Literature what are you currently reading?

vivi wannabe

trying to get Laurent Stocker's attention
howdy~! just a casual thread for everyone to mention what they're currently reading, their thoughts on it, etc~

--

I'm currently reading
Sabrina by Samuel A. Taylor. I'm really enjoying it~

Mistborn: The Final Empire. Great book so far and I've heard great, great things about the trilogy.

I'm reading some slightly old-school horror by H.P Lovecraft; The good ol Necronomicon.

Tons of weird short stories stuffed into one book, which I absolutely adore. <3

Sloooowly making my way through the Wheel of Time series because at one point last year I was in a Mood for overwrought doorstopper epic fantasy, realized I hadn't read the series, and impulse ordered the whole dang thing from ebay since my local library system only had a few of the books.

I probably would have absolutely devoured it about 15 years ago but as it is now I'm still enjoying it even with some of the iffier aspects. Though when I say slowly I mean slowly, I'm still only on the second book since I took a very long break after finishing the first last summer. I don't read as much as I used to as I don't really have a space I can just curl up and spend a couple hours in and kind of get into a reading trance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guns, Germs, and Steel and a bit of Tao Te Ching. I've had a minimal interest in history for most of my life but it's often hard to put down GGS.

I am currently reading City of Ashes the second book of The Immortal Instruments.

Vampiress said:
I am currently reading City of Ashes the second book of The Immortal Instruments.
I've heard the books are much better than the movies as is often the case. Is it with TII?

Atreus said:
I've heard the books are much better than the movies as is often the case. Is it with TII?
Well City of Bones was better book wise and so far that is the only TII book that has a movie.

Finally finished the oracle of stamboul. So it's either the railroad by Hamid ismailov or republic of imagination by azar Nafisi.

M0N0 said:
reading some slightly old-school horror by H.P Lovecraft; The good ol Necronomicon.
Tons of weird short stories stuffed into one book, which I absolutely adore. <3
Same! Necronomicon was excellent. It has some of his best stories. I'm actually reading the second compilation Eldritch Tales. It's not quite as good but still very enjoyable.

Also, I'm reading Faust by Goethe.

I am reading Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card.

Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet

and a few other I do not remember.

Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller and Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer.

I'm reading the Divergent series right now. I'm currently on the second book, Insurgent. The books are fantastic! I'm 24 and I'm fangirling over them, haha.

Halo: Fall of Reach. Great book that actually predates the game itself.

A Song of Ice & Fire.

I giggled like a schoolgirl during the Red Wedding in the TV show, watching my friends gasp and cry.

Then Shireen died and I was screaming at the TV screen for like 10 minutes after the episode ended.

On my second read through of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

...Because it basically is my fangirl life in a nutshell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back