• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy What are you thinking. . . ?

Busy making faces and and rubbing her arms, trying to make the glow go away when Mr. Garlands comment made her stop abruptly. "Boyfriend?" Aria shuddered at the thought shaking her head lightly. Then she chimed in "I never said where i was going either." Now frantically rubbing at her arms Aria turned away. "And what illusionist carries knives anyways?"

"One who wishes to survive if their illusions aren't good enough to get away" Void answered, quote confused as to why one wouldn't carry a knife for protection.

"I suppose that something I wouldn't have to worry about." She said looking to Void, "You remember that duplicate i made that was carrying the broadsword? Well I'm sure you do it wasn't that long ago. They carry my weapons and they do my fighting. I mean look at me, do you really think i can survive in a battle?" Laughing she motioned to her thin body. She knew it wasn't wise to say more so she quickly tried to change the subject. "Ahh, wheres the nearest settlement by the way, I've been walking for hours and the only signs of life I've seen are you two and a young lady."

Void shrugs, "If you think your illusions are good enough to get away they go ahead, but as for the settlememt," Void points north east. "That's the direction of the closest one I know of, only 15 to 20 minutes away."

"There's also he settlement about 20 miles north of Aerert's barrier so if you find Aerert and go north for a while you should be able to find it, not exactly easy to miss. Of course the one that Void pointed out is closer." He giggled "But of course a great illusionist like yourself can handle it right?"

Leda was not surprised when a forceful knock came at the door. Yet another unsuccessful healer had taken the last of her money mere days ago. It was just the day before that her father had gasped his last breath. He's had been buried early this morning. She knew that someone would arrive to carry her off all too soon. As Leda grabbed her cloak and a small set of daggers belonging to her father, the door burst open. Two burly men grabbed at her, taking her by the tops of her arms and handling her roughly. They continued to do so despite her reassuring them that she would not put up a fight. All the neighbors came out of their houses to gawk, but not a one would offer any help.

When the group came to the edge of the barrier, Leda was tossed out rather unceremoniously. She quickly picked herself up and dusted off her clothing. She held her head high as she wandered into the unknown. She roamed forever it seemed before hearing voices. Being tiny and having light footsteps, she attempted to edge closer without being noticed. Unfortunately for Leda, she proved not to be as stealthy as she'd hoping. The snapping of a twig beneath her feet seemed as loud as a clap of thunder in that moment.

Leda gasped at his words, quickly clamping a hand over her own mouth. She pressed her back against a tree, hoping to escape notice. As a simple healer, what else could she really do. Still, she palmed one of her father's daggers with her free hand, unsure she'd even have the nerve to use it if the need arose.

Void shook his head, a dark glow around his hand, causing light to pop up over him. "I swear, I may be a hypocrite, but I can't stand an eavesdropper."

"I'm not a fighter.", she thought to herself. It was then that Leda made a stupid decision. She chose to bolt and proved to be fairly quick for someone who'd never really had a reason to run. Her cloak and robes billowed out behind her in swirls of red, green, and creamed colored silk and cotton. Just when she thought she might be getting somewhere, the girl's foot caught on a tree root. She came down with a loud thump and lay there feeling somewhat dazed as she'd hit her head rather hard on a nearby tree.

Void quickly walked over, taking one look at the girl on the ground and shook his head and sighed, "Oh great, looks like another girl from the barrier." Void sighed, holding out his hand. "Need some help up miss?"

Leda instinctively flinched as the man reached toward her. It was then that his words sank in. He instantly knew she was from within the barrier. That didn't strike her as a good thing. She would need to blend in out here. Before taking his hand, she made certain to adjust her hood so that her face remained hidden. In the shade, only some of her curls could be seen and of course something odd. As she stood before this man, little wisps of light flitted around the edge of the hood. They clustered near the area of her forehead and resembled green fireflies of some sort.

"I think you scared her, poor thing." He walked up to the pair, "So you're from the barrier, too? It seems everyone's seeking adventure these days..." He looked back at Aria. "The barrier must have gone to hell if people are leaving, but I'm guessing you didn't leave of your own free will?" He stood a small distance away, trying not to intimidate her too much.

"I wasn't given a choice in the matter. When the money runs out, the guards toss you out here, and I do mean that quite literally." Leda reached a dainty hand toward her face, her fingers brushing her temple and coming away with blood. The little fireflies parted momentarily and then flitted closer to her face once more. She still felt a little weak on her feet and shuffled backward until her back pressed against a tree once more. It had been one hell of a fall. She eyed them both nervously. Who were these men? Who else had left the barrier and why?

Void shrugged, stretching. "Seems I always scare people from the barrier," Void shrugged, walking to a distance, "you mind introducing her to this wonderful wasteland, I'll be over here." Void sat down, blending into the shadows.

Leda grimaced within the shadow of her hood. Her disdain was made evident by her tone of voice, "How could I not be frightened with such a strange creature chasing me through the forest? What reaction did you think you'd get when you're all shadows and mist?" It never occurred to Leda that perhaps she shouldn't risk angering these men. She'd never had anything to fear before and few people to interact with. Books on healing and a silent, glaring father are hardly good tools for developing one's social skills.

