• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Samantha motioned towards Angelina, ignoring her whines as she tried to grab her glasses. "He's very sweet and handsome. Almost perfect, even. And I've loved him for a long while, although I'm not if he likes me back. Or if he's even interested. That s why I'm meeting at his local animal shelter, so I can help him out whilst asking him about... asking him out. Now, Sam, can I please have my glasses back? You know I can't see anything without them". With a sarcastic sigh, Sam returned her glasses before rubbing her back quite seriously.
"If thjngs don't go right, don't feel like it's the end. I went through many guys before I met Ryan. And that was by accident".

Dak Dak

"Junior." SJ said, not all that concerned about the age difference. SJ could even get behind a younger kid. Maybe they would be less likely to be...well...the way kids were. Start em young, but if you got to them when they were littler than than, you could shape them...now that seemed wrong. SJ shook their head, stepping back. "Now we got to get out of here, skedaddle before anyone comes by. Rule two of being awesome." SJ said with a confidence that was definitely a show. SJ had done their share of graffiti, but they were by no means a master. They wouldn't have identified as a tagger or even a rebel. They were just...trying to live.

SJ took a few pictures of the sign and started walking down the hall, glancing back to encourage the girl to join them. "What's your name?" they asked. "I'm SJ, if you wanted to know." SJ. It was a good mysterious type name, which was part of the reason SJ had resolved never to tell anyone what it actually stood for. They thought it would be more more fun to make up something different every time.

Winona Winona

Wendy kept her pace brisk, soon hearing footsteps advance for her. She walked faster, yet the footsteps got closer. Then someone started talking, commenting on her fatigued appearance and enlightening her with obvious solutions that she'd exhausted or didn't have time for. She huffed before speeding up, resulting in her stumbling and dropping her books again. Looking ready to break down, her head snapped to this stranger. "Don't want any help" She hissed, knowing he'd offer help, gathering up her books and strolling through into the ladies. She was going to go have lunch, but, now, this stranger had irritated her and she needed to calm down. That's what she kept thinking, until she leant against the sink, staring at herself in the mirror, starting to cry.

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Well, that was not what Mason had planned. Awkwardly, he looked around to make sure no one had seen that, then he rolled his eyes; "Whatever. If you ever need to talk, I'm here." He offered, then turned and continued down the hallway. After all, Mason was not going to be caught in the girls' bathroom.

R Rock And Roll Boy

Nicole smiled. Angie was being so cute. "Well I hope you the best! Oh and would you mind if I got your number? I really wanna know all the details."She said pulling out her phone and opening the contacts. She handed the phone to them. "You gotta let me know how it all went!" She said a little excited. She had just finished her lunch. She was so full and happy. She was also in a little bit of a food coma. She might end up falling asleep in her afternoon classes.
R Rock And Roll Boy

tumblr_o324bg3Yub1uhqjg0o8_r1_400 (1).gif
Melody Wright

Melody lifted her arms before she leaned her body to one side doing a small cartwheel. “Nice to meet you Bjour!” she exclaimed. This was the moment where the fear of expressing her true self-starting slowing leaving her mind. Here her excitement would be appreciative and no one would call her fake, “too happy” and an air head. She was none of things she just loved to smile and see the good in all things but still people found a way to judge her for it.

At times she put on a broodier persona hoping she would fit in and people would find her normal but no matter what there was winning. It was as if there was sweet spot in which you were happy enough for people not to assume you were upset or mean and unhappy enough were people didn’t find you insincere or boastful.

“We should maybe start with a cheer routine. A chant would be nice”, Melody explained. “Now what rhymes with Westbrook?”. She unzipped her backpack to find a small pink notepad.

Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Last edited:
Continuing to cry, Wendy heard the same guy speak again. Offering to talk with her. She bit her lips together just as she opened her mouth. She didn't need his help. What could one boy offer to her that would rectify her current situations? Dabbing her eyes with tissues with some toilet roll, glad for her eyeliner being waterproof, gathering her books, the young one headed back out and kept her pace brisk.

