• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Samantha Gilly

ELLE-369x400.jpg
interactions: Winona Winona Dede Dede PenguinFox PenguinFox

Mentions: Tallulah

Sam internally groaned. As much as she tried to reassure the boy, it didn’t seem to help in the slightest. If anything, she just made things more awkward. She didn’t know what else to say that would remedy the situation. Now she felt worse than ever. What had started as a hopeful way or her to distract herself from the issues going on at home quickly down spiraled out of her control. She wished she had just gone home. At least then no one would have been upset except herself. Luckily enough for her though, the boys returned to the room and intervened, especially Mason. While she was glad he was doing what he could to cheer up Stu, it only made her feel worse. If she hadn’t messed up, this wouldn’t even be needed.

She stood silently for a few moments as the two interacted and then let out a small sigh, defeated. “Yeah… I should probably go.” At this point she didn’t want to make things worse and they would probably have more fun without her there anyways. “I’ll… see you guys later.” Every word sounded strained as they came out so she at least tried to fix it with a smile. She had upset the boy, but at the very least she was going to make it seem as if she was okay. It was forced and felt wrong on her face, but she didn’t know what else to do. She half waved before turning and leaving.

She took a few steps away from Mason’s house before stopping on the sidewalk, her fingers interlaced on the top of her head. She stood there with eyes closed for a moment, letting the cold numb her as much as possible. She wasn’t exactly sure how it had come to this, but more than anything she just wanted to get away form the whole mess. Still though, she wasn’t about to go home. After all of that, she wasn’t about to face her mother. She thought for a moment about going over to Tallulah’s, but really didn’t want to infect the sweet girl with her sour mood.
coding by cychotic

Noah
Noah with smoke (he doesn't smoke).jpg
From the two of them, Ana and Noah, it became the three of them, with Vanden, the guy Noah had just met yesterday, joining into the conversation.

It was hardly a conversation, as Noah didn’t say much. He let the other two talk it out, even though it might have been about him. He didn’t expect anybody else joining as the school ended a while ago and he assumed everybody just went home. That was why Vanden joining was somewhat a surprise to Noah.

As Ana gave Noah his coat back, he wanted to insist that she keeps it for as long as she is outside, but that would just seem pushy, and Ana didn’t seem as cold as she was before, so he didn’t.

Another surprise was when another girl joined the duo, who became a trio, who was now, presumably, a quartet.

With Vanden introducing Noah, Noah just waved to the blonde girl. He saw the girl in the hallways here and there, but he didn’t actually know her name.

Interactions: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh (Ana), Direct Timing Direct Timing (Vanden), Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Tatum)

tumblr_oz6aydByPT1txfqepo1_540.gif

"Over my dead body," Dani called from the kitchen as she watched the popcorn bag spin around in the microwave, aimlessly going in circles until little bits of pops began to erupt inside. It was so mundane, and yet, the brunette truly couldn't get enough of these simple pleasures in life. But god, she would rather be shot in the head than watch a fuckin' Barbie movie. With popcorn done and a bag of mixed candy in hand, Dani emerged from the kitchen with a grin, almost skipping as she made her way to the couch. So yeah, she really, really loved being at home if you couldn't tell. But not only that, she loved being at home with Milos. He had this way of making any situation comfortable, of putting Dani at peace in the most stressful of situations, and the petite girl sometimes wondered what sort of Pope's bed she wrestled in to be able to deserve someone like him in her life. Her best friend, her partner in crime, but more often than not, the guy that crashed on her couch too often and stayed up late to study with her.

Setting the bowl down in the boy's lap, Dani tossed herself down onto the large, plush grey couch and scooted closer to her friend. "You smell like eucalyptus," She absentmindedly commented before tossing the boy's arm up so she could press into his side. It wasn't a bad thing, the new scent, just something that the girl felt the need to verbalize because hey! Change was meant to be noticed! "Did you go shopping without me? Get yourself a new body wash for all those ladies that want in you skinny jeans?" A joke, obviously, but it was something that Dani couldn't help but notice. Milos was a good guy, a great guy! He should have girls all over him! Hell, she had even encouraged him on a few dates, but none that seemed to have ended well.

After about five more minutes of them poking fun at one another, Dani reached over, attempting to grab the remote but failing. "Give it to me!" It was a half-whine, half-laugh as she turned her body to face his side, reaching for the remote again. "Damn you, I want Tom Holland in spandex! Give it to me!!"

Winona Winona

469c0eb3442cbc80878c1df8c167150a.gif

Tallulah tilted her head in confusion when Jackson asked her to keep the place a secret, but nodded anyway. She could totally understand having a personal happy place that you didn't want disturbed by other people. She got out of the car and followed the male to the doors, gripping her camera tight but not taking any photos. Any angle she could get this close looked strange in her mind. She jumped a little as the heavy chains hit the ground as her focus had been on a small bird perched on the edge of the roof. She had been pretty sure it had been smiling at her so she gave it a way before returning her focus back down to Earth.

Lulu slipped into the warehouse behind Jackson but halted in the dark. She wasn't afraid of the dark but it did give her an uneasy feeling. She couldn't be sure there wasn't anything lurking in the pitch blackness. Goblinoids tended to linger in dark corners, and what better place than an abandoned warehouse to make your ghastly home? Her mind was set at ease though as she felt her companion take her hand. She was even a tad grateful for the dark as it hid the slight warmth rising in her cheeks.

Thankfully by the time Jackson had found the light switch Lulu had cleared her head. She gave a concerned look over of him to see if he was okay. It sounded like he had hit his head. Once assured he was fine her gaze swept across the wide open space. Her light brown eyes filled with wonder as she examined the room. Her camera was held up to her chest, ready to go, but no pictures were taken. She slowly made her way to one of the walls and gently rested her hand upon the art. She carefully traced the lines for a few moments, smiling softly to herself. This place felt so personal. She was an outsider, an alien to it all, yet she also felt completely welcomed. She turned back to face the male, a grin on her face. "This place is wonderful. Thank you for showing it to me." she made her way over to the 'living room' of the warehouse. "This is quite like the set up my brother has." Meeting Jackson's eyes she explained. "He sort of lives in the garage. It's not like a punishment or anything, in fact it's really nice. He wanted to live on his own sort of so he moved into the garage. He's done well in sprucing it up into an actual living space." Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Aaron

The day dragged on after lunch, though Aaron was aware that was just his own anxiety shining through. His fingers kept tapping along his desk as dread sank in, eyes checking the clock constantly.

