Opinion What I feel about LGBTQ

All thats seein

The king of the doggos.
Just to let everybody who reads this. I am not trying to offend anybody with what I'm saying. Wether part of the lgtbq community or not. Let's get started

First off. I'm not gay, queer, trans, or bi. Plus I'd have to be a female to be lesbian However I do feel that there is nothing wrong with gay marriage. I just feel like people misstreat everybody who's gay because two guys or two girls don't make a kid. So they think that it's wrong to be gay. Another thing is that I feel that gay/ lesbian relationships work better then straight relationships because usually straight relationships can be based off of one thing. The fact that they're supposed to have sex. And raise a family. With lesbians/gays. Usually relationships are based off of pure love. I'm not saying that all straight marriages are about sex and sex is bad. But more of them are based off it with straights. Because with gay people and lesbians. Sex for them is nothing but pleasure since they can just adopt a kid and start a family from there. That's not all I have to say but I also want you guys and gals have to say about this

Just to let everybody who reads this. I am not trying to offend anybody with what I'm saying. Wether part of the lgtbq community or not. Let's get started

First off. I'm not gay, queer, trans, or bi. Plus I'd have to be a female to be lesbian However I do feel that there is nothing wrong with gay marriage. I just feel like people misstreat everybody who's gay because two guys or two girls don't make a kid. So they think that it's wrong to be gay. Another thing is that I feel that gay/ lesbian relationships work better then straight relationships because usually straight relationships can be based off of one thing. The fact that they're supposed to have sex. And raise a family. With lesbians/gays. Usually relationships are based off of pure love. I'm not saying that all straight marriages are about sex and sex is bad. But more of them are based off it with straights. Because with gay people and lesbians. Sex for them is nothing but pleasure since they can just adopt a kid and start a family from there. That's not all I have to say but I also want you guys and gals have to say about this
All I'm gonna leave here is the fact that the same applies to homosexual couples.
It can be applied that they, too, could be in it for the sex.
Anything else I say on this matter asks for debate, and debate is what I am too exhausted for tonight.
Perish the thought!

Last edited:
Having sex for pleasure can very much be a heterosexual thing too. My fiance and I aren't planning on having kids until our 30s (he's 20 and I'm 21, respectively), so all of our sex is purely for pleasure. And gay relationships aren't inherently better than straight ones. All romantic relationships are work, and all humans can be crappy. I'm bi, and I've dated my fair share of girls. Some were crappy people and some were good, just like the guys I've dated.

There's really not a difference between a gay and straight relationship, honestly. And I think saying gay relationships are better is as harmful as saying they're bad. It perpetuates a stereotype and it could give young LGBT people a false hope that all their relationships are gonna be A++ because they're gay and not straight. Like I said, both take work, both are hard, but if the two people love each other it's worth it.

This really just depends on individuals, honestly. It's a neat observation you have so don't let me stomp on it! But I think that we COULD all run into the same relationship issues, just in different manners of way. I'm not implying you said otherwise, but people who are lgbt can simply have all the same quirks and standards as those who are not. Just a matter of individual sex drives and family ideals, or whatever else.

BASICALLY I wouldn't go around stating that homosexual relationships are better or worse over something like that =D

Inherently (a.k.a without any outside influence) a homosexual relationship isn't better than heterosexual relationship, and each has the same potential to end up being unhealthy.

However, when taking into account the influence society has on relationships and how differently heterosexual and homosexual relationships are viewed in society (I'm talking about america generally since that's where I live), I don't find it impossible to believe that homosexual relationships appear to be/are healthier than heterosexual ones.

I feel that there definitely is more...prompt for LGBT+ relationships to marry for love rather than any other reason and that may be what leads to them having healthier relationships, but that doesn't mean that heterosexual relationships are based solely on sexual need.

I mean, I cant speak on behalf of all straight folk, and I'm not gay so cant speak for them either - all I know is that I'm in a hetero relationship and we're doing A-Okay! Same as above, we feel its far too early for kids and shizz so all Fuzzy Tingle Times are purely for fun, nothing more. And our relationship isn't based on a need for that or for kids, we met, we fell in love with each other, nothing more to it. We support each other, we mock each other, we argue on a rare occasion - bottom line is it doesn't matter what gender mix is involved, all relationships are based on more than a need to breed.

