Other what college advice do you have, if any?

accio_belle

// let's teach the pitiful children! //
hello! i'm a freshman starting her first ever year of college next week! i have no siblings, so i have next to nothing for useful college advice (besides go to your classes and don't get super drunk all the time) and was hoping the lovely folks on RPNation might have some words of wisdom to share!

i'd really appreciate any advice i can get, i'm incredibly nervous about this. it's a brand new experience for me and i want to make the best of my college experience, as high school was an absolute shitshow i never want to repeat again.

thank you in advance!

I didn't go to college in the U.S. and I don't know if you're in the U.S. or not, but I'll give you what I learned during my time in college. I hope it helps at least in the slightest.

• Walking alone to class, eating alone, or doing activities alone is perfectly fine and normal. Sometimes you might even need your time to be alone and you will come to value it. I know sometimes people can become a little sensitive about being alone all the time, thinking people will think of you as a loner or something, but I can assure you that's not the case. It's definitely very normal.
  • Be your own boss. You won't have a teacher who will necessarily be right behind you reminding you to do stuff or telling you how to do it. Be responsible with your time and activities. Remember this is not only to pass a class, but for you!
  • This might be somewhat contradicting my first statement, but sharing spaces sometimes is not that bad. The cafeteria in the college I went to was really small so finding a spot to eat, especially at 12:00 PM was crazy! Sometimes there would be tables with two extra chairs but only one person occupying the table. There's no problem in sharing the table when someone is in need. I'm sure they'll be grateful and you might make a friend!
  • If you're an avid note-taker or tend to write down word by word what the teacher is saying or writing, I recommend writing notes for your notes. Sometimes we need them. So much is thrown at us that we can't remember exactly what everything means, so writing notes for yourself when you go over your notes will definitely help you remember!
  • Try to do something that makes you happy at least once a week. I don't mean drinking or going out partying. I mean maybe eating ice-cream by a fountain, watch a movie at night, reading, drawing/doodles. Just something to remind yourself that it isn't all about school. Your mind and your body deserve a break!
  • Most importantly, and this is something that I carved into my soul mid-college, was, don't compare yourself to others. Everyone can try their best and everyone's best is different. And that's okay.
I really wish you the best in your college experience! Don't give up!

I didn't go to college in the U.S. and I don't know if you're in the U.S. or not, but I'll give you what I learned during my time in college. I hope it helps at least in the slightest.

• Walking alone to class, eating alone, or doing activities alone is perfectly fine and normal. Sometimes you might even need your time to be alone and you will come to value it. I know sometimes people can become a little sensitive about being alone all the time, thinking people will think of you as a loner or something, but I can assure you that's not the case. It's definitely very normal.
  • Be your own boss. You won't have a teacher who will necessarily be right behind you reminding you to do stuff or telling you how to do it. Be responsible with your time and activities. Remember this is not only to pass a class, but for you!
  • This might be somewhat contradicting my first statement, but sharing spaces sometimes is not that bad. The cafeteria in the college I went to was really small so finding a spot to eat, especially at 12:00 PM was crazy! Sometimes there would be tables with two extra chairs but only one person occupying the table. There's no problem in sharing the table when someone is in need. I'm sure they'll be grateful and you might make a friend!
  • If you're an avid note-taker or tend to write down word by word what the teacher is saying or writing, I recommend writing notes for your notes. Sometimes we need them. So much is thrown at us that we can't remember exactly what everything means, so writing notes for yourself when you go over your notes will definitely help you remember!
  • Try to do something that makes you happy at least once a week. I don't mean drinking or going out partying. I mean maybe eating ice-cream by a fountain, watch a movie at night, reading, drawing/doodles. Just something to remind yourself that it isn't all about school. Your mind and your body deserve a break!
  • Most importantly, and this is something that I carved into my soul mid-college, was, don't compare yourself to others. Everyone can try their best and everyone's best is different. And that's okay.
I really wish you the best in your college experience! Don't give up!
thank you so much for your advice!! this is really helpful!!
i'm definitely more of an introverted person and not the best in new/social situations, so i'm hoping i'll be able to bust out of my shell a bit. your cafeteria advice seems like a good place to start!

When it comes to college, I think the most important thing is to build good work habits quickly. College will never 100% be a breeze, but believe when I tell you it'll take some getting used to, and if you don't want to be held back on anything, starting to get used to working in a steady, consistent and efficient manner early on will be your best insurance to make sure you can handle it when things get tough. Otherwise, the load will accumulate and expand until you have no means to cope with it.

