• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Samantha Gilly

giphy.gif
mentions: Winona Winona mogy mogy

While the whole back stretching had only really been a ploy to distract Mason, it did actually feel good when he pressed against her back. It was just enough that her back popped in a couple places and when she stood back up, she took a moment to actually stretch, her back arching as much as she possibly could. Did she also take that opportunity to smile at the boys again? Yes, yes she did. When she straightened back up, she turned around and looked at the other boy. She wondered why exactly he wasn’t staring at the all the girls too.

“Well, you’re just no fun.” Her voice was playful and she pouted at him, her hands moving to her hips. “Oh, I bet he is. Well, he’s just going to have to share.” It all made sense then. The boy wasn’t staring at the girls because they aren’t the ones that piqued his interest. If only they had a boy on their team, just one cute enough one. They would win for sure. The pout turned into a smile as Mason whispered in her ear. She leaned forward, ever so slightly so the distance between them was closed again.

“Yeah, show me how it’s done.” Her arms spread wide as she motioned to Mason. The smile turned into a quick smirk, as her eyes drifted between the two before finally settling on the boy in front of her. She locker her fingers behind her back and went up on her toes to whisper back to Mason, her eyes lazily drifting back to Noah as her smile grew. “And when he’s finished, we can make him really jealous.”

coding by cychotic

Noah
When Noah noticed the devilish smile on Mason’s face, he knew that the annoying Mason was taking over the act now. Every time that smile had appeared, Noah knew that Mason was in full ‘annoy the hell out of somebody’ mode. He could remember most of the times Mason was in that mode, and Noah was usually the target of Mason’s annoying, but he couldn’t remember all of the moments since there were so many.

Noah was halfway turned around, exactly the right amount so he wouldn’t have to look at whatever the other two were doing but could still normally hear Mason’s teasing and talk back at him. Noah wasn’t as disgusted as he appeared to be, but he didn’t like all of the sexual tension they were emitting, and he really wanted to get his head into the game. Looking at the two would definitely made him weirded out and being weirded out isn’t the mood Noah needs to win this game.

Hearing Mason laugh and take a step back meant that Noah could turn around. And of course, Mason was going for the ‘Noah likes me’ card. If anything, Mason was the last guy Noah thought of when he imagined a relationship.

“Oh, I’m so jealous, you can’t even imagine how much.” Noah said very unenthusiastically, a slight chuckle following closely behind. He was not going to allow Mason the satisfaction of making him angry or annoyed, and that was a fact. There were rare moments where Mason would annoy Noah, and this was definitely not one of those moments.

It was kind of obvious that Noah was surprised by the fact that Mason wanted him to massage anything, but Noah wasn’t going to let Mason know that. “Sorry, I know that you enjoy my massages, but right now really isn’t the time for one.” He shrugged, clearly messing with Mason. Two could play this game.

Interactions: Winona Winona (Mason), Gomenesigh Gomenesigh (Sam)

tenor.gif

Tallulah let out a small startled yelp when someone started speaking to her. She had honestly expected everyone to just leave her alone. But when she turned to see who it was she couldn't contain the wide smile that spread across her face. "Raven! It is so marvelous to see you!" she practically squealed as she hurriedly made her way over to Raven's side. "It was another of mother's trips, but this time she insisted on keeping us for longer than usual. The only bright side is that I was able to take thousands of pictures." Raven and Lulu may not have seemed like the most likely of friends, or perhaps they did depending on how you looked at it. Raven being a journalist and Tallulah being a truth-seeker of the more extraordinary things they were bound to get along. Raven was always willing to listen to any and all of Lulu's ramblings and the redhead was more than willing to get pictures of anything Raven needed.

"Speaking of pictures..." Tallulah handed Raven the Polaroid of the Westbrook Wolf. "Here, my first Polaroid from being back." she smiled brightly at her friend. "Anything weird happen while I was gone?" Lulu was specifically referring to her kind of weird but really any kind of gossip would do. The in's and out's of Westbrook fascinated her, it was like watching a nature documentary, but at the same time being a part of it. If anyone knew the big details on what was going on in the town it would be Raven. Soap Soap

Marty shook the woman's hand. Her grip was firm but not overly strong. The kind a person who means business would have. "Pleasure to meet you." he added after Kate introduced herself. A smile rose to his face at her teasing. "No can't say as I ever have had a felony. I don't plan on ever requiring your services either, though I'm sure yer just brilliant at it." his eyes drifted around the room for a moment. "I'm not sure I'm actually sure what this meeting's going to be about. Me daughter said it was about something important but failed to mention what." he said looking back to Kate with an arched brow. "Something pretty serious if most of the school's parents are here, eh?" Before Marty could continue however a woman walked in that, if he had to guess, was the principal of the school. He had never had any dealings with her as his children were never in any trouble. Sean wasn't the type to make trouble and people tended to not pay any mind to Lulu. "I suppose I'm about to find out exactly what this is all about." Soap Soap Mentions; @all the adults

giphy.gif

Sean's eyes flicked between each of the girls as they all told him the guys were going to lose. He gave a casual shrug and said simply. "We'll see." with a small smirk on his face. As Ash stepped closer to him Sean couldn't help but think back to the days the two were a couple. Ash was somebody who actually cared about who Sean was as a person, rather than how he looked or what social group he hung out in. She was passionate about what she did, sweet, and always ready for a good time. She had her struggles with self doubt but Sean was always more than happy to show her how great she really was. With how young they had been, or how young they had felt, they decided it felt wrong to date and they would be better as friends. Unlike most break ups that end with 'Let's stay friends' Sean and Ash actually did. Deep down he knew he would likely always be her friend; he genuinely cared about her. Perhaps if they both matured enough they would consider a relationship again, but that seemed unlikely. They were great as friends, and had both definitely moved on from each other romantically.

