• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ash
Actual SMILE.gif

She hoped that she hadn't hurt Casper's feelings or offended him or something since he didn't do any kind of talking, but he was blushing and Ash would take that as some kind of compliment. Or maybe it was a blush of like oh god, why her because at this point, Ash was starting to think that that's where people's minds went before anything else. But hey, maybe she was just drastically overthinking everything. Yeah. That was probably most definitely the answer here.

At least when Ian came up, it was some kind of distraction from how bad Ash now felt. She glanced over at him, a smile on her face before she noticed him hugging his abdomen. Her smile fell as quickly as it had rose on her face, and she looked back at Stu and Casper. "You two look like you're doing great. Call me if you need any help, but I think you guys will be fine." She said with a smile, and kind of made finger guns in their direction because obviously that wasn't weird.

Ash then looked back at Ian, keeping the smile on her face for now. "Hey handsome," she said, taking his other arm and drawing him away from Stu and Casper to find out what the hell was wrong with him. "Do you have like a stomachache or something? Did Stu already give someone food poisoning?" She asked, new worry lacing her voice.

Dede Dede mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties PenguinFox PenguinFox

Theo

Theo had a hard time wrapping his head around everything. Nova, why didn't he know about Nova? Sure they had never actually done anything but there was an undeniable attraction between them. He should have brought her up. What would have happened if she hadn't shown up? Would he have kissed Jace without knowing about her? Would they have gone further without him bringing her up? The thought of what could have happened made him feel sick. Was that why Stu reacted how he did? Because Jace was taken and yet there he was with Theo. Oh god. He had messed up and bad.

The way she reacted to his name just confirmed his thoughts. The way her expression changed and jaw dropped. So their break up had been his fault? He was the most horrible person to ever exist. There was no doubt in his mind, he didn't deserve happiness. He should just disappear into the mountains and live a life of solitude in a little shack. That way he would never hurt someone as sweet as Nova ever again. It was all his fault. Maybe if he had just stayed in France this wouldn't have happened. He shouldn't have come back home. All he had done since coming back was cause people pain. He should just disappear...

Theo let Nova pull him through the halls of the cabin. Where was she taking him? Was she going to kick him out of the cabin and leave him to freeze in the snow? He wouldn't blame her. That was what he deserved, to be hurt in return. He nodded numbly as she said that she wasn't mad at him. That just made him feel worse. She should be mad at him, yell and scream. Everything was all his fault.

Nova stopped outside a door and started pounding on it. The door opened and there stood a shocked Jace. Suddenly his self-hate was replaced with anger and hurt. He hadn't done anything. It was Jace that hadn't mentioned Nova. It was Jace that strung his feelings along while having a girlfriend. Jace was the one who had to answer for their pain.

"I think you know what this is about," Theo said, crossing his arms over his chest. He walked past Jace and into his room. There was no way he was going to leave without an explanation so he sat down on the bed. "I do believe that Nova and I are owed an explanation," he said to help him along. Feigning innocence or surprise wasn't going to get him anywhere. "You had a girlfriend this whole time? Were you going to say anything if she didn't show up? Or was I just gonna be your piece on the side?" he asked, his tone laced with hurt as he shook his head. "I liked you, Jace. Really liked you. But now I don't know what to think." he put his head in his hands. Sure they hadn't officially talked about their feelings for each other. But the feelings were there. You didn't stay up all night hand painting a little forest for someone who was just a friend
Winona Winona txlos txlos

Nova

As the door opened Nova couldn't help but be grateful for Theo's presence. She had been so sure of herself on the way to this door, her head high, her heartbeat even, her figure steady, but the minute she saw a mop of blonde hair in the doorway it seemed to melt. Hatred filled her being, jaw clenching and hands becoming clammy. It repeated in her head on a loop, Theo's voice saying that Jace had never mentioned her, and each time that hammer came down a little harder. How had she never been mentioned? Was she just that disposable?

