• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ryan took another sip from his cup. "Look girl. I don't do that. Your happiness is your happiness. I'm happy for you and shit." He said blankly. He was happy for Sawyer. "I wouldn't say anything anyway. That's your relationship." He said taking a big gulp of his water. "I myself spent some time with Ash just talking. Nothing happened which isn't bad, but like that's it. To be honest, I think she thinks I'm a huge idiot. I made a stupid comment about being comfortable and she mistook it as me making an advance. I'm not comfortable with who I am." He said before realizing he was starting to get deep. "But it wasn't all that bad. We talked a little and got to know each other." He said running his hand through his hair. "Who knows." He said before standing up and walking over to the sink and getting some more water. That tipsy state he was in was starting to fade away. It wasn't quick, but it was starting to slowly make its way there.

He walked back over and sat back down. "Why are girls so fucking difficult to understand? Like you try and be nice and they fucking blow up on you for something. Or you don't do anything and they still blow up. It's making me wonder what they think about." He then realized who he was talking to. "Why are straight women so complicated?" He said before putting his head on her shoulder. "I don't fucking know. It's fucking hard as shit to figure what is the right fucking thing to do and say. Like Jesus. I don't fucking know." He said before sighing.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Well, staying in contact was a long stretch. Mason didn't talk to Jace ever, and Ash... well, he talked with her sometimes at school, but they were both popular. Part of the in crowd. It only made sense that they would cross paths and he'd come to her house for parties. "Right. Dryer sheets. I always have the wildest parties in the laundry room." Mason replied sarcastically, although he was smiling. "They should be dry enough in a few and then we can go out and try to salvage this night."

Plants and pictures. What a strange combination. "So you came from a little nowhere town to live here? With your dad?" Mason thought it over for a moment before speaking. "Why'd your mom send you to live with him? Was it the ol' 'I swear he's a good person!' Or did he fight for custody now that he's a 'decent' guy and somehow your mom lost, and now you're here?" He asked, searching June's face for any kind of answer. "No one moves to a different city to live with their dad because they want to." Well, maybe kids who liked their dads, but Mason could tell from how she spoke about the situation that this hadn't been her choice.

Moonshadow Moonshadow

Sawyer
Sawyer patted Ryan's head as he complained about girls and them being difficult to understand. Sometimes Sawyer forgot she was a chick when she and Ryan were talking about stuff like this so it didn't really bother her too much. She did think all girls were a little crazy, herself included.

"I know, dude." She sighed and patted his head once again, "But you know some gay women are hard to understand too." Sawyer's face went white as she shivered at a sudden memory. Sawyer had had two girlfriends in the time that she'd known Ryan and one of them had been completely bat shit insane.

"You remember Sadie?" Sawyer frowned at a particle of dust she spotted in Ryan's hair and picked it out before speaking again, "She was loco nuts. Dude, she literally tried to knock down my front door after I broke up with her." Sawyer laughed, "Good memories." She picked Ryan's head up off her shoulder and placed her hands on the sides of his face, looking him dead in the eye.

"You are a catch, Ryan Sebastian Austin Maxwell." Sawyer slurred Ryan's full name, pronouncing Sebastian like "Sebaten", "And is Ash doesn't see that....she sucks." Sawyer patted his cheek and returned to her spot at the island with a wink at him.

Dak Dak

June
June shrugged and almost didn't want to say anything. Should she skip around the questions and try to throw it back on him. But, she wanted people to open up to her. There was no way people would if she didn't open up too. Besides I don't think anyone will remember this night. I don't think he'll remember me too.

"No. It was because there was a death. My mom wanted me to take my mind off of the whole ordeal. Plus, our town isn't the best or safest. She wanted to save me as best she could. And the best was my father..." She shook her head. "It's pretty lonely here though. I feel bad for leaving my mom behind. My dad isn't the most caring and I mean, Grace isn't bad. It's just disconnected." That's was the best word about everything she felt up until this point. Disconnected. Nothing was attaching, nothing was fueling energy. Nothing was happening within her. Disconnected. "So that's my situation. But it could be worst I tell myself. I mean, I wouldn't have gotten my first kiss or been to a Westbrook party. Things are okay from where I stand." She said cheerfully, smiling slightly. She liked the phrase fake it until you make it. That something that you fake might become real. She faked being happy, but something made her heart futter with what she believed was happiness. Maybe those are the words she needed to hear, to relax her shoulders, and give everything a shot.