Just want point out that it is possible for people in a relationship that's not heterosexual to have kids.

For example, a pre-op trans woman and a cisgender woman in a relationship could have kids.

Sorry to nitpick, carry on. : P

The only scenario I can think of where that might be likely to happen is when people with a strict/conservative Christian (and possibly the other Abrahamic religions) upbringing rush into marriage just so they can lose their virginity without committing what is to them, or their family/community, a grave sin. I've heard stories of it happening, and people getting divorced because they rushed to have that experience and they weren't really compatible.

I also know people who are lgbt and have been badly abused by partners in the past. I don't think the quality of a relationship or reasons people enter into it really has anything to do with sexuality.

Lgbt people definitely have a few relationship-related struggles straight people don't have just based on the fact that they're gay. Families who disapprove or would disown their child if they knew they were gay, being scared to hold hands in public, dealing with their own internalized homophobia, people fetishizing or "chasing" trans people, etc.

On the other hand being so disconnected from typical romance/gender stereotypes (and that includes gay people and not just trans, considering that a lot of gay people have different experiences with traditional gender roles as well) might provide a broader perspective. I think it's really sad that it's not unusual for people to joke about how their life ended after marriage or that their wives are annoying. Or that people feel pressured to conform to traditional roles and expect girls to be demure and pure and do what their husbands say, even if it's just something like doing all the household chores themselves. There is pressure to have children despite whether or not they want them or would be good parents. There's also pressure to marry or be dating someone in general, and there's some emphasis on not being complete without a partner/there must be something wrong with you if you don't have one.

Perhaps because even in our modern world there is still a lot of stigma against being gay and many lgbt people have had to deal with it to varying extents, I've found a lot of my gay friends to be more understanding than other people I've interacted with.

Of course with any huge group it's hard to generalize and these things will definitely be false for a lot of people too.

Usually relationships are based off of pure love.
This is one thing where you are very wrong, at least, as far as I understand. Now do note, I say this because I believe what motivates most relationship- passion, desire for one another, among other things similar to that- may be confused with love, but are not actually love. Now if your definition of love includes those things as the sole necessary component, then I take my words back about you being wrong in that sentence, however it doesn't make your argument any more compelling.

See, the thing about love is that it is a mysterious thing. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is, so naturally many views of it arise, often contraditory. And for terms such as those, one must be very careful in distinguishing what properties belong to what definition. Namely, the perception of love as this good and righteous thing does not match the modern concept of it. Pure love is an attitude of self-sacrifice and committment to the loved, whereas the modern conception of it calls love an emotion, as passion, affection and the desire to be with somebody, that somebody making you happy and so on... There is an emphasis on one's own feelings rather than the well-being of a partner, even if said feelings are still majorly affected by that partner's well-being.

True love, therefore, is a sign of devotion and of how far you are willing to go. It's in the way you act, and the decision you make to overcome adversity, not in how one feels. I do want to state here and this doesn't mean that homosexual relationships don't have true love, they do and they have plenty, there is still much descrimination and that's a hardship like any other. But true love is the result of a relationship, not it's fundament. Never it's fundament.

In other words, by personal opinions on what the cause for the sudden surge in homosexuality and other sexualities are, straight relationships are only as much about sex as homosexual ones are a kink. I leave it to each to figure out how much that is.

And yes, there is the whole "gays are mistreated because they can't have kids" dilema, but that is not why there is discrimination against them. It's merely a reason as to why one could point out the legitimacy of straihgt relations over other kinds, and more importantly, an important factor in understanding basic scientific facts like the impossibility of a "gay gene".

However I do feel that there is nothing wrong with gay marriage.
Correct

I just feel like people misstreat everybody who's gay because two guys or two girls don't make a kid.
That's what some of the reasons are. At least, that's the one that's most cited to support prohibitng gay marraige. There's also issues of masculinity (meaning that men feel emasculated being near homosexual men), thus they use weak arguments like child rearing to support their own fears.

Another thing is that I feel that gay/ lesbian relationships work better then straight relationships because usually straight relationships can be based off of one thing.
That's a fallacy if I've ever seen one.

