• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy What are you thinking. . . ?

"Rude?!" Aria repeated, taken aback. "What is stalking and then insulting people customary out here? Should I have curtsied politely and and, thank you O' Wander of the Waste for taring down my teachings and mocking my ability! Oh and while you're at it please feel free to kick me in the gut while you continue speak highly of your oh so mighty self!" She threw her fists wildly in the air, as he ported away she stomped on the ground send the dirt around her shooting into the air. "Dirty britches. . ." Aria exhaled and as she did the cloud of dust and dirt that surrounded her began to shimmer, then turn gold and as it did it began to spread. Scoffing at his words she quickly let the cloud drop sending the land around her into a frenzy.

Void watches calmly, blending in with his surroundings, the shadow duplicate having disappeared. "Hmm, possibly mistrustful, I blame the first person she met out here personally." Void sat there, contemplating what to do now that it's obvious he isn't wanted around her, yet not even he would leave a girl out here alone until she knew how to survive.

Void watches calmly, blending in with his surroundings, the shadow duplicate having disappeared. "Hmm, possibly mistrustful, I blame the first person she met out here personally." Void sat there, contemplating what to do now that it's obvious he isn't wanted around her, yet not even he would leave a girl out here alone until she knew how to survive.

After the ground settled Aria took one more glance out into the vast nothingness of the wastes. "Follow me now." She spoke softly and broke out into a sprint in the opposite direction. As soon as her feet left the golden mess of dirt large jagged peaks began to shoot out of the ground, stretching as far as her magic would allow. They wouldn't last long but it would help her put some distance between herself. . . And that darn stalker. Not long after she stopped running she could feel the ground shake, as the peek began to return to normal. "That's the problem with us darn illusionist, even if its needed our power wont last long if we're to far away." Grunting half out of breath Aria trotted on.

Void smiled, following the slowly descending peeks, humming and thinking. "Hmm, that is better, though not enough work put into it, nor enough power. Hmm, maybe I could teach her a few tricks if she ever bothered to hold still long enough to learn..."

"Gah!" Huffing and gasping for air Aria stopped in her tracks and took a knee. "This. . . air. . is horrible!" She sputtered and fell onto her bottom. "They must have lungs made of steal, how are they able to survive and live such resilient lives here?" Cupping her hand over her eyes she looked out into the distance the peaks were no longer in sight, that meant either she had gone some distance or she couldn't hold them long enough. "No. . . I've gone pretty far i cant even see the barrier any more." She squinted straining her eyes as she did. "The suns setting I should find shelter before it gets too dark. But with my luck they'll probably show me to a trash heap." She slowly crawled off the ground dusting herself off and looked down at her hand flexing them as she did. "I better keep the magic to a minimum, use it when I actually need it." Aria had yet to make it to one of the settlements, so she knew there would be no creatures roaming, but in the back of her mind she thoght it best to keep a sharp eye.

Void smiled, watching the girl, still invisible, planning on switching to his shadow spell during the night to conserve energy. "Hmm, should I stay here to keep her safe, or roam about and lead her to safety? What a tough choice..."

Aria had finally run into her first problem, she was in such a run to leave and start her mission she had neglected to think ahead. Now she was out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a hope and a prayer. "Now what are you going to do smarty pants?" She questioned herself as she peered into the distance at the rapidly setting sun. Crouching she ran her fingers through the dirt, even with magic there wasn't much he could do, maybe if she had earth magic but an illusionist. She sighed wistfully as she stood and began walking again. "Am I headed in the wrong direction? Have I walked in circles?" There was really no way of telling but her determination was not going to falter that easily.

Sadrius watched the peaks sink into the ground, not knowing whether or not that they were a mirage or an illusionist's magic. A few more hours of walking went by and he spotted a girl dragging her hands through the dirt. Sadrius debated whether or not to talk to her, but in the end he decided he would. "What's the worst that could happen?" He thought as he walked up to her. "Are you lost? Not many people would be out here so late."

"Ah!" Aria stumbled forward losing her balance, thinking it was that stalker again. "No I'm not lost, thank you very mu. . ." She had started to say, but as she turned too look her voice trailed off. "Oh, uh. . ." It wasn't who she thought it was. "no, no I'm not lost." her voice now a pitch lower. "I think." She added in a low whisper then laughed it off nervously. She looked the man over then slowly took a step forward cautiously holding out her hand. "Hello wanderer of the wastes," She was too unsure of how he would react her experience with the people of the wastes had been a mixed one, and this man looked like he could take her life with on swing of his arm. "my name is Aria Relaenna Dortalos."

