• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Alester McGregor
Alester laught at Mason "Yeh, great choice" Alester put on the shirt and looked in the mirror "I only have to do my hair and then we can leave. Could you get a bottle of Pastis from the closet downstairs, Drake?" Alester asked Drake while he himself walked over to the bathroom where his other sisters were putting on make-up for their own night out. Alester looked at them "Are you girls also going to Ash her party" His sister looked at him "Of course we are, everyone is going"
When Alester was back in his room he saw that Mason already had left "Alright, shall we get those shots? Did you find the bottle?"

Winona Winona
original.gif

Last edited:
Sawyer
Sawyer's breath hitched and her heart jumped up into her throat because of two simple words. 'Kiss me'. If Grace could feel Sawyer's heart right now it would probably knock her over with the incredible force it was producing at the moment. Grace's words kept repeating over and over and over again in her head. Sawyer was frozen for a few moments before she pulled her consciousness back into her body.

"Yeah, okay. I can do that." Sawyer let out a airy laugh and leaned even farther forward. The music pulsing from the house faded into nothing and even the birds seemed to go quiet. All Sawyer could hear was Grace's breathing and the erratic thumps of her heart against her ribcage. She found herself counting down in her head. Three. Even closer. Two. Lips barely brushing against each other and a tingle ran down Sawyer's spine. Her eyes closed. One. Fireworks exploded behind Sawyer's eyelids and a hand shot up to tangle itself in Grace's hair. Suddenly, she remembered her father talking about the fireworks he'd seen when he first kissed her mother, and his words echoed in her head.

"When you know, you know, Sprout."

When you know. You know. Oh god did she know.

Soap Soap

[IMG='align:right;']https://i.imgur.com/03oIiJy.jpg[/IMG]Stu took another chug of the vodka before looking over at Kanen:

‘Dr— . . . Someone told me you were a bully,’ he said, his tired head swaying as he spoke, ‘*hic* That you don’t care about anybody, and you ditch all your friends *hic*. . . Why do you *hic* keep *hic* pushing everyone away, even when they’re *hic* trying to help you?’

Whether he realised it or not, he was asking the question mostly for himself.

High5ives High5ives @Others

Last edited:
Grace
Grace scanned every inch of Sawyer’s face, waiting for her to say something. If she was even going to say anything. it was a lot. I shouldn’t of said that. Bad idea Grace. Scolding herself. And it was as if Sawyer could hear her thoughts she responded with an ‘Yeah, okay. I can do that.’ and let out a laugh, Grace gave the most smallest of smiles. Nervous, of what’s about to come, As Sawyer leaned in even closer, so did she.

They were inches apart from each other when their lips were almost touching, this was it, their first kiss. It felt like forever how long she’d been waiting here for their lips to finally touch. Sawyer closed the distance between them. Grace had been kissed before, but it never felt like this. She finally felt those butterflies, in her stomach. And the exciting feeling in her chest, she reached her hand up to cup Sawyer’s cheek. She finally knew what it felt like to really be kissed.

After Almost a minute. That somehow only felt like seconds, she pulled away, breathlessly. If it was up to Grace that kiss never would’ve ended, unfortunately. Humans had to breathe. “Wow.“ was all Grace said in amazement, it was barely a whisper she wasn’t sure Sawyer had heard her. She moved her hand from her cheek to Sawyer’s bottom lip, gently wiping away lip gloss that got there from herself. “Sorry.” She apologized, chuckling as she gazed into her eyes. she knew she was blushing hard. But at this point who cared? She was happy.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Last edited:
Kanen waited as the kid pondered over what he'd ask. He expected Stu to ask something simple, like when he started drinking or what his favor drink was. Then of course, the little bastard hit him with a curve ball. Kanen was kinda stunned, he hadn't been expecting anything like that. However, he wasn't near drunk enough to just answer the question.

He took a drink and was quiet, probably for too long. Kanen had no idea how he was supposed to answer that? Most of the time, Kanen didn't know why he did anything, and now Stu had hit him with a big one.

"Dare." Kanen demanded, taking a drink, again straight from the bottle. He'd much rather change the topic entirely than dive head first into his issues.