Winona Winona

"Thank you, so much, Nicole. I'll enter mine and mine alone..." Angelina glared at her sister, after putting her glasses back on, hearing her giggle as well as raise her hands. Putting in her number, she handed her phone back to her. "I'll keep you updated".

Dak Dak

Last edited:
So the first nice person and potential friend that Nyx had met was a junior. Suddenly, her first day as a freshman was being turned around as she looked up at SJ, wide-eyed with awe. When they said that they needed to start moving, Nyx quickly nodded her head and hurried after SJ. "So what would the next rule of being awesome? Skipping class?" She hoped not since, well, it was her first day and Nyx had no intentions of missing her classes today.

"SJ? That's such a cool name. Does it stand for 'Super Junior'?" As soon as the words left her mouth, Nyx realized how stupid it sounded, and she facepalmed inwardly. "Uh, I go by Nyx." She explained. She hated her real name. Hemera. It sounds so stupid, but being called Nyx at least gave her some kind of cool factor. Or so she liked to pretend.

acenby acenby

Sawyer
This day had honestly been the most stressful and best day of her life at the exact same time. On one hand, she'd successfully made friends with a pretty girl and everything seemed to be running smoothly in that department. On the other hand, Ryan had run off to gods know where and he wasn't answering his phone, which worried her a whole hell of a lot. But Sawyer had obligations and she had to be at basketball practice to help with the tryouts. Coach Olsen would rip her ass if she wasn't there today and Sawyer didn't particularly feel like an ass ripping at the moment. So, she went to basketball practice with her worry shoved as far back as she could get it to go in her mind.

The locker room was abuzz with conversation when Sawyer strolled in and it seemed everyone had already picked up their practice uniforms. Sawyer grinned when she saw hers neatly folded in her locker. Someone had been nice enough to grab hers for her before everyone jumped the storage closet to pick a number out. As she walked up to the locker and sat her bag down, one of her teammates, Maddie, look up at her from where she was tieing her shoes.

"The cheerleaders are having try outs in the gym today for some reason." Maddie informed her with a roll of her eyes. Sawyer pulled her shirt up and over her head and threw it into her locker before turning to Maddie to speak.

"Weird. Are they gonna take up part of the gym?" Sawyer questioned as she slipped into her practice jersey doning the number 00.

"No, I think they're just gonna sit in the stands until we're finished with tryouts." Maddie sighed and stood back up with her shoes sufficiently tied and shrugged her shoulders, "Not really sure why they don't just go to the football field." With that, Maddie made her way out of the locker room and left Sawyer to finish dressing by herself.

It hadn't hit her until she walked out onto the court that if the cheerleaders were going to be in the gym then that meant Grace would most likely be there. A rather goofy smile graced Sawyer's face as she finished putting her hair into a pony tail. This was a prime opportunity to show off and possibly impress Grace which was a huge bonus in Sawyer's eyes. Some of the cheerleaders had already graced them with their presence so it seemed it wouldn't be too long till Grace was there.

"What's with the grin, Andrews?" Jessie, the team's point guard, questioned when Sawyer walked up to the stretch circle and sat down to stretch her calf muscles.

"Nothing. Just excited for tryouts." She waved Jessie off nonchalantly and the other girl snorted.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what your excited about, Queen of the Gays." Jessie jibbed, kicking Sawyer's shoulder slightly as she did.

"Shut up, Jess. I-" Whatever Sawyer had been about to say was interrupted by Coach Olsen entering the gym a yelling out with her booming tone at them.

"Up and at 'em, ladies. I want my starters to run a few drills for the newbies. Shriner is up first." Everyone groaned loudly at the mention of the drill and all the freshmen looked terrified for a moment, "Oh, hush up it's not that bad. Sawyer, Jessie, Maddie, Kelsey, And Hannah! Start us off." And with that, they were off.

Ash had arrived a few minutes early with Melody and possibly Bjorn, while they waited for the rest of the cheerleaders to come so tryouts could officially start. Other girls trying out for cheerleading were gathered, looking nervous, while the basketball kids took up the other side of the gym, at least for the time being. Once tryouts actually started, the cheerleaders would scoot to the side to let the basketball tryouts go first. Ash rolled her eyes. Cheerleading was way more popular at Westbrook, so she figured that their tryouts should start first. But whatever. The basketball tryouts were always quicker.