"I'd say yellow looks good on you, but we both know you look good in every color." Sean said with a smirk. He bent down some so Ash could fix his hair, chuckling at her next comment. "Don't you lie to me." he said playfully poking her shoulder. "Even if you do win you won't feel bad." Sean's grin was apparent. He had missed Westbrook, especially those he was close with like Ash. He watched as Ash went off to talk to the guys team, probably to get some dirty tactics in. He knew exactly what the blonde was up to, he just hoped his fellow males could see right through the act too. His attention turned back to the other girls and the Westbrook Wolf. "Grace it was great to see you again. We'll have to catch up over coffee sometime. Ladies, it was a pleasure to meet you. Good luck to all of you, and hey; try and play fair yeah?" he threw a knowing wink in their direction before turning and making his way back over to his side. Soap Soap Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Gomenesigh Gomenesigh Winona Winona Mention: Dede Dede

As he was walking back over to his side Sean watched as Ash stormed off from a group of guys with one of them chasing after. This was never a good sign. His eyebrows furrowed as he watched the pair head outside, debating on whether he should intervene. Ash could definitely handle herself, but it was in his nature to be of assistance where possible, and they were heading outside where no one would see if anything happened. Casually, so as to not draw any more attention he made his way to the doors before slipping out. Once outside he saw exactly who it was that followed Ash; Vanden. He recognized him from football together, after all they had both been running backs. From what Sean remembered he was a good guy; highly dedicated, which the Woods boy thought to be quite admirable. Of course things can always change, especially in the time period Sean was gone for. People drift away from friends, become jerks, think they're better than everyone. It's possible that Vanden had done so and was now harassing Ash for whatever reason. Sean didn't think it very likely but the possibility was still there and the only way he was going to find out was to speak up. He crossed his arms over his chest and approached the two. "There a problem here?" his tone was neutral as he arched his brow looking between the two. He kept his expression, posture, and tone as non-accusatory as possible. He was a peacemaker, not a vigilante, and he didn't know the story behind what was going on here. Winona Winona Direct Timing Direct Timing

Ash
9ceb8a73d466522e879f6ec6ec6b4405.gif

She looked towards Vanden, only partially listening as he spoke. This and that, all things that she didn't want to hear, all things that she didn't care about anymore. All of those memories were in the past -- her and Vanden had barely even talked this year. Ash didn't want to care.

"That was last year, Vanden. I didn't 'slip away.' People change." Ash looked away from him now, her gaze fixated on the ground. She had her arms crossed over her chest, the cold air nipping into her skin. But right now, she barely even noticed it. Snow fell into her hair and melted on her and yeah, she was cold, but at least it was better than being inside. God, she needed a drink.

"Maybe I was tired of people only seeing me as a cheerleader." She said, and then the door opened again. Ash was expecting to see Grace, or... literally anyone else, but instead it was Sean. She looked at him, surprised, and was maybe even a little glad that he'd followed them out. Ash wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, and she didn't think Vanden was just going to leave her alone. But maybe with Sean there, he would just go back inside and leave her be.

"No, I... maybe..." Her voice halted, trailing off at Sean's question. "It's fine. Vanden, can you please give us a minute? I need to talk to Sean." At least Sean wouldn't be as pushy, or so she hoped. Even if he did, it would be different than Vanden pushing her. It was Sean. He'd seen her at her worst, and yeah, maybe he'd been one of her better boyfriends.

Direct Timing Direct Timing PenguinFox PenguinFox

599706"I know people change Ash...and I saw you as more than just a cheerleader, I saw you as my friend..." Vanden said and then the door behind him opened. He turned to see who it was. His face lit up a little. "Sean?" Vanden said surprised to see an old friend who had been gone for several months. Vanden looked between the two of them as she asked for a moment alone with Sean. "Sure." Vanden said to Ash feeling like he had been dismissed. At least he had gotten to say his peace. Maybe she was beyond reaching at this point. Vanden had wanted to say more though. A lot more. Maybe even hug her to let her know someone still cared.

"Welcome back." Vanden said passing Sean but he didn't wait around for Sean to say anything back. If they wanted to be alone, he was going to let them be alone. Vanden went back into the gym and headed over to where he had gotten the flags out. He put them back in the box and then went and got his jacket. He looked back up to where Anabelle was sitting. She still looked distant as she held herself. Vanden's heart sank again. Two strikes in one day. Vanden headed out into the hallway and went to the library. One of the kids last year had installed Counter Strike on the computers and he was going to get a few games in until this parent meeting was over with. At the very least, this was a good way to not think about his problems, or theirs.

Interactios: Winona Winona PenguinFox PenguinFox

Mentions: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Principal Nona
Nona.png

She was obviously not very pleased with any of this.

How had she gone from being the well-respected teacher that she had been, to suddenly becoming the most hated principal? It'll be easy, nothing to worry about, the previous principal had reassured Nona. She should've known from the worn look of his face, and the fact that he was already dressed for a vacation following his retirement in a floral print shirt, that this job would be anything from easy. As it turned out, the youth of Westbrook were notorious for getting into trouble.

Good school. Right.

Now she was being met by a group of upset parents that seemed to think that Nona didn't know what she was doing! But that little boy, Stu, had refused to say who had beaten him up, despite it being easy to see that he hadn't just tripped into a sink. There was nothing she could do, however, unless he admitted to it.

Her hands were tied.

So now she stepped into the classroom, emptied for this meeting like every other classroom had been. Most students had gone home early, but a handful were in the gym playing a classic game of flag tag. That game would probably turn out like every other innocent event in Westbrook's history, with a kid heading to the hospital.