[IMG='align:right;']https://i.imgur.com/03oIiJy.jpg[/IMG]The kid could barely keep straight in his chair, yet he was still looking at Kanen. He took yet another chug, the liquid spilling down his neck and soaking parts of his shirt and jacket.

'I dare you *hic* . . . to answer,' he said.

High5ives High5ives

Mason was shocked when he heard Stu's question. Dang, Neck-Tie knew how to come in with the deep stuff. Maybe everyone would be wiser if they were drunk all the time. Maybe that was what Kanen was going for, but-- ... No, Kanen was just a drunk asshole. A drunk asshole that Mason still very much, begrudgingly, missed.

Now he really wished he had a drink.

"What's wrong, Kanen? Scared to answer the question?" He asked, piping up in support of the freshie who very much did not look okay. "Everyone else answered the questions and did the dares. Why are you always the one who's too scared to follow through?"

Dede Dede High5ives High5ives

Ryan was enjoying himself. He was still a bit cold, but other than that he didn't mind. He heard the question get asked to Kanen, then it went to dare. That's when Mason had called him out. Ryan started to get mad at that. He stood up, took a drink from his beer and then he spoke. "Hey Mason, Back off him man. You don't know half the shit that he's probably going through. So what if he doesn't want to talk about it. I mean I could ask you the same question. Huh, How about you? The Mason lifestyle.. Everything's so perfect? You're captian of the football team, got a loving brother that cares about you. Your mom too. How about you take a step back, cause last time I checked you weren't even playing the game." He said taking another step. Ryan didn't like Kanen that's true, but he respected the man. He was the only one that could stand toe to toe with Ryan. "So shut up or nut up." He said taking a seat. He didn't get physical with Mason, but he did get verbal. He needed to learn not to fight everyone with his fist, but with his words.
High5ives High5ives Winona Winona

Stu was persistant. Kanen was ready to just walk away, drink in peace. Avoid this silly game. But Mason interjected, and suddenly Kanen found himself angry, almost feeling betrayed by the boy. You know what? Fine.

"No, Ryan. Mason oughta fucking know.."

Kanen set the bottle down and stood up from the barstool he had been sitting on. "You wanna know Mason?" Kanen snapped, quickly turning aggressive towards his former friend. "I pushed you away because I didn't know what else the fuck to do! There were days where I couldn't even convince myself to get out bed, let alone call you!" Kanen continued, his voice rising up into a yell.

"Finding my dad with a fucking noose fucked me up! I'll own it!" By now, tears were pooling in Kanen's eyes, but he defiantly blinked them away. "But you should've fucking been there, Mason! Where the fuck were you! I was too proud to say it, but I fucking needed someone. Anyone! Where the fuck were you when I crawled into a fucking bottle!" Kanen slammed his fist down onto the counter top.

He finally cracked. Kanen, who had tried so hard to convince everyone that he didn't give a shit about anyone or anything, finally let the tears fall. "Don't you dare try and say this is all on me! When he died you were the only fucking person I had! Who the fuck else was there Mason?! Fucking who!? You should of known better than anyone that I needed help! How could you not have fucking seen Mason?! Where the fuck were you!? I felt like I was drowning in my own fucking head, and you should've been there to pull me out! But you weren't!"

Kanen looked around he table quickly, suddenly feeling so ashamed. "Where the fuck were any of you...Everyone in this whole fucking town knew what happened, not one of you can try and tell me you didn't! But did any of you do a fucking thing?! Of course not! Fuck me right? Just let the asshole drink away. Maybe I'd just leave you all alone and you could go on pretending that everything was OK!"

Kanen paused."Fuck all of you. Especially you, Mason." He muttered, grabbing a bottle off the counter and walking away.

Well, didn't Mason just have a lovely time this year of being yelled at and getting into arguments and fights? It was obviously all Neck-Tie's fault. That damn kid was a bad luck charm on Mason, and he'd need to stay away from little freshie as much as possible.

"Ryan, stay the fuck out of this. You don't know what goes on in my life." Just like Mason had no idea what Kanen had gone through. But still, he didn't need someone thinking he was perfect -- not now, when he was struggling so much to balance everything that was being thrown at him, at everything that seemed to just pile up and double year after year, while Mason struggled to keep his head above the tide.

