and my ex (now) were agents in love and I was also Miles Morales in it who was the babysitter of their kid. So Thanos came to New York to try and take the time stone from dr. strange and our rag tag group of misfits fought him and his children off and it was awesome! My ex is a shitty person but I do miss those days.

I had a circus RP where I was the controlling ringmaster/owner with a talent for perfectly mimicking voices and my partner was a blind silk dancer refusing to give in. I adore the concept to this day since a blind protagonist plus a manipulative villain with perfect vocal manipulation is very fun! Sadly, I'd never do it with anyone else because it worked out so well (in my opinion ) with my partner. Anyone else would change an already perfect thing, and I can't justify that. My partner left the site due to real world stuff. I still go back and read it now and again though!

Finished a rp last year with one of my writing partners and I still daydream about it! The premise started as: treasure planet but lesbians and more swords. Turned into a story about the MCs finding themselves through a spiritual quest. Lots of themes around choice and consequence.

One was a Harry Potter roleplay exploring what it must have been like to have people you go to school with trying to kill you, have built friendships that were ultimately a lie and be children/teenagers thrust into war. Was very fun! A lot of angst and drama and some pretty sweet moments. Set in a safehouse in London for Hogwarts Students, as a lot of them were probably unaffiliated with both sides or unaware of what had been going on, was a group of friends hiding out - just trying to survive and work out what was happening.

Sometimes we played around with the characters just being normal teenagers doing lessons and bunking off to Hogsmeade as sort of flashbacks between main posts and then we had the sort of "start," of it all with the betrayal and discovery that one of them was dead. Became a bit of a murder mystery trying to work out who was the Death eater who'd betrayed the others and then we did the reaction to the reveal. I'll never forget that IC moment as it was just really well written by that person and made character sense, pressure from their family and a mix of other things turning them into quite the well-made antagonist. Some characters called for their blood, some refused to admit that everything had been a lie, one considered joining them. Was quite the chaotic mess.

It died a little bit after the "traitors reveal," simply because the group all got busy with real life. I was never super into fandom roleplays but I really did adore that one, such a fun premise to explore and I'm a sucker for found family and for playing around with betrayal type plotlines. Hadn't thought about it too much in a while but this question reminded me and I really do miss it, was the furthest I'd ever gotten in a group RP length wise.

There was this one modern fantasy role play where our characters met in a support group. I played a witch and my partner played a werewolf. They didn't get along at first. Their interactions were so much fun.

There's been many, but definitely the most memorable were the series of Hunger Games RP's I did years ago with a single partner. They were not on this site, but they were super engaging and fun. Each character had so much personality, even the NPC's. It hurt to kill off most of the characters (and of course we had to since that's just the nature of the Hunger Games). Of course with there only being one victor we also had to kill off our own characters sometimes; we alternated each time between who would play the victor character.

Oh, and each RP was linked to the last. We started with the 45th I think and then made it up to the 49th. We had plans for more, but then real life got in the way. We are still in contact so may continue some day. Maybe.

Let's see... most incarnations of The Very Best, the original Magical Goddess Girls, the original Project Sailor, and the Project Sailor that opened with one of the players dubbing the monster we were fighting "Big Fucking Worm."

I was just rereading a supernatural zombie rp (zombies being like walking dead) until one of our players and the Gm disappeared. GM hasn’t been seen since 2021 and missing player last online February 12, 2022. We had another one as well but that didn’t get as far. They were both private pm based rps by the same GM.

Another one was a warrior cat rp and we’d been coming up with ideas for it, however again the Gm disappeared as well as at least one player. Both not seem since November 5th 2021.

It wasn't a storyline here, but it was on another website. Twenty years ago, this year, I participated in my first true RP. It was a medieval fantasy storyline. It started out great and had about ten players including myself. It went on for about two years until participation sharply dropped. The players were still active on the website's forums because they were posting in other forums. There was talk of either rebooting the story or doing a time skip to revitalize participation. Sadly, that didn't happen and I had the last post where my character goes to the inn's kitchen to get a bite to eat.

I started out with one character and then moved onto a second because the GM said I could only RP as one character since I didn't start the storyline as having two characters.

If I had to do things all over again, by having the experience I have now and the character pool I have now, I would have definitely handled things differently. The first character I used was a Gary Stu that used on another forum afterwards and then retired after awhile. I have only just now revisited my first RP character. I have renamed the character so he doesn't have the same name as me, but I really need to trim his abilities and background so he isn't has grandiose. The second I character I played as was a prototype of a werewolf character I have heavily developed since then, but wouldn't be compatible since he's an urban fantasy character. Although I have a expy character in the form of an ancestor, I think I would have used my minotaur character.

One day, I would like to be involved in a storyline where the physical setting is a tavern & inn and the temporal setting is medieval fantasy so I could have a second chance of playing as my minotaur character.

