Video Games What games are still alive but you basically count as dead?

Most Korean MMOs. Elsword comes to mind first. I love that game, but P2W basically killed it off the face of earth.

Overwatch for me. I, myself, bought it, but I have stopped playing it after only a mere 10 hours or so. Waste of money for me, I did not enjoy a second of it (Although I have to admit that I have bought Lootboxes for 20€.) I wish I hadn't bought it.
Also Atlantica Online. I have played it back in 2010, until 2012 I believe, as I got banned for buying gold (Hell, have you seen the game?! You need MILLIONS of gold to upgrade mercenaries! It is ridiculous!). Out of curiosity, I made a new account back in 2016, to check out how the game changed. And oh boy...The "Cash Shop Item" (Y'know, this one item that you can only uy via real life cash) went up from 7 million per piece (which was already ridiculous) to GOD FORSAKEN 50 MILLION PER PIECE! The game has pretty much died out for me, which is quite sad.

Holy fucking shit I've been looking for this game for the past five years. Five fucking years!

if we're going to include games that the fans killed... yeah, undertale for sure. i usually don't let fandoms change how i feel about the source material, but i think the undertale fanbase was...unavoidable . or became unavoidable for a time. i think a part of me will still always love the game though for what it was before it got 'too popular'. it deserves the fame, but unfortunately a lot of people abused that fame and didn't know when to quit

Hmmm for me that would be the halos, I say the older call of duties cuz the moment a new one comes out the older ones are pretty much pushed aside, I personally don't think for honor is dead but then again I still it on the daily at least for an hour or two. I can't say much about overwatch since I only played a little and didn't really enjoy it.
Oh and runescape, I've recently played it again but the servers don't seem as full as they used to be, and the people that still play it are a bunch of narcissistic elitists

I would say SMITE though I see a TON joining the community on Facebook here and there. If anything, Paladins is dead to me...

Journey for PS3 has been a wasteland for a while now. Sad, since I really loved the game and still do!

Franchises?
CoD is unsustainable unless they put out some more very good games very soon.
Halo 6 better be good, though the fanbase never really died nor do I think it will anytime soon. Halo has dedicated fans, not hardcore fans; meaning they like the game and the surrounding media and not much will change that, not that they will buy every game and collectible and then when they're bored they'll get rid of it and move on.
Roblox is unsustainable unless they overhaul almost everything and they won't do that
Minecraft is essentially dead, but I wouldn't say it's had a bad death. More like a triumphant funeral. You have to admire the game's longevity, not to mention its innovation and mechanics.
Lawbreakers lol
Battleborn lol
Battlefront II by EA lol
There's a lot more, but these are off the top of my head.
also Club Penguin ripperoni

“Oh my god, this game is so dead you guys!” Level 58 death knight, 2012-2018, RIP the master of all insults, never forget.
lol but you should see classic wow. IT IS EVEN MORE GRIND THEN THE EXPANSIONS. so it deserves to stop even more. The long grinding, it takes away from the main part of the game. The roleplay aspect. Because the quests give you almost no exp compared to dungeons and such. But they take even longer! I spent 3 days ingame getting to level 20 through quests. it took me one dungeoning to get to level 40.

lol but you should see classic wow. IT IS EVEN MORE GRIND THEN THE EXPANSIONS. so it deserves to stop even more. The long grinding, it takes away from the main part of the game. The roleplay aspect. Because the quests give you almost no exp compared to dungeons and such. But they take even longer! I spent 3 days ingame getting to level 20 through quests. it took me one dungeoning to get to level 40.
Honestly, I really don’t care for the leveling system from vanilla and nowadays, The thing that makes me want to continue playing the game is the whole detail of all the nice layout of the worlds, I honestly think the game is pretty good, but cmon. The game is getting kind of old blizzard, make a sequel to world of warcraft and maybe they would make twice the money, and twice as many people playing, I also would like to add that if blizzard would make a sequel to world of warcraft or at least update it, update the combat system a little as well as get rid of that class de buff shit, they made every single class in the game shitty except Demon Hunters and warriors and I want that bullshit fixed.

Honestly, I really don’t care for the leveling system from vanilla and nowadays, The thing that makes me want to continue playing the game is the whole detail of all the nice layout of the worlds, I honestly think the game is pretty good, but cmon. The game is getting kind of old blizzard, make a sequel to world of warcraft and maybe they would make twice the money, and twice as many people playing, I also would like to add that if blizzard would make a sequel to world of warcraft or at least update it, update the combat system a little as well as get rid of that class de buff shit, they made every single class in the game shitty except Demon Hunters and warriors and I want that bullshit fixed.
Nah, some monks are op still. But anyway. I don't like how closed ended the skills are. You only get three paths really. And everyone gets them. The closest you can get to upgrading your skills is with runes if those even exist still. They need to change something. Or their game will die. Because people will lose interest. People are already stopped paying. MY family being one of them. So they aren't even going to be earning money sometime soon. Due to everyone now buying tokens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back