TV & Film What are the most cancerous fandoms you have ever seen?

Steven Universe. Look, I'm not too big on the show, but I'm okay with you liking whatever you like. But good lord, the Steven Universe fandom is just so toxic sometimes it's unbelievable.

Steven Universe. Look, I'm not too big on the show, but I'm okay with you liking whatever you like. But good lord, the Steven Universe fandom is just so toxic sometimes it's unbelievable.

Concept's okay, but from what I've seen it's a hotbed of cancer. I heard someone almost committed suicide just because her fanart character didn't match the body proportions of her base character.
I mean, is it really that hard to enjoy something casually or intellectually without sexualizing it and ruining it for everyone?

Either Undertale or Five Nights at Freddy's fandoms. Literally the most cancerous fanbase I have ever seen in my life. They've polluted the internet with shitty fanart and fanfics. Everywhere I go, there's an image of Undertale's retarded smiling skeleton who speaks in Comic Sans. Holy shit, those fandoms are even more cancerous than Call of Duty's fanbase.

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebod have their own fanbase, aka "Columbiners".

I mean, it's one thing to have a morbid fascination with Columbine or other mass shootings, but it's another to actually support and agree with everything they did.

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebod have their own fanbase, aka "Columbiners".

I mean, it's one thing to have a morbid fascination with Columbine or other mass shootings, but it's another to actually support and agree with everything they did.

"Eric Harris and Dylan Klebod have their own fanbase"

Either Undertale or Five Nights at Freddy's fandoms. Literally the most cancerous fanbase I have ever seen in my life. They've polluted the internet with shitty fanart and fanfics. Everywhere I go, there's an image of Undertale's retarded smiling skeleton who speaks in Comic Sans. Holy shit, those fandoms are even more cancerous than Call of Duty's fanbase.

I simply can't stand Undertale. It's fanbase is toxic, the game is probably playable on a commodore 64, and the game itself has a bunch of unignorable plotholes, not to mention how much I can't stand silent protagonists. As for FNAF, it's simply an interactive GIF and nothing else. What happened to. you know, unsettling music, setting, and a good plot? Not to mention, again, a character that has voice and is someone I could relate to?

Well, in my opinion, the most cancerous fandom doesn't really exist. Every fandom has that one person who:
  • writes bad fanfiction
  • draws r34 and/or fetish art
  • starts flame wars
  • is more toxic than poison
  • is just a plain old asshole
In the end, I don't really care about fandoms. Like whatever you like, folks. Just don't be an asshole.

Steven Universe, y'all. I love the show with everything I have, but the people that decided to come on over and ruin such a great show are just plain disgusting. Like anyone gives an f about those stupid, toxic fights and shipwars. I mean c'mon, just shut the hell up and enjoy betting when the new leaks will be out xD

I'll add to the pile and say Overwatch. Fandom of that game is absolutely
fd4.jpg

Character design is trash, gamemodes have been ripped straight from TF2. Yet there are OH MY JESUS LORD 42 DOCUMENTED TRASH MEMES ON OVERWATCH ACCORDING TO KYM, MEANWHILE R6S, A QUALITY MEME ITSELF HAS ONE MEME WHAT IS THIS

boyo fuck off with the Brony shit XD.
Is this heretical enough for you?
fd4.jpg

Character design is trash, gamemodes have been ripped straight from TF2. Yet there are OH MY JESUS LORD 42 DOCUMENTED TRASH MEMES ON OVERWATCH ACCORDING TO KYM, MEANWHILE R6S, A QUALITY MEME ITSELF HAS ONE MEME WHAT IS THIS

Samurai Jack has its moments since the new season. You are now considered a pedophile if you ship Jack with a grown ass woman by half of the Fandom.

Bendy and the ink machine and tattletail have surprisingly been gaining a bit of a fandom. They're like relapses of fnaf and undertale.
But relapses are normally worse than the original sickness.
So...
watch

fd4.jpg

The character designs are shit?
Harambe.
Egyptian iron man.
Gender bent medic.
Some 14 year old kid's old edgy oc.
See, plenty of great designs.

The character designs are shit?
Harambe.
Egyptian iron man.
Gender bent medic.
Some 14 year old kid's old edgy oc.
See, plenty of great designs.

Another thing I hate is forced diversity. Saying your character post launch is autistic is a good example, not to mention that one "british" lesbian chick. The first example offended me when I read about it. How can you show someone is autistic in a game primarily about shooting people with futurelazyfrankenguns?