But this wasn't about Mason right now. He remembered when it had happened -- when Kanen's dad died, and the two drifted apart. Mason had wanted nothing more than his best friend, but everything that had been piling up on him... it felt wrong to dump that on Kanen when he was going through so much. And at the end of the day, Mason had only had time to deal with his family.

Drake had overdosed and been sent to rehab, and that was when they discovered he had bipolar disorder. None of it really mattered because in the end, Drake was more addicted now than he had been before. And before all that, Adriane had shown up at his apartment, dropped off Ari, and said she couldn't do it anymore. And just like, that she was gone. His first girlfriend, his first love, had ditched him with an infant. All at the same time that Kanen was going through the worst hell imaginable.

"Damn it, Kanen. I wanted to be there, I tried, but..." Mason hesitated, his eyes darting around the table of people who had no idea about what had happened, of people who couldn't know. Ryan thought he was perfect, as did so many of these others. And there was no way that Mason could risk dropping the facade, or letting anyone know about Ari. "Damn it, Kanen. I tried. I tried to call you and I'm sorry I didn't try harder."

"I know you were going through hell, and I wanted to be there but... But my own shit got in the way and I know I shouldn't have, and I know I let you down." Mason groaned, but by now, Kanen had blown up again and was storming away.

Mason didn't know what to do, so he grumbled, stood up, grabbed several bottles of liquor, and stomped away.

Meanwhile, Ash couldn't decide if she should go after either of them. Instead, she decided to just grab her clothes, and headed upstairs to change and dry her hair.

High5ives High5ives Dak Dak

[IMG='align:right;']https://i.imgur.com/03oIiJy.jpg[/IMG]As Mason interjected, Neck Tie slowly slipped from his chair. Watching the older kids argue was boring and he decided he wanted more nachos.

He took his drink with him, of course, gurgling, taking more chugs as he went. Neck Tie was almost halfway through the bottle and he was still going strong. He stumbled through the partying crowd and searching everywhere for his beloved snacks. Behind the curtains. Under the lampshade. In the sofa crevices. Hell, he didn’t even know he liked nachos before this. Who knew?

As luck would have it, he found a bag with still some crumbs in it just lying flat on the coffee table. He snatched it, lifted it high and tried funnelling the crumbs into his mouth. But he missed the mark and the nacho dust ended up strewn across the carpet of Ash’s living room. Bollocks.

Neck Tie was now answering to a call even more primal than hunger. He needed to pee, and fast. So he held out his hands and felt his way down a secluded corridor, clinging to the walls as he went. Finally he reached the toilet. It was locked. He leant his ear against the door. It sounded locked, too.

‘Hello?’ he pounded the door and announced his emergency, ‘This is the fire brigade.’

It didn’t work. But he tried the door next to it instead and that worked. He tumbled out into the back garden where the grass was damp. He picked himself up and wiped down his pants, before slogging his way through the puddles to arrive at the rockery.

He stood, or rather swayed, with the bottle snugly kept under his arm pit. There the lad unzipped, and took aim at an unsuspecting pot plant.

Winona Winona

June

June tried not to look nervous as she sat in her chair. Grace and Sawyer had already left. Then she made a horrible desison letting Neck-Tie drink, but he seemed way over his head by now.

This was getting out of hand and it was tumbling down quickly as the deep question laid down by the kid made everyone mad. "We should just calm down..." June tried to say, but it was drowned out by Ryan speaking. She pressed herself back and eventually was startled by Kanen who told everyone everything.

She didn't say anything the entire time, she couldn't if she had wanted to. The whole thing made her feel numb and made her want to help Kanen. But, she stayed in place as he walked away. She didn't know him. What help could she possibly be.

Where the fuck were you?

The words made June lower her head, past thoughts igniting themselves in the ashes. Where was I when Ruby was in pain? Probably calling out for help. Reaching and feeling nothing. "I'll be there for you." June used to say. When they stopped being friends she never thought she would have to see a casket being lowered.

Where the fuck were you? Ruby probably wondered. And in the end she never got a reply.

June didn't notice her hands were trembling until she stood up. Was she selfish for remembering her own experiences through this chaos. Probably. Always. She watched as Mason stormed off next. After hearing the both of them go off, she couldn't handle sitting down any longer. "Sorry. I'm not going to play anymore."