How long until he could go home?

The final bell rang, and he didn’t bother hanging around, loading into the car with his father and brother as quickly as he could, causing visible surprise.

Anxiety began to dissipate, and it hit him his brother was even more self-contained than usual, and, as much as he hated to admit it, he knew that it was his fault.

He answered the obligatory questions his father asked, and nothing more, staring out the window.

As soon as they arrived home, he took off his shoes and scrubbed at them, hard.

The rest of the week passed by just as slowly as that first day, almost consuming Aaron with worry, more of a background hum than that first day, as much as he tried to hide it.

This was far from the from the first stupid thing he’d done, but it was probably the worst, and he didn’t even want to imagine the costs of getting caught. He hung closer to Casper and his friends.

When after a week, nothing had happened, worry began to melt away, and he began to relax, at least on his concerns of jail.

Surely, if Stu were going to tell somebody, he would have done it already.

This left him time to worry about other things, things that had been pushed aside to accompany the terror eating away at him, such as when Drake would realize he was better than Aaron, and act accordingly.

This was the concern currently on Aaron’s mind when he heard his name. He wheeled around, eyes landing on Drake, trying to ignore the way his heart ached as arms were wrapped around him. This was temporary, he reminded himself, gone as soon as Drake realized he deserved better.

Still, he couldn’t help a small smile.

“Hello, Drake,” he said, a hand going to slowly pat his friend’s back, footing still unclear in this troublesome realm of friendship.

Drake’s next words took a second longer to absorb, and Aaron tried to ignore the warmth fluttering in his chest when Drake suggested they hang out.

“Sure,” he said, trying not to think too hard on it. After a pause, he continued, “What do you want to do?”

original.gif

Sean watched Mason make his way back to the other room, a look of admiration on his face. Mason was giving up his own personal desire in favor of being a good person to Stu. How long had Sean been gone exactly? He followed the other senior back to Sam and Stu where the pair both looked a little uncomfortable. He briefly wondered what had happened between the two but was distracting by Mason's friendly banter with Stu. A small smile rested on the Woods boy's face. "Sounds like quite the bet. That's something I definitely need to see." he said. Before they could start though Mason made the subtle suggestion of Sean and Sam leaving. Sam excused herself but Sean hung around for a few moments. He didn't want to make it obvious Mason was kicking him out and he was trying to come up with an excuse to leave. Then, as if his prayers were answered his phone started buzzing with texts. Opening it up he saw several texts from his mother. That's right; she had left him with one parting gift, one that was scheduled for today. He had blissfully forgotten. Sean absolutely despised doing what his mother wanted, but at the same time he couldn't miss this. "Shit, I totally forgot about that! I have something scheduled soon, so I'll have to catch up with you guys later!" he said exaggerating his remorse just a little. "But definitely let me know who wins this bet. Thanks for the invite Mason. We all should hang out again another time" he threw the pair a wink and headed out the door. He wasn't bluffing when he said he wanted to hang out again. He could use more friends in his circle, and as blunt as Mason was, at least he never bullshitted you. As far as Stu went; well he was excitable but he was also young. He very much seemed like the little brother type. Winona Winona Dede Dede

As he headed out Sean saw Sam standing there on the sidewalk, in the middle of a part of town that really wasn't the best. "Hey." he said casually as he approached her. "This place is kinda..." he looked around. "...shady. Do you mind if I walk you somewhere, I don't know...safer? I'm headed in the direction of the park. Does that work for you?" Thankfully it wasn't that far of a walk for them, and it was practically a straight shot to Sean's destination. He remained quiet for a while before deciding it was starting to become awkward and he should say something. Rather than make things even more awkward and ask what happened between her and Stu he asked her something that he'd been wondering since he met her the day before. "You haven't have happened to have met my sister have you? Her name is Tallulah, she's a photographer. I ask because she showed me a picture she was working on and I'm pretty sure it was you." he gave a nod to her hair. "Pretty sure you're the only one with hair like that at least. Have you seen those pictures yet? I think she's thinking about using one for her portfolio-granted you give her permission of course." he gave the girl a friendly smile. Any friend of Lulu's was a friend of his.

Soon enough they arrived at the park. Across the street there was what looked to once be a boutique of some sort but was now out for rent. There was a small group of people milling about outside and every now and then someone would enter or leave. Sean turned to Sam. "Well, this is my stop. See you around school." he said with a small wave before heading across the street and into the building. Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Looking around, this was definitely the place. His mother had set him up for an audition for a small indie film that was being made in Westbrook. The rough plot he had been given was that it was a romance movie following three different generations of couples. Not exactly a new idea, but it was definitely a good experience nonetheless. Plus if he didn't do this audition it was likely his mother would swoop in and whisk him away again. A man with a braided beard approached him. "You're for the part of the youngest male lead right? Go ahead and sit near that girl over there-" he pointed to a blonde girl reading over a script. "She's auditioning for the youngest female lead. You'll be auditioning together, got it? Here's a script for the part." he said handing Sean a small packet. With a shrug he made his way over to the girl who looked about his age. She seemed vaguely familiar but he couldn't place where he'd seen her before. He gave her a friendly smile. "So I guess you're going for the role of..." he looked at his script for the character's names. "Logan?" he joked with a grin. It was likely she was nervous and humor was a good way to break the ice. The more relaxed the two were, the better they'd do. "Or, do you think I should do that and you go for the role of Sabrina?" txlos txlos

Keisha
Make Up.gif

Her smile only grew when Grace accepted the date invitation... until Grace pointed out... as friends. Keisha's smile faltered for a moment, before it turned into a bit of a frown. "I mean, yeah, that would be great. But I was actually thinking like... a date. You are gay, aren't you?" Maybe the people that Keisha had asked had been lying.

It would be a dirty joke to play on the new girl.

"Because like, if you are, and you're... single. I'd really like to take you out. And with Valentine's Day coming up..." Keisha shrugged casually, as if none of this was a big deal for her. "Well, you know, I wouldn't mind a date. Being single on Valentine's is like, the worst thing ever." Strong words coming from a virtual child, but oh well.

