Other What is the most awkward conversation you've ever had?

chicachu

We're all crazy here
This was totally when my dad got an email from my school telling him about "the video." They force us to watch it. I was completely scarred for life.

I'm surprised you'd never had a puberty information video before, it's commonplace over here.

Uh, when i was about nine my mom amd dad were talking a little too loud about their sex life in the kitchen and i managed to listen in.

One of the girls im talking to is very open when it comes to her experiences, telling me about the 34 year old shes talking to while shes sat on my lap. Fucking funny tho

My old Dungeon Master and I were once talking about childhood experiences, and he proceeded to tell me about how he once bruised his penis. He wondered aloud whether that affected his girth as he got older. Then he decided to show me himself and ask if he was a small guy. I walked out, which apparently makes me an "overly-sensitive bitch" because I'm a nursing major and thus "will see millions of guys".

Oof! Sorry for not elaborating. It's a term for the narrator in Dungeons and Dragons. I didn't call him a friend because that was really the first conversation I'd had with him one on one. Not the greatest though, lol.

I once had to explain to an adult that the Earth indeed revolves around the sun and that the sun doesn't set into the ocean at night.

Every conversation is awkward for me (especially on the phone... yikes), but a special shout out goes to the time in class when we were talking about name meanings. I mentioned that the name Claudia comes from French and means "lame"... completely forgetting that one if my classmates was a Claudia. Resulted in me just going "...but it's true..." a few times and hastily trying to shift the subject bac onto the book we were reading.

Too many to count, honestly. Speaking on the phone is the worst, but there was a time where I managed to hear my old best friend talking rudely about me to one of her friends over the phone. While I hid in her living room for her surprise birthday party, and heard everything. Needless to say the party was quiet and awkward, and she's no longer my friend.

Yeah, it changed me a bit. I can still confide in people, but I'm much more guarded because of that situation.

My most awkward conversation was talking to my little sister about the birds and the bees. Was....Horrible at the time, but we laugh about it now. I was a bumbling, mumbling, blushing idiot as I explained it.
Side note: I was only 1 year older than her

Dudebro 1: Did you put the National Anthem on my jack off playlist?

Dudebro 2: Yea. *snickers*

Dudebro 1: STOP STEALING THINGS YOU SEE ON TUMBLR.

There was this one guy in my Careers class who insisted that there was a loophole in the 22nd amendment that allowed women to take the presidency indefinitely, because the amendment said "No man" and not "No one". Even when faced with disproving evidence, notably how the amendment had always said "no one", and how Trump hadn't touched it, like he also insisted, he just screamed 'conspiracy'.

Most awkward conversation was, when I met a person who doesn't talk to me, on the street. I didn't know they weren't talking to me then yet and hell it was the most bizzare experience because it was literally moment of downgrading ones from relatively close friend to acquitance-borderline-on-stranger, if it makes sense.

"Hey mom, dad, there was this convention about anime I wanted to go to, with two of my friends..."

"A what?"

I'll let your imagination fills the blanks of how that went

My answer changed this morning. I had to explain to my friends about how i'm gay. You can already imagine how that went.

I once had someone tell me online about a bizarre, very specific, and wholly unrealistic fetish. Don't remember how I responded, but I think I tried to be kind and patient, even when I didn't know what to say.

Explaing any kinda of Internet to my almost 60 year old mother.
Or
when I had to Explain to my best friend what DDLG was, and then the reason why i knew what it was. I think i scared the poor boy. :(

Soon im going to have to explain that i'm gay to my dad. Who i might mention is homophobic. Yaayyyy.

In early high school, finding out the girl I was seeing was a very distant cousin from my mom’s side. The only family we shared were all overseas, so neither of us knew until we found out we saw that our mutual friends on FB were half my aunts and uncles.

Camping with friends at a site two hours away from any of our homes. Was a shared tent, and someone got frisky in their sleep. Wasn’t awkward for me in particular considering we were both male, but the girls with us didn’t find it as entertaining. Had to play the mediator for the next few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back