But he forced a smile onto her face, striding into the room with confidence, before she stood at the front behind the small podium provided to all of their classrooms. However, Nona's diminutive frame behind the standard size podium almost gave her the appearance of being nothing but a child. She laced her fingers together and placed her hands atop the stand.

"I understand this meeting has been brought together following poor Stuart's hospital visit." She wanted to ask what the hell do you want me to do? but Nona was nothing if not professional. "I apologize for all of the concern and what happened, but Stuart has said he tripped. As such, there is nothing that the school can do."

@all the parents​

Martin

Martin3.png

Martin had decided to take the calm approach, but as soon as Nona spoke, he knew there was no room for half measures.

'Now hang on a minute,' he said, rising from his chair. 'I'd like to remind everyone here that this isn't just about Stuart. As I'm sure many of you are aware, what happened last week was only one among a spate of similar violent incidents to have happened throughout the school year, all under Miss Nona's watch,' he said, looking around and appealing to the parents. 'Many a student, my son included, have come home with bruises or ended up in hospital, but you wouldn't have heard it from her.'

Martin continued, waving his arms dramatically as he conducted his great speech: 'Believe me, I understand that a bit of bullying and roughhousing here and there is to be expected in a school of this size. But in all my years of working in education, I've not quite seen such unwillingness on the school's behalf to even admit to the problem, let alone try to solve it. Miss Nona, you've barely heard our concerns, yet you're already saying "There's nothing the school can do" -- well I'm afraid, as a parent, that's just not good enough.'

'Some of you will remember how Principal Nona, in her infinite wisdom, reacted the last time we heard about students fighting in the hallway and ending up in hospital. She decided that the best way to handle this situation was to put on a musical, with as little teacher supervision as possible, so the kids can magically sort their differences out by themselves. Well we all know how that ended. After that, she was meting out suspensions indiscriminately at both aggressors and victims. My child was handed a two-week suspension simply for defending himself, and an extra week because I raised the issue with her.'

He cleared his throat.

'Miss Nona, how many more children have to get hurt before you'll admit that there is a violence problem in your school? You and your teachers have normalised bullying and violence to such an extent that you've endangered all the children, every single one of them, who have the misfortune of attending your establishment. These are the very children these hard-working parents have entrusted to your care, whose safety should be your responsibility and priority.'

He looked around for support. 'Yes, my son may have said that he slipped and fell, but I hardly think any of you seriously believe it -- I certainly do not. Do I call my own son a liar? Of course not. I think Stuart's afraid to speak up about his bullies, because none of the teachers have made him feel comfortable that he can safely talk about such things. This is not an environment in which he feels that the principal, or the teachers, or his own friends will stand up for him and protect him. And so he has chosen silence...'

'The question is, Miss Nona, why do you choose silence? In your silence, you reward bullies and punish the victims,' he said, glancing left and right. 'I urge none of you not to take this matter lightly, before something happens that we all truly regret.'

The literature professor sat down and fixed his tie. OK, so that was a longer speech than intended, but hey, he kind of enjoyed hearing himself talk.

@ parents

Last edited:
Kate
Alice-Cooper.gif

Marty was nice. And that was a lot to be said about most other parents here. Especially since some of them were-- No, she's not going to get into that. Just thinking about some of the lesser people here put her on edge, and Kate wasn't interested in making herself feel worse right now. An eyebrow rose at the mention of the meeting. He didn't know?! That's surprising. Most of WestBrook had heard of it by now. And it's a shame that the boy who'd gotten beat up hasn't come forward about who did it.

Please, who would think he'd hit his head?

"See that man?" Kate pointed towards him Martin, Elise's british new beau. "His child gotten attacked and ended up hospitalized. Obviously, the kid's too stupid to think that everyone would believe he just fell. Anyway, most of the parents felt like that was the last straw. So, here we are." Kate realized she didn't mention about the other fights and felt it was nessecary. "Though, it wasn't just that one fight. A lot of the children here are quite violent, and... all made considerably bad choices."

The last part was towards her own daughter. Of course she wasn't as violent as the other children. But dating another girl? Yes, that had ended up on the list of bad choices. But Kate put up with it for so long and look where that got her! They broke up. With some time apart from that god-forsaken hat wearing blonde, surely Grace will come to the realization that she's not gay. "And no-one ever does anything about it. Especially the principal." At the mention of her, she'd came walking out and Martin had already verbally attacked her.

And... made some good points. Maybe Elise had a knack for picking good men. Poor them.

Kate raised an eyebrow towards him and nodded slightly in agreement. Which... was surprising, not many get Kate's approval.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Grace
original.gif

Grace let out a small laugh at Stu's actions, and gladly took the kit-kat. "I didn't know that, but thank you for sharing. I'll come to you for all the kit-kat needs to keep my colds away." She smiled towards him. They definetely had this game in the bag, with Ash by her side, surely they'll be fine. And most of the girls here were athletic, her gaze had fallen onto Jess and Sawyer.

Were they flirting? No, of course not. Not that she minds! They broke up. Sawyer could... flirt with whoever she wanted. The wolf had snapped her out of her jealousy daze and refocused onto him, Grace leaned in slightly closer as if she was going to whisper into the Mascot's ear. "Don't tell anyone, but I reckon we'll win too." She handed his kit-kat back to him with a apologetic grin. "Can't sugar crash just yet. But bring one by later for me?" Grace returned to stretching.

Within a few minutes. She was stretched, hydrated, and more than ready to win. As the 'WestBrook Wolf' Stu, had started the game.