Soap Soap

-------------------------------

Milos
Smile.gif

"What?" He echoed, puzzled by why she thought he smelled like eucalyptus. Milos didn't even know what eucalyptus smelled like! With a frown, he lifted up his arm, took a quick whiff, contemplated... another whiff... yeah, no, he didn't notice anything weird, and then she was insulting skinny jeans. "Hey." He whined. "It's what's cool. I gotta be hip for the ladies and the guys. They like to see everything." He said with a wink, and almost immediately regretted his words.

Before long -- like literally not even that long -- Dani was trying to grab the remote from him, but Milos refused to give up that easily. "One more episode!" He whined. "I want to see what Barbie does next!" Right when she was about to snatch it, Milos tossed the remote as far as he could so that it landed on the ground a few feet away. Far enough that one would have to get off the couch. Triumphant, he wrapped his arms around Dani, cuddling against her and holding her down with his weight.

"Look, everything is so pink! Your favorite color!" He teased. It was amazing that he was even able to put up with this mind numbing nonsense, but nothing was more fun than watching Dani squirm -- quite literally. "Just say you love Barbie and I'll let you change it." Probably a lie, unless he got it on video for the world to see.

That was a good idea.

So Milos pulled out his phone, turning the camera on so that it faced the two of them. He smiled at the camera, then looked at Dani. "Go ahead. Say it. Say what is in your heart."

txlos txlos

tumblr_pmbkcqgpzk1rlm4kio4_400.gif

Auditions were something that Paisley was used to. She had been to several hundreds since the time she was little, sitting in these weird little white rooms that were littered with rows of uncomfortable grey chairs that were always made of the hardest plastics that you could imagine. She could always smell the ink from the freshly printed scripts mixed with the coffee being brewed by whatever talent agency, she could hear the jagged breathing of those who were new at this and could feel the confidence radiating off of the seasoned professionals. But for the first time in years, she didn't have Graham to text during the process, or to make her feel better. The blonde's best friend had moved away a while ago, some sort of family emergency that had torn them apart. So for the first time in a long time, she was all alone.

Shaking her head a little, the small blonde went back to looking over her script with a slight sigh. She was wearing a usual audition outfit picked out by her agent; a tight black tank top with black skinny jeans, black ankle boots and a tan overcoat. She looked older than she was, as usual, but Paisley's face would always be young. Before long, one of the talent agents was talking to a young man with black hair fairly loudly, pointing in her direction and shooing the guy off. Paisley could've guessed that this would be her audition partner, and unlike many other partner auditions, the guy looked promising. He was taller and lean, his hair full and eyes soft. Definitely someone who could've been placed in a lot of roles, and she imagined that he had gotten quite a few. Moving her things so the chair next to her was clear, her blue eyes couldn't help but crinkle at his joke. Ah, someone who knew how to make auditions easy and smooth, instead of awkward introductions and another thirty minutes of awkwardly trying to figure out on-screen chemistry. This was going to be a piece of cake. "I mean, gender is only a social construct," Paisley joked right back, nudging the guy's arm with her elbow before giving him a genuine smile, a one-of-a-kind Paisley smile.

"I'm Paisley by the way, nice to meet you," Her voice was more of a quip as dimple embedded in her cheeks, eyes shining as she held out her hand. Professional as always. This audition meant a lot to her, and she hoped it was the same for him. "I was thinking we shouldn't read until we're in there. Raw emotion always sells better on camera. Know what I mean?"

PenguinFox PenguinFox

tumblr_oz6btalngG1txfqepo1_400.gif

"Give me the damn remote, you foreigner!" Dani exclaimed again, but it was too late. Her lips fell into a frown as she watched the remote fly through the air and land onto the cream colored rug that laid over hardwood floors. God, getting up sounded awful, especially because of how comfy she already was. Though her comfort was quickly disrupted as she felt Milos' arms snake tight around her, pulling her figure closer into his before tightening his arms. When the fuck did he get strong? He never went to the gym... or so Dani assumed.

"You ass!" She fought against his grip unsuccessfully, squirming against him and pushing him away. It was no use, of course, but she would continue to do so until the boy let up. "How dare you put this garbage onto my beautiful television! You're soiling her!!" Okay so maybe Dani was a little attached to her TV... but they spent a lot of time together, how could she not be? And now this Barbie bullshit was on her HD screen, pressing the pixels through to a vision of pink and purple. And was is possible to get physically sick from looking at this? The brunette was almost certain that it was, and to prove it, made a fake gagging sound. "My favorite color is black like my SOUL!!"

And then he did the most Milos-thing possible, and that little fucker pulled out his phone and flipped the camera on them. Of course. "You bitch," Dani grumbled, pushing against the boy's chest again before sighing. It was no use, this could go on forever. So without looking at the camera, and instead looking directly at Milos' profile, she pointedly said "Like, oh my god, I love Barbie," In the most insulting valley-girl voice that she could've possibly mustered. Now feeling sick from the profanity that had just left her lips, Dani leaned forward and softly bit Milos' cheek before poking it with her index finger. "Now go get the god damn remote you psychopath. I wanna watch Spiderman."

Winona Winona

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Thankfully the blonde girl understood Sean's joke and even responded with her own quip. He gave her a grin as he sat down. "True. The best actors play people who are nothing like them. At least that's what I think." He shook her hand as his free hand ran through his hair. "Sean. Pleasure's all mine." He said flashing a charismatic smile. He'd done plenty of auditions and wasn't really nervous. Confidence was key and he wasn't lacking in that department. He wasn't cocky, but going into this thinking you'll get the part helped to manifest it. "I assume this isn't your first audition?" he said looking her up and down. She seemed prepared for this, more so than past partners he'd had. Their odds actually seemed pretty good. There'd been a couple of incidents that neither he nor his partner got a part and it wasn't because of Sean. He could still remember the furious look on his mother's face.