She ignored the basketball players for the most part, although she did look towards them when she saw Sawyer coming out. After the fight in lunch today, Ash wanted to ask her about Ryan so she could apologize to him, but right now probably wasn't the best time. Sighing, she turned back to Melody and Bjorn, smiling as she started doing some basic stretches.

"A cheer would be great." She said cheerfully towards Melody, although cheers had never been her strong suite. It was about then that she heard Coach Olson yell for the basketball players to start their tryouts, and she rolled her eyes. "I guess we can work on some rhyming cheers in the stands." Ash grumbled as she stood up from where she'd been stretching and sat down on the first bleacher. "Westbrook... look... crook... snook... is snook even a word?" She wondered aloud.

Finally, while the laps thing was happening, Sawyer came by where they were sitting. "Hey, Sawyer," Ash said. "Uh, can I talk to you about Ryan?" She asked, a little bit of guilt in her eyes as she leaned forward, hoping that Sawyer would stop long enough to give her some clue as to where he had been for the last half of the day. Sure, it was a big school, but some people were impossible to avoid. Some people stuck out so strongly that you couldn't help but notice them when passing them in the hallway, and Ryan was one of those people. Ash had been looking for him all day, and was a little worried.

KingofAesir KingofAesir High5ives High5ives Jiyoon Jiyoon

The first day of school went by in a blur, Sybil just moved with the motions of it in her own quiet ways, watching the world go by as freshman started the first year of high school with either a tremendous bang or a fizzling flop. She still had about an hour and a half before it was time to go pick up James from the elementary school so she moved her own personal party out to her truck to do something work to pass the time. "At least I get a show..." She mumbled to herself, her truck was parked closest to the football field, so she just dropped the tailgate and took a seat. She whipped her phone out and opened up her email, hoping one of her brothers or her father had at least found some reception while up in the Alaskan north in order to send her some sort of status report. She sighed, nothing yet, so she started doing her job as matriarch of the clan by finding out where Hugo was and schedules for the week, along with planning a grocery/chore list.

"Super Jealous, actually. Because everyone is super jealous whenever they say my name," SJ lied easily. Or was it a joke? Hard to tell. It all depended on whether Nyx thought SJ was funny or not. Since SJ need friends, and not people who thought they were pathological, they hoped for the later.

"And definitely not. Class is about the only structure to this place. Otherwise everyone would act like caged animals all the time and we'd never get any peace. Which, I guess we should get to." Wasn't Nyx the name of some dark goddess or something? That was a pretty cool name. For the first time ever, SJ wished they had paid more attention in history class. Or whatever class it was that name sparked from. "I'll see you around, Nyx."

Winona Winona

The Nikki sisters had said goodbye to Nicole, soon off. Although Samantha was on her way to the ladies, saying she'd meet Angelina by the lockers. Angelina headed over there, checking her makeup again using her compact mirror. Which she would later regret as she bumped into someone.

Still pacing, Wendy checked her phone as she heard it go off. It was a text from her brother; he'd gone back into hospital again. Fighting tears away, Wendy started texting him back immediately. Then she bumped into someone.

Both girls hit each other hard, Wendy colliding with Angelina from her left side. Angelina ended up dropping her compact, Wendy's shoulder hitting her face, knocking Angelina's glasses off her face and onto the floor. Then she, herself, fell over due to her lack of balance. Wendy got hit head on, in her unblossomed boobs mainly. Dropping her phone, Wendy doubled over. Both girls cried out as they collided. After a few seconds, Wendy turned round and picked up her phone. She was fuming.

"Look what you've done, you dipshit! My phone's cracked and it's turned off. It's probably broken. Watch where you're fucking going, you chubby bitch"! She shouted at her, her words getting more feisty with each passing second.

Last edited:
[IMG='align:right;']https://i.imgur.com/03oIiJy.jpg[/IMG]Martin waited for his son in the car park. The sun blazed down from a blue sky and he pulled down the visor to guard his eyes. He was glancing at his watch every couple of minutes. He sat with his arm out the window marking the passing of time with impatient taps against the car door.