My Top 10 Worst Fanbases:
  1. Furries. From bestiality in the ancient past to the grown men putting on fursuits in the postmodern age, this is the absolute pinnacle of pure, unadulterated cringe that has built its way up throughout the course of human history. I dare not speak of the horrors drawn in the depths of the internet, lest you undergo psychological trauma from being unable to comprehend the true form of this fandom. The furry fandom in general transcends beyond cancer.
  2. FNAF. I need not even explain how irredeemable this series, let alone its fanbase, is. This game reaches levels of cancer that shouldn't be possible. There's not even a hope of it slowly dying anytime soon either because its creator milks money out of sequels as much as he can. This is what separates it from Undertale.
  3. Steven Universe. A cesspool of SJW's, ultra-progressives, and hyper-militant fangirls (case in point: the suicide thing).
  4. Minions. There's a frikking Minions fanbase. Imagine the pure, unadulterated cancer of the Sonic fanbase during the 2000's and apply it now, and you have the cringy "art" and "OC's" for this "fandom".
  5. Undertale. Generally horrible fanbase for a decent enough game. Full of bad memes now, and rabid fanboys of this are higher than for most other series. I need not mention that part of the fanbase, either. Also, on a personal note of mine, they tend to wank the heck out of characters like Sans, Omega Flowey, Asriel, and Chara to no end for vs. debates. Unlike FNAF, though, at least the creator hasn't succumbed to sequelitis and prolonged the cancerous fanbase even more. As we type these words, the fanbase is diminishing more and more as people leave for other series.
  6. Homestuck. I can't see at all why people like this stuff. I've even steeled myself and tried to read some of it, but is just...bad. This fanbase is just one of those you usually tack on with the likes of FNAF and Undertale.
  7. Bendy and the Ink Machine/Tattletail. As Sunstone Sunstone mentioned, anything associated with FNAF or Undertale will have a bad fanbase.
  8. "PC Master Race." Half of the time, I can't tell whether it's a joke or not, and that's the worst part of it. Obnoxious and quick to whip out their "superiority," they'll go on and on about graphics as if that's the only thing that makes a good game. If you put something 1080p in front of me, I'm not going to complain. I've even had someone I know say that "multi-platform master race" is wrong when I mentioned it, asking me what consoles had that PC's didn't. I mentioned exclusives and some games that don't work best with a mouse and keyboard (arcade fighters), and he went, "but mah emulators." Name me an emulator that can flawlessly run current-gen Xbox One/PS4/Switch games or even last-gen games, and I might reconsider it.
  9. League of Legends. Overrated MOBA and a toxic fanbase beyond redemption. It doesn't help that people new to it will never be able to fully bridge the skill gap between them and the experts since they'll always be one step ahead, anyway.
  10. Call of Duty. Full of screaming little kids in multiplayer saying they did your mom last night or people in Zombies beating you down for not sinking dozens of hours into memorizing the maps and stuff and taking it way too seriously. The series itself is overrated and regarded too highly by its playerbase, of course, but with the release of Infinite Warfare, CoD might pull itself together and be less of a cash cow. Competitive is a joke, too, since multiplayer is very luck-based regarding where you spawn, who gets killstreaks first, etc.
Honourable Mention 1. CS:GO. Yes, Gaben's baby isn't safe from this list. The game itself is, in my opinion, overrated and a generic FPS. Ragers, cheaters, etc. are pretty prolific. The people bagging on others for not spending $2k on a freaking knife skin are cancerous, and I personally don't like anything in the competitive scene.

Honourable Mention 2. Competitive Smash Bros Melee. There's a huge aura of negativity and disdain for people playing anything besides Melee (PM/Smash 4).

Honorable Mention 3. Overwatch. The fanbase itself is pretty bad with how massively successful the game has become, and they're quick to compare it to TF2. Also, it's like Blizzard is trying to force diversity down people's throats or something, and besides that, it even seems like a tacked-on afterthought or some characters' only defining trait. The game itself is fun, though.

Honourable Mention 4 (& Knuckles). Sonic. This fanbase's historic infamy alone gets it very close to this list, and it still has some of those crusty, nasty leftovers from the whole 2000's decade left over, although it's improving slowly now. From terrible recolored OC's to bad self-insert fanfics to abysmally horrifying art to the game series itself (which still remains mediocre), this series has had a very bad history.

Honourable Mention 5. MLP: FiM. If you had asked me in 2012 what the most cancerous fanbase was, it would have been MLP. However, I almost forgot completely about bronies altogether until Sunstone showed up here on RPNation. The fanbase itself, as far as I know, has gotten a lot tamer and has stopped trying to spread it around like some sort of "animation gospel". Twilight Sparkle kind of reminds me of Patchouli Knowledge from Touhou in a superficial way, which is pretty cool, I guess. Eurobeat Odyssey did a couple of good songs for MLP, too, and his stuff is always good.

Last edited:
My brother plays Overwatch like Tony Montana snorts cocaine: he doesn't stop. Kept shooting me down every time I tried to criticize the game, to the visuals, to the character design, to the fact that PVE WAS RELEASED EITHER THIS OR LAST WEEK, meanwhile Rainbow Six: Siege (a far better, quality meme), has had PVE SINCE RELEASE AND DOES NOT FORCE DIVERSITY.

He dared me to write a 5 paragraph essay why it's so bad.

I'm on paragraph 1 already.

I love Overwatch to pieces, but I have to stop playing for stints at a time because of the harassment I get as a girl gamer. And not even going into some of the gay bashing I get if my girlfriend gets involved.

My brother plays Overwatch like Tony Montana snorts cocaine: he doesn't stop. Kept shooting me down every time I tried to criticize the game, to the visuals, to the character design, to the fact that PVE WAS RELEASED EITHER THIS OR LAST WEEK, meanwhile Rainbow Six: Siege (a far better, quality meme), has had PVE SINCE RELEASE AND DOES NOT FORCE DIVERSITY.

He dared me to write a 5 paragraph essay why it's so bad.

I'm on paragraph 1 already.
I do actually like overwatch (gameplay wise) but I agree the fan base is terrible.

I love Overwatch to pieces, but I have to stop playing for stints at a time because of the harassment I get as a girl gamer. And not even going into some of the gay bashing I get if my girlfriend gets involved.

Welcome to online multiplayer games.

You should try Rainbow Six Siege. It's infinitely better and will forever. shameless.advertising.exe
also I didn't know I was agreeble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back