Literature what are you currently reading?

I guess this isn't exactly current, but just the other day I finished knocking out Brandon Sanderson's Reckoners Trilogy. It was nice little romp. Not his best, but fun.

Cenedra said:
Hey there, I've been wanting to get into Lovecraftian Horror. What in your opinion is the best aspect of his stories?
Ooh, I'm a huge H.P. fan! If I may butt in, I think his best work is probably The Colour out of Space, it captures the essence of his writing perfectly. I'm also fond of The Dunwich Horror and The Whisperer in the Darkness. The Shadow over Innsmouth is a worthy read, too.

Frozen Charlotte.

It's pretty creepy and I love it for that, but kinda cliche as well. After 80 pages of creepy little dolls and 10-year olds drawing pictures of dead families at the dinner table, I'm not really feeling it anymore.

Elaraal said:
Ooh, I'm a huge H.P. fan! If I may butt in, I think his best work is probably The Colour out of Space, it captures the essence of his writing perfectly. I'm also fond of The Dunwich Horror and The Whisperer in the Darkness. The Shadow over Innsmouth is a worthy read, too.
Thankyou!

This is definitely an oddball for me to read, but I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. I'm trying to zoom through the classics, since War and Peace was the only one I've actually read, hah. e.e

I have been reading The Hunger Games Trilogy for a class in college. It's kind of nice to look at it in a new way other than the first few times I read it. This way I really have to think about what is going on in the characters heads. It's interesting

ChronicAsphyxiation said:
Mistborn: The Final Empire. Great book so far and I've heard great, great things about the trilogy.
It is amazing! Brandon Sanderson is my favorite right now.

I also would recommend The Warbreaker that one was excellent. But right now I'm reading the Stormlight Archives.

I'm just about to start "Don't Tell My Parents I Have Minions". It's the third book in I its series and the first two are quite good.

Castle91 said:
Without Remorse by Tom Clancy. It is probably one of my most favorite books by him.
My fav of his is Executive Orders. I wore out two copies of that in paperback before I got my Kindle.

Sherwood said:
My fav of his is Executive Orders. I wore out two copies of that in paperback before I got my Kindle.
Yeah that one is up there as one of his better works.

My personal top five Tom Clancy novels.

1. Without Remorse
  2. Rainbow Six
  3. Executive Orders
  4. The Bear and the Dragon
  5. Threat Vector

SunshineZombies7 said:
It is amazing! Brandon Sanderson is my favorite right now.
I also would recommend The Warbreaker that one was excellent. But right now I'm reading the Stormlight Archives.
SANDERSON FANS. *head explodes.* Haha, not quite, but it is nice to see others that enjoy his work. I think I've read most of what he's written so far.

I am currently reading the Drizzt Do' Urden series and I love every bit of it because if follows a fantasy character born into a society that comes to as close to evil as one can get...and he turns into a good person...not a so so person, or a perfect person, but and honest, wise, good, person who has morals despite the traumatic experiences he goes through and the tough decisions he has to make. So far it has a happy ending which is the best part...many of the good guys these days die off for some great cause...this one not only kicks but and is a honestly good guy but also survives it. (As far as I have gotten at least.) The fact that this story is about a dark elf and is fantasy means that it can touch on racism, good, evil and other moral discussions with little to no offence to any given party. (At leas that I can tell.) It is my favorite series. :) I recommend it!

I've been reading Worm, a web serial by Wildbow which can be found here Table of Contents. It's a great superhero story where the heroes aren't all heroic and the villains sometimes aren't all that villainous. So far its been a great read, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good superpower story, but is sick of the generic do good hero. However, it is very long, like the entire Song of Ice and Fire series long.

The Wheel of Time! It's an amazing series, currently on the sixth book and I'm loving every moment of it! Quite sad to realize I'll have to finish it eventually :'( The Wheel of Time is a great Fantasy with a well done magic system, interesting plot line and badass moments and plot twists that keep the reader enthralled. In my opinion the book is a direct contender with the Lord of the Rings series.

Last edited by a moderator:
That series almost didn't get finished. When Robert Jordan died, the last few books were finished by Brian Sanderson. It was a very enjoyable read.

Sherwood said:
That series almost didn't get finished. When Robert Jordan died, the last few books were finished by Brian Sanderson. It was a very enjoyable read.
I heard :( I'm absolutely shattered, but I'm so happy that Brian Sanderson finished the series for him! I feel as if the series would make a great TV adaption!

To be honest I am not all that into Tolkien or other older fantasy authors. Don't get me wrong, the Hobbit was the book that got me into reading, but I probably won't ever go back and reread any of Tolkien's work again.

I have to be in the mood for The Lord Of The Rings before I can read that series. No matter what you may think about the series, Tolkien has inspired so many good authors with his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back