Sean gave Paisley's proposal a few moments of thought before nodding in agreement. "Sounds good to me. Do you know the general character concept at all?" he asked. His mother had given him a run down when she had gotten him this audition. His character was part of the youngest couple in the movie. Their story centered around the trial and tribulations of new romance. The extreme ups and downs of the 'honeymoon phase'. The climax was supposed to be a break up and make up even stronger than before based on some lesson they inevitably learned from the older two couples, or something like that. Sean tended to not pay attention to what his mother said very much. She may have been able to control his life, but she wouldn't control what he did and didn't listen to. txlos txlos

If Paisley was anything, she was a girl who could appreciate a confident young man. It was why she loved hanging out with Graham so much, something that drew her into their friendship. And while she barely knew the long-haired casa nova, now known as Sean, she could tell that he had done this a time or two. Big blues scanned over the guy as she examined his ever move, trying to see how he shifted his weight and carried himself to better understand how to interact with him in the audition. "Not my first, no," She chuckled, but it was mixed with a sigh. It had been a dry audition season so far, something that had been semi-frustrating. The older she got, the younger the casting agencies wanted her to play. And while she would've taken anything at this point, that didn't mean that she wouldn't have liked to play the role of a high-schooler for once. Though maybe this would be her chance. After all, Sean seemed promising enough.

"Yeah, I think I have the basic gist. Smart girl, only child of a single mother, really into art and studying who is dating the rocker guy who skates. Looks like we're being hardcore type-casted," And wasn't that the truth. Everything about Sean screamed to fit this role, if you asked Paisley. Though it kinda made her smile, but just a little one, barely pulling at the corners of her mouth. Flicking her gaze back to the script, she set the paper in her lap and softly placed her hands on either side of her cheeks as she continued to read. It was an easy scene, something very natural so even if she did forget a line (which was unlikely) it was an easy script to improvise with.

Before long, and after a comfortable silence, the stout man in a blue gingham shirt pushed through the door to the audition room and looked directly at her, nodding her direction. "Paisley and Sean? You're up next, be ready!"

It was only here that the petite blonde let some nerves sink in, turning them into an adrenaline rush. Walking into an audition was half of the audition, as her aunt had repeated to her many times. Your first impression meant everything, and Paisley knew how to make a good one. "I hate when they tell you that you're next instead of just calling you in when it's time. It let's an entirely unnecessary set of nerves kick in," Her words were blown out in a semi-frustrated breath, lower lip pouting out as her eyes fell on the audition room's door. Through there could be her next step, another hurdle jumped to a life of movies and film. "You don't seem like the type to get nervous," Paisley whispered, tucking her chin onto the top of her shoulder as she looked at Sean. All he radiated was a relaxed sort of melting vibe, like no matter what, nothing would be too much for him to handle. And as an audition partner, Paisley couldn't help but soak some of that in. "You seem like you've done this enough to just kinda... not worry."

PenguinFox PenguinFox

giphy.gif

Sean nodded knowingly. "I figured as much. You've got this sort of air about you. You're not twitchy and nervous looking. You look like someone who's at home on the stage. Or maybe I'm wrong and you're incredibly nervous. If that's the case though, you're really good at hiding it which brings my point back to you belonging on stage." a small smirk rose to his face. Paisley could have certainly tried to argue his logic but he had a feeling he was right.

Looking down to the casual clothes he was wearing he chuckled. "Yeah, it probably doesn't come as a surprise that I've played the bad boy type before. Strangely guys in suits is also common for me. There's no in between." Looking at the blonde he could picture her being this character. She had that sweet, innocent but strongly independent vibe that might be just what they were looking for. Anyone could do his part. Skater, bad boy was mostly achieved through clothing, but Paisley had something else about her. Something not as simple as what she was wearing. Their conversation lulled and Sean closed his eyes, mentally putting himself into this character. Punk who had fallen for someone way out of his league, and was desperately trying to not lose the one thing he needed. Cheesy perhaps but sometimes those roles were the most fun.

Dark eyes slowly opened when Sean heard his name. He looked over to his partner. "Consider this; maybe they do it on purpose. Get people anxious to see who can work well under pressure. To see who can contain their own emotions and be their character rather than themselves. I find keeping that in mind helps to keep your focus. Don't let them get in your head." A hand ran through his hair as he studied Paisley some more. He hoped she wouldn't start to panic. Mid-audition panic was a killer, and while he hadn't seen her acting yet the blonde looked the part and it would be a shame if she didn't at least get a call-back because of nerves. The Woods boy shrugged when it was suggested he didn't get nervous. "Honestly? I'm terrified every time. But up in front of people, I'm not me. I'm somebody else, and that person isn't nervous. That person isn't pretending to be someone else in front of other people. They just exist and are living their existence." He gave her another shrug. "Plus it's not a big deal if I don't get the part. It'd be a shame yeah, but there's always another audition out there, and maybe missing out on one leads you to a better one."

After another comfortable silence the man came back and motioned for the pair to follow him to where the auditions were actually happening. Sean gave Paisley a comforting pat on her shoulder. "Let's go kill this. You'll do great, just keep calm and be the character. Make it you, make it real." He flashed a supportive grin and stood up. He let Paisley lead the way after the man.

The pair was informed the scene they would be doing would be the climax where the young couple gets back together. They wanted to see if Sean and Paisley could provide the high emotion required for the moment and if the pair had chemistry. Before the two teenagers started Sean gave his partner a wink. He then cleared his throat and began the scene.

"Sabrina wait! You're not seriously leaving right? I mean after everything? You're just going to turn your back on us?" Sean spoke loudly and clearly, he was evidently practiced at this kind of thing. He reached out and grabbed Paisley's shoulder. "-and for what? The assumption that I slept with your best friend?" he turned around, took a few steps away and then turned back to the blonde. There was a mix of anger and pain on his face. "Look, I know I haven't been the best boyfriend in the past, but you know that what's being said about me isn't true." his tone softened. All hints of anger left his face, leaving only hurt. He slowly made his way back to 'Sabrina'. "I'll do everything I can to keep you. I'll be better, but please just don't go." he placed his hand on her cheek. "I need you. I love you." Brown eyes locked deep with blue as Sean finished his first part of the scene. txlos txlos

Last edited:

Surprisingly enough, Sean's words had managed to muster the slightest bit of piece within the short blonde. He was right, and though she would never show it in an actual audition, there was nothing to worry about out here either. Auditions came almost as often as breathing did to Paisley, she had been put in every odd scenario possible (some for the better and others for the trauma) but none the less, she knew what she was doing. And before long, it was time to step into another oddly white room where cameras were to be pointed at her, examining her every move.