Void chuckled, rolling his eyes, "Not sure how it is in those fancy barriers, yet out here, if someone wanted you dead, you wouldn't have lasted as you did, so sure I may have been wrong approaching as I did, yet you are silly to not try and view the fact that I approached you peacefully without any malice. So before you go around, expecting others to see how what they did would get a certain reaction from you, and think why they did what they did." Void chuckled, "and what's so wrong with shadows and mist?"

"Excuse me for not being familiar with the rules of this wonderful wasteland," she spat sarcastically. "I've only ever lived inside the barrier. We're generally civilized there." She realized deep down that this wasn't always so true. Before her father fell ill, he would sometimes become violent if he'd been drinking. Some would say she should have fought back, should have learned to defend herself. She knew his reasons, and she sometimes felt it was deserved for taking her mother from him. Others times she realized this was a backwards way of viewing the situation, be he was all she had.

As Leda became absorbed in these thoughts, her head pounded, and her legs grew weak. She was thoroughly overwhelmed by everything and found it difficult to continue healing herself. Her head lowered as she tried to compose herself. Thankfully the hood hid her face. She didn't want to appear weak or vulnerable in any way, not while these two strange men stood before her. A single tear dotted the dusk at her feet, her entire body tensing as she realized this. Hopefully neither would notice. This was just not her day.

Void shrugged, "oh please, there aren't any rules of the wasteland, other then don't trust a complete stranger or someone whom threatens you, but some of us are rather civil out here, most people would be at your throat if you made such a remark, which sadly would only prove your point." Void stretched and yawn, "And if you really want to get sarcastic here, I'd suggest you try and get back in the barrier, for you won't last a day."

Leda finally gave in and settled at the base of the tree. It didn't seem as though either man was looking to hurry off and certainly not to attack her. That didn't mean she trusted them, but she saw no reason to be afraid. Void's comments went ignored as he'd peeved her, and she no longer wished to acknowledge his existence. Rather, her attention returned to the other man. "I don't understand how you put up with your companion over there. Is is safe to rest here for a while until I heal?" After a brief pause, she added, "And do you know where I can seek shelter around here?"

Sadrius shrugged, "I just met the guy a few hours ago, so I haven't been putting up with him for long." He leaned against the tree and sighed. "As for your other questions... there are a few settlements built around the barrier, one near Aerert and one that he mentioned north-west of here, and I don't think you'll be bothered while your healing, but you don't seem like you can handle yourself well if someone does try and claim your life." He laughed a bit. "Unless you can enchant your words to kill then we're all goners huh?"

"How unfortunate for you then. I do thank you for the information and I suppose for not claiming my life." She bit her bottom lip, thinking over all that has occurred. He was right. Leda could not handle herself out here. She wasn't one to place her trust in others, but what choice did she really have? Maybe he would look out for her even for a short while. "Perhaps it isn't wise to admit to one's own weakness, but you are quite right. I never intended to end up out here. I'm only a healer, not a fighter."

At this point she dropped her hood. What was even the point in concealing her identity. If she would hope for this man to help her, she knew that she would do well to drop the attitude. It was now obvious that there was a gash in her forehead. Little trickles of blood followed the curve of her right cheek. The little fireflies had gone about their work now that she'd calmed herself. The edges of the wound held a dim, green glow about them.

"The nerve of them... casting out a healer, I hope they rot." He sighed and sits down, taking a glance at her forehead. "You took a hard fall, glad you're a healer." Sadrius stared directly in front of him. "So what was life like inside the barrier?"

She pulled her knees up to her chest, resting her chin atop them. Her wound was beginning to close up more quickly now. A sigh escaped her lips as she began to speak in what was almost a sad whisper, "No one cares about anyone else. Most of the healers venture out into the fray, only returning occasionally. Even then, they only work long enough to buy more supplies and head out again. I spent most of my money on healers, hoping that they would be able to heal my father when I had failed. Nothing seemed to work, and the money eventually ran out. I'd only just returned from his funeral when they came for me. My neighbors, people I've help time and again, merely watched as I was drug through the streets to the barrier. I fear that a time will come when it is just as bad in there as it is out here." Leda's voice had begun to quiver by the time she'd finished, but she told herself she mustn't cry. Now was no time for weakness.

Sadrius looked back and shrugged. "I guess life got alot worse in there, and if you ask me, I consider being 'banished' out here a blessing." He stared in the direction of the barrier. "In the barrier they have to deal with politics, security, and running out of money. But out here... it's almost pure... I never really gave a damn about what goes on in the barrier, but I think that the sooner it's down the better." He sighed. "And I'm sorry about your father by the way, I can't imagine having something like that happen to me." He leaned back against the tree. "You should focus on the wound and not bleeding out for now. It would be embarrassing to die on the first day out in the wastes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back