Literature What are you reading at the moment?

The Girl Who Fell from the Sky by Heidi Durrow
^ I finished this over the weekend and let me just say, wow! What a tragic story, it had me gripped from page one. Definitely recommend!

Now, I'm reading Deeply Odd, the 6th book in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. I started it back in 2016 or so, and honestly, each new book was less interesting than the last. Loved the first one, but I feel they went downhill quickly. So I got bored and set them aside. I was looking through my reading list the other day, and realized I had given up on the series with only two books left, and I kind of hated that I had done that. I'm back into it now, trying to finish the series with a fresh view. *fingers crossed*

I have a few I'm reading, I've been trying to get into reading more. On that note, if anyone has any book recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

Rereading:
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Eleanor and Park

I've also picked up a few new books:
- Beautiful Darkness
- Wolf Rain
- The Haunted, The Hollow, The Hidden (series)
- Night Circus

Ok, took a small detour from my other books and started reading On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous and Night Sky With Exit Wounds by Ocean Vuong who is an amazing poet, and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It's just-god, it's so good.

Last edited:
May I introduce to you the glory of the Cosmere? I'm re-reading Warbreaker at the moment. Ask me if you want more details, it's pretty great honestly.
Otherwise, I've been mostly reading Manhuas recently. I'm big into the slice-of-life "Villainess does X" or "The duchess will X". It's like fast-food, but with my newborn I'm glad to have something easy to read, hah.

Just started reading Call Me By Your Name, the movie has always been an absolute heart breaker for me and one of my favorites so I'm excited to see where the book, especially the sequel, takes the characters.

Fully expect to cry at the end of it too, just like the movie. 😅

May I introduce to you the glory of the Cosmere? I'm re-reading Warbreaker at the moment. Ask me if you want more details, it's pretty great honestly.
Otherwise, I've been mostly reading Manhuas recently. I'm big into the slice-of-life "Villainess does X" or "The duchess will X". It's like fast-food, but with my newborn I'm glad to have something easy to read, hah.
This is like, seven days late, but did I hear someone mention something about the stormlight archives??

Finished most of my books except for the Mirror Season-ended up pushing that to the side for later. Not really feeling like reading it right now! Currently reading The Priory of The Orange Tree, Five Victorian Ghost Novels, Binti, as well as New Spring!

Finished most of my books except for the Mirror Season-ended up pushing that to the side for later. Not really feeling like reading it right now! Currently reading The Priory of The Orange Tree, Five Victorian Ghost Novels, Binti, as well as New Spring!

How are you finding The Priory of the Orange Tree?

Recently finished Daisy Jones and The Six! Would love to roleplay something similar to this story. It was a quick read, and I'd definitely recommend the audiobook for this one. (I started with audio and finished with the ebook.)

Currently reading City of Dusk. It's a new release and a pretty dense fantasy. This one's going pretty slow for me, but one of the characters seems to fit an archetype I often enjoy, so I'm looking forward to reading more about her. The magic so far has been intriguing. Abilities differ widely among the cast which makes me eagerly anticipate the more magic-heavy scenes.

Currently rereading The Secret Garden and the first Percy Jackson book. Both quick and easy reads, but I'm taking my time with them because they're nostalgic and comforting. I pick these up when I've had a long day.

Currently listening to the Project Hail Mary audiobook. The narrator for this is great. I would also recommend the audiobook format for this story. In my opinion, the narration makes the book more digestable; I think if I'd gone for the physical copy, I would've put the book down after the first few pages. The prose isn't my favourite but the set up has been interesting enough to make me want to continue reading.

I'm rereading The Hunger Games (first book)! It's such a good series, but Mockingjay drags on a lot. I like it, but it's boring, so I haven't finished it. I love the first book though! Particularly the food descriptions. I love reading the moment when Gale and Katniss are eating berries and the bread covered with cheese. It's amazing.

Stephen Fry's "Making History." I would never read it, if it weren't for my caretaker forcing it upon me.

mainly this

Nelson, M: Creative World Building and Creature Design: A Guide to Developing Mythic Worlds and Legendary Creatures

I'm currently on a comic binge, reading every Moon Knight series I can find!

It's been a while since the last novel I read. I think it was Empire of Ivory from the Temeraire series that I was last reading. I tend to binge-read, so I'll read a lot of one series or from one author before I take a long break.

I also end up re-reading books quite a bit. Sometimes I just get the urge to read a particular passage or favorite scene and then I end up re-reading the entire series XD. Probably also because I read things very fast, so sometimes I want to go back to process things properly. Or I've stopped in the middle of a binge, get confused about what was happening and have to start over!

I'm rereading The Hunger Games (first book)! It's such a good series, but Mockingjay drags on a lot. I like it, but it's boring, so I haven't finished it. I love the first book though! Particularly the food descriptions. I love reading the moment when Gale and Katniss are eating berries and the bread covered with cheese. It's amazing.
Reminds me of every time I reread Dante's Divine Comedy. Love Inferno, enjoyed Purgatorio, but Paradisio ended up boring me have of the time due to the pacing. Still enjoy the entire series though.

not a book, but i just finished reading this short story ("you are born exploding" by rich larson) and i really enjoyed it

as far as books, I'm currently reading an anthology of 20th-century japanese poetry, like underground water. it's great! it is on the internet archive if anyone is interested

Been reading the Locked Tomb aka Gideon and Harrowhark. It's a really good series about Necromancers in Space!
But also the Blade Itself series, that's also good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back