Shaking the thoughts for now, Nova silently followed Theo into the room and shut the door, wincing as it slammed a little. Quickly, the brunette took a seat beside her new friend. Were they friends? In a sense, she guessed that at least had this weird mutual bond. Both were involved in this shit storm that Jace had so lovingly created for them, both wanted an explanation, and both were confused, so I guess that at least made them somewhat friends. She looked up to Theo then, smiling a little at him as he took control of the conversation. Nova's heart was still caught in her throat, but once the boy had made his prompt, she figured it was time for hers.

"You never told Theo about me?" The statement was a shaky question, tears banging against her eyes, shouting their threats to fall. Her eyes slowly came up to Jace's as a tense tightness filled the air around them. It was a short question, but it seemed to silence the room, making heartbeats audible. Right now, it was the only thing Nova wanted answered. Not that she thought Theo was lying, but some weird part of her wanted to hear it from her beanie boy that she had never mentioned him, never bothered to bring her up, hid the pictures of Nova that were in his room and on his phone. All because he had found someone better to lie to.

Winona Winona Maree Maree

Drake
Arms In the AIR.gif

She said yes! That was... a weird thing to get super excited over. Like, hurray! I'm moving in with my not girlfriend but we're dating but not dating dating and yay we're moving in before making things official or whatever! Ah, whatever, he was happy, and Drake wasn't sure if he ever remembered being this happy. At least not when he was drugged up on fake happiness. Although did it count? Even if to a degree, it was fake, it was still kind of real. The happiness he got.

God, he was missing the drugs already. At least Belle was a lovely, and very sweet distraction. He wrapped his arms back around her, squeezing tightly, and trying to keep himself from crying or something over just how sweet she was being. Drake was reluctant to let go as she started texting on her phone, her words still ringing through his head. "You shouldn't do anything for me." He mumbled, rubbing at his eyes that were starting to water a bit. Fuck. Where had Belle been all his life? No one else he knew would have dropped everything like this for him... other than Mason, but his brother didn't count. "I... I don't know if I really deserve it, but... thanks." He said, his lips wavering as he smiled, and her next question made him wince. "No, it's not... I wish it was."

He laughed a bit when she mentioned Ari. God, maybe if he just remembered that he was doing this for her, it would make this whole thing so much easier to handle. After all, Drake loved Ariana more than anything else. "Her favorite color is green. Well, I like to think that's her favorite color." He said with a laugh. His attention was perked as she pulled a thermos out of her bag, and even a little cup, pouring the tea. Wow. "Damn, do you have a whole kitchen in there?" He joked.

Drake took the tea from her, taking a gentle sip, his eyes falling shut for a moment. Well, it wasn't too bad. After a moment, he opened his eyes again, looking over at her with a smile. "I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend today, but... I thought this was more important. And like... that you deserved something more than a lying drug addict. But... I promise that one day, I will ask you. When I deserve you."

Maree Maree

Jace
Very Annoyed.gif

This was a disaster, plain and simple. Jace should've jumped out the window instead of answering the door, but now here he was, stuck between a wall and a hard place. What had Nova told Theo to get them both into such a tizzy? After they both asked him basically the same question, it occurred to Jace exactly what had happened. Nova had left out part of the story, and Theo was acting as if they had been this huge flirtatious couple, which was just silly. Jace never flirted! He was horrible at it!

"Alright, no, I didn't tell you, Theo. And Nova, I didn't tell anyone about you. It's true." Jace admitted. "By the time Theo had come around, you'd been gone for probably a month at that point. And you know what I did that entire month? I didn't talk to any girls, to any guys, I made it very clear that I was still in a relationship. And then I'd go home and spend every night trying to call you and text you until I passed out, Nova. You just disappeared, and I know that wasn't your fault at all, but what the hell was I supposed to think? You just disappeared. You weren't at school one day, so I go to your house, and everything is gone. Nova, you were gone. And then I spend that month just... trying to contact you, and there's nothing. What the fuck was I supposed to think?"

"So yeah, I'm sorry that after a month of not being able to contact my girlfriend with no explanation, I decided to move on with my life and assume that we'd broken up." Jace snapped. At this point, he didn't care. Both of them hated him, and why did it matter what he said? It was too late to go back and yeah, if Jace had had any inkling that Nova would be coming back to him, then there was no way that he would've done any of this. She'd been secure in her knowledge that she'd be returning to Jace, but Jace had just been left alone, without any idea of what was happening. Obviously that was something neither was considering.