Dede Dede

Raven
tumblr_inline_pnd0r3zdDO1rqmlml_1280.gif

'Marvelous.' Well, that's probably the warmest greeting she's ever gotten. Raven's smile grew wider as Tallulah hurried to her side. Maybe the whole reason they'd became friends in the first place was because Raven was on the paper... and... rather pushy about everything and therefore, knew everything. Though if Tallulah was just her friend because she was more 'out there' with the truth. She wasn't exactly complaining. Plus, she needed a personal photographer here and there.

But besides that... it was fun to be around her, she was oddly comforting in her own weird way. "Thousands of pictures, huh." She rolled her eyes and her gaze landed on Mason and... a new girl? More like a new skank. But... not that she's judging. Her eyebrow raised as she started stretching in front of him and Raven could've died laughing right there. Oh, how sweet. She technically knew Mason oddly got a few girls here and there. But she didn't think they practically threw theirselves at them. Gag.

She swears, if that bleach-blonde takes one step into her house-- Raven's glares and silent threatening was interrupted by a picture, and her glare immediately softened. "Mm. You must've known I have a thing for polaroids. I'll put it on my wall." Raven placed it in her bag carefully. How sweet. This is the first picture on her wall that she didn't take herself. "Thanks, Red." Even though she didn't seem very thankful for it, and she wouldn't admit it... but her heart melted just a bit.

At the next question, Raven threw her thoughts of Mason completely away and she twisted in her seat. "Oh, you don't even know the half of it." She isn't one for gossiping. But technically this isn't gossip and just filling her in on all the crazy shit that'd happened... so maybe it was gossip, but it was about the real drama and less of the rumors she hated so much.

Raven filled her in on everything with the horrid cheerleaders, well, all but one horrid cheerleader. Rumors that weren't true, latest fights, parties. Whatever she could think of.

Y'know now that Ryan was gone...

Maybe Raven kinda missed having a partner.

Interactions: PenguinFox PenguinFox
Mentions: (Mason, Ash.) Winona Winona

Last edited:
Mason
Kinda cute.gif

This was all fun -- really. But it was also a welcome relief when Stu announced that the game was starting. Thank god. "Look, as much as I'd love... helping either of you stretch." Well that was the biggest lie ever -- Mason would rather die than touch Noah like that. They were bros, not... yeah, no, Mason didn't swing that way at all.

"You should get back over there... Sam?" Was that her name? Fuck, Mason had already forgotten, but he could care less. She'd been fun for a brief moment, but Mason hardly doubted that she'd want to, ah, have more fun later. He backed away from her, still grinning to himself. "Don't worry. We'll go gentle on you when we destroy you."

He waited until Sam had returned to her side, and then looked at their team of him and... Noah, and a couple other dudes. But they were still outnumbered badly. "What the fuck? Where are the other guys? Sean? Vanden?"

Fuck, this was going to be a blood bath.

They needed to think fast, and luckily it only took a moment for Mason to come up with some kind of plan. "Hey, Noah, do you think we could just like... run out of the gym?" He asked because in here, they were just sitting ducks.

mogy mogy Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Noah
Noah’s face went into a grimace as he heard Mason say that he would love helping either of them, the girl and Noah, stretch. No offence to Mason or anything, but he was like a real brother to Noah, even more than Joshua was at the moment, and Noah would rather go straight than let Mason touch him. That was really something, because Noah never got close to a girl like that, even when he was 'straight'/in the closet. He wasn’t repelled by girls, but he wasn’t actually attracted towards them either. For Noah, girls were people to hang out with and people to talk about boys with, nothing else.

Noah soon learned that the blonde girl’s name was Sam. Noah didn’t really know if he’d remembered the girl from before, but his memory was really bad when it came to faces and names, so he had an excuse. Soon enough, the girl, Sam, went onto the girls’ side of the gymnasium as Noah and Mason stayed on their side.

It was hardly the boys’ side, as there were likely four or maybe five boys in the whole gymnasium. It was going to be a massacre of epic proportions, but Noah wasn’t aware of that until Mason actually said something about it.

What the actual fuck!?

Where did Vanden and Sean go? Noah could swear that he saw them talking a moment ago. Damn, the boys needed a new plan, and fast.

Mason suggesting that they go out of the gymnasium was a really good suggestion, but it was hardly a plan. If half of the boys’ team, Mason and Noah, both ran out of the gym, and went in the same direction, a horde of girls would follow, and whilst that might have been Mason’s dream—to be chased by multiple girls—it was not in Noah’s interest to lose the game.

Noah then explained to Mason, silently, why going in the same direction would suck and why it was essential for the two to split up in order to win. Sure, there were a lot of girls, but if the boys just kept their heads in the game, they had a real shot, especially with Noah’s amazing strategical planning.

Interactions: Winona Winona (Mason)
Mentions: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh (Sam), Direct Timing Direct Timing (Vanden), PenguinFox PenguinFox (Sean)

Marty listened to Kate's explanation of the situation and began to wonder who was really the one in trouble here, Nona, or the parents. Kate said that there were violent students and most of the kids were making bad decisions. Isn't it the parents job to make sure the kids don't do that? How were these fully grown adults not raising their kids right and then going around blaming everyone else? It was baffling to him, but he kept a neutral expression. As Nona came in he refolded his arms over his chest and listened to the two speeches carefully.

