Other What are some things you used to hate that you now enjoy?

Vegetable juice. Little me thought it was disgusting, but right now I could totally murder a can of V8. (Yes, it’s mainly tomato, but it’s got a lot of miscellaneous vegetable juices mixed in there.)

Last edited:
I used to hate guacamole, now I can't get enough of it when it presents itself.

I also used to hate the color Red because I used to associate it with negativity, anger, and rage. I mean i still do, but the color is a lot less hated.

I was a sheltered child so I had it in my head that things like Youtube were bad influences (like they scream and curse all the time and do stupid stuff). I mean... sometimes, yeah, but I watch Youtubers all the time now. Game Grumps and William Osman have to be two of my favorite channels.

Was definitely surprised to wake up and see all the comments on this thread!

I don't think I ever got into any shounen anime due to them being extremely overplayed where I live. 😅 Any reason why you started liking it?

We've all got a music group/genre we used to hate but now can't stop listening to. I've come to terms at this point that I like edgy songs and bands like Skillet and Set It Off myself. XD

Wish I had as much fortitude as you to like alcohol. I had a nightmare about getting drunk just last night. Was an experience to say the least. XD

I'm lowkey jealous of everyone who's drank eggnog at least at some point in this thread. We don't exactly have eggnog where I live and it's not really a staple here. Eggnog is a brand of sweet, cookie-like chips where I am. 😅

You've nailed my thoughts on Twilight...even though I still can't stand it as anything more than to meme about. Same with a lot of stories and

Sorry I forgot to reply to this. Basically I found a doujinshi as I was browsing deviantart and one of the characters in it caught my eye, so I decided to see where this character appears in the actual series and got into it that way. I'm glad I did because there's a lot of things to like. I even started appreciating things I used to hate like the weird and wacky character designs.

I feel like shonen manga can often be hard to get into because of how many chapters you sometimes need to read before the story finds its feet. I got into naruto originally in a similar way, but it was just by picking random episodes of the anime to watch on YouTube to find something that caught my attention.

I used to hate guacamole, now I can't get enough of it when it presents itself.

I'm with you there
I love guacamole now, but I hated avacados as a child

Other things I love now, that I hated back then was math, history, and writing books. I'm pumping out pages on wattpad like there's no tomorrow

Music. There was a time when I couldn't listen to music at all, I didn't enjoy it.

And now I'm learning to play two musical instruments and naturally listening to the songs played on them.

I used to be unbelievably annoyed by kale. Everyone wanted to put kale in my food, and I've hated it since I was a child. Little did I know that I didn't hate kale, I just hated how it had been prepared by my family. I'm married now, and all these years later I eat kale several times a week. My wife taught me how kale should be prepared, and now I make it myself just to have some leafy green veggies and a good source of extra vitamins. It's a super simple addition to any meal, and when it cooks down it actually gets kind of sweet and does a fantastic job of taking on flavor from what it's cooked with. I can honestly say that I am kale-converted!

Tomatoes. I hated them when I was younger and didn't like any form they came in aside from ketchup. I like them now, if it isn't on sandwiches.

Sports, especially football. Bayern Münich is the best football team in the world.

Popular music. Used to never listen to it, now I don't mind it so much.
Makeup and dresses, used to hate wearing them, now I wish I knew more about what makeups to use and which dresses to purchase.

Drawing: as a kid, if I was given a coloring book, I would throw it. Now, I'm on the hunt for a tablet, and art classes.
Writing: never was a huge writer as a kid, now I love writing out fantasy worlds, and neat villains.
Outdoors: self explanatory

Popular music, at one point I wanted to be super edgy and unique, so I declared that popular music sucked. Now I'm listening to Harry Styles lmfao.

One thing I recall disliking, can’t say hate cause im not sure if as a kid I truly hated it. But History was something I disliked growing up, learning about it in school could put me to sleep and felt like it was the same lessons and pieces of history each year being retold. (A little exaggerated admittedly) However since I’ve come to see history as a favored subject and more interesting to me then it was in school, just needed a better and more expansive way of teaching/learning history instead of the snooze inducing ways I had growing up.

Plus put history into rap battles and it’s one of the greatest things I’ve seen. (Epic rap battles of history is glorious)

This is going to sound absolutely weird, but the rainbow was one for me, especially in middle school. Now, I've graduated school, and I've summed up that rainbow-hatred I used to have to be internalized–homophobia, because I had discovered that I'm a raging lesbian who's repressed myself throughout highschool 😳😳💅

I'm sure I can't be the only one out there who did something like that, like what was I even thinking then smh

Creedence Clearwater Revival, first time I heard them I just thought, ‘oh boy another band of yellers, yahoo.’ then I listened to their actual album and fell in love with the everything they offered as a band, - granted I still usually skip that song. -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back