Other What is your most unusual collection you have?

KinglyLion

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
People have hobbies like collecting cards, coins, stamps, books etc. However, some people have a different sort of collections and that's what we're gonna talk about.

My weird collection is crystal skulls. Now I'm not talking about the Aztec crystal skulls cause honestly, I'm not rich.

Mine are not huge like some of the ones out there can be. They're about maybe 4 inches and under. But they are pretty heavy * except my jasper skull.

My skulls are made out of lapis Lazuli, Amethyst, and Jasper. Honestly, skulls can be made out of any gem or stone you like. Personally want a fluorite one because shiny. Blood stone is another that I wouldn't mind having because bloodstone looks so cool.

Now that I've rattled on a bit, what sort of weird collection do you all have that you'd like to share?

I have a bunch of dragons. Porcelain dragons, a dragon beanie baby, a little dragon fountain, a glass dragon, a dragon with a letter opener, even a vase with a dragon on it.

I should have mentioned as a kid that I liked money instead of dragons.

Here's a few of them bois:
20181002_172457.jpg

Last edited:
I have military stuff. An 1865 English cavalry sword, a WW1 postcard with a letter on the back which I really should try and get translated. Nazi currency, old coins, flags, bayonets, shells and trench art. I also like just about anything with Vargas girls on it.

I don't know if its unusual, but I collect antique dishware - mostly tea cups and tea sets. I've filled up one china cabinet so far.

That sounds amazing. I like learning about other people’s collections :)

Bitches.

Just kidding, it's books. I keep buying them faster than I can read them. It's getting bad, too. I've run out of shelf space and now I just have piles of books on my desk. I really ought to just renovate one room of my house into a library.

My oddest collections were during my childhood. The grossest was a gum collection inspired by a random TV show. Anytime I had a piece of gum, I'd add the chewed up wad to a beige-colored mass that I stored in the freezer. Eventually a major blackout led to my parents deciding it was time to trash the gum monstrosity.

Special edition whiskey bottles. Off the top of my head I have:

- 150th Anniversary 87 Proof gold and black labeled Jack Daniel's bottle
- Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 early 1900's style Legacy Edition bottle
- Woodford Reserve 2017 Kentucky Derby special edition bottle bought in Kentucky

I collect historical antiques/items/replicas from my travels.

From Germany there was an antique store that (secretly) sold old nazi war medals and I managed to snag one.
From Ukraine I bought a Soviet war medal and a communist party pin.
From the Czech Republic I bought a Viking helmet replica (its really heavy)
From Canada I got a replica Native American tomahawk.

If anyone's interested I can post pics later.

I collect historical antiques/items/replicas from my travels.

From Germany there was an antique store that (secretly) sold old nazi war medals and I managed to snag one.
From Ukraine I bought a Soviet war medal and a communist party pin.
From the Czech Republic I bought a Viking helmet replica (its really heavy)
From Canada I got a replica Native American tomahawk.

If anyone's interested I can post pics later.

Very interesting; I also collect some militaria, generally from the Cold War. Some of my most beloved and most used pieces are both a 1944 and 1956 wool Swedish Army tunic (my fall/winter jackets many times), wool Finnish Army field caps, and either East German camo or Bundeswehr desert flecktarn pants for manuel labor.

Fossils, rocks, war relics, and animal bones that I find while hiking, or on the side of the road! I also hoard art supplies. ^_^'

I collect Snus cartridges and outdated cards. Snus is basically a Swedish product which substitutes cigarettes; a tobacco product introduced into your system through "pods" of tobacco and other ingredients you place in your mouth. Not exactly hygenic, but whatever.

As for the cards, old credit cards and old bus and transit cards. It is several hundred cards large now, and began when I was little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back