In addition, make sure never to judge a book by it's cover! This year was my first year of college, and I made the terrible mistake of underestimating an important subject. Before I knew it I was missing half the concepts of what people were talking about and it snowballed from there.

Third, college means new people, new places and new friendships. While naturally one would treasure the old ones, even as an introvert I must advise that you try reaching out to people as if nothing else, you may need assistance in the future and you will 100% have to do group projects more than once.

Lastly, use this year to make one final deep introspection about what you want to do with your life and whether this is the right path for you. College isn't cheap, so this first year may be your last chance to get out of the train you chose before you are set: If you stay, make sure it's the right one.

I hope this was useful, best of luck in college! Will be waiting for good news! :D

- Take advantage of your professors' office hours. You're basically forfeiting one-on-one tutoring if you don't go.

- Figure out your major by your sophomore year, if you haven't already. You don't want to have to take an extra year or more to get all your credits.

- Ask your professors for letters of recommendation at the end of the semester.

- If your college has a career center, take advantage of it. Take advantage of job fairs, too.

- Join clubs and do community service offered by your college. That shit looks great on a resumé, plus it's a great way to make friends.

- Don't take 7 or 8 A.M. classes. Just fucking don't. Trust me.

• Study, I can’t tell you how many times a test or exam could be easily passed by studying.
• your education comes first, if there’s a party or event, make sure that you actually hve the time to go, if you have homework or need to study then don’t go. It will cut into time you could’ve used. If your friends beg you to go tell them you can’t, if they’re real friends they’ll understand, if they get upset then they’re not your friend and you need to drop them because then that adds more stress you don’t need in your life.
• try not to get into a relationship early on, learn how to manage your time and stress before you add that kind of commitment in there. And if you do happen to find someone make sure you know it’s a healthy relationship and with someone that you share a lot in common with.
• go to bed on time, you need your sleep
• always eat breakfast, the brain food will help you.
• never be afraid to ask questions, if there is something you don’t understand ask till you do, if you feel like you need more time then visit your professor during their hours and get help then.
• absolutely always budget yourself, don’t throw money around buying things you don’t need, your education comes first.
• and of course make healthy friendships, people who understand what you’re doing and who won’t get in your way. Mainly ones with a high level of maturity, cuz they can be full grown adults but be a child in a grown ups body. Friends like that need to be dropped, you don’t have the time or energy for idiots like that.

Looks like the basics are covered. Here's another pro tip:

College becomes a lot easier if you maintain your knowledge of subjects regularly. Spend time each week reviewing what you already know and keep taking it with you. This is the best way to maintain the ever expanding knowledgebase of your classes. You don't want to know how many people forget the first things they learned in classes. You also won't have to cram everything into your head all at once. That helps, a lot.

also: Don't forget to enjoy college.

Good luck recruit.

Maintain a relationship with your professor from the start of the class to the end. I am terrible at math, but having regular, open conversations with my teacher after class gave him reason to pass me. Even by the skin of my teeth! He knew I was trying. He knew it was difficult for me. Because we talked regularly, he was merciful.

Get to class early.

Stay on task! Get that homework done as soon as you can, so the information is still fresh in your mind and you dont stress over deadlines.

Decide on your major your sophmore year, but make sure you check out job fairs to see what is most interesting to you! I picked the WRONG degree simply because I didn't know what other career paths were out there.

Get those gen eds out of the way! Take online summer courses. Half the cost, half the time. Often they are only 7 weeks long! You can expedite your graduation and save money all from the comfort of your own home.

BUY USED BOOKS. Textbooks are maddening and frustrating. I always bought the year previous despite my teacher's warnings. Usually the book was a few page numbers off or had a different cover. The information was the same.

I come bearing advice with examples.

When you’re working, surround yourself with people who want to be working. Also, idk how it works in the States, but if you’re allowed to choose group project members, don’t let your heart choose by itself. If you like x but know x won’t carry their workload and would rather let you do everything, work instead with y who you might not be as close to but who can do their share and isn’t an intellectual freeloader. Not only would you not be doing x any favors, but you have a higher chance of getting the grade you deserve and not being stressed out.