Then he saw the small figure of his son coming down the middle of the car park and he gave a little honk to get his attention.

The boy came round to the passenger door and opened it and sat down. The whole car smelt of McDonald’s.

Martin presented the boy with nuggets and fries and a coke. Stu took a sip of the soft drink, and said he thought they were having it for dinner. Martin said he'd found a Drive Thru and figured they’d have it now. He was splitting the napkins when his eyes trailed upwards, and he froze for a moment.

‘Stu, what happened to your face?’

‘There’s no ketchup, Dad.’

‘Stuart.’ The father leaned for a closer look. ‘What happened to your face?’

‘It was nuffin’. I just tripped, that’s all.’ He took a bite of the chicken nugget. ‘It’s all better now, so don’t touch it.'

Dad took off his glasses and examined the bruise closely, saying, 'I'm sure you made lots of friends today.'

‘My new mates, Drake and Matt, they’re really cool. Matt’s a girl actually. She’s Asian as well.’

‘Is she pretty?’

Stu shrugged. ‘I guess. Yeah, she is.’

The boy smiled, and the father laughed a little. ‘Your teachers were good? You didn’t forget to drop by at the Principal’s office, did you?’

‘I didn’t. She really liked the tie, Dad,’ he said, ‘Everybody did.’

Then Stu told Martin how he was invited to football practice, and asked if he could go. Martin was excited that his son was mixing so well with the others, and sent him on his way. He knew Stu was brilliant at football and would impress everyone on the pitch.

‘Here, take the rest as well,’ Martin put all the nuggets and fries back in the paper bag, ‘Share them with your friends. Go on, you’ll be late.’

Stu thanked his dad, collected all his things, and left in a hurry.

Winona Winona Pandaskel Pandaskel COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

Last edited:
James was walking throught the halls when he saw Angelina and Wendy bump into each other. He heard the words that Wendy had said. He walked over to them . "Wendy. Both of you weren't paying attention to where you were going. If anyone should have been paying attention it should also be you. This is a big school. I can't tell how many people I've bumped into while paying attention. So don't get mad at someone else when you yourself wasn't paying attention." He turned his attention to Angelina. "You alright?" He said grabbing her glasses from the ground and handed them to her. "And stop being so mean. If you got a problem why not talk about it instead of reflecting it on someone else." He said.
R Rock And Roll Boy

"Hm..." Sybil looked up from her phone and watched the activity going on in and around the parking lot as parents picked up kids and people stream out the various places for practices or clubs, other sped off in their cars away from campus. Her grassy green eyes shimmered a little in the sun, she barely caught sight of the flashy dressed freshman dart across the parking lot towards the football field. "Don't get hit by a car kiddo." She muttered to herself, half joking with a snort before scrolling through her phone.

Wendy was already walking past them, ignoring every word, soon long gone. She looked downright pissed off. Angelina thanked James as he handed her glasses to her. There was a small bruise forming on her face from where Wendy's shoulder had hit her. Angelina resisted the urge to ask James to help her up; it'd look embarassing on her part since she's still chubby and it'd look like she's incapable of getting up due to that. Getting up with a few grunts, she dusted off her dress and put her glasses back on; she thanked whoever that they didn't break.
"Thank you, James. I know, I should've been looking, but that doesn't mean she should've been so critical. She didn't even ask if I was okay. Once I found my glasses, I would've asked and even help her up. Today's just not my day".

Dak Dak

Last edited:
Drake had arrived early to football practice with Mason. He was laying in the grass, groaning loudly, as the affects of the weed finished fading from his system. It was good to finally have a little more control over his senses, but at the same time, he started to feel as if his skin was practically crawling. Like he needed to run, run, run, do football, and this and that... But instead he had to stay still for tryouts.

"Drake, what the hell were you thinking? Getting high on the first day of school." Mason was standing over his brother's body, his arms crossed over his chest and his amber eyes narrowed angrily down at him. "You know how weed and those other drugs can affect your pills, right? I know that right now you're having trouble, but--"

"Shut up, Mason." Drake snapped, lifting his head from the grass for a moment to glare at his brother. "Whatever. Look I did the stupid things you wanted. I tried the pills, but they didn't work--"

"You didn't give them a try!"