She walked away from the island and watched as the two of them walked away. She bit her lip. Her hand reached out to Mason, but looked over to where Kanen went. She decided to start with Kanen. She headed over to where he was quietly at first before making herself known. "Hi...I don't think we've met formally. I'm June." Nice and easy she hoped. Although, this wasn't nothing easy already.

High5ives High5ives Winona Winona Dak Dak @everyoneelseisuppose​

Xenon
A whole lot happened at once. A boy picked up the bottle he and Marilyn had just delivered and proceeded to start downing it almost instantly. The game of Truth or Dare the more popular kids were playing seemed to be getting a bit out of hand and someone turned the music up way louder than it should've been. Xenon could hardly hear himself think over the blasts of color now pulsing in front of his eyes. His arm tightened around Marilyn's and his heart sped up considerably.

Maybe this hadn't been the best idea. There was way too many people for Xenon's liking and the music was beginning to become a headache for him. "I'm sure the kid will be fine, Mari. Someone will take care of him." He shouted before realizing he didn't really need to, "Um...it's too loud in here. It's making my head spin." He started to pull Marilyn with him to a more secluded part of the house where the music wasn't as loud and there were no people around.

"Sorry. I was getting a little overwhelmed." He apologized sheepishly.

Azerothii Azerothii

Sawyer

Right now Sawyer could care less about anything going on around her as she sat here with Grace. The fucking house could be on fire for all Sawyer cared. She smiled and placed two hands on the sides of Grace's face and leaned her forehead against the other girls. Sawywr just sat there like that for a moment, trying to memorize Grace's eyes. She didn't ever want to forget those eyes.

"I want to know that I'm here." Sawyer said suddenly, "No matter how long it takes. I'm not going to rush you to come out to the world." She laughed, her thumb sweeping along Grace's cheek bones, "You take your time cause I'm not going anywhere." Sawyer went silent again still just staring at Grace like she was trying to paint a permanent picture of her in her mind.

Then the moment was promptly interrupted by some drunk idiot stumbling into the backyard and.....fucking hell. Sawyer made a disgusted noise, finally pulling away from Grace but not letting go of her hand. She shouted at the boy rather angrily, "Hey, man! Pretty sure a flower pot is not a toilet!" She snorted and dragged Grace back off toward the house.

"Come on. We've got some more drinking to do."

Soap Soap Dede Dede @momentruiner

Kanen had found his way out to the front porch, letting the cool air hit his face as he did his absolute best to down the bottle in his hands. It was quite out here, though he could still hear the music coming from inside. It took Kanen a moment to reel himself back in, but he was soon drinking quietly.

He didn't even bother looking up when June came up and introduced herself. "And I'm busy. Leave me alone." Kanen muttered. He just wanted to be alone right now, especially after having that little embarrassing breakdown in there.

Moonshadow Moonshadow
-~-~-~-
Bjorn didn't know what else to say to the girl as she leaned up against him, but he couldn't just leave her. He'd feel too guilty about it if he did. He figured for now, holding her would be enough. Bjorn was perfectly happy sitting here quitely, as long as it helped.

R Rock And Roll Boy

Jace had, at this point, practically barricaded his door shut. First one drunk couple stumbled in, then he locked the door, and another drunk couple came in. Finally done being in the middle of hanky panky, Jace had struggled but succeeded in pushing the couch in his bedroom in front of the door, successfully making sure no one could interrupt him.

He then returned to his desk, which overlooked the backyard. Finally, he could relax. Jace took his seat, pulled his headphones on, and pressed the play button on the section of music that he was trying to edit. It was a simple melody that he was hoping to pair with some kind of lyrics later, but Jace wasn't the best when it came to words.

And then, right when he thought he was safe from Ash's drunken party friends, a kid came stumbling up to the plants in front of Jace's window. He had taken on planting in hopes that it would help his creativity when it came to writing things, but it had done nothing but stress him out more.

But now, this kid was peeing on his plant.

"Hey!" Jace yelled and struggled to get out of his chair, only to fall on his face while his headphones were yanked off of his head. He scrambled to his feet, running to the door that led from his room outside. "Not in my petunias!" He yelled at the kid as he stood there in the doorway, in his flannel pajama bottoms, t-shirt, and yellow slippers.