Just like in high school, when you don’t understand something or other, other students can be a good resource. Sometimes a peer can explain something to you in a way the professor couldn’t. Being introverted is gonna need to take a back seat to wanting to succeed. You’re going to need to approach people. Just tell yourself you have literally nothing to lose. At worst, they're too busy, at best, now you understand that concept better. Do it for the grade, if not for the social aspect. Study groups are nice in theory, and if you can organize one that's great, but tbh just two people is fine. More than five can spell trouble and be a waste of time.

Whether that’s taking notes on your laptop and printing and highlighting later, taking notes on loose leaf and arranging them in a binder later, or multiple notebooks, the first semester is the time to experiment. I type every word that comes out of the professor’s mouth and rewrite later. I know people who also record lectures. I rewrite my notes by hand in diagrams in tiny portable notebooks I carry with me, and on flash cards around exam time. Don't rush out to buy a ton of supplies you won't use. Some people need nothing more than a laptop, others want a dedicated notebook for everything, others go for both. Take the time to find what works best for you, gradually so you don't waste time or money.

Don’t hesitate to make your personal notes laidback and personal, as long as you know you have the terminology to rewrite these ideas well on your exam. Maybe keep a little glossary. A simple “Stalin was not. amused.” helped my friends and I remember a whole sequence of events in our own words and it translated well into our final essays. I sketch authors onto the backs of flashcards in ways that remind me of whatever their main ideas are. My friend makes a web of ideas that only ever makes sense to her. I record myself reading/rambling about my courses and play it back. These are examples, the point being that there's no set way to take notes and study. If you find that the workload's getting to you, get creative-- maybe you need a shift in method.

And lastly, if highschool was a nightmare, then keep in mind you have a fresh, clean slate. Not to be all "new year, new you", but take advantage of the new environment to meet new people, get involved in new things, cultivate new habits and new qualities. If you were hyperfocused on school in high school, get into some clubs, go to a few events. Alternately, if you had very average grades and always wanted to be closer to the top of the class, guess who has as much of a chance as anyone of getting great grades?

You didn't say if you'll be living alone so I'll stop there, but yeah, there's some good advice in this thread.

Congratulations! Where are you going?

If it's somewhere that is cold or experiences winter, then I cannot recommend slippers or fuzzy socks enough. Most colleges have wooden floors and those tend to get cold in the winter (or just at night). I would also like to vouch on behalf of bringing a board game or two. I frequently held Board Game Night in my dorm (complete with s'mores!) in an attempt to befriend my neighbors. It worked and it kept me out of partying, drugs, or what have you, so I think they're good to have around! It's a great way to spend a wholesome Saturday night.

When it comes to college, I think the most important thing is to build good work habits quickly. College will never 100% be a breeze, but believe when I tell you it'll take some getting used to, and if you don't want to be held back on anything, starting to get used to working in a steady, consistent and efficient manner early on will be your best insurance to make sure you can handle it when things get tough. Otherwise, the load will accumulate and expand until you have no means to cope with it.

In addition, make sure never to judge a book by it's cover! This year was my first year of college, and I made the terrible mistake of underestimating an important subject. Before I knew it I was missing half the concepts of what people were talking about and it snowballed from there.

Third, college means new people, new places and new friendships. While naturally one would treasure the old ones, even as an introvert I must advise that you try reaching out to people as if nothing else, you may need assistance in the future and you will 100% have to do group projects more than once.

Lastly, use this year to make one final deep introspection about what you want to do with your life and whether this is the right path for you. College isn't cheap, so this first year may be your last chance to get out of the train you chose before you are set: If you stay, make sure it's the right one.

I hope this was useful, best of luck in college! Will be waiting for good news! :D
thank you for your advice!! i'm hoping this will be the year i magically learn how to juggle my courses and keep up with all the work and projects and tests, but truth be told i'm downright terrified. meeting new people very much isn't my jam, though i suppose you could say i'm practicing my social skills here haha! :33:

i'll likely update this thread occasionally once school starts, in case people are interested in reading about my freshman year adventures! maybe i should start a blog?

- Take advantage of your professors' office hours. You're basically forfeiting one-on-one tutoring if you don't go.

- Figure out your major by your sophomore year, if you haven't already. You don't want to have to take an extra year or more to get all your credits.

- Ask your professors for letters of recommendation at the end of the semester.

- If your college has a career center, take advantage of it. Take advantage of job fairs, too.

- Join clubs and do community service offered by your college. That shit looks great on a resumé, plus it's a great way to make friends.