"Then Theo came back, and I spent the next month -- guess what? -- upset because I couldn't get a hold of loving girlfriend. And for that month, I didn't talk to Theo. It's not like I jumped on the next available dick out of Nova Town. And then a million other shitty things happened -- my mother came back, I lost my only other friend, and I was fucking alone." Jace explained.

"Finally, finally. Two months after Nova left, Theo and I started talking. But you're both treating this as if I've been sucking his fucking dick." Jace was going off on a bit of tangent, obviously. "We haven't kissed, we haven't even discussed feelings. We've just been hanging out as friends -- I didn't even know you liked me until right fucking now, Theo." Jace snapped, glaring at Theo as he spoke. "And yeah, I like you, too, but it's not like this was just something out of nowhere. And guess what? This might be crazy, but I haven't actually made any moves or tried to make any moves, and you know why? Because I still wasn't over her."

Jace took in a deep breath. "Look. Nova, if I'd known that you were coming back, I would've waited for you without a second thought. Nova, you were the first person I ever actually loved, and it broke my heart when you disappeared without a trace. And I'm sorry that when you came back, I handled it so badly, but I didn't want you thinking everything was returning back to normal, as if you'd never left. Because you've been gone for three months, and you said that you'd stalk my social media, and... what... you couldn't bother to send a message or something? If our situations were reversed, I would've done everything in my power to make sure I contacted you to let you know what was happening. But instead, you just watched from afar and left me alone for three fucking months."

"And Theo, I wasn't intentionally leading you on or whatever you think. If I had known that Nova was still even a remote possibility, I would've told you about her. But have you told me about all of your exes? No. It hasn't come up. When the fuck was I supposed to mention that a girl who I thought was the love of my life just disappeared without a word?"

"If you have any more questions, come find me, but stop painting me as the bad guy here." Jace's eyes settled on Nova as he spoke. "It's fucking shitty of you to tell him that I just broke your heart for no reason, without mentioning the whole disappearing for three moths act. Alright?" And then his eyes turned to Theo. "And it's even shittier of you to assume what you hear about your friends from other people to be one hundred percent accurate without asking."

And with that, he opened the bedroom door and headed out, slamming it behind him. Jace made his way through the cabin, ignoring everyone, until he got to the front door, where he pulled on his coat and boots, and then stepped outside. A quick glance around, and he caught sight of the grill with... Stu and Casper. God... well, there wasn't anywhere else to go. So slowly, he made his way over, looking awkwardly at the grill. "So uh... kill anyone yet with your cooking?

Maree Maree txlos txlos mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Dede Dede

Neck Tie

A8756uJ.gif

When Ash fired the finger guns in his direction, Neck Tie was quick to read the cue, clutching at imaginary bullet holes between his incredible abs as he tumbled backwards some in the most dramatic way possible.

He was back to tending the grill in no time. This was a job which he obviously took very, very seriously. He ladled some marinade over the steaks with great finesse. Then he grabbed the little spice jars and demonstrated to Casper the juggling arts. If that wasn’t impressive enough, Neck Tie proceeded to send the tongs flying into space, which he'd hope to catch in their descent. But the tongs, having spun beautifully on their way up, came pelting down like a missile smack onto his forehead! ‘Ow!!!’ he cried. Thankfully, it was the rubber handle end which struck him between the eyes.

Meanwhile all the meat sizzling away on the cast iron was creating a great pall of smoke. Neck Tie choked, coughed, and choked some more, before trying to dispel the thick black cloud by flailing a dish towel at it. But it was a lost cause. Now their little corner of the patio was completely covered in smoke, and Beanie Boy could not have picked a worse time to heckle Neck Tie at his job!

‘Maybe I’ll start with you,’ the boy replied when questioned if he'd killed anybody with his food. He didn’t mean to be friendly or funny. He just didn't know why Jace was talking to them right now, and he’d much prefer it if he'd just leave them alone. The bigger concern was that Theo might come spilling out of the cabin next and give them a hard time. Now there was a guy who truly deserved to choke to death on a fat piece of rump.