Dede Dede

Marilyn might not be able to hear all the negativity that was happening infront of them, but she knew that things were spiralling downwards the moment that freshman became awfully drunk. It was to the point that she became uncomfortable staying here along with the guilt that followed her for bringing the cursed bottle. All that was needed now the next morning is some authority knocking at her door step demanding if she was responsible for that kid’s alcohol poisoning.

She slowly took a step back to inch away from the scene before she felt the tight grip on her arm. Marilyn raised her hand to see Xenon’s face just like hers but worse, she could see what it must felt like for him to hear all this negativity compared with the amount of people that slowly started to suffocate him. So she made no complaints when he suddenly pulled her into a more secluded area where it just the two of them alone.

She didn’t know which part of the house they were but it sure seems like no place someone would be interested to even check out. Marilyn reads his lips before she frowns, she gently removes her arm from him to replace it with her hand holding against his in hopes of comforting him like a worried friend.

“D-Don’t say sorry...It must have been nauseating for you to experience that. Must have looked dark and messy.” She replies as her thumb just gently rubs his hand. Looking back at the expressions she has seen as well as everything else, she couldn’t help but frown softly and sigh.

“For some reason Ifeel so sad and tired....their faces..like they needed someone not just to be there....but to do something about it well. But perhaps they were too hurt and stressed...” Marilyn slowly explained what feels about the scene, continuing to rub her thumb over his hand mindlessly.

“I think they need to eat comfort food.” She weirdly suggests out of nowhere. “Food heals the soul after all.”

KingofAesir KingofAesir

June

June sighed a little when he seemed angry. Which she expected, but wasn't going to back down from. "Sorry that your busy." She said and proceeded not to heed his words. She sat down next to him and looked up at the sky. She was quiet for a while, wanting him to calm down or relax before she spoke again. "I like plants. They keep me company and I can talk to them without them talking to me. Plants can't judge you or leave you. They are stuck in their soil so they make to be best friends." She was quiet again. How could she make him feel better? How could she make him feel anything? She didn't even know him besides hearing his outburst. But she didn't want to bring it up. She just wanted him to notice her. "But, it's hard to take care of plants. They need certain things and if you don't deliever it they can wilt. But I found talking to them kept them healthy a little longer... So... do you want to talk about it? Talk about anything and I'll listen." She smiled trying her best. Hopefully he saw this as kindness instead of annoyance.

High5ives High5ives

Ryan had listened to Kanen. Shit, he felt like shit. Kanen knew exactly what to say when he blew up. It took Ryan a minute to collect everything that he had said before slowly grabbing his clothes. He was going to get dressed, but also needed to use the bathroom. There were many reasons why Ryan wanted to go. Another reason was cause he wanted to look at himself in the mirror. Some of the thins that Kanen had said were true. Ryan should have been nicer to the guy. But what was already said was the truth. He grabbed a bottle of Whiskey that he had brought with him too. With his clothes in one hand and a bottle in the other, Ryan made his way upstairs.

He looked at all the doors. All of them looked the same to him. "Shit, what fucking door is it?" He thought to himself before slowly opening and walking in and shutting the door. He hadn't looked to see who was in the room cause he thought it was the bathroom. He slowly turned around and immediatly turned away. He had just walked into Ash's room. The black haird boy, who was in nothing but his underware and one sock. He felt the warmth of the room all across his body. His hair seemed to stand on end on his arms and legs. Hopefully Ash didn't notice that he had accidentily walked in. He thought about rushing back out the door. But something was keeping him there.
Winona Winona

Drake had slipped his way downstairs, trying to be as secretive as possible, but that was difficult with all the siblings that Alester had. He found said closet, and pulled out the weird bottle that he had asked for. Drake then slipped back upstairs, waiting in his room until Alester was ready to go.

"Yeah, I'm ready for shots among other things." He said with a smirk, passing the bottle over to Alester. Drake listened as Alester talked to his sisters, and then he grinned. "Wow, looks like everybody's coming to this, huh?" Not that it was really a surprise.

