• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy What are you thinking. . . ?

"Hopefully I shall learn to see it as a blessing as well. I suppose that would have to come with time. And thank you, I wish I could say he was a great man. He was all I ever had, so I did love him just the same." At this point the wound had mostly stopped bleeding and begun to scab over. "I could heal more quickly if I wasn't concerned with conserving my energy. I do promise I'll be alright. How embarrassing it would be to die on my first day and as a healer no less." Leda laughed, and it was a pleasant sound reminiscent of the tinkling of tiny bells.

"Here's to that..." He smiled and slid back against the tree. "The name's Sadrius by the way, a merc from the wasteland." He stared straight up and eventually dozed off unaware of how tired he was, comparing the their lives from inside the barrier and falling asleep while doing so.

"Interesting. How nice to meet you, Sadruis. I'm..." Leda fell silent as she realized he seemed to have nodded off. She tilted her head, appreciating his rugged handsomeness for the first time. Some moments passed before the girl stood and removed her cloak, draping over the man's sleeping form. She then settled beside him, resting her head gently on his shoulder. She had intended to keep watch but would soon nod off herself. Healing had taken a lot out of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Void chuckled, shaking his head, "How cute." Void sat back, watching, making sure nothing happened while those two slept. "Seriously, are all of the people out here fools? You never sleep out in the wild unless you have decent protection, and I doubt a few daggers and a sword will help much if the person who uses the sword is asleep, and then there's the illusionist whom seems to not carry something for protection, in fact, where did she go?" Void looked around, part of him thinking, "yay I don't have to make sure she lives!" The other part of him keeps thinking, "Whelp, there goes a good chance to learn more about life behind the barrier." Void sighed, leaning against a tree, refusing to sleep. "Damn those two, we need another person to watch.'

Leda awoke some time later, yawning and stretching almost like a cat would. Without her cloak, the girl's lithe form was more easily noticed. She was truly a tiny thing, standing at four foot eleven and possibly weighing ninety-pounds soaking wet. As she peered around with bleary eyes, her face fell and her little fists pounced the ground. "I'm. Still. Here", her voice trembled. She wanted to scream.

The girl's gaze finally landed on Void, and her embarrassment settled in. She took a moment to swallow her pride and rub her eyes before speaking. "Thank you for watching out for us. I never meant to fall asleep, and I know I've been awful to you. It isn't any excuse, but I lost everything today." Her voice trailed off. He didn't care about her troubles. "Anyway, I'm Leda."

Void shrugged, "Eh, you're welcome, and honestly, I would have described what you did as slightly annoying then awful, anyone who's been out here for a week can agree that being rude is normal, and I guess I kinda was also a tad bit awful..." Void sighed, rubbing the back of his head. Who cares if he explained why he did or said what he did anyways? "Anyways I'm Void Sekeolath Star."

"Then please do excuse me for being annoying. I'll admit I was kind of a brat, but I truly am glad you found me, Void. If one looks beyond all the mist and illusions, you're not so scary after all." She offered a small smile though a sadness could still be seen in her eyes. A lot had happened in a short period of time. A bit of Leda's innocence had been stripped from her today, and she would never be the same. "I honestly don't know how I will ever survive out here." Her voice had fallen to nearly a whisper, "I know you're under no obligation to help me, but I do hope you won't leave me along out here."

Void sighed, a small smile showing, "Oh please, I won't leave anyone alone out here unless I know they can survive, main reason why I prefer shadows and mist." Void yawned, clearly trying to stay awake, "Besides, I can't leave you alone, you technically would have him," Void points at Sardrius, "though I'm not really sure how well that would work."

Leda was somewhat comforted by Void's slight smile. "I can't thank you enough. I know little about survival, but I do understand that there is safety in numbers. I'm not usually quick to trust, but we all share the common goal of survival here. Let's let him rest for a while." She began to observe the scene around herself. The forest was dimly lit and the air dense. She would have to adjust to breathing it. There wasn't the sound of birds singing as one might expect. Everything was still and silent. It was quite strange and dreary. "Is it overcast today or is it typically dim outside the barrier?"

Void shrugged, "I normally don't pay attention, but I think it's sometimes dim, sometimes not." Void stared at his hand, smiling at the dark mist around it, "Besides, I've never really cared if it was light or dark out here, too much work, either surviving in the wastes or working in the settlements, there's never any time to stop and think about what's going on."

"I do hope it isn't always dim. I think the clear, blue skies are what I might miss most." After considering this for a moment, "No, I think I should miss my books. I guess there won't be must time for worrying about such things anymore. Survival is everything as you've made so clear." Leda glanced over at Sadrius. Would he ever awaken. "Tell me about these settlements. If the people out here are as unpleasant as they're made out to be, it must be miserable there. I really do hope not. The situation is bad enough without making it worse for others."

Sadrius woke abruptly and his hand leaped for his sword, as he usually did when he heard voices, but saw Void and Leda and almost instantly calmed down, he face palmed himself and stood up. Damn... daylight already. he just stood and stared at the two of them, and hesitantly walked up to the pair, but kept a small distance.

Void turned towards Sadrius, chuckling, "Well, look who's awake," Void yawned again, "And to answer your question Leda, the settlements are slightly better, since you normally know when trouble is heading your way. Then again it's harder because, at least the settlement I lived in and the few I've seen, they normally have to farm and ship most of the food to the barrier for those privileged to enjoy."

He gave a weak laugh and let Void explain the settlements to Leda and sighed. "I've heard that even the parts of the barrier that's supposed to be providing for the rest of the cities are importing their food from these settlements, but that's just a rumor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back