Other What did you want to be when you grew up?

As cliche as it is, I wanted to be a singer when I was little. It soon turned into a songwriter/singer duo.

Now I want to be an author, with possibly a teacher as a side job. I have to do something to pay the bills, right?

I wanted to be a veterinarian because of my love for animals (but then again, who didn't love animals when they were kids?). Then I watched this show on Animal Planet, it was about a vet named Po or something of the sort. They had an episode about puppies where they showed him cutting into their head. That and his hand going up a cow. 

Safe to say that was the end of that dream. Now I'm in school to become a teacher.

I think I remember that show. I never wanted to be a vet, but Animal Planet sure did convince me prematurely!

(Also in school to become a teacher)

From around the age of 10-11, I wanted to be a pilot - which, happily, is now what I do!

Took some time and a lot of dedication, but I think it's more than worth it. 

My younger dreams of being a world-famous football star... yeah  ;)

I wanted to be a meteorologist growing up but then I saw how quickly meteorologists in my area went through the revolving door of getting hired and quitting to get the heck out of the hellish Ozarks of southwest Missouri, so I had that go in the backburner. Now meteorology is something I will use to organize a bold idea of furries getting together to storm chase and maybe try to educate the people around me every day but nothing more. I doubt I could personally handle the pressure of constantly being let go.

I wanted to be an animator at Disney. Though... I guess what I'm going for is very different now. I'm studying language, history, and civilizations in attempts to land a translating job or something to do with international affairs. xD

I wanted to be a police officer when I was little, when I got older I realized it was dangerous but still wanted to, then I got more into video games and wanted to become a game developer.

I wanted to be filthy stinking 'Richy Rich' levels of rich as a kid. Then when I thought more about what I wanted to do for a living I wanted to write for comics because that was my obsession at the time. Sadly it was not meant to be and I got into researching in the field of biology itself which has it's own merits.

In the future I'll either pursue it to the extent of specializing in my own field or I might try out for psychiatry[SIZE= 10px](Aspiration born from my Hannibal Lector obsession but later by the field practice itself)[/SIZE]

I do intend to give writing a shot once I finagle some time in the future. Maybe not comics but something I find equally fun :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first I wanted to be a space cadet and kill aliens, then I wanted to be a dolphin trainer because that's what my cousin wanted to be, then I wanted to be part of an orchestra, then I wanted to be a full time artist...and currently I still want to be that, but don't have a job TT____TT

I wanted to be an astronaut for a very very long time when I was younger, at the moment I have like twenty different things I want to be

An architect, but then I got to college and found out I hated it. C'est la vie. 

Dude becoming an Architect is arguably harder than becoming a doctor nowadays. Props for trying dude. Meanwhile I wanted to be a Lawyer, but I don't have the same drive to talk politics for hours as my peers do, so I dropped it and am now into CS. 

Dude becoming an Architect is arguably harder than becoming a doctor nowadays. Props for trying dude. Meanwhile I wanted to be a Lawyer, but I don't have the same drive to talk politics for hours as my peers do, so I dropped it and am now into CS. 

Hahahaha, I admire those who study law. I dread all that politics talk. Ironically enough, I dropped architecture because of the lack of math courses in it. I am now into mechanical engineering with an aerospace major. 

I don't know, to be fair. After my mom decided to try and raise me, I was told I'd follow her footsteps and study economics... so I never really thought about it.

I am studying economics

i was never really sure what i wanted to be when i was younger, but now i kinda either want to be an actor or author. i've also been asked if i've ever considered journalism.

When I was very young, I probably had no clue what I wanted to be when I grew up. When I was introduced to video games, I wanted to make them. The idea of being in the military floated around quite a bit because those were the type of video games I played. I then moved to wanted to be in a band. I mostly wanted to be a video game designer and write for the game companies, not actually make the game itself. I wanted to write the story, the characters, comparable to what David Gaider from Bioware did for Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Now, being a writer is my main focus, with possibly teaching to be my day job. I still would very much like to be a writer for video game companies, if I had the chance.

I've always wanted to be a mom someday, but other than that. I wanted to be a rockstar. Then I lost my hearing, and realized, yeah I probably won't be able to do that. That's when I decided Teacher, or Kid's Pastor.

Currently, I'm in college to become a kid's pastor and missionary, and I'm an Early Intervention ABA (Autistic Behavioral Assistance) therapist. Not the same as a teacher, but pretty close.

I wanted to be the CSI Guys
Instead, I'm an EMT but I still want to hit up forensics and criminal psychology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back