The fact that they're supposed to have sex. And raise a family. With lesbians/gays. Usually relationships are based off of pure love. I'm not saying that all straight marriages are about sex and sex is bad.

This is ignoring like...the last four decades of sexual liberty movements...lol. I'm not trying to pick on you, but you don't mention that a lot of the sexual liberty we've earned (such as the marry whom you love) also applies to heterosexual folk. Yeah, there are some who marry for money or something else, but that can also apply to homosexuals. It's really weird and uncomfortable (and I say this as a lesbian) that you are so fix on this and applying it only to a specific group of people.

Sex for them is nothing but pleasure since they can just adopt a kid and start a family from there. That's not all I have to say but I also want you guys and gals have to say about this

Your generalization is really gross. Like, legitimately. If you weren't trying to support a minority group you'd be on a very different flag.

"Agree with our ideologies, or you'll be swarmed with drones flinging the word 'bigot' at you like there's no tomorrow!"

My experience. Cya

I mean, I can see where you're coming from, but I also can see where you're wrong.
Relationships are work. No matter what kind of relationship is it, its work. My mom and I didn't get along at all until I was around 14. Me and my sister still have to work to love each other sometimes when we piss each other off.
No matter what you are to someone, you have a relationship with them and even if its your mom you still have to work to not piss her off.

One big thing I've heard about female privilege vs male privilege is that males don't have anywhere to go when in an abusive relationship. Yes, women can be abusive, too, but I'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of gay men who could use a safe place to go when their boyfriend gets drunk along with the men who are abused by their girlfriends of wives. Obviously, a woman could be abusive in a lesbian relationship, too, but there's plenty of shelters for women, which was my segueway.

Look at it this way. White, black, yellow, red, gay, straight, lesbian, bi, trans, bad people come in all forms and all of them eventually have relationships. Just because their gay doesn't mean they're good and it doesn't mean they're bad.
It just means that's an aspect of who they are, like everything else.

"Agree with our ideologies, or you'll be swarmed with drones flinging the word 'bigot' at you like there's no tomorrow!"

My experience. Cya

Most of the other lgbt people I know are reasonable people who would genuinely prefer to have a productive discussion than start childish fights because of a disagreement. It sucks that the extremely vocal people who think fanning the flames will somehow make progress are the ones most noticed tho.

I believe it is mainly up to he individual to determine the quality of the relationship because there are always bad and good relationships but honestly I can only support the GBT group ( out of lgbt ) because of the character that lies in those groups

There's a lot of reasons why people mistreat the lgbt community unfortunately. Not being able to have kids as an argument is incredibly dumb as it takes less than 2 secs to realize that there's tons of straight relationships that don't end in children for one reason or another (not wanting them, infertility, etc.)

Lgbt people might end up with a different perspective on romance because of ostracization, but every single relationship is hard work and has it's own problems. Abuse happens in lgbt relationships as well. There are purely fwb relationships. I think it'd be unrealistic to say relationships are based on pure love. I don't know anyone off the top of my head who's straight and has a relationship just so they can have kids either. Maybe this happens more common in certain groups of fundamentalist Christianity where people consider it their duty to have kids, but it's probably not common.

It's not inherently bad to have misconceptions, but they are misconceptions.

I believe it is mainly up to he individual to determine the quality of the relationship because there are always bad and good relationships but honestly I can only support the GBT group ( out of lgbt ) because of the character that lies in those groups

If I'm not misunderstanding are you saying that lesbians have bad character? I don't think I've ever heard anyone single out lesbians specifically before, so I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning.

If you really want to know just msg me I. A conversation and we can talk
I would rather you admit why you don't feel supportive of lesbians in public (or as you said, the L out of the GBT), as that is a very strange thing to say.

I would rather you admit why you don't feel supportive of lesbians in public (or as you said, the L out of the GBT), as that is a very strange thing to say.
I have my own reasons and am not going to tell you since your calling me out now, to add I’m not going to tell anymore in conversation chat. There is nothing wrong to state your own views and opinions

No, there's nothing wrong with stating opinion. But yours is very strange, and the fact you do not have the courage to state it in public makes me suspect your opinion is more on the lines of hatred or exclusionary attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back