What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ygofan161 said:
I looked for years with few luck, It is hopeless because a lot of people will not rp with me.
Well do they say why they won't specifically ? Like they aren't interested in your fandom or their schedules don't line up with yours ?

Because those are things you can work with. If you only want to do fandoms with Yugioh you might try branching out into crossovers or make a alternate universe with a similar premise using original characters.

If it's a time schedule thing you might just let people know when your available and ask them for their own schedules.

If it's a manner of your posts specifically there are lots of tutorials in Tutorials that should help you work on making better posts.

Really the best thing you can do is just keep trying. This site has people at all skill levels so you might just try starting up a conversation with someone who has similar fandom interests and skill set.

They might not specifically be interested inYugioh but expanding your search perimeters will also increase your chances of finding someone.

Try making a search that lists all the manga/ anime ; tv shows ; books you've read and liked. Also just the general themes you like as well.

Maybe dueling monsters or people competing using card games

But either way as I've apsaid dint get discouraged. Just because you don't get a response right away doesn't mean no one is interested.

Heck it's Christmas people could vetpry well just be busy with their family now and will reply once the holidays are over.

readingraebow said:
Well do they say why they won't specifically ? Like they aren't interested in your fandom or their schedules don't line up with yours ?
Because those are things you can work with. If you only want to do fandoms with Yugioh you might try branching out into crossovers or make a alternate universe with a similar premise using original characters.

If it's a time schedule thing you might just let people know when your available and ask them for their own schedules.

If it's a manner of your posts specifically there are lots of tutorials in Tutorials that should help you work on making better posts.

Really the best thing you can do is just keep trying. This site has people at all skill levels so you might just try starting up a conversation with someone who has similar fandom interests and skill set.

They might not specifically be interested inYugioh but expanding your search perimeters will also increase your chances of finding someone.

Try making a search that lists all the manga/ anime ; tv shows ; books you've read and liked. Also just the general themes you like as well.

Maybe dueling monsters or people competing using card games

But either way as I've apsaid dint get discouraged. Just because you don't get a response right away doesn't mean no one is interested.

Heck it's Christmas people could vetpry well just be busy with their family now and will reply once the holidays are over.
I tried those, didn't worked. Nobody seems to like what I like. And telling me to look for something else is the same as giving up. I am not scrapping what I like.

ygofan161 said:
I tried those, didn't worked. Nobody seems to like what I like. And telling me to look for something else is the same as giving up. I am not scrapping what I like.
Well I mean other than keep looking there isn't much advice we can give you. You can't make people like your fandom so just hang in there and keep trying. If no one messages you and your set in your ways then you might just have to pick a different way to pass the time.

readingraebow said:
Well I mean other than keep looking there isn't much advice we can give you. You can't make people like your fandom so just hang in there and keep trying. If no one messages you and your set in your ways then you might just have to pick a different way to pass the time.
So you're basically telling me to give up? I am not going to give up my idea that I like so much.

ygofan161 said:
So you're basically telling me to give up? I am not going to give up my idea that I like so much.
No I'm telling you to be realistic. Instead of complaining about things not going the way you want just accept that your going to have to put in an effort in order to get what you want.

Sticking to a specific idea is fine but if that idea fits into a narrow niche then your just going to have to accept that there may not be anyone else who is interested. Or it will simply take a long time before you find someone to roleplay with.

It's not anything against you personal and everything to do with a limited demand for your idea.

readingraebow said:
No I'm telling you to be realistic. Instead of complaining about things not going the way you want just accept that your going to have to put in an effort in order to get what you want.
Sticking to a specific idea is fine but if that idea fits into a narrow niche then your just going to have to accept that there may not be anyone else who is interested. Or it will simply take a long time before you find someone to roleplay with.

It's not anything against you personal and everything to do with a limited demand for your idea.
It's pretty much saying give up to me. You are saying that nobody wants to rp my idea. It's another way of saying give up.

ygofan161 said:
It's pretty much saying give up to me. You are saying that nobody wants to rp my idea. It's another way of saying give up.
If that's how you want to look at it than that's you choice. I've given you advice on how to resolve your issue its up to you whether or not you take it.

readingraebow said:
If that's how you want to look at it than that's you choice. I've given you advice on how to resolve your issue its up to you whether or not you take it.
So that's it? You have no more advice for me. I am screwed rp wise?

Honestly, I think this guy is trolling, but in the event you're not I have something for you.

Yesterday I posted an RP in the "Dice" and "Furturistic" forums that I thought was going to be a slam dunk. I worked hard on the plot, technology, equipment, and the different classes, as well as the format for the presentation.

It got zilch for responses. After asking for some feedback, I found out that my post had some deficiencies and that the setting was uninteresting, making everything else fall short as well.

Some plots just don't take off man. Do what I did. Post your RP idea, plot, or setting and ask for feedback. And when you ask for feedback, don't get defensive and offended by negative responses. You might just learn why no one likes your idea, be able to correct it, and then poof . You'll have added that missing piece to the puzzle and will have created an enjoyable RP that people want to dive into.