Winona Winona

Ryan listened as Sawyer gave him a pep talk. When she brought up Saddie, Ryan nodded. "Oh I remember. She came to the Garage after that. I almost called the cops to get her out of there." She was a complete psyco anyway you looked at it. While they were dating, she wasn't bad, but Jesus after that she sure was crazy. "I don't know Sawyer. Maybe I'm just not that good when it comes to the game." He said before standing up and going over to the island with Sawyer. When she talked about him being a great catch Ryan just shrugged. "Bah, I don't think so. I'm ok, but nothing special." He said drinking more of his water.

He yawned. "God, how can I already be tired. It's what 11:30? I swear I'm becoming an old man." He said. "I need some coffee or something or else I might pass out in the kitchen... You wake up and I'm sprawled out on the island cuddling a bottle of whiskey." He said laughing lightly. "That would be interesting..." He said taking a sip from his water.
KingofAesir KingofAesir

Alester looked at Drake "You sure you want more shots? Alright, .." He pours another six glasses ".. There we go again, but first I dare you to kiss me" Alester looked Drake in the eyes. Around them the party was still going on. Alester hadn't really paid attention but after this he would walk around and talk to people to see what has been happening. He decided that this party could headstart his twitter career as the person who knew all the drama at the school.

Winona Winona

Drake froze when Alester stated his dare. Unlike his brother, Drake got nervous when it came to any kind of kissing, or anything even semi-romantic. In fact, he hadn't even had his first kiss yet. He'd been waiting for someone special, someone worth kissing... and someone that he could kiss when he was sober, and felt more sure of himself. This wasn't how he wanted to do it, or how he wanted it to be. Drake was sick. He knew that. And the last thing he wanted? Kissing and relationships to make his life more confusing, more difficult, more... complicated while he dealt with what he considered hell.

Plus, he never knew Alester thought of him that way, so this whole thing was a surprise slap to the face. "I... I can't." Drake stood up away from the table, shaking his head. He shouldn't even be drinking -- that's what Mason was always lecturing him about. It makes it worse. No drugs, no alcohol. Stay sober. But as usual, he had ignored his brother's warnings and now, well, Drake could feel it... a low, so quickly after tasting the alcohol. He just needed to lay down. "I... I should get going. Get home. I'll see ya later, Alester." He gave a weak smile to his friend, then turned and walked away, disappearing into the crowd.

Yarrow Yarrow

Early Saturday Morning

[IMG='align:right;width:205px;']https://i.ibb.co/cb4mQKP/richards.jpg[/IMG]157 Russel Drive.

Jim had no trouble finding the address. It was the biggest house on the street. Oh, and he’d been here before, so there was that. . .

It was a house warming party like no other. Nearly fourteen years ago. But he remembered it like it was yesterday.

He had to give it to the Wests, though. They knew how to throw a memorable party. Let’s just say that they weren’t the sort of people to shy away from letting others know that they were richer (and better) than them. Never a half-measure with them as far as celebrations went.

It was 7:15 in the morning. A soft ripple of light reflecting off the roads and the street signs and the shingles. The perfect calm before the perfect storm.

All Jim could think about as he drove up to the house was the boy’s words to him as he collapsed into his arms: ‘I don’t feel right. . . Please, I want to go home. I want my mum.’

They were the confused whimperings of a boy now clinging to his dear life. He was too young to understand why his own body was betraying and killing him. He might never go home or see his mother again.

As a seasoned officer of the law, Jim had seen all kinds of tragedies on the line of duty. Last night would have just been another one to add to the tally, if only Jim hadn’t been a father.

The 3rd of October, 2009, was a Saturday. It was also a week before his son’s 17th birthday. Jim never forgot the date. The head-on collision on the I-95 claimed four lives, including a little girl in the oncoming Camry. His son was the drunk driver. His name was Alan. The little girl’s name was Emily. She was only five.

For years after his son’s death, Jim watched his family and his career turn into shambles before his own eyes. And while all that was going on, back at the station his good friend and subordinate Steve West was gobbling up all the recognitions and promotions that should have rightly been his. Even taking over his hard-earned cases, like a blood-sucking parasite. No remorse.

And to just rub it all in, Steve was also raising his perfect blond teens and his well-to-do suburb family in his glittering castle in the sky. Steve's daughter was bound for academic greatness, while the son was musically gifted. They were living the American dream, but it was all too good to be true.