A half-smile, half-smirk crossed the blonde's face as she heard her name called once more, standing and brushing out her outfit before nodding her head to her audition partner. If he was confident, this would be a piece of cake. And easy script, and easy concept to follow, nothing to worry about. "Let's do this," She grinned widely, giving Sean another assured nod before heading inside the room. Three casting agents sat looking at their headshots, passing them from person to person and whispering inaudible judgments. This was totally typical of these types, these pop up auditions with agencies that didn't really want to be there but hey, they needed a cast and people were usually desperate enough to show up in a seedy place like this. Before anything else could be said, the scene had begun. Sean jumped right in, and for a moment, 'Sabrina' was taken a bit off guard.

He was good. Really good.

The amount of emotion that seeped from his face to his eyes, his gestures and use of the space. This was definitely not new to him, and in fact, Paisley was almost certain that he must've been on screen once or twice before this. Not once did his words stutter, not once did his eyes falter away from hers. It was this kind of intensity that casters ate up, this kind of adrenaline filled audition that took them to the set of the movie, where they could try to see if this person as this character fit into the mold that they so desperately looked for. Even in how he interacted with her, how his hand found it's way to her cheek, a semi-calloused palm against her soft, unscathed cheek. He knew exactly how to work a scene like this. Now all Paisley had to do was follow his lead.

"Do you think it's something that I want to believe?" Her words were striking, a mixture of hurt and disgust on her face, all stirred with the conflict of wanting to pull away from the hand that rested on her face. Paisley's own hand snaked up to rest over Sean's, a jagged breath falling from his lips as her blues averted away from chocolate browns. "Because I don't know, Logan. I don't know for a fact that what's being said about you isn't true. You've lied to me, about your past, about your history and I-I just-" Tears welled in 'Sabrina's' eyes, a skill that Paisley took great pride in, before they made their way back to 'Logan's'. "I don't want to keep questioning this. Us," Slowly and hesitantly, the blonde leaned into the boy's palm, her eyes falling closed with a slow shake of her head. Paisley could feel the burning gaze of the agents, could feel the intensity with which they were watching. They were hooked, eating up everything that the two were doing, and my god did that feel good. It was the only high that Paisley could ever crave - knowing her acting had grabbed the attention and emotion from her audience. "I love you, more than anything, but I... I don't know if I can trust you."

End scene. End of a perfect scene where two characters played their parts with the most intense emotion they could've possibly mustered. And damn it if Paisley wouldn't walk out of their feeling confident as ever.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Last edited:

Grace
tumblr_inline_p1oak8ix9W1rifr4k_540.gif

The surprise was written all over her face. Keisha was asking her out... on a date? An actual date, like, another girl had looked at her and thought. 'I like her, I'm going to ask her out.' What? Grace didn't know how to respond to her gay question because, it was obviously without a doubt, a yes. She watched her carefully as Keisha continued and Grace deflated at the smallest amount. She was no-where near ready to move on from Sawyer. She opened her mouth to say something along the lines of... 'I'm not single.' But who would she be really trying to convince?

Grace wasn't sure if she was ever gonna 'move on' from Sawyer, but wouldn't she have to at least attempt to get over her with someone new? The thought alone had started to tie knots in her stomach. It wasn't like she wasn't interested in getting to know Keisha more, but the thought of not spending valentine's day with Sawyer bothered her, and honestly? She'd rather spend it alone than with anyone else. But before she knew it, her mouth was doing the talking for her. "Okay, sure, yeah." She shook her head out of the daze and realized what she agreed to.

"Uh, I mean, yes. I'll... go out with you."

Grace couldn't figure out if she actually wanted to, or if she was just trying to get rid of this little aching pain in her heart. What's left to lose, right?​

giphy.gif

Sean suppressed his smile as Paisley took over the scene. It seemed she had become the character, and she was good. Her body language, her tone, even the tears in her eyes. It all felt real, but this scene was serious so he kept the pained look on his face. A quick sideways glance at the casting agents revealed that they appeared enraptured by the pairs performance, or at least Paisley's. Sean never looked at anyone but his partner when speaking. His head dropped as 'Sabrina' said she couldn't trust him. He bit his lip and pretended to look in the distance, as if looking for something to say to keep 'Sabrina'.

As Paisley finished her monologue Sean rested his forehead against hers. People loved that kind of small physical additives, especially romantic ones. She'd done well, but he wondered if they had done well enough to get the parts. Quick thoughts flashed in his mind. The scene was over but no one had said anything yet. He could do something entirely unexpected if he did it now. Without missing a beat 'Logan' spoke again. "If nothing else, trust that you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't know what I'd do without you. Trust that I want nothing more than for you to be happy, and if that means you go then so be it. But also trust that this-" he moved in slowly, hand gently nudging his partner's chin upward, and kissed her. "-is real and shouldn't be given up on lightly." as he pulled away he held starry eye contact with the blonde for a few moments. This had to be as realistic as possible in order to be effective.

Sean had taken a big risk in going off script after the scene was over. That was always a gamble in auditions; directors and casting either loved it or hated it. He had considered stage kissing Paisley so as to not risk making her uncomfortable but he wanted to make his improv as real as possible. If he was going all in he wasn't going to half-ass it. Doing what he did there was bound to be closer scrutiny than the rest of the scene and a stage kiss can often be easy to spot.

The Woods boy slowly turned to look at the agents, searching for any hint of their impressions. They were professionals though and gave no hint of what they thought. "Thank you both for showing up. We'll get in touch with you soon on whether we'll want to see more." was all they were told. Sean made his way back out to the other room with Paisley. Once out of earshot of anyone working on the film he looked over to the blonde. "Hey, sorry about that improv back there. It was sort of spur of the moment. With big things like this I've been told to take huge risks. The payoff is much better, assuming they don't hate what you do. It just sort of felt right for the character's y'know?" he shrugged before giving her a wide grin and a pat on the shoulder. "You were really good. It felt incredibly real. Felt like you were breaking my heart, not Logan's." he said with a light laugh. txlos txlos

People usually gave some sort of improvisation during the endings of scene. Hell, Paisley even did it some times, giving just a hint of her capabilities as an actress just in case the agents felt they needed to see more. However what she wasn't used to was her partner giving a spot of improv back. Much less being physical during said improv. The second that she felt Sean's lips on hers, she knew that her face needed to stay soft and calm, while her insides jumbled into a mess of butterflies. Keep in mind, Paisley have been stage kissing since she was pretty young (child romance being an oddly popular thing with pecks on the lips and cheeks), but never in her life has she had the time to have a boyfriend. Not that this guy was going to end up being her boyfriend after this, but damn, if this is what unexpected kissing was like then the blonde was sure she could get used to it.