I'll even be willing to get you started. Link the introduction to your RP, I'll read it, and if I find something I don't particularly find attractive I'll let you know.

Church418 said:
Honestly, I think this guy is trolling, but in the event you're not I have something for you.
Yesterday I posted an RP in the "Dice" and "Furturistic" forums that I thought was going to be a slam dunk. I worked hard on the plot, technology, equipment, and the different classes, as well as the format for the presentation.

It got zilch for responses. After asking for some feedback, I found out that my post had some deficiencies and that the setting was uninteresting, making everything else fall short as well.

Some plots just don't take off man. Do what I did. Post your RP idea, plot, or setting and ask for feedback. And when you ask for feedback, don't get defensive and offended by negative responses. You might just learn why no one likes your idea, be able to correct it, and then poof . You'll have added that missing piece to the puzzle and will have created an enjoyable RP that people want to dive into.

I'll even be willing to get you started. Link the introduction to your RP, I'll read it, and if I find something I don't particularly find attractive I'll let you know.
I honestly take offense that I am being called a troll for what has happened. I clearly stated the truth about what has happened. I was not trolling, nor I ever had any intention of trolling.

I posted an rp ad with the characters I was after, and it got no response. I would explain my idea to the person after they accept it.

I can note you the idea, but I doubt anyone would be interested.

ygofan161 said:
I honestly take offense that I am being called a troll for what has happened. I clearly stated the truth about what has happened. I was not trolling, nor I ever had any intention of trolling.
I posted an rp ad with the characters I was after, and it got no response. I would explain my idea to the person after they accept it.

I can note you the idea, but I doubt anyone would be interested.
The self-pity behavior you're displaying is why you were called a troll. That and the fact that you keep dismissing everyone's advise under the excuse that you're being told to "give up on your idea" (without ever expalining how on Earth you got that conclusion).

Stop complaining. You have a problem everyone has, and like everyone too, you tried to solve it. It didn't work out, as with most of us. Now you're annoyed. Upset. We get it. But that's no reason to keep bumping this thread.

I bet you barely tried an tenth of RPN's members. There are 781, last I checked. Out of these, you want to find a roleplay that is not requiring the usual fandom's needs (having seen and enjoyed), but are demanding one that is particularly tricky to roleplay. And on top of that, you have this "idea" that you absolutely won't let go. The odds say that maybe two people on site will want to to with you, that. You can't demand miracles, so stop complaining when they don't happen.

I acknowledge that you are honestly offended and I'm not sorry.

On this site you posted it? Because the only postings I see from you on your profile is what you've done here, granted, I might have missed something.

For any other questions or advice, I'll refer you to my friend Shia.

images6ZEE6d60.jpg

Idea said:
The self-pity behavior you're displaying is why you were called a troll. That and the fact that you keep dismissing everyone's advise under the excuse that you're being told to "give up on your idea" (without ever expalining how on Earth you got that conclusion).
Stop complaining. You have a problem everyone has, and like everyone too, you tried to solve it. It didn't work out, as with most of us. Now you're annoyed. Upset. We get it. But that's no reason to keep bumping this thread.

I bet you barely tried an tenth of RPN's members. There are 781, last I checked. Out of these, you want to find a roleplay that is not requiring the usual fandom's needs (having seen and enjoyed), but are demanding one that is particularly tricky to roleplay. And on top of that, you have this "idea" that you absolutely won't let go. The odds say that maybe two people on site will want to to with you, that. You can't demand miracles, so stop complaining when they don't happen.
Well for starters, I am a victim of being abandoned by those I trusted. Yes, I understand that other people have experience it, and of am sorry to hear that.

No offense, but telling me that not much people will rp my idea makes me feel worse. It's like me telling you not to bother look for anyone to rp with.

Particularly tricky to rp? You don't even know my idea, that is assumption. It is not fair to tell anyone to let go of their ideas.

Sorry, it had been a stressful time.

ygofan161 said:
Well for starters, I am a victim of being abandoned by those I trusted. Yes, I understand that other people have experience it, and of am sorry to hear that.
No offense, but telling me that not much people will rp my idea makes me feel worse. It's like me telling you not to bother look for anyone to rp with.

Particularly tricky to rp? You don't even know my idea, that is assumption. It is not fair to tell anyone to let go of their ideas.

Sorry, it had been a stressful time.
No one here is telling you to give up. All everyone is saying is that there is no way to force people to reply to things. If people drop out of the rp and vanish off the face of he earth, there is nothing anyone here can do about it. There are no rules that require people to reply to things and although it is rude to just leave, again, there is no way to prevent it from happening.

This thread is labeled an "Opinion" thread. That means that when you created it, you were asking people for their opinions and they have been giving them. It is rude for you to ask for opinions and then become defensive at every opinion offered.