As if he'd been a firefighter in the past life, Neck Tie fought the flames and managed to fork a piece of steak onto the paper plate. This he then sloppily passed onto Jace with little concern for presentation. Hopefully the sight of that dish alone would be enough make Beanie Boy go away, and never return.

Winona Winona mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkaieiv77e1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace narrowed her eyes looking up at Sawyer. "I'm not jealous." She stated a lie. Continuing to listen to her girlfriend.

Grace felt all the tension that build up over the night fade almost completely as Sawyer reassured her, intertwining their fingers together and she sighed, of course they were just friends. She was panicking for no reason, well, no she wasn't 'panicking.' Kind of. Whatever, the point was, Grace wasn't jealous. The next few seconds she was completely okay, all her worries were gone.

Were.

'it only happened once.' Now that made sense now. Great. Thanks the insight on that, Hunter.

Someone's first time was a big thing! It was. Doesn't matter if they were drunk, or they decided to stay friends. That was... extremely serious. For Grace anyway, she wasn't sure why they'd stayed friends so easily, or why it seemed so simple. Maybe Grace was weird, but her first time was something she would want to remember. Not make a mistake drunkenly. Not that Sawyer made that decision easily! She's just... she was glad that wasn't her own experience. Okay, she's coming off a bit harsh. But she couldn't help it if that's what she believed. "Oh..." Grace released Sawyer's hand and averted her gaze to play with the ring on her finger. She wasn't mad. Just... she didn't have a word for it.

No, she wasn't jealous.

Why was she being so weird about this? Of course Sawyer had other girlfriends before, she knew that. Obviously. Why didn't it ever occur to her that her first time happened with someone else, she knew that happened too. Grace just... never really thought about it. And then this girl shows up and she's extremely amazing, and it's all she could think about. "Okay." Okay? What about this was okay? It should be okay. There was no reason for it not to be okay. Naturally, she did the Grace thing to do and put on a smile.

Sawyer and Hunter slept together. But it's fine, totally okay.

She was totally okay.

Grace looked towards the small smoke fire that Stu had started. "Maybe we should've gotten someone else to cook..." Grace Jackson? Changing the subject? More likely than you think.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Theo

Theo put his head in his hands as Jace walked out. "Well, that could have gone better" he muttered, running his fingers through his hair. What now? There were just too many feelings. Why did Nova have to drag them to confront Jace? "I'm gonna go after him," he said while standing up from the bed. Everyone felt hurt and that hadn't made it better. "No one is the bad guy here. We are just a bunch of confused teenagers" he added then walked out of the room. How could he fix this? Everything was so confusing. None of them were the bad guy yet all of them were. Nova vanished without a word. He hadn't really voiced his feelings yet assumed that Jace would know about them. Hell even he hadn't really figured it out even if he unconsciously knew what he was doing. Why hadn't he made things clearer? He shouldn't have let Nova pull him there. They were high on all their confusing emotions and it clouded their judgment. Jace wasn't a bad guy.

He needed to track Jace down so they could properly talk. So he searched all inside the cabin with no luck. That was until he saw him standing outside with none other than Stu. Right beside the barbeque which would no doubt smell like burning meats. Oof. Was that intentional or accidental? He was standing beside the two things he would rather not go near. And yet he still shoved on his boots and pushed the door open. Not bothering with a jacket because ideally, he wouldn't be out there for long. Also, he left it in his room and he didn't want to go all the way back and risk losing Jace. He joined the trio almost choking on the amount of smoke that was coming off the barbeque. "Hey, can we talk? I want to apologize" he said to Jace, waiting a few minutes for him to agree. Even though it looked like he didn't want to.

Theo lead Jace to a quieter spot outside before he started speaking. "Well this is a clusterfuck and a half," he said, awkwardly rubbing his neck. He didn't even know where to start. Or how to start? This was a mess. "I'm sorry Jace. Everything has just been so confusing. I feel emotions really intensely sometimes and they tend to overwhelm me and cloud my judgement" he explained, meeting the boy's eyes. As hard as it was to do it didn't feel genuine unless he was looking at him. "I've never felt like this towards another guy. So I've been struggling with that a bit. Then this pretty girl comes along and says you broke up with her. I just felt like it was all my fault" he trailed off, choking up a bit. "I wasn't dragged to your room because I wanted to bite your head off. I just wanted to sit down and figure out what was going on. It didn't go that way. I should have made things clearer and I'm sorry for that." He just hoped that Jace wouldn't yell at him again because he meant what he was saying. "You're not a bad guy. In fact, you're an amazing one. I shouldn't have doubted it for a second."

