Literature what are you currently reading?

He pretty much established the fantasy genre with his books. I give him the respect he deserves as every fantasy authors great grandpa, but other than that I leave it be.

@Trickster314 I started to read Worm when I saw your post, and it's really well written and I love it to bits! I haven't gotten very far, though. I'm really enjoying it!

Trickster314 said:
Table of Contents[/url]. It's a great superhero story where the heroes aren't all heroic and the villains sometimes aren't all that villainous. So far its been a great read, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good superpower story, but is sick of the generic do good hero. However, it is very long, like the entire Song of Ice and Fire series long.
Oh god, oh god, wORM IS MY LIFE

@jellystone

It gets better, that I can guarantee. Although it can be good to take some breaks while reading as one can get burned out by reading too much of it in one setting. The way that Wildbow writes keeps you on the edge of your seat all the time and that can get tasking. I've found that leaving it for a little bit and going back makes it more enjoyable.

One great series that I heartily recommend is Marion Harmon's Wearing the Cape. It had five books in it so far, and it is one of the best superhero book series that I have ever read. Check it out. You'll love it.

Another book that takes a different look at the superhero genre is Confessions of a D-list Supervilian by Jim Berinheimer.

I'm currently reading Mad in America by Robert Whitaker. A patient of mine recommended on a night shift. I haven't been able to read any fiction for a while and cant see myself reading any in the near future (read: stressed RMN student), but this is as close as reading for pleasure gets for me!

I'm currently reading Insomnia by Stephen King.. It's great so far.. xD

I am also reading The Collected Poetry of Edgar Allen Poe.. It's kinda hard to read because of the old English, but it's pretty cool..

Later I'm gonna read The Complete Collection of H. P. Lovecraft.. It's huuugeee~! Though I have already read some short stories like The Call Of Cthulhu and The Dunwich Horror.. I'm really excited to read all of them in the order they were written.. ^-^

[QUOTE="Rassilon Alpha]The Book of Romans. Before that, Star Wars: Lost Stars

[/QUOTE]
Man , lost stars is the one NuCanon book I still need to read.

I'm currently reading 'The turn of the screw' by Henry James for one of my university courses. It's an interesting read, if nothing else. :P

Psithurism said:
I am reading Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card.
Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet

and a few other I do not remember.
*silent scream* Oh my gosh, that was LITERALLY my next read. How was it? ^-^

Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody, Michael Gerber.

Also, just curious, has anyone read The Bees by Laline Paul? I loved that one.

Avity said:
*silent scream* Oh my gosh, that was LITERALLY my next read. How was it? ^-^
Its was very complex. And mostly indirect characterization. As a reader you had to infer a lot to understand what was going on. But personally one of my favorite books. I just need to get the second.

Psithurism said:
Its was very complex. And mostly indirect characterization. As a reader you had to infer a lot to understand what was going on. But personally one of my favorite books. I just need to get the second.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the feedback~ I can barely wait to start now!

Currently reading Glamorous Illusions by Lisa T. Bregren. Its pretty interesting! Small town girl gets pulled into higher class life.

TaterMcTopHat said:
Currently reading Glamorous Illusions by Lisa T. Bregren. Its pretty interesting! Small town girl gets pulled into higher class life.
Have you ever read Pawn by Aimee Carter? Pretty much the same concept, compared to the overview of the book you gave. ^-^

TaterMcTopHat said:
I haven't, but I'll put it on my list! Thanks! =D
Sure thing! It wasn't spectacular in my opinion, but it dulled my boredom for a day :]

Totes reading Skulduggery Pleasant: Deathbringer by Derek Landry

Loved this series since middle school and it has taken me like 6 years to finally get around to ordering the other books from the UK.

Got them like two weeks ago and its the best feeling ever.

Currently rereading the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher while I wait for the second Iron Druid Chronicles book to arrive at my local linrary. Gotta thank @Grin for suggesting that to me. The first book was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back