- Don't take 7 or 8 A.M. classes. Just fucking don't. Trust me.
thank you so much for your advice!! to make a long, complicated story short, i suppose you could call me an english major. i want to become an author and maybe a bibliotherapist, i love writing and books. i'm already worried that's not going to work out though and i'll end up failing miserably.
i've never dealt with college professors before, only middle and high school teachers. i'm looking into the sorts of clubs the college i'm attending offers, hopefully there will be something for an unathletic bookish dork like me, haha!

i have a couple 9am courses this term, but next year i have 8am classes almost all week. FML.

• Study, I can’t tell you how many times a test or exam could be easily passed by studying.
• your education comes first, if there’s a party or event, make sure that you actually hve the time to go, if you have homework or need to study then don’t go. It will cut into time you could’ve used. If your friends beg you to go tell them you can’t, if they’re real friends they’ll understand, if they get upset then they’re not your friend and you need to drop them because then that adds more stress you don’t need in your life.
• try not to get into a relationship early on, learn how to manage your time and stress before you add that kind of commitment in there. And if you do happen to find someone make sure you know it’s a healthy relationship and with someone that you share a lot in common with.
• go to bed on time, you need your sleep
• always eat breakfast, the brain food will help you.
• never be afraid to ask questions, if there is something you don’t understand ask till you do, if you feel like you need more time then visit your professor during their hours and get help then.
• absolutely always budget yourself, don’t throw money around buying things you don’t need, your education comes first.
• and of course make healthy friendships, people who understand what you’re doing and who won’t get in your way. Mainly ones with a high level of maturity, cuz they can be full grown adults but be a child in a grown ups body. Friends like that need to be dropped, you don’t have the time or energy for idiots like that.
thank you for your advice!! i'm a chronic procrastinator, but i have sworn on my own future grave that this year i'll get off my ass and do the work assigned to me.
i've seen a lot of people juggling relationships and college, and it doesn't seem to ever work out well. if i'm being honest, it makes me worried about the future of my own relationship. we're going on two years this december and i have high hopes for us, but i'm still worried the pressure of college might be what breaks us.
many people have told me to not be afraid to approach my professors, but i'm super worried nonetheless. authority figures make me nervous, haha.
i ended up cutting ties with all of my high school friends, after realizing they were the cause of most of the anxiety in my life. i'm hoping college will be a good opportunity to make some new friends!

Looks like the basics are covered. Here's another pro tip:

College becomes a lot easier if you maintain your knowledge of subjects regularly. Spend time each week reviewing what you already know and keep taking it with you. This is the best way to maintain the ever expanding knowledgebase of your classes. You don't want to know how many people forget the first things they learned in classes. You also won't have to cram everything into your head all at once. That helps, a lot.

also: Don't forget to enjoy college.

Good luck recruit.
thank you so much for your advice!! people have said that flashcards are useful tools, so i've picked up a couple packages to give them a try. praying they work!

Maintain a relationship with your professor from the start of the class to the end. I am terrible at math, but having regular, open conversations with my teacher after class gave him reason to pass me. Even by the skin of my teeth! He knew I was trying. He knew it was difficult for me. Because we talked regularly, he was merciful.

Get to class early.

Stay on task! Get that homework done as soon as you can, so the information is still fresh in your mind and you dont stress over deadlines.

Decide on your major your sophmore year, but make sure you check out job fairs to see what is most interesting to you! I picked the WRONG degree simply because I didn't know what other career paths were out there.

Get those gen eds out of the way! Take online summer courses. Half the cost, half the time. Often they are only 7 weeks long! You can expedite your graduation and save money all from the comfort of your own home.

BUY USED BOOKS. Textbooks are maddening and frustrating. I always bought the year previous despite my teacher's warnings. Usually the book was a few page numbers off or had a different cover. The information was the same.
great advice, thank you! i'm hoping this year i'll be brave enough to talk to my professors, haha!
since i'm an english major i do have a couple gen eds (i'm assuming you mean general education courses, like math and science?) next term, an environmental science and a history course. hopefully they don't kick my ass like high school science and history did.
picked up the two required textbooks for my intro to language and literature class today! not terribly expensive, but i haven't gotten my other books yet. trying not to think too hard about the cost for both years of my diploma.

I come bearing advice with examples.

When you’re working, surround yourself with people who want to be working. Also, idk how it works in the States, but if you’re allowed to choose group project members, don’t let your heart choose by itself. If you like x but know x won’t carry their workload and would rather let you do everything, work instead with y who you might not be as close to but who can do their share and isn’t an intellectual freeloader. Not only would you not be doing x any favors, but you have a higher chance of getting the grade you deserve and not being stressed out.