So you could imagine Jim’s surprise when Stuart’s father, Martin, told him his son had been at a party at 157 Russel Drive. It was as if the Universe had spoken to him — bright lights and pipe organs and all — and he had answered.

This. . . This was something personal.

The police cruiser was now silently parked in front of the Wests’ residence. Party litter in all shapes and sizes was scattered in the front lawn. Jim killed the engine, stepped out of the vehicle, and then followed the litter trail up the porch to the house. He was accompanied in stride by his partner of several years, Officer Lewis Wells. Together they approached the front door, and Jim held his knuckle to the door. . .

@EveryoneAtTheParty

Last edited:
[IMG='width:151px;']http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0YahNnNw9ng/UbKZnap-ExI/AAAAAAAACs4/KabwI-xM0m4/s1600/Boonie.jpg[/IMG]\​
Officer Lewis Alastair Wells was an old man, he had done everything as a young and had done every dangerous assignment the Police Department of Westbrook had ever given him, but running around with Jim Richards right now gave him a little twinge that something wasn't right. "Jim..." He looked carefully at him as they walked together in stride, glancing down at a beer bottle his boot kicked. It screeched and scraped against the concrete then came to a stop in the grass. "Stupid kids..." Lewis grumbled, giving a little tug on his goatee. "Please, do not do something stupid, you can't let your feelings go nuts in this situation. I have your back, but don't be stupid." His voice was low as he stepped to the side of the door and leaned against the door frame, his ears straining to listen if anything that could going on his the house.

Kane had strolled up behind the other two cops. He had aviator sunglasses on to hide the giant bags under his eyes. He'd already pulled a long night, and he was suppose to get off a couple of hours from the time they pulled up. "Keep any feelings at the door Rich. I know you don't like Steve, but if something happens and you aren't with in your jurisdiction then he'll have your ass and your badge." He said with a sigh. Kane was a veteran of the force. Providing almost 20 years to serving the state. "We're here to observe and if need be do our job. If you don't keep your cool then I will remove you and take over as your senior." He said with no remorse. He was very tired and would have no problem taking over if the need called for it. "But for now you are the lead. Now lets get this shit done. I'm off in a couple of hours." He said.

What a horrible night.

After failing to get in his room, Jace had gone through the house to look for Ash. He'd found her, doing shots with a few guys that Jace did not trust one bit. So he'd quickly gone over, hugged his sister, and yelled at the guys until they reluctantly walked away. All the while Ash had been complaining at him, but he didn't care. Those guys looked like they wanted something, and Jace would be damned if they got that from his sister, especially when she was drunk.

"You're drunk. Go. To. Bed." Jace had yelled at her over the music.

"NOO. The party is still going." Ash had mumbled.

So he'd taken ending the party into his own hands. Jace turned off the music, and yelled at everyone to clear out. His angry attitude and the lack of music had resulted in most of the drunk teens leaving, although they were upset. A few super drunk ones stayed, passing out on the floor. Jace had kicked them and made them leave, although he let the ones he liked and Ash's friends stay.

Jace had then helped his sister stumble up to her room, and put her to bed. She had been ranting about something, and Jace sat with her in bed for a moment to listen, pretending to be intrigued. Then she had finally passed out, and Jace, relieved, headed back downstairs towards his room.

... Only to find the door wider open, and his barricade gone. Stepping inside, he found Mason tucking Drake into his bed. Annoyed, Jace had asked who the heck Mason thought he was, and demanded that he remove Drake from the room immediately. Mason had ignored him, instead still tending to his brother and trying to talk to him about something. So annoying.

"Sorry. We're staying in here." Mason told Jace as he stepped away from the bed. Jace, annoyed, had looked at Drake. His eyes were open and he was staring forward, but... it was like he didn't actually see anything. His pale silver eyes were filled with blankness. It kind of scared Jace, so he had angrily left the room to find somewhere else to sleep while Mason made himself cozy on Jace's couch.

And that took him to where he was now, sleeping on the couch in the living room. The smell of alcohol was sickening, and Jace's back hurt after a while of sleeping on the dang couch. In the morning, he forgot where he was, and ended up trying to roll over... Only to fall into his back with a loud thud.

"God damn it." He snapped.

Sawyer
At some point during the night Sawyer had found herself stumbling around seeking where Grace had gone. In her inebriated state she wasn't very successful and eventually just sat down against a wall and promptly fell asleep. She did wake up at some odd hour and ended up moving herself about three feet down the hall before she decided the floor was good enough. So, Sawyer curled up against the wall once again and passed out.

