Literature What are you reading right now?

Currently picking my way through the Dresden Files. I really like the concepts in the books even if they are a little short and a little repetitive.

I’m currently barreling through the Providence of Fire, which is the second book in a really stunning fantasy series by Brian Staveley.

In terms of fantasy, I'm currently reading the Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey. I'm currently reading Bastion, in the Collegium Chronicles, to be precise.

12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson. Its a pretty good book. Other than that I am re-reading Earth Abides which is a fantastic book if you haven't read it.

I just started to read the Harry Potter series, I never read them before so looking forward to it! :P

Plato's Phaedo dialogue--for like the third time--with the Ancient Greek on the opposite page. I studied it twice before, when I was in college, and it was probably my favorite Plato dialogue.

In the Garden of the Beasts by Erik Larsen, about the US Ambassador to Germany (and his family) in the 1930s Berlin. The name comes from the Tiergarten, "Garden of animals"/"garden of beasts"

Marx's Concept of Man by Erich Fromm. It contains a compilation of some of Marx's works, and the author seeks to give the public a proper understanding of Marx's philosophies and ideas, which are often distorted by the public, as not many people have ever read any of Marx's works for themselves. This text portrays Marx as more of a humanist and philosopher-type thinker than the typical Marxist or communist that might come to mind when you hear Karl Marx.

Working my way through War and Peace and the ShadowHunter Chronicles depending on which I feel like reading at the time. Both amazing reads!

I'm currently reading Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. It's an amazing book where we follow the 101st Airborne Division from Normandy to Hitler's Eagles Nest. It was later made a mini-series by Tom Hanks and Stephen Spielberg.

I am currently reading 'The Hunger Games'. We have to pick from a book list at school. At least there are some decent books on it.

I just finished reading the novelization of The Last Jedi. It was alright, it added some interesting but minor details, but I thought it flowed better and was a better book than the movie since you knew what the characters were thinking. To continue scratching my Star Wars itch...I am reading the "Ahsoka" novel next.

Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi. It's all about the Manson Trials and how he managed to convince a bunch of young women to his bidding. It's pretty interesting, but I always lose interest near the end as it gets a bit slow. Super detailed though! If you're into true crime it's a must read

Users who are viewing this thread

Back