Literature What are you reading?

Just Like Someone Without Mental Illness, Only More So, by Mark Vonnegut, and since that's almost finished, Bipolar, Not So Much (I forgot the writers and don't feel like getting the book to put them down lmao).

Can a visual novel count as a book since it's all text anyway?
If so, Fate/Stay Night.
If not, I'm working on the first Book Girl book, Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime

Some good fanfictions, whenever they're updated.

Same - I've been reading a lot of fanfiction recently too. My reading speed means that the average book doesn't even take me two hours, so moving along stories in a fandom is often the easiest way for me to stay immersed in a world. I remember the really good stories (which are uncompleted) and often return to check on them. Sometimes I even check back on completed works which I found especially characterized by brilliant writing/characters/plot.

Mahou Tsukai No Yome since they are making it an anime.

The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski, The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson, & a few romance novels on the side-I am not ashamed.

I have many more on the back burner. Just need to finish them..

Just started reading A Brave New World. I'm already a chapter in and have no clue what is going on. I just recently finished other dystopian novels such as Margaret Atwood's A Handmaid's Tale and George Orwell's 1984.

Recently finished a book titled Division of the Marked (the writing style was incredibly interesting), and I'm currently reading an in-progress fantasy series/trilogy called Age of Asango. If you like fantasy and well-built worlds I would encourage you to check those out. They're both available on Wattpad.

If epubs of fanfiction count...
Back to Us by DarkReyna16 (1k+ pages 'cause author can't seem to write short but it's all good. More to read.)

If not...
I'm thinking of rereading To All the Boys I've Loved Before and PS I Still Love You while waiting for the third book to be out on May.

I recently finished reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It certainly got me back into my love for post-apocalyptic settings.

And destroyed me as a person of course.

Currently reading Salem's Lot by SK! Just finished Misery by him as well. I haven't read any others of his and I can confidently say he is in my top 3 authors now! Along side Chuck Palahniuk and Bret Easton Ellis. :)

Currently reading Salem's Lot by SK! Just finished Misery by him as well. I haven't read any others of his and I can confidently say he is in my top 3 authors now! Along side Chuck Palahniuk and Bret Easton Ellis. :)
Those are really good books. May i suggest The shining or Christine by King also. Personal favorites.

Those are really good books. May i suggest The shining or Christine by King also. Personal favorites.

Stephen King is by far my favourite author! Currently reading his Gerald's Game.
The Shining is my favourite - he recently released a sequel as well (Doctor Sleep) which I would highly recommend.

Stephen King is by far my favourite author! Currently reading his Gerald's Game.
The Shining is my favourite - he recently released a sequel as well (Doctor Sleep) which I would highly recommend.
I heard great things about Doctor Sleep, Still haven't read it though. I love his stamina for writing, every piece of work is a gem. The last book of his I read was It and I'm looking to read the Stand when I finish the current book I'm on.

I heard great things about Doctor Sleep, Still haven't read it though. I love his stamina for writing, every piece of work is a gem. The last book of his I read was It and I'm looking to read the Stand when I finish the current book I'm on.

Trust me, Doctor Sleep is amazing :P I haven't read The Stand but its on my list (which isn't a surprise since they all are).
IT is definitely one of his better, even if he did openly admit he struggled to finish it xD (though this is his weakest point - his words not mine (I happen to worship him))

The 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene

The 33 Strategies of War - Robert Greene

The Religions Book - DK (Name of the publishing company.)

Commanders: History's Greatest Military Leaders - R. G. Grant (Also by DK)

Philosophy in Minutes - Marcus Weeks

Right now, im reading Alone at Ninety Foot. Not by choice, its for an assignment in my English class. Its okay, i guess.

Trust me, Doctor Sleep is amazing :P I haven't read The Stand but its on my list (which isn't a surprise since they all are).
IT is definitely one of his better, even if he did openly admit he struggled to finish it xD (though this is his weakest point - his words not mine (I happen to worship him))
I felt it had a fitting (though a bit sappier for his usual taste since we're being honest) ending. Oh yeah, he deserves the praise, after all he is the King of Horror haha. He's earned his place among the other macabre legends like Poe and Lovecraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back