Once Stuart's father had finished saying his peace Marty looked around to see if anyone else had anything to say. Seeing no one speak up Marty took a step forward from the wall he was standing next to so people could see he had something to say. "While I agree wholeheartedly that Miss Nona and the school are evidently not doing enough to keep our children safe, I also believe the blame can not solely be placed on their shoulders. As the parents it's our job to teach our children how to be civilized, decent people. Obviously someone, or multiple people haven't done that or else we wouldn't all be here, yeah? Yes, our kids will make their own choices in the end and we may not agree with all of them but violence against other students? That's not a failure on the schools part, it's a failure on ours. Again, the school should be doing more as well; but we're all adults and should be responsible enough to know that some of the blame is on us." He raised a brow and shifted his gaze across the rest of the parents. He was by no means taking Nona's side but he did feel like he was playing devil's advocate. No one liked to be accused of being a bad parent, but mathematically someone was. @parents in meeting and Nona

600284Mr. Xie started laughing at all the accusations. "You parents lack discipline, and now you have spared the rod on your own children's backsides. If that was my son starting fights, I would beat him till he bled, but I know you Americans think your children are sooo special. Their little brats who need ass whipping. My son never starts fights. There is a reason for this." He punched his hands together and then stood up. "Some of you are bad parents, some of you are good parents." Mr. Xie shrugged. "In China, if you bad parent all neighborhood let you know it. Here, no one care. So shame on all of you. Especially that one." Mr. Xie pointed to Principal Nona. "You are the steward of our children. And look at what you have let this school come to. Shame on you. Shame." Mr. Xie said sitting back down.

Interactions: @Parents Winona Winona

Nona
Nona.png

She listened as each parent spoke, first the horrific Mr. Martin French, followed by Mr. Woods and then Mr. Xie. Principal Nona waited a moment for any other parents to speak up but for now, none of them did. It was almost a relief, although Nona was wondering what the others would say. So far, this was going horribly.

Here Mr. Xie was talking about beating the children, Woods was blaming everyone's parenting, and French was... well, he was refusing to accept any blame for himself.

"The school should definitely look into these issues more," she agreed, choosing her words slowly and carefully. "However, I do believe that Mr. Woods and... Mr. Xie make a good point. The school can only do so much. The parents of the students that keep causing issues and getting involved in these fights need to step up."

Her gaze fell pointedly on Martin as she spoke. "Each fight seems to have the exact same handful of students. Perhaps the school board and I can look into some sort of after school program for these agitators to improve the safety of all students involved." Should she call out the handful of students she was thinking of? Yes. Of course.

"I see a few of the parents here today, actually. Mr. French, as you know, your son Stuart has been involved in quite a few fights. And Miss Rivera, your son, Mason, has been on the other end of a few fights, too. Perhaps you both should take some parenting advice from Mr. Woods and Mr. Xie since their children have had no issues."

@all the PARENTS​

Samantha Gilly

original.gif
Interactions: Grace ( Soap Soap ) Tatum ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler ) Tallulah ( PenguinFox PenguinFox ) - Sam
Parents (Tags galore) Nona ( Winona Winona ) - Avery

Samantha dropped back down on her feet and quickly put her hair back up into a ponytail. Well, it was fun while it lasted. At least she knew that at least one of the boys could be distracted. She was still confident that they would win, but also knew they’d need a little more of a strategy than using their feminine wiles. She didn’t say anything else to the boys, but gave a half little wave of her fingers as she half skipped back over to the girl’s side, careful to keep her eyes on them just in case they tried anything. It seemed that Ash girl hadn’t come back and the game was now officially on.

“So, what are we actually going to do? It seems two of them already left the gym, so we’ll have to track them down, but what about these two?” She pointed back at them with her thumb before putting both her hands on her hips. She took a moment to look around the gym and saw two other girls she hadn’t seen before. One of them she instantly recognized as Lulu and she waved over at her. It didn’t surprise Sam that she was sitting on the bleachers and not geared up and ready. “I’m guessing they’re not dumb enough to ignore the fact they’re outnumbered, so they’ll probably try to come up with something clever. We just have to beat them to it.” She smiled and turned her attention back to the other girls. “What do you guys think they’ll do?”

keira-knightley-gif-tumblr.gif

Avery had found a place off to the side devoid of other parents where she chose to stand until the meeting started. She had never been the type to insert herself into social situations and the other ladies seemed to be in the middle of something. Something she probably didn’t want to get in the middle of. It wasn’t long until the meeting finally started and the principal, this Nona woman came in. She hadn’t been aware the meeting had been specifically about violence at this school. She had a moment of doubt for herself when she chose to move to this small town.

Avery would have been content to just sit there and listen as her daughter hadn’t been involved in any of these skirmishes. What the principal said was completely uncalled for and that was the last straw for her.

“Are you seriously suggesting as the principal of this school that the parents beat their children to stop this violence? You think violence at home will stop the violence here?” Avery was absolutely shocked. It was no wonder some of these accusations were coming out. “Honestly, how anyone let you into the position to be a principal and has allowed you to stay as such with that kind of position is beyond me. I have to say, if you’re really the one in charge, I don’t feel even remotely comfortable having my daughter at this school.”

coding by cychotic

Kate
Alice-Cooper.gif

Marty had made a good point, and well... so did the other Martin. Mr Xie's, she didn't quite agree with, if anyone had laid a hand on her child, she was going to make sure the school would be sued for millions. Hell, even the brunette had a good in say in all of it. Why was she keeping her own child at this school if everything here was chaos with no-one to attempt to resolve it? however, Kate didn't understand how most of these fights and things that have happened. There was no-one looking into any of it! Not that Kate was tooting her own horn or anything, but as a single parent she's positive that Grace has had no issues and is, a more than civilized and obedient child. And that's not getting into her dating choices.

Kate had raised her child well, and she'll be damned if Nona was actually pinning most of this on the parents. Yes, it's their job to teach their children values, but it's the school's job to make sure that their children is well protected. "As much as I appreciate the principal not physically disciplining any child, I don't see you disciplining them at all. When was the last time you actually took action on giving consequences to a child? When you suspended the Vaughn boy? Please." Kate shook her head with a heavy sigh and her stare had turned into a full-on glare towards Nona.

