Video Games What games are still alive but you basically count as dead?

Last I heard the Spore servers were still up, nine years later.

Though so far as I can tell not many people play it. Outside of the creature creation and maybe screwing around with the level creator expansion pack, the gameplay isn't very much fun. Considering it was a rushed release and EA never got around to fixing a lot of the bugs or adding in the plant editor, the game was kind of doomed to a short lifespan from the start.

Minecraft! I still remember the early days. Maybe it's because I was a kid then, but I remember it being much better than it is now.

Demon's Souls. With the servers going down in January, it'll be officially dead.

Another game would probably be Dark Souls II since 3 is out.

Natural selection 2. My heart my soul went into this game. So sad to see it with a peak of 300 players this year

1. Runescape. Something I played when I was younger. I was surprised to find that it's still kicking.
  2. GunZ: The Duel. I mean...I think it's still alive?

Demon's Souls. With the servers going down in January, it'll be officially dead.

Another game would probably be Dark Souls II since 3 is out.

It's regrettable that Demon's Souls is on the decline, I would argue though that the SOTFS version of ds 2 is still somewhat alive.

Animal Jam. Regrettable that I'm admitting that I actually play it, but pretty much everything is for players who can buy a membership in real life now. XD

Guys, it's normal all games die out, we call it the evolution.
But the game that didn't yet die is GTA San Andreas. We still have plenty of servers on MTA and SAMP platforms, the player community is surprisingly big. Same deal with CS 1.6 and Source - guess old classics will never be gone

Animal Jam. Regrettable that I'm admitting that I actually play it, but pretty much everything is for players who can buy a membership in real life now. XD
Basically what happened to every single online game where you are supposed to make friends. Most of them have gone to crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back