Not letting her eyes or expression betray her once Sean had pulled away, Paisley thanked the talent agents for their time and scurried out of the white walled room. "I know what you mean," Her words came out in a slight breath as she pushed through the double doors out into the street, the brunette not far behind her. "Though I'm not known to be a heartbreaker, so it's not something you'll have to be afraid of when we get these parts." Confidence after an audition was always something the she loved to feel, and while she wasn't going to be absolutely devastated if she didn't get the role, working with Sean was something that Paisley hoped to get the chance to do one day. "I honestly think that what you did with that scene was incredible. Not many have the guts to actually use the audition room to their advantage, much less take the risk of kissing their partner. For all you know I could've slapped you, but hey, you seemed to fully accept the risk." A joke, of course. The young actress wouldn't hurt a fly. "Any other plans for the rest of the day 'Logan'?" The blonde cooed before turning to face him. He was so much different out of character, but then again, who wasn't? But Sean was different, there was a lightness about him, some sort of easy vibe that most actors lacked. And damn it if Paisley hadn't been around enough screen junkies.

She wondered, for only a moment, if it would be odd to ask for the guy's number. Paisley wasn't much of a flirt, more of a cutesy introvert believe it or not, but there was no way in hell that she had ever been taught how to talk to a guy. But maybe they could be friends? All actors needed actor friends right? Ugh, her brain rattled for an answer but continue to come up short, so instead, she listened intently to see if maybe Sean had some outside plans for his day.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

1564929461692.gif
Jackson
Jackson couldn’t help but smile at her enjoyment of his little piece of heaven. So much he even had to hold back a little from jumping in and nerding out with her over the art. Listening intently to her words he couldn’t help but smile was he walked over. “well I figured... a secret for a secret.” He said softly as he stood next to her looking over the walls before looking to her. He hadn’t really noticed until now but, after being with Lulah for this long. She was rather beautiful which made him question why she was an outsider like him.

Quickly he pulled his mind back and walked over to the couch’s sat down on it with a relaxing sigh of relief. “Make yourself at home Lulah.” He said welcomingly with a warm smile. It felt nice to finally share this little place with someone especially since she seemed to like it. He hated thoughts of showing his inner self and being found weird or rejected for who he was. Maybe that was why he kept his circle so tight and secret, the little mystery of the school. At least that’s what some called him.

“You’re brother sleeps in the garage?... that’s well interesting.” He said in a curious tone. He’d be lying if he didn’t admit it that he was in a similar position with what his aunts did but again that was a secret to reveal later hopefully.
PenguinFox PenguinFox

Anabelle Price

Screenshot_10.png

Ana was embarrassed more than anything else. She really hadn’t meant any ill will towards Vanden when she kept his jacket, but he still wasn’t letting her live it down. She didn’t want to end up making the same mistake with Noah. She really couldn’t afford to find herself in another situation like what happened on the weekend. She just shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. The coat had helped immensely and she was still warm without it. She knew it wouldn’t last long with the cold wind still blowing around them, but hopefully she would be able to disentangle herself from the two before that happened. She just had to figure out how. The conversation was awkward between the three to say the least. She had to get the two of them talking about something, anything that would distract the two of them, namely Vanden. She was sure he hadn’t forgotten the gym yesterday and she was worried to be alone with him. So, you two know each other how? Her face scrunched up in confusion for a moment. She just said they had only just met. They didn’t know each other at all.

Luckily, someone else came up to them at that point and she let out a small sigh of relief. She was even more thankful that Vanden took care of the introductions so she didn’t have to awkwardly introduce herself via the paper again. Though things soon still turned awkward when Vanden wrapped his arm around her and held her close. Her cheeks immediately started burning and she hid behind her hair to hide the embarrassment. Though part of her was thankful. He was really warm and helped keep her warm as well. She couldn’t help but swat him at the introduction, though. She wasn’t sure why he always teased her, but it just made her squirm on the cold bench.

It’s nice to meet you. What are you doing here so late?

She scribbled down the message and turned the notebook to show the girl. With someone else involved in the conversation now, she just had to get them focused on something. After that, it would be easy to fade into the background. That was something she was good at. Even if she was positioned between two of them, she would be able to excuse herself pretty easily.
coding by cychotic

source.gif

"When we get the parts huh?" Sean asked with a chuckle and a slight eyebrow raise. Paisley sure was confident about their performance, and yes Sean was happy with it as well, but he never really liked to be that confident after an audition. He would never say he got the role, that way he would never be disappointed if he didn't. He would give credit to himself if he felt he did well of course, but assuring himself he got the part wasn't something he personally did, unlike Paisley apparently. "I like the confidence, but don't ever get your hopes too high just for them to be crushed. Optimistic, but realistic." he said hoping he didn't sound like too much of a cynic.

Sean smiled at Paisley's compliment. "Thank you, I'm glad you didn't slap me. I could have done a stage kiss but it wouldn't have looked as good. Sorry for not giving you warning about that, but I think it might have increased our chances just a little. I just hope it didn't make you uncomfortable in any way." he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck for a moment. He'd feel terrible if he had accidentally made her uncomfortable.