If there was anything Kate was good at, it was arguing. Once a parent went silent, she took that as her own opportunity to speak up.

"My daughter had her locker broken into, twice. And if I remember correctly there was a photo posted online by the child who did it, and yet the school didn't do anything about it? I walked past a locker this morning that had the word 'slut.' Written across it, have you just ignored that as well as the fights that'd happened? Listen, I'm all one for professionalism. And if you'd like to blame the parents for their mishaps, please, go right ahead. But I'm sure there's nothing you can nail me for. Maybe I don't make it to every single PTA meeting but that's because I actually do my job."

Kate looked Nona in the eye as she spoke her next words.

"So, It's either I'll go to the board about this, where they'll most likely have you resign, or you can actually start putting an effort into yours."

Winona Winona @all the peoples​

Steve
GOPW.gif

He hated parent functions, but Elise was here.

Steve West, following his dismissal from the police station, had been struggling to get back on his feet and care for his children. It was a struggle, one that was made even worse with Elise back in the picture. She hadn't even wanted to see the kids when she first arrived back in Westbrook, but now here she was, starting PTA meetings.

He stepped into the room late, his gaze moving around the angered parents. Steve took his time walking over to the table with a single plate of cookies and picked one up, starting to snack on it while he listened. It was a surprise that so many people had shown up, and that so many had such strong opinions. To be honest, he didn't recognize many of the parents -- Jason didn't have any friends for Steve to meet their parents, and Ashton, well... he'd only ever met Kate. Ashton preferred to keep her friends and their parents far away from Steve, especially after she had started high school. She was a wild child, and Steve was worried about her.

But enough about that. Ashton drifted from his mind when Kate spoke up and Steve looked at her, listening as she spoke, until he saw the man sitting next to her. Steve's gaze narrowed, and he waited until Kate had finished speaking.

Steve then finished off the last of his cookie and straightened up, slipping his hands into the pockets of his fancy dress pants. "I disagree strongly with Mr. Xie. Obviously beating your children is highly illegal and anyone who suggests such a thing deserves to receive a beating themself," he shot a dirty look towards the man. "But I also disagree that children aren't being punished. My son was suspended after getting into a fight during the musical, with Stu," wow, Stu really was involved a lot of these fights.

"However, the wrong kids are being punished, or there aren't enough suspensions being handed out. Yes, Ryder was suspended," he glared over at Kate because how dare she talk about Ryder in that tone of voice. That Vaughn boy. He was more than just that! Ryder was a gentleman. "And rightfully so, but he was suspended for standing up for another student. Why are we punishing those that are punching for justice, and not those that are, say, beating children with sinks?"

@ all the parents?​

giphy.gif

Sean's eyes flicked to Ash as she spoke up first. An eyebrow arched as she asked Vanden to leave the two alone. Something was bothering her and Sean could tell. He knew her to well to know that she was her normal self. That and people don't typically ask to be left alone for things that were no big deal. He gave a quick nod and an appreciative "Thanks." to Vanden's 'welcome back' before returning his gaze back to Ash. Once the door shut behind him Sean spoke. "He's not causing a problem is he?" Brown eyes scanned the blonde up and down, searching for any sings of an issue. Once satisfied that she was physically okay his focus returned to her face.

Sean had missed Ash. She had the appearance of someone who would be shallow but she was always nice where possible. She had a good heart and actually liked the Woods boy for him, which was refreshing. He always really respected those who defied stereotypes and Ash was certainly not ditsy, stuck up blonde. Sean examined her to get a sense of if she was emotionally okay. She had an almost defeated posture, and the once shining eyes now seemed a little dimmer; perhaps more mature, but it wasn't just that. She had clearly been through some rough times while he had been stolen away by his mother. "Everything okay? What did you want to talk about?" he took a couple steps forward and placed, what he hoped, was a comforting hand on her shoulder. They had told each other a lot about themselves and always had a very open line of communication. They could tell each other anything, which is why she was one of the few that knew what went down when he and his sister disappeared for a week or two. Hopefully Ash still felt like she could tell Sean anything, and would be open about what was bothering her, and what he could do to help if possible. Winona Winona mentions: Direct Timing Direct Timing

tenor.gif

Tallulah wasn't quite sure what was appropriate for this situation, nor if Raven was currently okay with physical contact, but she felt like a hug might be acceptable to her friend. She was still unsure and didn't want to make her uncomfortable so it ended up being a slightly awkward one-armed side-hug. The kind where you just wrap an arm around the person's shoulders as a hug.

Lulu's gaze followed Raven's to see a girl really close to who she thought was Mason. Tallulah had a habit of knowing most everyone's name, but few knowing hers, and honestly that suited her just fine. It was almost an advantage that made her feel more prepared if she ever had to interact with someone. The girl she also recognized; it was Sam. She stopped for a moment to appreciate her hair once more before returning her brown gaze to the girl next to her. She wondered what was going on her head for a moment before being pulled to reality through her friends words. "Oh! You're most certainly welcome!" Lulu beamed. "Thank you for putting one of my pieces on your wall. It is an extreme honor." she smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear.