"If you'll forgive me. I would like to find out what this is" He said, taking his hand in his. All he could do now was hope that he hadn't ruined everything. If he had? he didn't know what he would do. He might have not fully recognised the feelings at first but he did now. The way Jace's hand fit in his. How even the simplest of touches sent sparks of electricity jolting up his arm. This could be a good thing. A really good thing. "I promise from now on if I hear anything I will find out the truth from you first" he added, looking at him hopefully. Everything would be okay. Worst case scenario Jace would spit on his face and yell some more.
Winona Winona txlos txlos

Belle
Belle shook her head, a small amused smile playing on her lips. "I think I'll hold off until I get confirmation from Mason on that one" she mused. It would be a disaster if they started painting things green and she didn't like green. It looked like she was going to stick with the spiderman feature wall idea. That would be cute. Having a child in the house would be a new experience. Sure she had done plenty of babysitting and she was good with kids. Living with one would be quite the adjustment. But hey, anything to keep these boys out of trouble.

She raised her brow as he started talking about how he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend. Was? She did not approve of his use of past tense. This was not allowed. She set her cup down and turned to face him, crossing her arms over her chest. "No," she said, her tone stern. She got to her feet and stood in front of him. "I'm not sure what kind of girls you're used to but that doesn't work for me." she took his hands, pulling him to his feet. There was no way she was accepting this was nonsense.

Honestly, he should know by now that once she set her mind to something. It was going to happen.

"Lying, Drug addiction. You're more than your demons. You are the sweetest person I have ever met. You like superhero movies and eating ice cream with me at midnight. You get pouty when I destroy you in Mario Kart. That is my Drake" she told him, looking into his eyes. If he wasn't going to do it then she would have to take things into her own hands. "I don't know if you know this but there's this thing called feminism," she said, smiling softly. She removed her hands from his. "That women are equal to men and can do anything they can do" she explained. Her arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to her. "Drake Riley Martin, Will you be my boyfriend?" she asked. "Just keep in mind that we are beside a cliff" she teased, smiling innocently
Winona Winona

Last edited:

Ian let himself be pulled away by Ash. He knew exactly where this was going before she even said anything. He wasn't doing a good enough job at hiding his pain, which was unusual for him. He gave her a half-hearted smile and chuckled. "No, no food poisoning-" he looked over at the smoke billowing from the grill. "-or at least not yet." he paused for a moment thinking of how to put this in way that wasn't crazy sounding. "So sometimes...I do stupid things. One of the most common stupid things I do..." he closed his mouth and started over. "Growing up I was told a great way to get musical inspiration is get a rush of adrenaline." Ian nodded slowly, thinking this didn't sound too weird. "And such ways of getting that adrenaline include pranks and-" he raised an eyebrow as he looked at Ash as if he were asking a question on what he did rather than telling her. "-and picking fights?"

Ian looked down to the ground embarrassed as he relayed what happened. "Long story short I was trying to get some adrenaline so I picked a fight. I probably bit off more than I could chew." he lifted his jacket and shirt up a little to reveal a large bruise already forming. "But I'm okay, I swear, it's just sore and will be for a few days." he gave Ash a weak smile hoping she wouldn't be too concerned. He hated one person being concerned for him, and more than one was obviously worse. He fixed his clothes as he spoke again. "I haven't thrown up any blood or anything so I'm not like dying or whatever. Looking back though, maybe I should have not picked the biggest guy I can find. Next time I'll pick the second or even third biggest guy." He gave her a wide smile to try and put her mind at ease. There was a moment of silence before Ian scratched the back of his head and laughed awkwardly. "Kanen sure does pack a hell of a punch." Winona Winona

Ash
Kinda Angry.gif

Well that was the dumbest thing that she'd ever heard, and it sounded as if it was coming out of Jace's mom. What a horrible excuse to get in a fight, but Ash bit her tongue, listening as Ian continued explaining. Her eyes widened and her jaw practically dropped to the ground when he pulled up his shirt. Her gaze flicked back up to him when he tucked his shirt back in, and then he said the name of who had gone and done this. And if it had been anyone else, maybe Ash would've just let it slide. Lecture Ian a little bit because damn it, she was worried. It didn't look good. But the moment he said Kanen... well. Maybe she was sick of Kanen's rage.