When asked about plans Sean took a moment to think. He didn't really have any, which was why he had gone with Mason in the first place. He could do some work on his car, or work out, but he wasn't really feeling either of those at the moment. "Not really 'Sabrina'. This had really been it for the day and I had barely remembered it to begin with. How about yourself?" He paused for a moment, thinking. "If you don't have any plans, perhaps we could get to know each other better? It's easier working with someone you know a little bit more about than their name." Sean gave her a casual shrug. "If not I can give you my number and we can schedule something another time. Whatever's convenient for you." They seemed to be about the same age and Sean was always up for having more friends, especially from different social circles. From what he could tell she was a talented young actress and he'd love to get to know her better, especially if they had other shared interests. txlos txlos

tumblr_pmbkcqgpzk1rlm4kio5_400.gif

A smile seeped easily onto Paisley's face at the boy's mention of no other plans, her blue eyes shining as they stepped out into the chilled air. It was nearing February now, auditions would be dying down and only student films from the college would still be actively seeking actresses. Not that Paisley minded, she loved working with the local college. Being around young, driven artists was never going to get old to the blonde, because at the end of the day, there were no actresses without filmmakers, and no filmmakers without script writers. They were a cohesive ecosystem, all needing one another as fervently as the other. That, and the film students had begun to really get to know her over the years, be kind and accepting as she looked at other opportunities in her craft. But for now, that was beside the point.

"No more auditions for me, I was just sorta thinking of grabbing an iced coffee. I passed a cute little cafe on the way over that was calling my name," Her tone was playful, completely natural for her as she looked back towards the roads and pointed to the right where she had seen the place. "Though I don't know how interesting you'd really find me. I've been told I'm a lot more attention-grabbing on screen. But if you wanna sit in there for a bit, I'd love to hear about your other improvisational escapades. As long as they ended well and not with a hand across your cheek." A total joke, of course, though Paisley meant what she said about getting to know Sean and his acting a little more. In all honestly, he was unlike many of the actors that she had run into. He didn't seem like the cocky type, the ones that lived in pristine white houses with little designer dogs, the ones that were home schooled in order to optimize their time between acting lessons, singing courses, and so much more. But he also didn't seem like the type that did it for the pure love of it, the type that worked their asses off working two jobs in high school to be able to afford head-shots and new audition outfits. Those were some of the nicest people that the blonde had met in this circuit of fame, but again, Sean didn't quite fit in there either. Then again, Paisley supposed she didn't either. "C'mon, it's just this way," She decided for the two that they would be spending some more time together with that classic, bright smile, tucking her hands into her pockets as the winter air nipped at exposed fingertips.

"So it's obvious that you're good at what you do. Really good, I might add, but why do you do it? What drives you to want to act?" All too aware that she was beginning to sound like a casting agent, Paisley let out a light laugh before making eye contact with Sean as they lazily walked towards their destination. "'Cause y'know, some people do it for the want of being recognized, others are in it for the money, some do it because their family wants them to and some do it because they really, genuinely love it. Me? I'm kinda stuck between a family member wanting it for me and my own love of it. But I supposed that my own drive outweighs my aunt's desires. Not that I'm not appreciative of the support, but damn it if it's not sometimes a little suffocating."

Last edited:
5b64018b6ebb34c3a98451988c80e25c.jpg
sebastian
Interacting: Ash Winona Winona , Jace DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

“Sure,” Sebastian responded to the order in a monotonous tone, while writing Jace’s name on a small saucer plate, unamused by the initial question. He glanced at Ash with a slight half-smile that said It was fun while it lasted. I’ll still be here if you remember.

Making an espresso actually doesn’t take very long, usually less than 2 or 3 minutes when the machine was already warm. Dosing the portafilter with new coffee grounds and attaching it to the machine took within 10 seconds. And then he pressed the button to start.

Sebastian wasn’t far while making the drink—he literally stood across from Jace and Ash just a few feet away, on the other side of the bar counter. Watching the espresso pour into the small glass mug, he ignored their conversation, or pretended to ignore out of courtesy as a stranger. After about 30 seconds, he placed the glass mug of steaming espresso on the small saucer plate and set the order in front of Jace, along with a receipt on the side to remind him that he still had to pay.

giphy.gif

What better way to get to know someone than over a coffee at a cafe? "Coffee huh? Sounds like an excellent idea." Sean said putting his hands into pockets. He had to admit that Paisley had a lightness about her that surely drew people to her. It was him. Coupled with that infectious, bright smile, the Woods boy was looking forward to getting to know her more. "Nonsense, anyone who's an actor has to be at least a little interesting. Besides, you can't only be attention grabbing on stage. What's that saying- You can't polish a turd? If you truly lacked any depth or interesting qualities your acting would too, and what I saw back there proves that simply isn't true." he gave her a reassuring smile. He hated seeing people be harder on themselves than necessary and clearly the blonde had some talent, and she deserved to be aware of that. "Tell you what, I'll trade stories with you. One for one, deal?" he asked as he began following her down the street.

As they walked Paisley asked Sean about how and why he started acting. A natural question that was innocent enough, but a bit of a sensitive topic for him. The reason was obviously all about his mother, and he hated that, and hated talking about her. Really, outside of his family, Ash was one of the only people who knew the details about Amalia Woods. Of course Paisley didn't know that this wasn't something he really talked about, but she had given her story so it would be rude to just completely shut her question down right? "I'm in a bit of a similar situation I suppose." he said hesitantly. "I enjoy performing, but really only on my own time, not on anyone's else's schedule y'know? It...wasn't exactly my choice to first step onto stage, but sometimes I'm really glad I did." a hand reached up and ran through his hair as they walked, before sliding back into it's pocket. "I know what you mean by feeling suffocated though. It's not always easy to deal with..." Sean's voice dropped to almost a mutter. "Especially when you're not sure you want to do this forever."

Sean returned the casual smile to his face before continuing on. "So what do you prefer to do specifically? Any styles or genres that you love doing more than others? We'll start with do you prefer stage or on camera work?" There were so many different facets of performing arts and while people often dabbled in more than one they typically had preferences. These preferences were often pretty revealing about the performer's personality too. It could easily gave you a sense of what the person could be like outside of their craft. That was something Sean always found fascinating about the business. txlos txlos

tumblr_pr0g1psGaf1xdvxrho1_1280.jpg

Tatum had a skeptical look on her face as Vanden spoke, something was going one she just couldn't place it and the way he had put his arm around Anabelle, Tatum could just feel something going on she just couldn't decide if it was good or bad. She kept her hands buried deep in her pocket as she felt the wind begin to nip at her face. She couldn't understand how Anabelle could even handle this cold and she sure wasn't going to push and see if she was really okay and make an awkward situation more awkward. Her mouth turned into a small smirk, "Can't believe you forgot me already, I'm Tatum to those who have forgotten me and those who don't know me, but you can call me Tay." She didn't really feel like sitting. Her face turned to more confusion as Anabelle wrote out what she wanted to say but she figured it was easier to not say anything about it. She wanted to not cause any added tension to the group.