Ash had been shoulder deep in her closet, looking for the perfect shirt to change into. She'd at least replaced her pants, but a shirt was a lot more difficult to try and decide. It was about then that she heard her door open. Ash pulled out of the closet, blinking in surprise to see Ryan in her room.

"Oh, uh, hey." Ash smiled brightly, turning back to her closet. "So, Ryan, couldn't wait to see me when I came back down? Had to follow me?" She laughed at the joke as she pulled out a top, considered it, and then tossed it onto the pile of other clothes that she didn't feel like wearing. Yeah, the area by Ash's closet was kind of a mess.

Otherwise, Ash's bedroom was reminiscent of an eight-year-old's. Pink walls, purple bedsheets, and then simple white dressers. And of course, the last thing was the large cage in the area with a ferret that sleepily lifted his head.

Dak Dak

Grace

‘I want you to know that I’m here’ There aren’t enough words in the world to explain how that made her feel. Hearing that Sawyer wouldn’t rush her, Grace felt relieved. “Thank you.” She smiled softly at her. The sweet moment was interrupted as someone drunkenly made their way into the yard to take care of..business. She chuckled as Sawyer yelled at him.

Who then got up, saying that they had more drinking to do, Grace wasn’t opposed to the plan. But she might have to ask Ash if she could spend the night here.. She didn't think it'd be a good idea to drive, Especially since she's pretty sure she had seen June with a drink. Grace followed Sawyer into the house, hands still linked with her own. Once they walked back in, the mood in the kitchen wasn’t very lively as it was earlier, even missing a few people that were playing. She looked around for Ash. But she didn’t see her anywhere, she didn’t see June either so that was a bit odd.

“It seems like the party's dying down." Grace said with a shrug, but then again..anything can happen. She withdrew her hand from Sawyer, apologizing with a small smile. She made her way, to where Kanen used to be. "Looks like the bar needs tending." She chuckled. "What's your poison?" She asked playfully, knowing how cheesy it sounded.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Ryan was taking it all in. The pink walls, the purple bedsheets. It was definetly a girls room. "Uh...No... Ah. I was just looking for the bathroom and I accidently stumbled into your room." He said still looking around. That's when he noticed the cage with the ferret in it. Ryan had always wondered what it would be like to hold a ferret. "I didn't know you had a pet. What's their name?" He asked looking in the cage. He pulled back from it. "I brought a bottle with me cause, you know, why not?" He said before slapping himself in the forehead. "Yeah, smooth move stupid. Just barge into her room, basically naked and offer up something to drink as an appologie. Fucking stupid. She isn't a fan of you." He thought. "It's a nice room..." He said before slapping himself in the head again. "Way to say it cassanova..." He thought. "I'm sorry, I'm just gonna leave." He said. He was being awkward. He was kinda awkward around people that he liked.
Winona Winona

Kanen let out a sigh as the girl came to sit by him, obviously doing her best to try and talk to him. Kanen didn't wanna hear it though. It was about through with everything tonight, he was ready to just go home at this point. "Look, I appreciate the effort, but I haven't got shit to say. Not to you, or anyone else." Kanen slurred, standing up, leaving his empty bottle behind. With that, He decided it was time to go. With the cool night air at his back, Kanen stuffed his hands into his pockets and began his walk home, assuming he didn't pass out somewhere along the way.

Moonshadow Moonshadow

June

June was disappointed, but then again, saw that she couldn't help. He wasn't a Ruby. "Fine." She said, but noticed his slurred words. Biting her lip, she stood up. "Just remember what I said. Also, be careful." She called out, but he didn't seem to heed her words. She frowned a little and looked down at the bottle he left behind. I'll try again next time. She told herself, trying to comfort her mind as she picked the bottle up and walked inside.

She walked through the party dodging people as she looked for Mason and instead, saw Grace and Sawyer at the bar. She wanted to ask where they went, but opted to not say anything as she approached them. "Hey, Grace." She placed the empty bottle in the trash can and scanned the party again. "Um, would you happen to see Mason floating around here? Just want to make sure he's okay." She went and sat next to Sawyer. She felt like she was disturbing something, but she couldn't help it. She couldn't find anyone else she knew. She had no choice, but to rely on her non sister.

High5ives High5ives Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir Winona Winona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back