I had this great rp a year or so ago (it was actually not on this site) with my first ever real roleplay partner. It was a totally original story with original characters that we developed over the months we did the roleplay. Eventually we both felt that the rp had ran its course so we both agreed to end it. It was definitely the most fun rp I had ever done I remember enjoying it very much. I'm glad that it wasn't a matter of getting cut short though, because both my partner and I felt that it was time to bring an end to an amazing rp. Luckily, I still occasionally talk with that partner, so it's not like they disappeared forever haha.

The way in which we ended I thought was pretty cool and almost "Shakespearean" if you will. If you care to read about it, I will mark it as a spoiler since I must warn you it deals with topics that may be sensitive to some.

WARNING: DISTURBING TOPICS DISCUSSED HERE!!!!!! CLICK AWAY IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE DARK THEMES. So basically, when both my partner and I had felt that the rp had run its course, we ended with a cinematic suicide. Yea I know pretty dark, but it was really emotional and my partner actually said she was drawn to tears haha. So what we did was her character jumped off a bridge after she felt that my character no longer loved her, and it was interesting because my character had some internal guilt and felt that he no longer loved her. Her character and my character were in a romantic relationship that had been going strong until some conflict led to my character wondering if he truly loved her. Eventually she found out my character was having second thoughts and was driven to suicide because she loved my character so much and couldn't bear with the fact that he didn't love her anymore. Eventually when my character learned that she had jumped off the bridge and killed herself, he was devastated. He eventually attended her funeral (which depressingly wasn't attended by many) and was essentially ghosted by all of her and his friends when they learned that he had essentially driven her to take her own life. A few days later to finally end off the rp, my character eventually ended up killing himself, not being able to deal with the guilt. The most cinematic thing of it all, my character went to the very same spot and same bridge that her character had gone to jump off and kill herself.

My first session ever, was quite frankly a dumpster fire on top of a car crash. All the red flags you can find, the edgy dark themes we think of that seems to resonate with us as young teenagers that now makes ya cringe? Terrible spelling, even more horrendous grammar, and the most painful writing you could ever think of. By all standards, it was soul crushing. Random little events such as characters screaming out genitals, or just shooting someone with a dart gun without thinking about how they obtained said dart gun. People breaking the fourth wall and surprising other characters with information they previously weren't even aware of. The uncounted times where in combat our characters did the whole "teleports behind you" thing that people did.

But, nonetheless it was still our mess. Over the few months we interacted, I vented all my little demons and still placed enormous effort into it. It was sort of a comfort from the stress that was tormenting me for a long time. It really pushed the habit of honing my english skills, and encouraged me to be more social. The session turned from something that I did because I was apparently, breaking your foot isn't a bad way of limiting the hobbies you can execute, into something I genuinely enjoyed.

Everyone starts small, and even when I was at the bottom, it felt gratifying.

It was a group roleplay, limited only by the literacy restriction. It had its fair share of popularity among the chain of roleplays that Disboard usually hosted. Without controversy, it continued to prosper for several months—perhaps reaching its first-anniversary date, until it inescapably fell into dissonance, caused by the immaturity of some whose opinions were challenged over the keyboard.

Based on the many topics of political correctness, most argued in the defense of others, instead of themselves. Of course, naturally, it became nothing more than a memoir for most such as myself, who just observed with an empty expression throughout the viewing of the chatlog.

The story was about a specific country in a large continent that harbored both the mafia and medieval military with knights. There were also flying pirates that did not pillage but instead brought salvation to the people below, completely defeating the purpose and definition of a pirate. The morally good guys, if you would. And you can't forget the bootleg Akatsuki from Naruto that used the tarot cards for ranks, desiring to remain clandestine to overthrow the government(s) around the globe, for whatever purpose that we never reached as like all roleplays, it died before the climax. Except, the GM forgot that a literal hovering castle in the azure skies the size of the Pentagon isn't exactly so secluded from the naked eye.

Either way, it was an enjoyable experience.

Last edited:
i had this partner and we had about five rps going on at once. they replied fast and i loved their writing style so we really got along, had all kinds of headcanons and plots to talk about. i don’t remember what happened but we lost contact with each other and i really miss rping with them, i made some many good memories with them 😔💔

The most memorable roleplay that I've ever been a part of was also the first one that I started myself. I was 12-13 at the time, just getting my feet wet in forum roleplays.

It was a Pokemon RP that... started off with absolutely no plot, and most of the participants were on the younger side like me. But my group was very dedicated and creative, and we ended up having loads of fun with the whole project. Within the span of a year (498 pages), the RP went from being a sandbox with no solid story, to having picked up a surprisingly mature, animesque plot. The writing quality also improved a lot by the end, with far less one-liners and more emotion, description, and character growth. Sadly, the forum that this RP took place on had started becoming a hotbed of personal and political drama between the older members, which resulted in large swathes of people leaving. My group made our own forum and tried to move the RP there, but we had run out of ideas by that point, so the whole story just ended on a cliffhanger.