DaughterofAthena said:
No one here is telling you to give up. All everyone is saying is that there is no way to force people to reply to things. If people drop out of the rp and vanish off the face of he earth, there is nothing anyone here can do about it. There are no rules that require people to reply to things and although it is rude to just leave, again, there is no way to prevent it from happening.
This thread is labeled an "Opinion" thread. That means that when you created it, you were asking people for their opinions and they have been giving them. It is rude for you to ask for opinions and then become defensive at every opinion offered.
Sorry, to has been a stressful time. I haven't found anyone to rp with, and people telling me that there is no one else to rp, even though I haven't explained my idea, makes me upset.

I just really need help finding others, but I don't know how to find any. Ot would be nice if someone could lend in a hand. Not advice wise, but to lend in a had to help me,

ygofan161 said:
Sorry, to has been a stressful time. I haven't found anyone to rp with, and people telling me that there is no one else to rp, even though I haven't explained my idea, makes me upset.
I just really need help finding others, but I don't know how to find any. Ot would be nice if someone could lend in a hand. Not advice wise, but to lend in a had to help me,
Well, I looked over the interest check you posted and I think it might help to post the general idea itself. Currently, from what I saw, you only list the characters you would want a person to play. That doesn't do much to catch anyone's interest. Maybe try explaining what the actual plot would be if they picked certain characters to play might help.

Another suggestion I would offer is describe what kind of roleplayer you are looking for.

Do you want someone who can post multiple times in one day or is posting once a day or even once a week ok? Are you looking for someone who writes short posts or are you seeking a detailed rp partner who can write up to multiple pages in a document? How detailed and frequent do you expect replies to be?

ygofan161 said:
I said the fandom is tricky to rp, not the idea. Yugioh is a game-based show, and those are very, very complicated to get right to an rp, by my experience.

The only thing I said regarding the idea is that it is specific and that you do not wish to let go of it. Think of it as chairs. Finding a chair is easy. Finding red and blue chair is a bit trickier. Finding a red and blue chair that floats is extremly difficult, if at all possible. The same way, finding rpers is easy, finding rpers for a particular fandom is a bit trickier, and finding rpers for a given idea within a certain fandom is very difficult. For that reason, expecting to successful right away or complaining about a few setbacks is borderline stressing for everyone else who's had similar experiences.

DaughterofAthena said:
Well, I looked over the interest check you posted and I think it might help to post the general idea itself. Currently, from what I saw, you only list the characters you would want a person to play. That doesn't do much to catch anyone's interest. Maybe try explaining what the actual plot would be if they picked certain characters to play might help.
The characters that the person would choose would differ the idea. Mokuba is the only one I am after that an idea of mine features a story.

Idea said:
I said the fandom is tricky to rp, not the idea. Yugioh is a game-based show, and those are very, very complicated to get right to an rp, by my experience.
The only thing I said regarding the idea is that it is specific and that you do not wish to let go of it. Think of it as chairs. Finding a chair is easy. Finding red and blue chair is a bit trickier. Finding a red and blue chair that floats is extremly difficult, if at all possible. The same way, finding rpers is easy, finding rpers for a particular fandom is a bit trickier, and finding rpers for a given idea within a certain fandom is very difficult. For that reason, expecting to successful right away or complaining about a few setbacks is borderline stressing for everyone else who's had similar experiences.
I am after the characters, not the game. I understand the game is too complex to do. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ygofan161 said:
The characters that the person would choose would differ the idea. Mokuba is the only one I am after that an idea of mine features a story.
Maybe this is your problem. Some people prefer a) original characters in a Fandom setting or b) more choice in role or characterisation. If you are asking other players to RP in an exact fashion to fit your idea, then you are limiting their creativity and potentially reducing the fun value for them.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]Maybe this is your problem. Some people prefer a) original characters in a Fandom setting or b) more choice in role or characterisation. If you are asking other players to RP in an exact fashion to fit your idea, then you are limiting their creativity and potentially reducing the fun value for them.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
With all due respect, I've tried a lot of websites, while I have had little luck, there were those who agreed to rp it, until they dispeared without a word. Besides, how can that be the problem if no one has answered my rp ad?

ygofan161 said:
With all due respect, I've tried a lot of websites, while I have had little luck, there were those who agreed to rp it, until they dispeared without a word. Besides, how can that be the problem if no one has answered my rp ad?
I believe what the Captain was trying to say is simply that on this site it might be difficult to find people that will just play a canon in a premades idea.

So maybe instead of asking people to just play specific characters give an idea of the story your looking for and let them pick their characters out for themselves.

I know it's easier to find people to play fandoms in general than characters specifically. Although if your looking for specific pairings you might list them and whether or not your looking for romance or platonic roleplays.

readingraebow said:
I believe what the Captain was trying to say is simply that on this site it might be difficult to find people that will just play a canon in a premades idea.
So maybe instead of asking people to just play specific characters give an idea of the story your looking for and let them pick their characters out for themselves.

I know it's easier to find people to play fandoms in general than characters specifically. Although if your looking for specific pairings you might list them and whether or not your looking for romance or platonic roleplays.
Sorry, but the character I am after is what I am interested in. Besides, I tried that method before, it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back