Other what is ONE thing you crave?

More energy to write posts and join new RPs. I feel like I am just stuffed full of ideas but never get a chance to actually use them for anything.

A great connection with a partner/s. That's the one thing that makes any RP in any genre good.

There's so many things I crave. It might be easier to just list them, lol.
-Political intrigue(not the royal court intrigue stuff either)
-Time travel
-Star-crossed lovers
-Mutants/gifteds not in Marvel universe
-"Fish out of water" type scenarios where at least one character is thrown into a situation completely unfamiliar to them.
- Soldiers bonding on the battlefield(bonus points if they end up initially hating each other)
-Historical drama that is not set inside a royal court, the Medieval age, or various other way overdone settings.

Weirdly, I don't have cravings... I don't know if there's a word for it, but I'm very "prompt-based" with RP. I like making ideas from other peoples' settings and plot beats. The issue is I have trouble with follow-through of my own ideas!

If I did have something I really-really-really wanted to write, I'd probably begin my best-selling authorial debut and spend the rest of my days swimming in ludicrous piles of money (though knowing me, I would also still do anime school RPs on the side.)

Anything slow-paced. I prefer character-focused works. Of course, a good plot is the driving force for this development, but my main goal when I first start writing is never to get to the peak of the story as soon as possible. It's to get to know the characters. Eventually, the characters themselves end up dictating plot progression. It's difficult sometimes to find someone with the patience for a truly slow-paced project. For perspective, I've had slow-paced works take two to three months to begin getting into the climax of the story.

Something to curb my boredom. That is what I crave.

I crave a lot of things in the moment.

Here on Rp nation I want a fast pace gritty role play where anything goes. A role play with stakes are on the line with plots that matter and nearly every action with a reaction.

Doesn’t really have meet that expectations but I’m craving to be apart of a group and I’m willing to be flexible.

Craving a fandom Roleplay at the moment. Either RWBY or Pokemon or Bungo Stray Dogs. I'll probably work on an interest check one of these days.

romance

realistic modern day romance if available, but if not, low fantasy romance.

Science fiction RPs that don't die. For some reason they always die early, outside occasional outliers. That's my favorite genre by miles, and yet it's a waste of time to RP it in most cases. I enjoy dark fantasy settings and some anime fandoms, so there are things I enjoy on this website, but my all time favorite is a dead RP genre and it sucks lol.

A casual The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings AU rp

Haven't had one in forever, and I've only ever come across people who expect a reply daily while I have a life of my own :(

Haha I am rather embarrassed by my main craving xD so I will just list the less embarrasing one.

FF Tactics: Grimoire of the Rift RP, I just love the game. Is full of so many possibilities! Now excuse me as I go cry that it doesnt feature multiplayer

Deep character interaction, sure the standard questions are fun but it's so hard to find a RP where you can play deeper ideas like a broken man and legitimately develop them and pull them back from the brink, a half breed (say orc and elf from lotr) warring with his nature and having people witness the good and evil within and help them, a burnt out person trying to find the will to go on, etc. I can't seem to find anyone or anywhere to play heavier and deeper themes with actual gritty interaction.

A casual The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings AU rp

Haven't had one in forever, and I've only ever come across people who expect a reply daily while I have a life of my own :(
I've been craving a 4th age RP for ages. I also completely understand the lack of time, I can only post weekly to bi weekly cuz college.

Deep character interaction, sure the standard questions are fun but it's so hard to find a RP where you can play deeper ideas like a broken man and legitimately develop them and pull them back from the brink, a half breed (say orc and elf from lotr) warring with his nature and having people witness the good and evil within and help them, a burnt out person trying to find the will to go on, etc. I can't seem to find anyone or anywhere to play heavier and deeper themes with actual gritty interaction.
I feel this. I love the RP's that delve deeply into these themes and more. I tend to be a very intellectual and deep thinking person so I do enjoy answering these questions and exploring them. Writing is a safe medium to do so. It can sometimes be tricky to find partners with similar interests.

