Video Games What games are still alive but you basically count as dead?

The Golden General

The "Leader" of the ROBLOX Immmigrants
Just asking since there might be a game that was nurtured the wrong way that it is basically unenjoyable to play with.

BLUNDERBORN
Lawbreakers

...most recent examples that come to mind. Both dead on arrival, hilarious.

Overwatch for me. I, myself, bought it, but I have stopped playing it after only a mere 10 hours or so. Waste of money for me, I did not enjoy a second of it (Although I have to admit that I have bought Lootboxes for 20€.) I wish I hadn't bought it.
Also Atlantica Online. I have played it back in 2010, until 2012 I believe, as I got banned for buying gold (Hell, have you seen the game?! You need MILLIONS of gold to upgrade mercenaries! It is ridiculous!). Out of curiosity, I made a new account back in 2016, to check out how the game changed. And oh boy...The "Cash Shop Item" (Y'know, this one item that you can only uy via real life cash) went up from 7 million per piece (which was already ridiculous) to GOD FORSAKEN 50 MILLION PER PIECE! The game has pretty much died out for me, which is quite sad.

Overwatch.. Call of Duty.. Halo.. Maybe For Honour

This statement is not very accurate.

Overwatch:This game is in no way dead. This has gained so much popularity in the small time it has been out and is still growing its community. The only reason you might consider it "dead" is because no one is talking it as much as they used to and it is trending as much as it was when it came out which was little over a year ago. If you consider a game like this dead because people are not talking about it as much as they use to then I would assume that you also believe that Horizon Zero Dawn is also dead which would be dead wrong.

Call of duty: This is one that I have a problem with because of how general it is. While you could have said that one game from call of duty like Infinity Warfare is dead or even Black Ops 3 is you did not, you said the franchise. This is something that I would be curious about as I am trying to figure out how you consider this franchise dead when it is still one of the most popular game series today.

Halo: I will admit that I do not have enough information to consider this alive nor dead, although I would be inclined to agree with you one.

For Honor: Yeah this is dead. There is no way that anyone could debate this and I would love to see someone try.

Overwatch:This game is in no way dead. This has gained so much popularity in the small time it has been out and is still growing its community. The only reason you might consider it "dead" is because no one is talking it as much as they used to and it is trending as much as it was when it came out which was little over a year ago. If you consider a game like this dead because people are not talking about it as much as they use to then I would assume that you also believe that Horizon Zero Dawn is also dead which would be dead wrong.

Call of duty: This is one that I have a problem with because of how general it is. While you could have said that one game from call of duty like Infinity Warfare is dead or even Black Ops 3 is you did not, you said the franchise. This is something that I would be curious about as I am trying to figure out how you consider this franchise dead when it is still one of the most popular game series today.

Halo: I will admit that I do not have enough information to consider this alive nor dead, although I would be inclined to agree with you one.

For Honor: Yeah this is dead. There is no way that anyone could debate this and I would love to see someone try.
The name of the thread is "What games are Still Alive but you basically count as dead"
I never said Overwatch, Halo, Call Of Duty or For Honor were dead, just that I think of them as dead.
No need to give me a paragraph about it, jeeze xD

The statement is her opinion, you may not agree with it but those are the games she picked. I will have to agree on Call of Duty: Black Ops, never struck a good cord with me so when I hear about another COD game out it's whatever for me.

Halo is not dead. Dying, yes. But it still has a significant, and loyal, fanbase.

Second Life. If memory serves... that died years ago.

Garry's mod. Oh the hours I'd waste with me and my friends having a James Bond yacht fight with Kermit vs Elmo vs Dora the explorer. But, sadly, it doesn't have the same charm it used to have and seems to have a dying fan base.

Garry's mod. Oh the hours I'd waste with me and my friends having a James Bond yacht fight with Kermit vs Elmo vs Dora the explorer. But, sadly, it doesn't have the same charm it used to have and seems to have a dying fan base.
overplaying games hurts the player more than people think

I wouldn't say dying. But it's dead to me because the poorly optimized game is too bad for my PC. I get like, 15 frames on low settings.

Halo Reach - Really old game but it was great, sad to see the community for it eventually shrink to nothingness / become populated by crazy modders.

I'm thinking FnaF. Its defiantly not dead but not as popular as it used to be, its usually used as a joke now which is unfortunate. Plus its not exactly the same as it used to be either, its much to complicated for my tastes nowadays. The last book basically had the equivalent to zombie animatronics crawling out of the ground at night to kidnap people so.. yup.

Moder Warfare

Fifty thousand people used to play here. Now it's a ghost town.

-Most CoD games
-Overwatch (to be fair, in my opinion, it was never alive in the first place. Man do I hate that game!)
-As others have said, For Honor. I have one friend who still plays it, and only once every month or so.

-Most CoD games
-Overwatch (to be fair, in my opinion, it was never alive in the first place. Man do I hate that game!)
-As others have said, For Honor. I have one friend who still plays it, and only once every month or so.

Eh CoD is still fairly big. It just doesnt pull in League of Legends numbers on twitch and all of its big name orgs (like FaZe and Optic) are on mlg.tv. I think a lot of people hating CoD has to do with its shift in to being an off brand Halo with AW, Blops 3, and IW. In addition to that the last good "boots on the ground" version was Blops 2 due to Ghosts being pretty lackluster. I expect CoD to make a comeback with WWII, and if it doesnt thats probably the end of the franchise.

- Overwatch is pretty alive, but yeah its a dying game just due to its core gameplay being just downright terrible for the audience that they are catering to. They wanted an esports game, but its incredibly hard to tell whatever the hell is going on.

- For Honor is dead game. Ubisoft was like 7 years too late on trying to hop into the Moba scene. On top of that its Ubisoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back