Other What did you want to be when you grew up?

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

I wanted to be a surgeon. I ended up being a musician. Same thing, right?

I wanted to be a teacher or a veterinarian as a kid, but I realised that both are too big of responsibilities for me. 

Happy.

hauheuheuhuehu

Edit: Nah, but seriously though, I think I wanted to be an astronaut or a musician.

Last edited by a moderator:
A dragon.

a little more seriously, sort of, I wanted to invent things, wings so I could fly, to be more specific >_>

and a giant robotic dragon that I would be able to control

Last edited by a moderator:
A soldiers. Really, that was what I wanted to be.

That was, until I realized that you actually have a sheer chance of dying out there on the field...

I wanted to be a chef when I was younger-- then I actually got in food service. That killed it for me. Now, I've decided on an art career.

As a kid, I wanted to be an author. Now I want to be a game developer.

I'm currently going to school for video-games. Specifically, concept art. Are you looking to get more into the CS side, modeling, animation, or something else?

When I was little, I wanted to be a marine biologist. When I was in maybe third grade, I went to an aquarium for a class trip. A marine biologist was there giving little lessons to all the kids and I was in love. With the topic, not the biologist. I was 9.

I always have loved marine life and have specifically obsessed over cnidaria (jellyfish and all things jellyfish related)

But it wasn't until m senior year that I realized that there is no job market for a marine biologist that specialized in jellyfish on my part of the world....

So dream = squashed.

Ah, the days. I wanted to be an inventor back then. Funny how far I've went from that, from science to liberal arts.

Like many others, I went through several phases. My largest ones were the ones where I wanted to be an author and the ones were I wanted to be a scientist.

I've been through several phases, none of them have lasted too long, but I've always had the idea of wanting to be a television or film writer in the back of my head which is what I would like to do right nowAs a preschooler I wanted to be a Native American mother who watched tv in her tepee with a baby. Unfortunately, I realized that wouldn't work out once I entered elementary school because I am super white. I moved onto wanting to be a fashion designer for dogs, then to a animal rights advocate of sorts, then to a professional mermaid. And then the SEA WORLD DOLPHIN TRAINER phase hit me like a train. I lived not too far away from sea world so I visited often and  went to their camps for years and years. I joined a swim team, just so that I could pass the sea world trainer test and studied marine life in my free time. Blackfish came out a few years into my phase, so I got a ton of criticism for wanting to be a trainer from my peers and adults, I refused to see it and just pretended like it was fake (certain parts of the movie are over exaggerated). The phase eventually went away after five years and now I am focused on art, writing, and film.

I would watch Dancing With the Stars and tell my mom I wanted to be a chicken dancer, whatever the Hell that meant. I think it meant a cha-cha dancer. 

At age 5, I wanted to be a princess. At age 8, I wanted to be the first woman president. At age 11, I wanted to be a popstar. At age 14, I wanted to be a teacher. At age 17, I wanted to be a screenwriter. At age 20, I had no clue. At age 22(now), I want to be a graphic designer.

As a kid, I probably wanted to be a horse (I was the crazy horse kid, I'll admit it). I never really had any solid ideas until I was like 14, where I wanted to be a vet, then a doctor, then a psychologist. At 21 I've recently finished my psychology degree and now work with young people with drug/alcohol misuse problems so hopefully I don't decide to change my career plans anytime soon!

As a kid, I probably wanted to be a horse (I was the crazy horse kid, I'll admit it).

I love this, haha. I mean, I secretly wanted to be a mermaid.

Hell, I still kind of do. 

I'm 24 and every time I go snorkeling I think "look ur a mermaidddddd hee hee hee swim swim swim"

I love this, haha. I mean, I secretly wanted to be a mermaid.

Hell, I still kind of do. 

I'm 24 and every time I go snorkeling I think "look ur a mermaidddddd hee hee hee swim swim swim"

oh I would still drop everything to become a mermaid! if you told me h2o was based on real life I'd be heading off to mako island to jump in the moon pool. I'd love to go snorkeling though! must be pretty close to being a mermaid ^-^

become soldier, then wanted my own small restaurant where ppl can jus come in n chill

stuck in shitty construction job :^)

I wanted to be a veterinarian because of my love for animals (but then again, who didn't love animals when they were kids?). Then I watched this show on Animal Planet, it was about a vet named Po or something of the sort. They had an episode about puppies where they showed him cutting into their head. That and his hand going up a cow. 

Safe to say that was the end of that dream. Now I'm in school to become a teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back