She was awoken by a very annoying sound. Someone was knocking...no...pounding on the door and it was making her head throb painfully. Sawyer groaned and sat up with her hands on her head in pain. Squeezing her eyes shut, she managed to lift herself up off the floor and shuffle a little ways down the hallway before giving in to her impulsive tendencies.

"Hey, shut the fuck up! People are trying to sleep in here you asshole! God fucking damnit!" Whoever was at the door probably wouldn't appreciate being cursed at for literally just knocking but she could care less at the moment, "Fuck off!" Sawyer made her way into the living room where she stumbled across a boy, who she was pretty sure was Ash's brother, laying on the floor. She nudged him with her foot.

"Hey, dude, you wanna go tell whoever the fuck is at your door to get the hell out of here? Asshole."

Winona Winona @FuckingPolice

Grace

Ow. Pulling her hands up to her head as if that’d help the pounding headache that started to throb. Slowly opening her eyes to a ceiling that wasn’t familiar. Waking up in a bed that wasn’t her own? No, Grace didn’t do things like this. She could tell she was in one of Ash’s guest rooms. Her eyes lazily drifting across the room, they came to a sudden stop. she saw someone asleep next to her, at first she thought she might’ve just crashed with Ash, but it wasn’t Ash. It couldn’t be Sawyer. It wasn’t even a girl? Upon closer inspection. It..was Ryan? No, no. Grace didn’t do things like that. ..especially if those things were guys. ..right? What the hell happened last night? Blinking away the confusion attempting to remember.

She remembered most of the party, Sawyer. The talk with Ash was a bit fuzzy. Oh god, Sawyer. This definitely couldn’t of happened. But yet a small part of her thinks it might’ve. This didn’t look good. And no memory to go with it? Yeah, this didn’t look good. She remembered going to find June, she doesn’t know whether or not she actually found June. What happened after that.. Glancing back towards Ryan, what exactly happened after that?

Dak Dak

Lewis was right of course. He was ever the voice of reason. Jim couldn’t let his emotions get in the way of work, no matter how much he hated the smug, expensive face of Steve West. He just had to be patient. Karma would sort the rest out.

Jim answered his partner of some years with a nod, slowly taking his hand off the woodwork. Then he sidled along the front face of the house carefully stepping over the pristine flowerbeds. He tried peeking through the windows, but the curtains were drawn shut. Jim rammed his foot into a protruding sprinkler head. ’Fuck!’ He cursed (in a whisper, of course.)

Without a search warrant he couldn’t do much. He couldn’t go barging in, even though he was itching to do exactly that. But he was looking for probable cause. And boy did the Universe provide.

Bam. A loud crashing noise echoed from the upstairs. The sweet sound of justice.

Winona Winona COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

" Ah shit..." He sighed and looked up towards the sky, his multi-colored eyes were about to roll back in his head, first Kane showing up and now that bang coming from inside the house. This day was not going to go in his favor, someone was gonna do something stupid and he was going to try to clean up a mess, he just wanted to get home to his puppies but the universe was an asshole. Lewis hadn't moved from his position on the door, but automatically his hand went to the handle of his pistol and his body went rigid with mechanic muscle memory.

Rory Quinn

He waved awkwardly as he shifted the blanket around himself. This wasn't the worst thing that happened to him and he would rather have Angelina's sister and sister's boyfriend find them in the bed together than his parents. Rory slid off the bed before he hiked up his pants and pulled his shirt over his head. He noticed Angelina's bra on the floor and tossed it to her.

"Hey, I'm Rory, nice to meet you". He turned to the duo. He walked over to give Angelina a kiss on the forehead. "Last night was amazing. Will you give me your number?"

R Rock And Roll Boy

It was clear from the expression on Lewis's face that he had heard the noise too, as loudly and clearly as Jim did. He doubled back out of the flowerbeds, minding the sprinklers this time, and rejoined with his partner on the front porch. He saw that Lewis's hand had gone to the handle of his pistol, like a cowboy primed for a shootout in a Clint Eastwod film. Jim gave him a little hand signal to turn it all down a notch, and just to remind him that they were investigating a teen party, not the Mexican cartel. Once the two officers were on the same page, Jim cautiously returned his hand to the woodwork. This time, he knocked.