Void watches, unsure if he should intervene or not. "Hmm, not sure I could do much if this goes badly..." Void watches on, fearing he might have to intervene, or being discovered and yelled at and possibly injured by that girl, unsure if his motivations are clear since she thinks he's stalking her for no reason.

He smirked and shook Aria's hand. "Uh... yeah nice to meet you. I'm Sadrius Garland, a mercenary from the wastes." He stared at her for a few moments, she didn't look like she was from the wasteland. "Are you from the other side of the barrier? And don't worry about me killing you for no reason I just want to know." Sadrius felt some anxiety rise in his chest although he knew there wasn't anything to worry about, but couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't the only person in the area, but he tried his best to hide this feeling though, thinking he was just being paranoid.

Void relaxed, trusting this man wouldn't be a threat. Not that he still wasn't prepared to shroud the man in illusions if he started to become hostile. "I'll keep my eye on you..." Void whispered, hoping that no one could hear him.

"I supposed that's very obvious." But how hard could it have been to spot the difference, appearance alone was evidence enough. "But yes, I am, I come from Gyles, a-and I didn't, such a thought never crossed my mind. I'm just not to sure how to approach, or speak to people of the wastes." She looked over his shoulder the sun had gone, disappearing over the distant hills. "Well It was very nice to meet you, Mr. Garland but I must go. I must find shelter." She had turned to leave but just then she heard something. "Did you says something?" She looked to Garland a puzzled look on her face.

Void mutters "dam it!" Void starts to move to escape being found by touch or sight. If anyone were to look his way they might see a scurrying mouse if they had no idea about illusions, or a shadow against the darkening sky if they're used to illusionary magic.

He shook his head lightly. "No I didn't... uh good luck out there. He took a few steps, heard a whisper and swung his blade at the air around him. "What the..." He looked at Aria and looked straight in front of him and sheathed his sword. He went towards a small cluster of dead bushes and decided he would camp there for the night.

Aria stood back confused and frightened after Garland's blade went flying through the air. "If he didn't speak, and I didn't speak.." She sighed then held up both her hands. Two tiny orbs of golden light flew from her hands and hovered at either side of her. "Come out!" Sounding rather grumpy she let the orbs fly almost instantly they began to hover and circle over what she believed to be that man named Void. "if its you just come out.." Unsure how he was able to catch up to her so quickly she walked over to the orbs. "These orbs are meant to find sources of magic, although they can't reveal them." Letting the orbs burst she crossed her arms and glared in Voids direction.

Void slowly walked forward, being careful to stay as far from the swordsman as he can, still a shadow he didn't wish to be killed when he couldn't be seen well in the darkening sky. "You caught me."

"Why are you following me O'Great wanderer of the wastes? Did you forget something? maybe the way I dress?!" She looked to Garland who was still headed for the bushes. "And why are you hiding? Don't you know that creepy?"

Sadrius stopped abruptly and looked behind him when Aria started shouting at a dark cloaked man. He sighed and started to turn back now starting at them waiting to see if he would need to intervene.

You step forward, the future unknown, what are you thinking?

We all will meet, our true intentions unknown.

It is night

The moon is high the sky is clear

"I merely followed to insure you lived long enough to learn to survive." Void muttered, removing his illusion. "Sorry that unlike others out here I'm willing to help a stranger whilst still keeping myself safe." Void turned around, prepared to leave before she might try to hurt him, unsure of how she might react this time.

"Survived?!" Aria looked at him a bit surprised. "If that was your intention, would it not have been more prudent to say so!?" As the moon rose her sink started to low faintly, but she was too intent on fussing at Void. "Do you know how frightened I was? Really I practically made a mountain to get away from you!" She ran her hands through her hair and at the same time let out a sigh of relief, at the same time Mr. Garland had stopped in his tracks and turned to watch them both. Then feeling all her fear wash away she smiled cheekily. "Did I frighten you O'Great one?" She laughed at the thought of being intimidating.

Void smiled sheepishly, "What? Intimidate me?" Void smiled, "Oh please, I'm just playing it safe in case you have a knife or something" Void nodded, "Besides, I would prefer not running the risk of injury, I'm staying safe is all."

Sadrius stepped forward a few more steps. "You didn't scare me but your boyfriend over did, appearing from thin air like that, hahaha." Sadrius motioned over to Void. "Where did you say that you were headed?"

"Never said I was heading anywhere..." Void chose to ignore the boyfriend comment, finding such an idea barely entertainable, since he barely even knows this girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back