"Because they don't work." Drake repeated. "Look, my body, my choices. If I want to do drugs, I'm going to do drugs. They're fun and for at least a little bit, I can forget about all the stuff that is wrong with me and Mom and I can forget about you." He flipped his face back into the grass and spoke once more, although it was muffled. "Stop acting like you know what I'm going through and leave me alone. I'm not a kid anymore."

Mason was frustrated behind belief. He had put so much into doing his best to keep Drake from following the same path as their parents, but it seemed like whatever he tried, Drake would ignore and do the opposite. Sure, Mason had done his fair share of bad things -- uh, he did have a kid that he ended up agreeing to put up for adoption -- but now, he was trying to right his wrongs.

At least, somewhat trying.

Still infuriated, Wendy pulled herself to one side and checked her phone again. It was broken. A mix of emotions swelled through the young girl as she broke down again, crying silently and dabbing her eyes but with her wrists this time. No phone meant no communication with her brother and he always expected a response from her within an hour or he'd be worried. She knew his mental health had deteriorated since he only remembered her mobile number and no one else's. He wouldn't know who was calling if Wendy called from another phone: it'd worry him even more. Wendy took deep breaths, letting the tears fall after a minute of battling her waterworks.

"Hey, Bjorn, how was your first day?"

"I need a skirt, it is an emergency. I need to do the leading of the cheers!"

You can only imagine the surprise of Bjorn's exchange mother when Bjorn had gotten into the car after school. "But, Bjorn...why are you doing Cheerleading."

"Listen, Janice. There are really cute girls, and they are going to be there. Ash said everyone needed to wear skirts! I can't show up without a skirt." Bjorn quickly explained.

"Bjorn, I think she was just messing wi–" His exchange mother began.

"We don't have time for this! Let's go! You're going to make me late for the leading of the cheers!"
-~-~
In truth, finding a skirt for the German boy was a bit of a struggle, especially considering how picky Bjorn could be. Him and his exchange mother darted across town, practically pillaging stores, all while Bjorn's exchange mother tried to explain that he didn't need a skirt. Of course, Bjorn wasn't hearing it though. He was determined to find the perfect skirt, nothing less. There were cheerleaders to be impressed. Too much was at stake.

Luckily, he did eventually find one that he deemed suitable, and Bjorn wasted no time putting it on. "Back to the school! Ash and the Melody will be waiting!" Bjorn commanded, pointing forward like he was on horseback in the middle of a battle.

Per request, Bjorn's exchange mother sped back to the school, going well over the speed limit. The poor woman had given up on trying to convince Bjorn that the skirt was uncalled for. The minute they made it back to the school, Bjorn dashed to the gym, only getting lost once on his way there.

Entering the busy gym without an ounce of shame, Bjorn felt the need to announce his arrival. "I am here! I am here for the leading of the cheers!" Needless to say, there was no shortage of giggles and pointed fingers...

[IMG='align:right;']https://i.imgur.com/03oIiJy.jpg[/IMG]Neck Tie raced across the busy parking lot. He nearly got hit by a car because he looked left and checked the wrong side of the road. Little things like these broke his spell and reminded him of how far he was from Chipping Campden, and from his mother and brothers.

He stopped by the chain-link fence. He went into the paper bag and counted how many chicken nuggets he had. There were 20 to begin with and Dad had eaten two and he’d already eaten one. That split evenly to 6 each between him and Drake and Matt. That meant he could only eat five more, without exceeding his ration.

Neck Tie took a tiny bite of the nugget (so it lasted longer) and continued down the path toward the field. He came round the stands and saw the green which put a grin on his face.

He squinted in the sun. Then he let his eyes wander to the side. Drake was lying flat in the grass and a tanned dark-haired male stood by him. No sign yet of Matt but she said she'd be here. Neck Tie plopped his backpack on the bench. He freed his neck from the tie—thank God—unbuttoned his collar, rolled up his sleeves and untucked his shirt. He was now ready to take on the world.