"Oh shut up. I'm sure it's nothing." Jace responded to the angry blonde girl. Man was she mean, and crazy. Grumbling, he stood up and headed towards the door. Jace pulled it up, wincing at the bright sun, and yelled "What?!" at the person knocking, and then his eyes went wide when he realized it was the police standing there.

"Ash... Ash... ASH." He yelled at the top of his lungs, praying that his more confident sister would hear him upstairs and come down to help him out. Jace didn't know what to do. His heart was pounding. His eyes were wide. He wanted to run and cry all at the same time. Why were the police even here? "Is this to do with our dad? Did something happen?"

Jace's yells did manage to wake Ash up after a moment. She sat up in her bed quickly, wide-eyed, and looking around in confusion as she tried to remember the night's events. Nothing. Her head was pounding and who left the curtains open in her room?

After a moment, she climbed out of bed, realizing that she had the same clothes on from the night before. Whatever. Her brother wouldn't care what she wore, or that her face was a mess and what not. He probably just needed help with something stupid, or wanted to complain about the mess downstairs.

So she walked out of her room and started down the stairs towards Jace's yells. "What the hell is wrong with you? What is--" her words abruptly caught in her throat when Ash saw the police standing there. Forcing herself to stay calm, she walked forward to stand beside Jace, and block the doorway, while she found out what they wanted.

Dede Dede COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942

June
She grumbled and turned around in the sheets. Her head swam in that weird phase between consciousness and unconsciousness. “Ruby... Kanen. Wait!” She shot up and gripped the covers tightly. Immidately she wanted to stand, not willing to let her head hit the pillow. But as her vision cleared she realized this wasn’t even her room. All she remembered was Mason in the laundry room. Jesus what happened?

She flinched as she heard noises commence around the house. June panicked and assumed Ash was commencing her daily tasks unaware that June was still here. She gingerly got out of the bed and pressed her ear to the door. Grace! I need to find her. That alone made her open the door and look around. She made her way to the stairs and hesitated. Was that Sawyer’s voice? Hoping she was right in her assumption, she looked around for Grace. “Grace?!” She somewhat called and shouted.

Winona Winona Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Lewis cringed inward when he heard Jace screeching for his sister, "Listen guys, it's nothing about your dad." He was quick to speak up to stop the assumptions that something had happened to their father. "Early this morning a young man was taken to the ER, he has severe alcohol poisoning and was found wandering the streets. He told us that he was here, his name was Stuart French. Ash, Jace, was he here?" His silver eyebrows crooked in a questioning glance as his multi-colored eyes glanced over both of the teenagers. Jesus, please tell the truth, Lewis thought to himself, "What was that noise in there? Is anyone else hurt in there?"

Jace had no idea who "Stuart French" was, but he relieved to hear that their father was alright. Now worried, he stepped back, letting Ash handle this. Although he was obviously the older brother (and legally an adult), he was horrible at handling anything to do with people. Especially law enforcement, even though his father was a cop himself. The chief, to be exact. Or something like that, Jace wasn't sure.

Ash stepped forward, taking Jace's spot completely and closing the door so that it was open just enough for her to stand there. After all, there were still alcohol bottles lying around, and she'd heard Sawyer yelling. Who knew what else was lying around as damning evidence?

"Nope, don't know anyone by that name. Sorry. He must've been at a different house." Ash replied, shrugging. She actually didn't know anybody by the name, seeing as how she'd only been introduced to Stu as Neck-Tie.

"A-And that noise was just me. I fell off the couch." Jace mumbled.

"Yeah. So no one is hurt, and we have no information on whatever his name is. So if you don't mind, you guys can just show yourselves out." Ash said, waving her hand dismissively at the cops before she started closing the door.

COTimberWolf1942 COTimberWolf1942 Dak Dak Dede Dede

Ryan had actually sobered up for most of the night. So he clearly remembered the whole night. He was making his way up when he found Grace stumbling and bumbling around. He smiled at the girl as he lead her upstairs. When he found a room that wasn't occupied he laid her down on her side so that if she did throw up then it wouldn't do any harm to her. After that he was so tired that he laid in the bed next to her and instantly passed out.

His eyes fluttered open as he slowly picked up his head. He wouldn't normally fall asleep on his stomach unless he was dead tired. That's when he noticed that the other person in the bed was awake. He looked over to her. "Well someone had some fun that last night..." He said flashing her a smile. "I'll say it, your very hard to put to bed, and you got a killer left hook." He said cracking his neck as he laid up. He didn't have a shirt on because someone had thrown up on it that night. He would have beat there ass, but that one person he couldn't cause she would knock him down a peg.