When Raven filled Tallulah in on what has been going on in Westbrook the redhead listened on wide eyed, chin resting in her palms, a large grin on her face. She was completely enamored with her words. Lulu had to admit Raven was an excellent story-teller, even if it was gossip. She thought that was the kind of thing that was a good quality for a journalist. As the Rivera girl finished her story of all that had happened Tallulah let her head tilt so that it was only resting on one hand. Her smiled faltered somewhat. "Shame. It seems I sure missed a lot of excitement..." in a moment the light happy smile returned. "But hearing secondhand from someone like you is just as good." Brown eyes trailed over to the girls team where she caught Sam's look. Lulu waved back with her free hand as she realized the game was starting. She looked over to Raven. "Oh, uh- do you.." she stammered as she pointed down to the girls team. "Do you need to go help them? I don't mind if you do. I'll be here cheering you on in..." she looked back down to the gym floor. What were they playing? "-in whatever it is that this is." she gave her friend a small smile. She didn't want her to feel obligated to sit and talk with Lulu just because she wasn't going to play. It would be rude of her to keep someone else from having fun. Soap Soap mentions: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

lucia torres
tumblr_pd91tfNKE11x0zs2ro1_500.gif

Mention: Sebastian (nephew), Winona Winona Soap Soap Direct Timing Direct Timing

Lucia almost scoffed. The principal’s poor choice of words was just disappointing. She had hoped Principal Nona was more mindful, or at least act more sympathetic to the situation.

“If I may,” Lucia said with a small wave, standing up from her chair. She turned to the principal. “I understand parents may be responsible for their kids’ behavior, but the school is still responsible for whatever happens on their grounds. It also includes admitting when some of your half-baked solutions failed.

“Obviously, you, as an educator, are smart enough not to believe Stuart simply tripped, unless school restrooms nowadays are built on a hill. Even his dad doesn’t believe that scenario. Not to mention there’s a picture of his son badly injured, posted online. It should’ve been enough for you to take action sooner, just like with the locker vandalism, which I’m only hearing about just now. School passivity like this is the reason why my nephew lost his brother a few years ago, and he was almost killed for confronting his brother’s harassers when the school had done very little to punish them properly.

“And Mr. Xie,” Lucia added, crossing her arms over her chest, “if you haven’t noticed, there is a very big difference between disciplining children and physically harming them. It almost sounded like you were admitting to child abuse, which is quite illegal here, and I can actually arrest you for that if I have enough evidence. So, next time, be a bit more careful with what you say when you’re around a cop.” Her police badge, which was clasped on the side of her belt, slightly glinted from the fluorescent ceiling lights, as if subtly making a point to her last statement. “Especially you, principal. I hope you didn’t just imply that you partially support his idea of parenting—you can be much better than that.”

Ash
Small Sad.gif

That had worked a lot better than she had planned. Ash watched Vanden until he had gone back into the school, and she couldn't help but feel relieved once he had disappeared inside. Now the next problem: Sean was asking what she had wanted to talk about, and it occurred to Ash that he hadn't realized that she was just using that as an excuse to get Vanden away. Ash hadn't wanted to talk to Vanden, or anyone for that matter, but Sean... well, she couldn't just tell him off like anyone else. It was Sean.

Ash didn't want to talk about it. She didn't want to reiterate once again everything that had happened, especially when it all seemed so immature and stupid in hindsight. But if it was, then why did she still feel so torn up about it? Yeah, it was all stupid. Maybe Ash just needed a break, although her attempt at "breaks" had resulted in too much alcohol and waking up in strange houses. Fuck, she really was messed up. God, what had happened? It hadn't even been that much.

"Don't worry about it, I'll be fine. I just... said that to get rid of Vanden." Ash said with a dismissive shake of her head. She gave Sean a grateful smile when he placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's just stupid things. Lot of fights with Grace, and I quit the cheer team." Ash purposely left out Ryder because to her, it was just weird to discuss ex-boyfriends with... well an ex. Even if Ash and Sean were good friends, and they knew plenty about each other, it just felt like some kind of wrong. Plus, maybe if she stopped talking about him, she'd get over him.

Yeah, that was genius.

Now, all Ash wanted to do was change the topic. "You ready to head back inside so I can destroy you in a game of flag tag?" She asked, a playful smile coming onto her face. Yeah, she was ready to forget the day with a game. Plus it was freezing outside.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Drake
Cuteeee.gif

What was he even doing here?

Oh that was right -- eating chocolate and playing a game.

Drake grabbed as many Kit Kats as he could, shoving them into his pockets, before he hopped up onto the bleachers, first searching the area for any lost Kit Kats. There was nothing to be found, which obviously left him distressed, but it wasn't long before he was coming close to a somewhat scaring looking kid. He just always had this expression like don't mess with me, and Drake had done his best to not mess with him! He really had! But man, it was so hard to do that.

So now, he slid into the area next to Sebastian, peering over his shoulder curiously at the homework. Ah, yes... that. Drake was supposed to that, but there was no way he was going to. Ah. School was for losers or something like that. "Hey, hey, you're Sebastian, right?" He asked, energetically elbowing the guy as he did so.

However, it was then that the Westbrook Wolf announced the start of the game. Drake looked down at the court to see his team horrifically outnumbered, and then looked over at the girls to see them all looking like they were out for blood. Oh no no no no. Drake yelped and threw himself over the bleacher, laying down so he was mostly hidden. He poked his head up, staring at the court for a moment as the guys started to back away. No way was Drake going down there.

"Hide me! Don't tell them! Save me, my man!" Drake whispered urgently to Sebastian.

0k_mang0 0k_mang0

Raven
tumblr_inline_pnd0r3zdDO1rqmlml_1280.gif

Raven stiffened but returned the awkward side-hug. It was no secret that she was good with people, but she was mostly the girl on the sidelines. Not that she minded! She preferred to have attention when she wanted it. Much unlike the cheerleaders or the jocks who had it constantly. Besides that... she didn't have many friends. And again, she mostly preferred it that way. Her only actual friend was probably Jace by now, and well, Mason but he didn't count. And considering the whole thing with Ash was probably ruined. It's probably best if she at least tries to keep one of her relationships up.

