Literature What are you reading at the moment?

i recently snagged a copy of jane eyre by charlotte bronte at the thrift for like .99 and i just started it! so far i'm liking it.
also i'm staring appalachia: a history by john williams and historic preservation: an introduction to its history, principles, and practices. both are required for classes i'm taking but if appalachia or historic preservation are your thing, i've just started and they aren't bad.

I just finished Iron Gold by Pierce Brown. I've been reading the entire series of Red Rising back to back and I'm now just going to start the latest book in the series (Dark Age). Fuck this story just fucking hits me where it hurts. It's so good but it's definitely frustrating lol.

Jumping on the Red Rising train, I just finished the first book of that series. Definitely invested and will be reading the next!

currently reading the entire attack on titan manga (found the entire colossal edition manga at my local library) and i'm reading harry potter sorcerer's stone for the first time! i also have the fnaf series on a backburners right now as i cycle through fixations.

aside from fandom books, i was reading a book about the toxins used in paints that were used on dials and watches in the 1920s and how it killed many women. its a shame i forgot the name of it!! it was turning out really good

I'm at the halfway mark of Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and so far my main takeaways from it are:

1.) it's well written and enjoyable
2.) it also reads like adult fiction that had all the characters aged down in revision to market as YA because none of them act like teenagers and have ludicrous skillsets for their ages

The Legend of Drizzt, Book II: Exile, by R.A. Salvatore.

The Wheel of Time. After watching the first season, I was curious enough to get the book.

After finishing Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama some time ago I immediately jumped into Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, and it's just as good as I had hoped so far!

I've also got some books that I didn't finish reading to completion and am still working through them.

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien
Solaris - Stanisław Lem

I juggle these around quite often, but I am determined to finish Solaris now while I read Foundation alongside it.

I'm after starting the Shahnameh or the Book of Kings, written by Abolqasem Ferdowsi, the great national epic of Iran.

It's the last of the big pile of books I had gotten for Christmas so I'm looking forward to it! :closed eyes open smile:

Frontline Ukraine: Crisis in the Borderlands between Russia and the European Union. A swedish book about exactly what it says, written by Richard Sakawa.

Last edited:
i am currently reading The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls! it's pretty good so far, and it has definitely fueled my obsession for asylum-based things!

i'm currently treading through the when they cry series... all of it >:^) doing it out of order though, read ciconia first, halfway through umineko, and am considering reading higurashi concurrently because i'm in love with ryukishi07's writings

Last edited:
The Twilight series 😅 I'm currently about halfway through Breaking Dawn

I never read them when they were first released because "*eyeroll* so dumb", but I've seen the movies a few times, and thought... Why not? I know they get a lot of hate, and I was one of them, but... they aren't half bad?

shrug

I'm currently reading Emergency Contact by Mary H. K. Choi
I'm an adult that loves YA romance 😅

kingdom of the wicked -- only about 1/4 of the way in but its good so far! went through a huge reading slump and just in general in life slump and i'm trying to get back into reading.

Currently been going through a period where every book I read either takes a day or several weeks, no in between. I've been finishing up the These Violent Delights series by Chloe Gong and I'm on the second book of the Broken Earth trilogy by NK Jemison (both of which are excellent series. Just look out for the trigger warnings, especially with the Broken Earth trilogy). I've also been reading Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo, which has some pretty top notch poetry. Also, the drama is just scrumptious. Just started The Mirror Season by Anne-Marie McLemore, which has been pretty interesting so far. It's kinda funny, considering I wasn't really the biggest fan of her writing when I was younger but I very much enjoy it now. But that's just how it goes, I suppose. Re-reading Macbeth and Frankenstein, and am having a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back