"You surprised me. I never thought that the Grace would be that open when they were drunk." He said standing up. He had a tattoo on his back. It was a verbage he loved. "Family is forged by the bonds." His family was the ones his bonds was strong with. Sawyer was his sister and wouldn't hurt her in anyway possible.

Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Kane listened to Steven's daughter, Ash talk. Saying that nothing had happened. "Ash, I've known you since you were in diapers, so I wasn't born yesterday. From just looking at the yard I can tell there was a party. So come on tell me the truth before we put in for a search warrent and come back here. What do you think your dad would say? What about mom?" He said blankly. Worse comes to worse he would put in for a search warrent and come back within a couple of hours. He would come back with a cup of coffee and a few more cops. A bad hangover would be the best part of her day.
Winona Winona

Grace

She flinched when Ryan spoke to her, she was obviously lost in thought. Still trying to remember last nights events. She turned to him and her eyes went wide once she realized he was shirtless. ...Oh. Great. “Um..fun?” She said questionably, his smile tried to put her at ease. But it wasn’t enough to calm the panic that was still bubbling in her chest.

‘I’ll say it, your very hard to put to bed, and you got a killer left hook.’ That could’ve meant a number of things, right? She slowly nodded. Letting out a soft chuckle at the ending of his sentence that wasn’t genuine enough considering the circumstances. She wasn’t speaking or asking the questions she wanted to. Grace was just sitting there, listening to him talk hoping he’d clear it up, but it obviously wasn’t helping, Grace avoided his gaze once he started speaking again.

‘I never thought that the Grace would be that open when they were drunk. ‘

She cleared her throat. “Well, to be fair i drank a lot. But it seems like i surprised myself..” She said, more as a question than a statement. “What exactly was i...open about?” not wanting to say what her real question was. Just how open was she? Maybe they just talked..Oh god, did she out herself to him? or..maybe they did more than just talk. Did she try to convince herself that she wasn’t into girls? She was hoping it was neither. “What happened to your shirt?” Wait, no, off topic. C’mon Grace pull it together for like 5 minutes.

“How did we get here?” She started picking at a loose thread in the blanket, as her eyes nervously scanned his face, attempting to recover any bit of information. Hardly giving him time to answer the last question, She just decided to blurt it out “What happened last night?” Grace was almost sure he knew what happened the night before. She just hoped she’d get the answer she wanted, However seconds before he even got a chance to say anything, Grace heard someone calling her name She broke eye-contact when she realized it June yelling her name. Shit, She moved to get up, and she realized she had no shirt on. What. The. F- don’t freak out, don’t freak out.

She huffed a breath, looking at the floor near the bed. Spotting her shirt, and putting it on, not realizing that it’s inside out. “What. Happened.” She asked again. Yeah, no. She’s freaking out.

[IMG='align:right;width:205px;']https://i.ibb.co/cb4mQKP/richards.jpg[/IMG]Jim was up to here with Steve’s kids, especially the daughter. Not only was she not cooperating with them, she was deliberately sabotaging their investigation and telling them to show themselves out — the verbal equivalent of giving them the middle finger.

Jim put a hand to the door before it Ash could close it. Kane said he wasn’t born yesterday, and neither was Jim:

‘Listen, sweetheart. You think this is some kind of a joke, well let me tell you something. Right now there’s a kid lying in hospital with tubes sticking out of his mouth and for all we know he might never wake up again. It's not very funny for him, or for his family, is it?'

What else could Jim have expected from these kids? They’d been spoilt and pampered all their lives and so used to having everything their way that they thought they could just wave the law away.

‘Imagine it was your own brother, for Christ’s sake. What if it was you, Jace? I know you’re not used to thinking about other people—that’s probably not part of your upbringing—but the kid has family just like you do. His dad’s been crying at his bedside all night, and the least you could do is show some god damn respect for the boy’s life. Hell, there's not much of it left.’

As Jim was speaking, he had a good glance over Ash’s shoulders.

‘Now the way I see it,’ Jim sighed, and said, ‘we know the kid was here, and there’s a drunk minor standing right there in the hall behind you. Officer Wells and Officer Kane and I heard a lot of noise—it didn’t sound like no falling off the couch to my ears—so we have pretty damn good reason to think that someone life's in danger. We're now obliged to check it out whether you like it or not. So we could do this the easy way or the hard way. What’s it going to be, Ash?’

@EveryoneElse

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back