Literature What are you reading?

I'm currently reading 'The Girl With All The Gifts', want to get it read before I see the film, so I can compare the two.

The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu. It's the sequel to the Three Body Problem.

I Am Constantly Screaming.

Last edited:
The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber. At first the chapters confused me before I realized they alternated PoVs every other chapter. x.x

The Kite Runner.
An excellent book.

I'm currently reading far too many books. :P
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Count Zero by William Gibson
The Red Sphinx by Alexandre Dumas
The Wall of Storms by Ken Liu
The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams
The Civil Wars by Julius Caesar

Passages from
Tao Te Ching by Laozi
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

Currently reading book 6 of the expanse. Im impressed they managed to keep running out of water and air interesting for 6 books.

Due to a short attention span, I end up starting far too many books at once and take an eternity to finish them haha...

The Gone series by Michael Grant
Sabriel by Garth Nix
Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

I always seem to have more than one book on the go. Thankfully, I have managed to stick to one lately. I have been reading Sea of Shadows by Kelly Armstrong. Though I'm almost done and have the following book, I have been dragging it out over the course of a few months. I do have to get back into it soon. I have a few books in waiting but from those that I have read already, I thoroughly enjoyed the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. A book that I was surprised to enjoy as much as I did was Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich. It written more in the style of journal entries and police reports than a real book, but somehow that made it even better.

I'm currently reading The Peripheral by William Gibson. I loved the Sprawl Trilogy, and his collected works. A little indifferent on the Difference Engine. I think he really shines with cyberpunk subjects.

I'm almost 2/3 through this book and it's pacing definitely started slow. I can see where things are headed now, and it's got an interesting take on both the cyberpunk-y future-tech, and some other interesting stuff too. It's a long read, but I recommend it.

I've also recently read most of the Dresden Files, I only stopped after book 14 because of the Peripheral becoming available on my Overdrive account.

Just started Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and also I'm almost finished with As I Lay Dying, which most people don't see the humor in, i think the book is really funny.

A book that explains the Roman Imperial Army
A book on the biggest blunders that lost people wars
Herodotus' histories
A Dance with dragons (again)
and Mien Kampf (again)

A heck ton of class required texts. I get little leisure time when it comes to reading really.

I'm currently reading through Endymion. Fun book.

Sadly, Raul's whimsical observations are bleeding into my writings.

Either that, or the fact that I'm trying to go through some of Kurt Vonnegut's novels at the same time.

The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers

I'm a very short ways in but I love Ashby and Sissix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back