"Okay no, first of all." She said, holding up a finger to silence Ian. "'Oh well I'm not coughing up blood.' You're going to die because you're gonna, like, lose a leg and refuse to go to the hospital because, oh I'm not coughing up blood." Okay, horrible analogy as her thoughts drifted back towards Ryan, and how he did lose a leg. On the night of their first date. Woo, what a night. The Twitter conversation had made it all feel fresh again. "Anyway, no. This is not okay. Bad Ian. No... picking fights with anyone for musical inspiration. What do you even need musical inspiration for?" Well, she'd find out later. Right now, Ash was too angry to care.

"C'mon, handsome. We are solving this right now." Without waiting for a reply, Ash took Ian's hand and dragged him into the cabin, and towards the room that she had claimed as her own. Once there, she opened the door, shoving him inside. "Stay. I swear to god if you leave, I will hunt you down and make sure that bruise is the least of your worries." Ash had threatened, glaring at him as she did, then she stepped back out of her room, closing the door after her.

At some point, Ash had heard that Kanen had headed off to his room with Hunter. She had fingers crossed that they weren't naked or in the middle of something... yet or whatever. So when she got to the door, she started banging on it with her fist. "Kanen! Put your pants on! Get your tongue out of her throat! I'm coming in because we need to talk." She waited a moment and then opened the door, covering up her eyes as she edged her way in, peeking through her fingers to make sure everything was fine.

Ash let out a breath of relief, then went back on murder mode. "Okay, come on. You're coming with me, big bad mafia man." She said, crossing through the room and offering Hunter a fake, apologetic smile. "So sorry to take your... guy." Then her gaze turned back on Kanen, glaring at him. "Come on, dick." She grumbled, grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the bed and then back out of the room, slamming the door after them before she started towards her room.

"Didn't you just meet her like yesterday? What the hell are you doing?" Ash shook her head. "Never mind, not important right now." She said, when they finally got to her room, and she opened the door, shoving Kanen in ahead of her and slamming the door after her, and locking it. At least that would slow down any escapes.

"Both of you, sit." Ash snapped, but stayed in front of the door, her arms crossed over her chest angrily as she glared at both boys. "I don't know what the hell got in either of your heads, but listen up. There will not be blood here, okay? Kanen, I swear to hell if you so much as threaten someone else while you're here, I will make sure that Stu cooks all of your food." She said, glaring at him, and then turned her eyes to Ian. "And you. Ian, if you try to start shit with anyone again, I will shove you down a hill and make sure no one finds your body until it's too late."

"Now, both of you apologize to each other."

High5ives High5ives PenguinFox PenguinFox txlos txlos

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

Was that food, or just straight up charcoal? It was hard to tell, and Jace's disgusted expression could only look at it for so long before Theo came up. Great. He glanced at Theo, then looked back at Stu and Casper with a sigh. "I uh... I'm good. Not hungry. Thanks, though." Why did that steak smell like lemons? Kinda like the dish soap his grandparents' kept up here. Huh. They must've washed everything with that soap or something, because damn it was strong.

He reluctantly walked away with Theo, listening as he said some apologies and yeah, Jace wanted to forgive him, but it still didn't make up for everything that had just happened. Jace's feelings were easily hurt -- hell, he was still reeling from the denial from that girl he'd liked way back in sophomore year of high school, so a simple apology wouldn't be enough to make him forgive Theo and move on. No, only time would, but an apology was a good start. Time, and maybe talking it over with a third party. Raven or Grace, or... nope, those were his only friends. Damn, he needed some guy friends.