I feel this. I love the RP's that delve deeply into these themes and more. I tend to be a very intellectual and deep thinking person so I do enjoy answering these questions and exploring them. Writing is a safe medium to do so. It can sometimes be tricky to find partners with similar interests.
I'm glad to find someone else like me! I'm a sucker for dialogue and expressing characters, I've got a ton of heavy ideas but they don't fit the vast majority of RP's. It's sad to me as they potential for some RP'S are amazing but never quite reach it. I recently stumbled onto a clip (from a British show I now want to watch called Peaky Blinders) where the character was a returning WWI veteran and words cannot do the scene justice so I'll drop it below. But I'd love to explore the idea of a returning soldier who just can't fit into his old life and deals with the mental ramifications of war and what they've become.

Edit: The music is edited in but the scene is still amazing.

I'm glad to find someone else like me! I'm a sucker for dialogue and expressing characters, I've got a ton of heavy ideas but they don't fit the vast majority of RP's. It's sad to me as they potential for some RP'S are amazing but never quite reach it. I recently stumbled onto a clip (from a British show I now want to watch called Peaky Blinders) where the character was a returning WWI veteran and words cannot do the scene justice so I'll drop it below. But I'd love to explore the idea of a returning soldier who just can't fit into his old life and deals with the mental ramifications of war and what they've become.

Edit: The music is edited in but the scene is still amazing.

Oh yes, exactly. Or RP about war itself where you can actually see and experience the transformation these men endure during their time on the battlefield. Like, they may start out all ambitious and upbeat, but then become increasingly jaded and traumatized as the war progresses. That's honestly some of my favourite character development right there.

Oh yes, exactly. Or RP about war itself where you can actually see and experience the transformation these men endure during their time on the battlefield. Like, they may start out all ambitious and upbeat, but then become increasing jaded and traumatized as the war progresses. That's honestly some of my favourite character development right there.
I'd honestly love to play that, the slow descent to a fractured mental state and broken people trying to help keep each other together through the thick of it all. This also reminds me about those scant few who manage to stay mostly sane through religion, personal convictions, or remembering home and how people would react to that, either grasping for it or rejecting it out of jealousy. Dangit now I'm hooked on another idea.

I'd honestly love to play that, the slow descent to a fractured mental state and broken people trying to help keep each other together through the thick of it all. This also reminds me about those scant few who manage to stay mostly sane through religion, personal convictions, or remembering home and how people would react to that, either grasping for it or rejecting it out of jealousy. Dangit now I'm hooked on another idea.
Yea, I've been trying to find that kind of RP for awhile now but it seems to be a niche thing, especially since I like to stick to realistic settings. Things like WW I and WW II. I'm honestly not super into fantasy or sci-fi warfare RP's. I like the realistic stuff as it just hits differently, considering it's stuff that actually happened and can happen.

Yea, I've been trying to find that kind of RP for awhile now but it seems to be a niche thing, especially since I like to stick to realistic settings. Things like WW I and WW II. I'm honestly not super into fantasy or sci-fi warfare RP's. I like the realistic stuff as it just hits differently, considering it's stuff that actually happened and can happen.
I will admit I rather recently developed an interest in this idea (the character idea has been constantly in my head for weeks after watching that video though). I would love a break from fantasy to be quite honest, while I am a fantasy nut it's nice to play something without a complex magic system or logic defying feats, it just feels more down to earth more... human? Not sure how to describe the feeling but I'm so down for a historical RP.

I will admit I rather recently developed an interest in this idea (the character idea has been constantly in my head for weeks after watching that video though). I would love a break from fantasy to be quite honest, while I am a fantasy nut it's nice to play something without a complex magic system or logic defying feats, it just feels more down to earth more... human? Not sure how to describe the feeling but I'm so down for a historical RP.
Well, if you're serious about wanting to dabble in that shit then I'm just a PM away! :)

Well, if you're serious about wanting to dabble in that shit then I'm just a PM away! :)
I'm down, I'll be sure to send a message to you tomorrow as I just checked the clock and it's 2 am and I've got to get up in a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back