Other What do you do for work or what do you want to do?

So our jobs, schooling lives are a big reason for why we can't sit on the computer and roleplay all the time. So what is your job or what is a job you would love to have that takes you away from writing?

I am an on-call emergency veterinary technician. 

@Windsock, you can't actually say you sell your body if nobody is willing to buy it. You'd need at least one customer first.

I work in the second most universally reviled profession after politics: Banking.

I'm 13 years old but I want to be a librarian when I grow up. I told my dream to my grandmother and she literally laughed in my face.

I'm in graduate school working towards a counseling license and I currently work at a sex offender treatment clinic~

I'm 13 years old but I want to be a librarian when I grow up. I told my dream to my grandmother and she literally laughed in my face.

That's sad, but she might just be worried about job stability--there are fewer and fewer public libraries that are fully active, but it's a really good dream to pursue! :'D Plan for about 6 years of college and a lot of volunteer work, but it should be fun!

I currently do... Moderation and CS for Video Games.

At home.

Not exactly a super exciting, well-paying career but I get to be with my doggies all the time.

I'm going to college next year, and I'm not so sure what I want to do. They're all pretty different, but my main interests are journalism, psychology, and computer science. As of now, I think journalism is my primary interest, but I'll have to see. 

@Windsock, you can't actually say you sell your body if nobody is willing to buy it. You'd need at least one customer first.

I work in the second most universally reviled profession after politics: Banking.

aWm83.gif

what i want to do when i "grow up": materials engineer for an R&D lab

as far as what i actually do... chemist?

Last edited by a moderator:
I collect and sell scrap metal. I barely make enough to get by. I also work as a part time carpender.

I'm a drugs worker i.e. I help young people with drug & alcohol misuse problems (and then all the other problems they inevitably want to talk about) .. everyday is interesting!

I'm currently 3 months away from finishing my schooling for Massage Therapy. From there on I'll be taking my MBLEX exam and pass it. Once from there I plan to continue schooling to work on becoming a Physical Therapist.

Armed Forces, soooooooon! Also, when do we start getting higher Pay Checks? I mean, the dog trainer for the U.S. President is getting more than Special Forces, so... 

Trying to become a renowned artist selling wall paintings <3  oh that just sounds dreamy but short term goal is bartender :)  to be unafraid of peeps would be nice, and making them happy with a good tasting drink

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, right now I am pretending that I genuinely care. It's gotten to the point where I now have a "phone voice." Within just a year, I already have a multitude of stories to tell, but soon this job will end. It's bittersweet, but I never intended to work a job for selfish, self-entitled pricks with a 19 cent raise given every year based off an evaluation (because 20 cents is "perfection" and no one is perfect... freakin' stupid) for the rest of my life. Customer Service Merchandiser who attempts to balance many job duties. I've never experienced such idiocy before in a workplace until I worked for a retail store. If customers only knew how much their threats and sob stories mean to me. Anyways, I'm going into a computer science job (what I am studying in).

I am a baker, haha. I work with my uncle in a small little sweet shop of sorts and make cakes and cupcakes all day long. I'm studying at a culinary school as well and hoping to do more than just sweets. 

Everyone has such nice jobs, or wants them. Ugh...I feel like the creepy goth kid in the back of math class that draws Satan on everything. 

I'm a mortician. More accurately an apprentice mortician.  

Lol, I am aiming to be a test subject in research for part time just to own money the quick way, but I am still trying to find a good opportunity. Sacrifice( and own money) for science just feels better for me rather than doing random tasks. Gosh, I think I am off topic......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back