TV & Film What are the most cancerous fandoms you have ever seen?

ITT: My fandoms.

I will say... as a proud Tumblrite, I would like to put forth Dashcon as evidence of Tumblr's cancerousness.

Not necessarily cancerous, but the Markiplier/Jacksepticeye fandoms makes me gag and cringe at the same time.

Like, damn. Something about those two pisses me off.

Tachanka always stands by you
fookin laser sights
you too will stop worrying about grenades
I was mounted and loaded when nobody else was
fuze should stop killing the hostage
f9f.jpg

I'm probably the most cancerous person on RPN as the fandoms above I'm into.

Just don't mention Fnaf to me or you might get a gaping hole ripped into your stomach before I gut you like a pumpkin.

I have seen one truly destructive fan base. It has destroyed thousands of families and absorbed millions of unsuspecting souls. We call them...

...ROBLOX Die Hards.
Necro-reply; apparently I missed this.

If you go on a server in pretty much every game and watch and wait, you will come across one person intelligent enough to have a decent conversation with. Patience is a virtue.
But I agree kind of.
There are a lot of people just messing around who don't actually care, there's a lot of small children, and there's a lot of intelligent people. You just have to get lucky.

I don't think there's really any die-hard fans. There's people who feel obligated to mention that Roblox came around in 2006 and Minecraft was released in 2011, so no, we're not copying, but other than that... We can't really have inter-fandom fights when we're this kind of platform. Minecraft and a literal copy of us called Blox City are pretty much it.
But what we can do is have an in-fandom civil war over every single flipping update that comes out. And that's just funny tbh.
Week or months or even a year (Tix removal) and people are still salty. It took two weeks for everyone to stop complaining about the new logo... because they were talking about removing different avatar options.
It's just funny.

There is only one fandom that truly offends me. It is the tiny fandom of InuYasha. I am(shamefully) a part of this fandom. Any mention of Kikyo and the fandom erupts in autistic screeching. It's as though they don't even pay attention to the plot. Which, they probably don't. I can imagine the majority of InuYasha fans are only there for all the "shipping".
1.jpg

Often really good stuff have the most cancerous fandoms. Steven Universe, Undertale, famous youtubers, just to name a few.
Wish I knew a precise reason. Maybe because often the most cancerigenous people are the ones that talk louder, and then it feels like it's the entire fandom?
That or just simple imaturity. Once something starts to catch the eyes of the 11 year olds, it's bound to have some cancer flowing.

League of Legend, Dota2, Blizzard, WoW especially. Pretty much any online game that has a competition mode i remember old days with quake arena and first counter strike we would play with anyone and noone would get toxic when someone makes simple mistakes.

1 Roblox: I play on it, and it is full of immature people. Especially on the roleplay games.

2. Smash bros: that last smash bros direct.....Hooo boy, the cancer was REAL!

3 Fire Emblem: My favorite game by far, but many of the most immature fans I have seen came from here.

4 Overwatch: I am not even technically a fan of this since I have not played the game (tho I would like to) but i spent one day reading through its forum and got a red mark on my forehead from all the facepalms I did. (not literally, but, you know....)

1 Roblox: I play on it, and it is full of immature people. Especially on the roleplay games.
Roblox was exactly how I got into RPing, I only really now go on the website to play RP games such as the Ardennes Offensive RP (Although I am on the verge of quitting Roblox altogether since one particular admin does not like me for playing as a Gurkha at the RP, although absolutely no other admin before has had a problem with Gurkha's at Bulge and I have been the first and one of the only Gurkha's RPing there for about a year or two now)

Roblox was exactly how I got into RPing, I only really now go on the website to play RP games such as the Ardennes Offensive RP (Although I am on the verge of quitting Roblox altogether since one particular admin does not like me for playing as a Gurkha at the RP, although absolutely no other admin before has had a problem with Gurkha's at Bulge and I have been the first and one of the only Gurkha's RPing there for about a year or two now)
My sis still plays it for games though, I don't do it very much. I just try not to use chat to much.

However, it is very amusing when people misspell something when trying to correct someone's grammar.

Undertale. To be honest, I love the game, but the fanbase makes me want to grab a shotgun and hunt down everyone in its fanbase.

Wow! I thought I was the only one who roleplayed on roblox. (I still do, I have a group.) Good to know I'm not the only one.

the dan and phil fandom will forever be too incredibly cringy even if you like dan and phil you will slowly pull away from it because the fandom is way too disgusting

Any gaming community (which I guess you wouldn't call a fandom?). And then I'd have to say the fandom that killed my love of the show would have to be MLP.

The creepypasta fandom gives me a headache half of the time...Or at least the part that are only there for characters like Jeff The Killer and BEN Drowned who's creepiness factors are completely destroyed by fanfictions and fan art.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back