Maybe she wasn't the greatest friend, things were rough for him down at the ski-trip.

She should probably check in on him.

Even though she hasn't had the best track record with people, she considered Tallulah a friend, most definitely. There was no way you couldn't like this little weirdo. "Yeah, yeah. It makes you very special." Raven chuckled at her over-excitement at the idea of having one of her photos on the wall, Raven was gonna make sure this ended up there. Their few minutes of alone time was relaxing, and it was... really great to focus on everyone else's drama instead of her own. It almost felt like everything was a little normal again.

Especially seeing her small reactions towards some of the bigger things. "Thanks, sweetheart. I'll be sure to start writing them down for you." Her eyebrows furrowed when she pointed towards the gym. To be honest? She really didn't want to go help them whatsoever. But she has the jersey on, so. "Right. It was... a pleasure catching up with you." Lifting a finger to her lips."I kinda have a reputation to hold about, so don't tell anyone I might've missed you just a bit." Raven nudged her with her elbow before she jogged towards Grace and the rest of the girls.

"Okay, Rainbow dash. What's the plan?"

PenguinFox PenguinFox @all the girls??

tenor.gif

Tallulah grinned at Raven when she said she would write down the drama. "Sorted alphabetically or by severity of drama?" she joked with a small chuckle. Lulu always felt like she could just relax and be herself with Raven. She never had to worry about her thinking she's weird, or at least not in a bad way. She never had to worry about snarky asides, sideways glances, or even being used for her camera. The Rivera girl always listened to whatever crazy thought Lulu may have had that day without judgement. She was truly a good friend.

She was definitely a little disappointed to see her go, but they had had the chance to catch up and it's not like either of them would be leaving town any time soon. She hoped. "Always a ball Miss Rivera." she replied with a bright smile and a tiny bow from her seated position. "Your secret is safe with me." the redhead did the motion of zipping her lips and throwing away the key. With a final wave Raven was off to help the girls team destroy the boys. Really there wasn't even a contest here. As her friend jogged off Tallulah quickly pulled up her camera and got a shot of her. It was mid-stride so her dark hair was flowing upwards and neither foot was entirely on the ground. Lulu smiled at the Polaroid that flitted out. She would have to show her that one too at a later time. It was a good action shot. Soap Soap @open

601794After listening to Nona he heard another woman speaking but was mostly ignoring her until she said his name. He arched a brow at the threat. "I never said I beat my son." Mr. Xie said defensively. "So mind you're own business." He looked away and thought about standing up and walking out. He didn't come here to be bullied by a cop and most of these other parents here didn't know when to spank the backside of their children. They could take a few lessons from me. Mr. Xie said to himself. I'd show them how to 'discipline' their bratty kids.

Interactions: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0

C75C6B3C-F1FE-48FD-8D8A-641A1536056D.jpeg
Jackson

the whole event had been a waste of time for Jackson to say the least. Sighing quietly as he checked his phone to see the time. Dressed in his usual bad boy outfit as he waited for the text eagerly as he sat up in one of the corners of the gym bleachers watching the crowd. It didn’t take long of course before his phone chimed off and he got up and grabbed his bag with more eagerness to leave this stupid school activity than he probably should have. As he moved down the bleachers with a fair deal of haste he made one little slip up.

Take one step to far he meant where he meant to step and came crashing down onto a red head holding a camera. He knew has he fell he’d fucked up big. It was Tallulah. The schools resident photography prodige that he had made the mistake of failing into. Yelling out as he fell down onto her and her camera. Losing his bag the contents of it went everywhere into the row of the bleachers in front of them, a couple note pads a rather cooly designer painting respirator. Almost instantly he scrambled to get off Tallulah. “Oh fuck I’m so sorry!” He exclaimed as he got up to see if she alright. He was worried to say the least. He had just fallen into the girl rather hard let alone the fact she was hold a very lavished and expensive camera that he could have possibly broken in his fall onto her.
PenguinFox PenguinFox
1BB2549F-43BB-4826-A3E8-3331E56FB75C.jpeg44969CB0-0901-4022-B0DC-0F695BCE58F4.jpeg

Last edited:
giphy.gif

One second Tallulah was contentedly examining the picture she had just taken and the next there was a weight crashing into her causing her to drop her camera. Her eyes widened in horror as it slipped between the gap between seat and foot space and fell beneath the bleachers. Lulu's hand clasped to her mouth to stop from shrieking. Her chin trembled and her eyes darted back and forth in panic for a few seconds before she was able to collect herself enough to not look crazy. She turned around to see what, or who had bumped into her and saw Jackson White. Lulu didn't know much about him save for what his appearance told people. Had he purposely knocked into her? It seemed their collision had also caused him to drop things as well, so perhaps it was an accident after all.

Lulu carefully gathered up the notepads and gently handed them over to Jackson. Light brown eyes flitted everywhere but the male's face. "I...I'm alright." she said quietly. It had felt as if an elbow or knee had come down onto her spine and it was definitely going to leave a mark, but otherwise she was physically okay. Her hand nervously scratched at her arm. "Do you think you could reach my camera?" her voice was timid. Tallulah was unsure of people as a whole, let alone someone as intimidating as Jackson. The Polaroid camera could be seen between the gaps, resting on the cold floor. It would have been just outside of the redhead's reach but perhaps the boy who caused the camera to drop in the first place would be able to reach it. Lulu clenched her jaw hard to keep her lips from trembling. Anxiety crept up inside her as she thought about any possible damage to her precious device. Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back