Oh wait, that's right. He liked his guy friend. Jace looked down as Theo took his hand and yeah, it made his heart beat faster, made butterflies explode in his stomach, but... he couldn't. So he pulled his hand from Theo's grasp, and crossed his arms over his chest. When Theo had promised to come to Jace to find out the truth first from now on, Jace's first thought had been I want you to fuck off first, along with a sassy finger snap because if Jace had learned anything from watching stupid chick flicks with his sister, it was that sassy finger snaps would make sure you won any argument ever. And then drift into the next scene.

"Look, Theo, I'm... sorry. I appreciate the apology, but... that really hurt, and I mean..." he hesitated, just shaking his head slowly. "You teamed up with Nova and pinned me in my room. I'm not... good... with confrontation, or... anything, I guess...." his lip started quivering as he spoke, and Jace had to bite it to stop, and look down at the ground. Jace reached a hand up to pull at his beanie, only to find it wasn't there. Fuck. Instead, his fingers started running through his hair obsessively. "I uh..." he swallowed hard, and felt like he was shaking as he thought back to everything. "I can't... right now. I'm... sorry."

And with that, he turned and walked back into the house. God, he felt sick to his stomach, like he might puke. So Jace made his way towards the first bathroom, locked the door, and sank down against the wall.

Maree Maree Mentions: Dede Dede mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

-----------------------------------

Drake
Arms In the AIR.gif

He gasped dramatically, throwing a hand over his mouth when Belle asked the question. Drake pulled his hand away, fanning himself even more dramatically. "Oh. My. God." He said in his best lady impression voice, and also made sure to pretend he was crying. Which wasn't hard since his eyes were already watery from a mixture of tears from admitting to his issues, and also because of stupid withdrawal. "Belle Vera Taylor, I thought you'd never ask. Of course I'll be your boyfriend."

Drake then laughed, dropping his fake act, and set his cup of tea to the side, wrapping an arm around Belle's shoulders. Was this a cute thing to do? Yes? Maybe? Hell if he knew. Drake was pretty sure he'd seen Mason do it on more than one occasion, and look at him! He had girls up to his knees! Yes, he'd just copy Mason.

Wait, if he was someone's boyfriend... they needed to consummate their union of official dating. Shoot. He was panicky for a moment as he looked at Belle, especially since he'd failed to practice or get any tips before this. But it felt right, and this was the kind of moment Drake had been waiting for. Gentle snowfall, a girl he adored... so Drake leaned down slowly, and pressed his lips against hers, hoping it was alright that he didn't ask permission. Were you supposed to ask permission?

Maree Maree

Ok. He kissed Hunter. That happened. Kanen had kissed her, and you know what? It was nice. No. It was great, damn it! Absolutely worth the uncomfort he’d endured over the past ten minutes or so. As is the nature of Westbrook though, the good times didn’t last. Upon hearing Ash yelling and banging on the door, Kanen went right back to normal. Mean, distant, and cold. The trifecta that made him him.

Kanen stood up with a sigh, putting his shirt back and and taking a seat in the bed right before Ash came bursting in. “Hypothetically speaking, if I had been fucking, I wouldn’t stop just because you knocked.” Kanen said, shooting out the smart ass remark in order to hide embarrassment. Plus, Kanen didn’t really want anything to do with wherever this was headed.

When Ash grabbed his hand and dragged him up, Kanen offered little resistance. He didn’t really say goodbye to Hunter either. He was just irritated now. Pissed about be burst in on. Pissed about wherever this was headed. Pissed just because he could be.

After what Ash had said about just meeting Hunter, Kanen rolled his eyes. “You kisses my brother within half an hour of meeting him. I don’t wanna hear it.” Of course Kanen knew the circumstances of Daniel and Ash’s kiss. It’d been an accident, no doubting that, but he really wasn’t in the mood to listen anyone pass judgment on him. Besides, Ash was a great friend, but she’s definitely not the first person Kanen would ask for relationship advice.