Just like in high school, when you don’t understand something or other, other students can be a good resource. Sometimes a peer can explain something to you in a way the professor couldn’t. Being introverted is gonna need to take a back seat to wanting to succeed. You’re going to need to approach people. Just tell yourself you have literally nothing to lose. At worst, they're too busy, at best, now you understand that concept better. Do it for the grade, if not for the social aspect. Study groups are nice in theory, and if you can organize one that's great, but tbh just two people is fine. More than five can spell trouble and be a waste of time.

Whether that’s taking notes on your laptop and printing and highlighting later, taking notes on loose leaf and arranging them in a binder later, or multiple notebooks, the first semester is the time to experiment. I type every word that comes out of the professor’s mouth and rewrite later. I know people who also record lectures. I rewrite my notes by hand in diagrams in tiny portable notebooks I carry with me, and on flash cards around exam time. Don't rush out to buy a ton of supplies you won't use. Some people need nothing more than a laptop, others want a dedicated notebook for everything, others go for both. Take the time to find what works best for you, gradually so you don't waste time or money.

Don’t hesitate to make your personal notes laidback and personal, as long as you know you have the terminology to rewrite these ideas well on your exam. Maybe keep a little glossary. A simple “Stalin was not. amused.” helped my friends and I remember a whole sequence of events in our own words and it translated well into our final essays. I sketch authors onto the backs of flashcards in ways that remind me of whatever their main ideas are. My friend makes a web of ideas that only ever makes sense to her. I record myself reading/rambling about my courses and play it back. These are examples, the point being that there's no set way to take notes and study. If you find that the workload's getting to you, get creative-- maybe you need a shift in method.

And lastly, if highschool was a nightmare, then keep in mind you have a fresh, clean slate. Not to be all "new year, new you", but take advantage of the new environment to meet new people, get involved in new things, cultivate new habits and new qualities. If you were hyperfocused on school in high school, get into some clubs, go to a few events. Alternately, if you had very average grades and always wanted to be closer to the top of the class, guess who has as much of a chance as anyone of getting great grades?

You didn't say if you'll be living alone so I'll stop there, but yeah, there's some good advice in this thread.
thank you so much for your advice!!

i'm canadian, so i'm not sure how college works in the vein of group projects here or in the states. some advice articles i've read have said to make friends with the people who sit near you in class. i've definitely had the slackers in high school group projects (been one myself, gotta admit) and i know how absolutely frustrating it is.

hey, never thought of telling myself i have nothing to lose before! thank you, that's a big help!

i'm definitely the kind of person who uses her laptop to write super fast notes and then clean them up later. sounds like in college i'll actually have to take notes and refer to them later! never had to do that before, i coasted through most of high school without taking notes and just relying on the teacher's handouts.

i'm working on making myself a bit more outgoing and pushing down my introvertedness and anxiety. it'll take work for sure, but i want college to hold good memories instead of bad!

You could also pick up Archery. It's unrelated to college but still cool .
i was one of those girls who became infatuated with archery after the hunger games came out, but i don't think i'm brave enough to try it! it looks like fun, though!

Congratulations! Where are you going?

If it's somewhere that is cold or experiences winter, then I cannot recommend slippers or fuzzy socks enough. Most colleges have wooden floors and those tend to get cold in the winter (or just at night). I would also like to vouch on behalf of bringing a board game or two. I frequently held Board Game Night in my dorm (complete with s'mores!) in an attempt to befriend my neighbors. It worked and it kept me out of partying, drugs, or what have you, so I think they're good to have around! It's a great way to spend a wholesome Saturday night.
thank you for your advice!! i'm attending my local college, didn't want to stray far from home, haha!

i'm canadian, so we definitely experience winter! sometimes i wonder if i live in canada or antarctica! i'm also staying at home (my college isn't too far from my house) but i've heard campus gets pretty cold in deep winter.

thank you so much for your advice!! to make a long, complicated story short, i suppose you could call me an english major. i want to become an author and maybe a bibliotherapist, i love writing and books. i'm already worried that's not going to work out though and i'll end up failing miserably.
i've never dealt with college professors before, only middle and high school teachers. i'm looking into the sorts of clubs the college i'm attending offers, hopefully there will be something for an unathletic bookish dork like me, haha!

i have a couple 9am courses this term, but next year i have 8am classes almost all week. FML.

