Literature What are you reading right now?

Cinder_Rabbit

"Seek Strength. The rest will follow."
Hey guys, so I was just wondering who was reading right now and what they were reading? Me? I've read more books in the last 2 months then I ever had.

I'm working through this at the moment. It's a interesting read. Quite unique actually for a ghost story.
ycwvbr9d

Not reading any books by myself at the moment, but we are reading Animal Farm, as part of our JC Higher Level English course at school

Twilight of the Gods: A Swedish Volunteer in the 11th SS Panzergrenadier Division "Nordland" on the Eastern Front

I'm reading "Artemis" the new book by Andy Weir and I'm fucking loving it! He has to be my favourite author of all time. I also just finished "The Girl on the Train" just last week which was nice too :)

I'm reading the Fatal Shore: The Epic of Australia's Founding. Currently in chapter 2, reading about the shitty working conditions of the English people back in the day, like seriously, shit was bad.

That's cool, I'm going to check that book out in Amazon and keep an eye out for it just in case they sell it in our local bookstore.

As for me, I suggest reading this book.
https://www.amazon.com/memoirs-American-Hitlers-Stalins-German-ebook/dp/B007LQ81RU

Oh wow now that sounds interesting. Yeah Twilight of the Gods is good, but I think I liked "Goodbye, Transylvania" a little better, and it is similar to "Twilight of the Gods." The author of "Goodbye...," Sigmund Landau, was ethnically/culturally German and Hungarian but from Transylvania which was owned by Romania. He hated Romania but would inevitably be forced into the Romanian Army, so he ran away with mates to Austria to join the SS (in other German service they'd have been deported back to the Romanian Army on the orders of Ion Antonescu IIRC).

I’m loving The Martian by Andy Weir. I love the writing style, and the fact that the plot is deemed more important than expanding on characters is refreshing and really fits the story being told.

I’m loving The Martian by Andy Weir. I love the writing style, and the fact that the plot is deemed more important than expanding on characters is refreshing and really fits the story being told.
Omgs yes!! I fucking love that book so much. His sci fi content with a sprinkle of humour is everything I need in a book! So wonderfully written!

Oh gee.

Currently:

Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive) by Brandon Sanderson
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut
The Elements of Eloquence by Mark Forsyth
The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie
The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan

What am I NOT reading is the better question

I'm currently attempting to reread the entirety of the Warriors cats series since they keep adding new books, so I'm on Moonrise from the second series, The New Prophecy.
I'm also rereading Sara Shepard's Pretty LIttle Liars series because I'm apparently a reading masochist. (Not a big fan.) So I'm on book six, Killer.
Also on my docket is Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, another reread.
Finally, there's Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead, third book in the Vampire Academy series. The only one on this list that I'm reading for the first time. XD

Killing England, by Bill O'Reilly.

A fantastic book about the events leading up, during, and after the revolutionary war.

Wide Open by Larry Bjornson, a western based around the town of Abilene, Kansas in 1871 (a town I've been to and that's where I got the book).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back