This was all 10 years ago. The very first person who joined that RP quickly became my best friend (now my girlfriend), and I'm still in contact with most of the other people who were involved. I never really experienced anything like that since, but I wish I could.

It's kind of hard for me to explain the memorable/great RPs that I've been in because they have all been adult oriented (obviously not on this site). I will never understand it, but I've always had better luck getting RPs started and continuing when they are... x-rated. I put just as much, of not MORE effort into getting myself situated in non-adult RPs. But for whatever reason, it's the NSFW ones that flourish.

I've tried for the last 15 minutes to write a synopsis on some of them without getting into anything that might get me flagged on the site... but I wind up leaving out so much detail it isn't worth mentioning them. lmao
Ah, well. C'est la vie

It's kind of hard for me to explain the memorable/great RPs that I've been in because they have all been adult oriented (obviously not on this site). I will never understand it, but I've always had better luck getting RPs started and continuing when they are... x-rated. I put just as much, of not MORE effort into getting myself situated in non-adult RPs. But for whatever reason, it's the NSFW ones that flourish.

I've tried for the last 15 minutes to write a synopsis on some of them without getting into anything that might get me flagged on the site... but I wind up leaving out so much detail it isn't worth mentioning them. lmao
Ah, well. C'est la vie
I feel this a lot
All of the most heart stopping and exciting role plays along with a fruitful plot have been rps that could never be on this site because of adult content but it wasnt all dirty. Just more intense and passionate
My heart felt sympathies

I feel this a lot
All of the most heart stopping and exciting role plays along with a fruitful plot have been rps that could never be on this site because of adult content but it wasnt all dirty. Just more intense and passionate
My heart felt sympathies
My best guess is that its the age demographic. I mean, I know the sites are 18+. But I feel like there is more abundance of older folks that appreciate common subject matter, more so than just a bunch of anime fandoms. And my willingness to cater to whatever their "personal interest" are in exchange for my preference of setting and narrative flavor goes a long way. Very quid pro quo

My best guess is that its the age demographic. I mean, I know the sites are 18+. But I feel like there is more abundance of older folks that appreciate common subject matter, more so than just a bunch of anime fandoms. And my willingness to cater to whatever their "peeahrsoY

I think it's like tech-oriented. A lot of role plays are very inspired by Netflix, prime, crave, you name it. Back in the day, you didn't have fast access to this content. You needed to take some time. Maybe get the inspiration from a book. Maybe get it from a manga. Maybe just maybe make it about that new show you've been watching once a week. Tech makes humanity super distracted and that impacts literature. Especially when inspiration goes digital. I don't know if it's such a bad thing as just a sad longing nostalgia that I'm very sad these role plays seem to have evolved out of the system. Here is holding out hope perhaps I'll come across a familiar theme from back in the day

I once had a group RP going that I loved. I had characters I loved and important roles in the story with some of them. I played with people I really liked. The GM was active and passionate. Unfortunately, it ended one day due to the ambition of the GM. They wanted to have several different group RPs that eventually combined into one. I, along with the other players, didn't want to combine our RP with others, as it would require having to learn all about all the other RPs they wanted to bring in, as well as all the people of all the other groups as well, along with their characters. The GM seemed to lose heart at this and the RP died out.

I think it's like tech-oriented. A lot of role plays are very inspired by Netflix, prime, crave, you name it. Back in the day, you didn't have fast access to this content. You needed to take some time. Maybe get the inspiration from a book. Maybe get it from a manga. Maybe just maybe make it about that new show you've been watching once a week. Tech makes humanity super distracted and that impacts literature. Especially when inspiration goes digital. I don't know if it's such a bad thing as just a sad longing nostalgia that I'm very sad these role plays seem to have evolved out of the system. Here is holding out hope perhaps I'll come across a familiar theme from back in the day
Yes! I've actually vented out on this notion before.

These years, everyone gets on board with these trends of ideas, that are essentially just copies of some popular series or movie. I'v noticed it time and time again, where a subject matter comes in waves, and it usually has to do with some new season or recent movie that came out. So all he ideas people put out tend to be kind of the same. And when you do kick back to some old school charm, no one can relate. I mean, half the fandoms I'm into are over 40 years old. So there's that. And the sci-fi things I like, are from a perspective of yesteryear that seem almost crude when compared to newer sci-fi concepts. Concerning fantasy, my take is more in line with the depictions of Boris Vallejo than (insert trendy anime here). So again, peeps dont readily relate. But thats the way the cookie crumbles. I have no misconceptions that I've outgrown the communal interests. As such, my participation has greatly waned over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back