Oh shit, same major as me. Nice.
Ok, so since you're an English major, I have extra advice:

- I highly recommend talking to your advisor about getting your teaching credential while you're working on your degree. If you can't find any other work with an English degree, you can absolutely fall back on teaching. Otherwise if you end up wanting (or needing) to become a teacher, it'll take an extra year.

- Join your college's journalism club! Working on the school paper is four years of writing experience you can put on your resumé.

thank you for your advice!! i'm a chronic procrastinator, but i have sworn on my own future grave that this year i'll get off my ass and do the work assigned to me.
i've seen a lot of people juggling relationships and college, and it doesn't seem to ever work out well. if i'm being honest, it makes me worried about the future of my own relationship. we're going on two years this december and i have high hopes for us, but i'm still worried the pressure of college might be what breaks us.
many people have told me to not be afraid to approach my professors, but i'm super worried nonetheless. authority figures make me nervous, haha.
i ended up cutting ties with all of my high school friends, after realizing they were the cause of most of the anxiety in my life. i'm hoping college will be a good opportunity to make some new friends!
You’re already on the right step recognizing things you need to work on and rectifying your problems. As for your significant other? They need to be understanding of what you got going on in your life, if they aren’t then they’re not worth it, your education comes first.

Don't stress too terribly about things, and be smart about where you spend your time, energy, money, and attention. Do research about where you want to be, career-wise, after college. Make friends and network. Networking is the single most useful skill in post-college career-land, and despite what anyone tells you otherwise, talent doesn't win the day. It's who you know. Just slow down, and take things in as they come. Talk to your advisers if you have questions. If they don't help you, and they aren't actively trying to make your college life better, switch advisers if you must. Keep partying on the minimum. Get enough sleepy. Try not to procrastinate. Drink enough water. Stay healthy. Define your goals, and go after them. College is for expanding your horizons, learning, and preparing yourself for your future. But remember, as with all things, have fun too. Don't take life so seriously, but treat it with the degree of seriousness afforded to you within the key moments where it counts most.

Good luck. I've been out of college for years and now own a business. Let me know if you get stuck.

thank you for your advice!! i'm attending my local college, didn't want to stray far from home, haha!

i'm canadian, so we definitely experience winter! sometimes i wonder if i live in canada or antarctica! i'm also staying at home (my college isn't too far from my house) but i've heard campus gets pretty cold in deep winter.
Ah, I see. That's actually probably for the better as universities tend to be more costly (I'm not sure if this applies to Canada as well, but it's definitely true here in the United States) and have a bit more bullsh*t. You can easily fall into a trap of depression thanks to the isolation from family and other support networks. I would suggest skipping out on the slipper and looking into buying a dog sled instead.

quick update!! i started last wednesday, which was Dope As Hell And Also Terrifying
i only have class tuesday/thursday which is Dope As Hell

a brief summary:

wednesday:
- funnily enough, i only had two classes wednesday and they were both classes i've since dropped
- i went to a college event hosted that night, BY MYSELF WHICH IS COOL CAUSE I AM ANXIOUS AS HELL but it was actually really fun and i'm glad i went

thursday:
- had psychology in the morning, that class is AWESOME!! i already made a friend who's in the same program as me, she's really great!
- ate lunch with a friend from dance who is also going to the college, we looked at memes and laughed our asses off
- intro to language and literature in the afternoon, my professor for that is pretty cool (i have him for composition on tuesdays also) and i'm looking forward to that class
- went to a rave hosted on campus (by myself again cause none of my friends could go ;-;) and had A DOPE-ASS TIME, met a couple cool people and danced for Hours

no classes friday or monday (since i dropped some classes i'm not taking rn), which gives me a long ass weekend
you'd think i'd use that time to study
not my procrastinating ass lmao
though i am 100% going to get to work, starting tomorrow
(famous last words, mallory)

looking forward to heading back tomorrow morning, hopefully my laptop will stay awake long enough for me to take proper notes haha
(just got a new battery and it only seems to hold a charge for three hours, which doesn't seem right. granted, i got it from a third-party place, so maybe that's to be expected?? either way, it'll last me through psych in the morning and i can charge it between classes cause i have like a three hour break. maybe i don't even need to bring my laptop, i can write notes in a notebook and recopy them when i get home!)

goodnight, folks!
~ mallorypapes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back