She shrugged her shoulders to the question, "I have my reasons for being here as late as I am. Sometimes I just lose track of time and sometimes I just need to accomplish some things without my parents knowing. Why are all of you here so late. I don't usually run into three other people still being at the school, outside in the middle of winter." A shiver brushed through Tatum's body and she ignored it as she felt the cold begin to get to her. It wasn't a super cold day but she had a hard time keeping her body warm and she didn't want to drink in front of these people. She didn't need to give a bad image of herself just yet. She glanced to Noah who had been the most silent the entire time and her eyes raised skeptically towards him as if expecting him to make some comment. She had only seen him in passing occasionally and she saw him at flag tag but she had never heard him speak before or ever had a proper conversation. They were literally just classmates. Vanden on the other hand she had shared her alcohol with and he forgot so she wasn't sure what to call him.

Direct Timing Direct Timing mogy mogy Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

wu11.jpgVanden laughed. "Oh, yeeeah...you were at that New Years party....you gave me some Vodka....I think it was....cool. Have a seat Tay." Vanden said motioning to an open spot next to Noah. "I'm just hanging out myself, well, actually, I was about to leave and then I saw Anabelle here, and I had kind of been looking for her all day so I thought I would just pop over and hang out." Vanden looked at Anabelle with a smile. "I can totally walk you home too, Anabelle. You can wear my jacket again if you want. In fact," Vanden removed his arm from around Anabelle and took off his jacket and wrapped it around her small frame, "there you go." Vanden even pulled Anabelle's hair out from the back of the jacket so that it rested on top instead of underneath.

"So, Tay, how did you fair that night at the party?" Vanden asked. He wondered what had happened her that night. It had been a fun night for Vanden and the kid he met that night. Not that they did anything. They had just hung out and had some laughs. No big deal. Or, maybe it was. He hadn't seen him around since then. Now here he was with his new friend, Anabelle. He wasn't sure she liked him, but even though she had swatted at his hand, she didn't push him away. That was a good sign, right? Vanden stared at Anabelle for a moment. He watched her interacting with the others shyly. She was so cute, but it seemed like she didn't even know it. Vanden kept his hands to himself as they all hung out. He didn't want to push Anabelle to like him, though he hoped she did. His thoughts turned to the changing room building. He wondered if anyone had gone in there and found that homeless person or whatever they were. Hopefully that person was ok. What a jerk for coming in there and attacking them. That was so strange...

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Gomenesigh Gomenesigh mogy mogy

Ash
Saddish.gif

"Serena?" Ash echoed, a small teasing smile gracing her lips. "She's pretty and single, right?" Maybe she was hinting at something, although Ash doubted that anything significant would even be happening between the two. Serena didn't really seem his style, although Ash hadn't really seen Jace date a lot. Or at all. Maybe he was gay. "And I'm glad to hear about your mom. It gets lonely when there's no one else around." Growing up, her and her brother had been alone plenty of times. At least they had each other.

The next question left her silent for a moment, and she found her gaze flickering down to her cup in quiet thought. How was she? Well fuck, that was a question that she wasn't sure how to answer. "I'm... better." At this point, it felt like everyone had noticed her fall from grace. There was no point in pretending that everyone hadn't seen her hit rock bottom.

"I don't even miss Ryder anymore." Okay, that was somewhat of a lie, because just speaking his name aloud made it feel like she'd been punched in the chest, but she was doing a lot better. "And I think I'm ready to start dating again, and--" she caught herself, deciding not to mention the questioning Twitter conversation with Sean.

"Well, yeah, I'm good." She smiled once more at Jace, and then looked at Sebastian. "So, about that Twitter profile." Deciding to add Jace to this, she looked back towards him. "I want Sebastian's info so we can hangout later."

0k_mang0 0k_mang0 DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

Samantha Gilly

original.gif
interactions: PenguinFox PenguinFox OPEN

Sam had been standing peacefully on the sidewalk when Sean came up to her. She tried to clear her face of all the turmoil she was feeling, but doubt she was very effective. She opened her eyes and turned to him with a small shrug. “Yeah, I guess. I don’t know where we are anyways.” She took up pace beside him and had been just content to walk in silence, grovelling by her lonesome. Bringing up Tallulah was the last thing she expected. She stayed quiet for a moment, quirking a brow up at him.

“I do, actually. I met her at the park the other day. She’s really sweet.”
The memory helped alleviate her mood a bit. It had been a lot of fun even though it had been super cold. “I haven’t gotten the chance to see anything yet, but I want to. I think we’ve both just been a little busy.” She wasn’t sure how she felt about Tallulah using her photo in a portfolio. She wasn’t exactly against it, she had just never considered herself portfolio worthy.

It wasn’t long until they got to the park and they separated. With him gone, her mood plummeted again and she looked at the barren, snow covered park. It was empty just like it was the other day, which was fine with her. She let out a soft sigh and crunched over the snow, arms wrapped around her torso. The further into the park she went, the worse she felt. The fight with her mother the night before bubbled up and spilled onto what happened with Stu. She could feel her eyes fill up with tears, and she stopped in her tracks. Her body quivered and a hand rose up to cover her face. She let herself sniffle a couple times before wiping away the tears. A couple had managed to leak down her face and she quickly wiped those away as well. The cold was already making her face red and she didn't need her eyes getting all puffy too.

She took off at a run, which quickly turned into a sprint as she ran circles until the jungle gym. She didn’t stop until her breathing came in sharp bursts and she stumbled onto the playground. She stood there for a moment, hands on her hips as she steadied her breathing. The run had helped clear her head, but now standing still again, the same thoughts from before started to creep in again. She wasn’t sure why, but she went over to the monkey bars and pulled herself up, wrapping her legs around a couple before letting herself dangle. For a moment, her sweater fell into her face and she quickly stuffed the front of it into her pants. Good thing there was no one there. She let the back hang free, though. Running had made her a little too hot and the cold air against her skin was nice.

coding by cychotic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back