Neck Tie looked left and right and wondered when they were going to bring the goal posts out. Seeing the green and smelling the grass did wonders to his confidence. He was always at home on the pitch, having played the game ever since he was a lad of four or five. So he paced up to the two older boys to announce his arrival, noticing the strange lines on the grass as he went. This was a mistake. Now he was going to have to split the nuggets four ways!

Winona Winona Pandaskel Pandaskel

Sawyer
Sawyer had just passed the ball off to one of the other girls when a voice called her name and turned to see Ash looking at her. Sawyer called for one of the underclassmen to take her place and jogged up to Ash. She informed Sawyer of her looking for Ryan and asked to talk to her about him. Sawyer nodded as she tried to catch her breath to speak, her hands tugging at her jersey at her waist.

"He ran off after you yelled at him. I tried calling him but he wasn't answering his phone." She sighed and pushed some hanging hair out of her face with a frown, "I have ideas on where he could've gone but, I don't know." She shrugged and then realised that she'd never actually seen Ash talk to Ryan before. Who was this girl to ask about him after she'd just yelled at him?

"Hey, what do you care anyway? You yelled at him and stormed off. Didn't seem like you cared very much then." Her eyebrows creased, "He's had a pretty shit time in life. He doesn't need any more shit on top of that. What do you want with him?" Sawyer realised she may be being a little rude but she couldn't help it. Ryan didn't need any more problems to deal with and if this girl was going to cause more problems Sawyer was going to make sure she didn't.

Winona Winona

imageedit_1_8036391805.jpg
Winona's face lit up with excitement, she could barely hold herself together, ever since she was little she's loved swimming, it's been her escape from reality in a way. She pulled her phone back to her, That's amazing, thank you so much by the way, would you like me to text you so we don't have to keep passing my phone back and forth :closed eyes open smile:? Winona looked around as the school bell rang and people started leaving their classes and exiting the doors. Oh my gosh is school already over? I didn't even realize we'd been talking for this long. Time really does fly when you're doing something. Winona thought to herself as the final bell rang. She looked at the guy in front of her, hoping he didn't have to leave so he could maybe still show her around. She didn't want to be selfish but she did want to have some knowledge of the school before her second day. Winona continued typing, Do you have to go home? Or have any afterschool clubs? Do we have those too? She asked him and put her arm out so he could everything.

Winona Winona

Ash looked towards Bjorn as he came in, loudly announcing his arrival... And her eyes widened in surprise as she saw what he was wearing. "Oh... oh no," she murmured, turning bright red in embarrassment for Bjorn. "Hey, Celery, come over here." She called out to him from the bleachers. "I'm so sorry, I was kidding about the skirt."

Of course, Ash was wearing a skirt, but that was part of her uniform. Blue shirt and skirt, with gold accents and Westbrook in gold across the front. But those were the female uniforms, of course. The males' uniforms were basically just glorified jumpsuits... Not that poor Bjorn had known that.

Shaking her head while she waited for the poor guy to come over to her, Ash turned back to Sawyer, her expression filling with even more guilt as Sawyer explained what happened. Ash sighed, shaking her head and leaning forward, while wrapping her arms around her. Gosh, she felt horrible. Plus, she still needed to apologize to Kanen and Tera, but Ryan seemed to be her current priority for now.

"God, I feel horrible. Although I know you probably don't believe me." Ash groaned, closing her eyes for a moment, before she looked back at Sawyer. "I just... want to apologize. I know he was trying to do good, but I just..." Once again, she found herself at a loss of words. "I don't like watching people treat each other poorly, and Kanen. God damn it, Kanen has enough going on, too." She pointed out in reaction to Sawyer saying that Ryan had a lot going on.

"Everyone has a lot going on. It doesn't mean you can treat people like shit." Right now wasn't the time time arguing about this. She at least needed to get along with Sawyer until she could apologize to Ryan. "Look, are you going to try and find where he went? I'd like to tag along since this is kind of my fault." She pointed out bluntly.

KingofAesir KingofAesir High5ives High5ives

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back