Experiences What are some old RPs that you think about/reread sometimes?

Cealen

★彡
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
for people who have been roleplaying for a while, there’s plenty of rps that we did when we were younger that we still can remember doing even today. even if you’re a newer roleplayer, you may have some that fell through or something that you still had a fun time when they happened. time to reminisce! what are some rps you remember doing in the past that you really enjoyed? are you able to reread them, or are they lost to time? would you “reboot”/“remake” the rp if you could?

for me, when i was around 14 i think, i was apart of this group rp on a different site which was about a group of highschoolers going to a halloween party only to be cursed into becoming what they dressed up as. it was so fun, and i still have memories of who i played, who was a character who went to the party in one of those cheap bed-sheet style ghost costume. we posted so much we hit a comment limit (this site we were rping on...wasn’t meant to be used for that... :-P), so we had to make a second season sort of thing for the rp. i still remember interacting a lot with 2 people, but there was definitely more people they just didn’t post as much as we did (there was no control over who got to post and when). sadly, i think a lot of posts get archived/insta deleted on that site past a certain year, so no way of ever getting to see that rp again, i believe :[. i also don't do group rps anymore, so no chance of me ever trying to revive this rp.

what about you guys? remember any fun plots?

My oldest rp threads are lost in time because the forums they were on got deleted. I probably would read them in they weren't lol

There are a couple 1x1 that I still remember very well. I think I was around 15-16 at that time. I even have fanart for them somewhere deep in my art folder lol Such art much cringe XD
I don't think I would want to reboot them exactly, because part of the fun depended on my rp partner (who was also a long term friend).
But I think fondly of the plots, no matter how cringey they were haha
And I actually would like to reboot one of the characters from there, but maybe in a different setting. It was fun to rp a villain lol
I guess I had an edgy phase and I liked to rp villains back then but haven't done that for a while.

There was also another 1x1 which was a spin off from a group rp XD Even though the rp threads no longer exist I have fanfiction about our characters! I read it sometimes to remind myself how I used to write before. XD

As for group rp, I don't do them anymore and while I remember some fun ones I definitely don't want to revisit the experience. They were in fandoms I'm no longer interested in, so not much I can do about that.

Honestly, When I was younger the go-to website at the time was chatzy. You would go through Omegle and add your interest then post your link with a short description before disconnecting and doing it all again. I was really into Hetalia for a while and I used to write as Nyotalia Italy when I had a group open. I had a pretty good bunch of friends. I'll never forget writing with a specific version of Russia. "Cinematic Ivan" I think? They were really into cinematography and I learned a great deal culturally from them. They really did their research and poured so much into all of their characters, I can only aspire to be just like them.

One RP with a close friend where it was just casual modern day with our OCs. There was one scene where one of my OCs was about to kill theirs at a festival but chickened out, re-occuring mannequin shopkeepers that were only human when you looked at them directly from a close range, Snake-Human brothers, Angels and reincarnation. I'm not quite sure when exactly it shifted from just three guys in a band and their manager to whatever the heck was going on late-game, but man it's fun to re-read. Due to personal tensions that got vented in the RP it went downhill and then ended abruptly but we started a new one with a clean slate and even MORE OCs so it ain't quite over yet!
It's a little silly and super casual but I enjoy it a lot ^u^
If they're reading this right now, can we pleaaaaaase have a scene where Mez talks to Ezra briefly in-spirit and it's depressing and everything okay thankyou

I was probably 16 at the time, roleplaying on a different website as well. My partner and I had crafted this "Runaway" Princess x Mercenary plot that I think about a lot.

Her character had been forced onto the throne after her mother died, but the people never liked her for some reason, and eventually someone rose up against her and basically threw her out. I'm pretty sure we decided to have her just be trying to survive when she met this mercenary (my character) who had been hired to kill her. We ended up throwing some romance in there as well. I would love to go back and read it all again, but I have no clue what my username or password was for the site. I'd 100% reboot it and maybe flip the roles if I had the chance. It was probably some of the best writing I had done at the time.

There is two roleplays I look back on.

When I was 13 to 17, my best friend and I would roleplay and then write down everything in notebooks so we never lost any information, (and they were passed back and forth during school), and sometimes we would add to them to give to the other for that night. I still have all the notebooks from this time, and despite them being really cringey and awkward at some points, it's nice to have them to help motivate me to start writing again and one day start roleplaying with someone again. ( I was on a hiatus from it for a while).

Another was an old roleplay from Virtual Space Amino. It was a basic slice of life, where my OC and my friend's OC started dating, (they were originally roommates). And they went on adventures together. I remember one scene in particular that I love going back to, is in the middle of the night some old lady pounded on the door, and when our characters opened it, the old lady gave them two puppies. Its a really silly and cute roleplay but at the time I needed something like that. I still have it on a word document, and I like to read it sometimes. And I know that it was only like 2-5 sentences at most per post, but honestly who cares. It was really cute and fun. ((If I ever go back to Amino, I wonder if that person would be cool with us resuming it.))

I played as a Lion named Talon Bloodlink, who, was basically a Mafia Leader of the MAU, (Mafia Assassination Unit), and he was incredibly flirtatious, gay and stubborn, (a lot like IRL me). I enjoyed playing him and being able to just not take bullshit.

Most roleplays with my s/o. We started roleplaying back in 2010 on IMVU and Facebook, and have since majorly improved on our writing, characters, and world-building. Our roleplays I hold incredibly dear to me, as it is the reason how we became friends and got to know each other better. I like to read them every now and then to get that nostalgic feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back