Once they made it to the room, Kanen eyes locked on to Ian. Really?! He’d picked a fight, then ran off and snitched to Ash just because he’d gotten his ass beat?! What a fucking pussy! Kanen turned to look at Ash when she demanded that he apologize. “Are you fucking kidding me?” Kanen spat. “You want me to apologize for hitting him, after he clearly wanted to get hit?” Kanen paused. He would’ve just walked out then and there if Ash hadn’t been standing in front of the door. “You were totally fine having me beat the hell out of Zach, but I hit him twice and you’re gonna flip your shit? “

Kanen shook his head, looking back at Ian. “I’m not saying sorry for shit. I’m not sorry. He can go ahead, find himself a spoon, and eat my ass like an ice cream Sunday.”

Winona Winona txlos txlos PenguinFox PenguinFox

Raven
tumblr_ppjto1h6F51tz73b6o6_400.gif

She regretted coming. Wow, did she regret coming. This wasn’t fun! Raven’s night had been full of worrying, and... plain confusion. Yesterday was completely confusing. Naturally, she was still worried about her grandmother. Maybe she should just uber home or something? That thought quickly faded as she realized how much that was gonna cost. And of course she couldn’t go to Carter. ‘Hey, take me home?’ No, that’d be stupid.

Then there was that whole stupid Mason thing. Which Raven was so uninterested in, and she attempted to text Alaska all night last night. But it seemed like no-one in this damn cabin had a phone charger. She stormed through the cabin after asking around, and all the brunette got was; ‘Put down your phone, and enjoy the vacation.’ First off? Fuck off. She didn’t want to enjoy the scenery, or go snowboarding. Raven doesn’t snowboard, no, she avoids ice at all costs.

Except when it came to Alaska, Alaska was an exception. And would always be one without question, but was Alaska here? No. So again, fuck off Brad. Whoops. Chad. Whatever his name was.

She walked towards the patio to ask someone else when a certain blonde boy came rushing past her and into a bathroom, Raven sat there and blinked in surprise for a few seconds. She glanced at her phone and groaned before pocketing it, and walking to the bathroom, placing a hand on the door, she knocked. “Hey, you okay?” Raven asked, and bounced on her heels impatiently. “Open the door, Gayce.” She grimaced at the joke.

“Sorry, sorry, Jace.”

Winona Winona

Hunter

To say Hunter was pissed would be putting it kindly. She had finally gotten the tatted boy to take his wall down a bit, kiss him, see that maybe he wasn't this huge ass all the time and in walks in little miss princess herself, grabbing him by the hand dragging him away. The blue eyed girl left out a huff as she watched him go, pouting out her lower lip and sighing. Was she always around? Was she going to be a problem?

After a minute, Hunter decided to maybe calm down for once and proceeded to flop herself onto Kanen's bed, pulling out her phone and idly scrolling through Twitter. It was amazing to her how open the people of Westbrook seemed to be on their social media, like they didn't care who saw what or who knew who, and it was a little freaky. It was as if privacy wasn't exactly cared about, everyone knew everyone, so everyone knew everything, and the concept was weird for Hunter. She wondered how someone like Tats survived in a town like this, a town where people poked and prodded. He didn't seem like the type to spill just because people bugged him to.

Bored after a few minutes, and deciding Kanen would probably be a minute, Hunter left the room and went to the kitchen, snagging a banana, granola bar and yet another cup of coffee for the day. She swore that she was nothing without three cups a day, it was her life fuel. So life fuel in hand, the brunette went into the living room and plopped down on the couch, laying on her stomach as she scrolled through more social media and waited. It was decided that her and Ash probably wouldn't be friends as she laid there, impatiently wanting to get back to Kanen and ask him what the hell he was thinking (not that she minded the kiss, it was just so unexpected).

(Open for interaction?)

Theo

Theo had sat outside in the cold for a while thinking things over. He sat in a chair beside the hot tub until his skin began to hurt from the cold. So Jace was done just like that? He had barely done anything and he had tapped out. All Theo wanted was an explanation and Jace was making it out like he when in there and screamed insults at him. No. Jace had been the one to yell not the other way around. And yet he had been the one to apologize? How was that fair. It wasn't.

He went over what he had done that could have been taking as him pinning Jace in his room. He had walked past Jace and into his room after saying that Jace knew why they were there. Oh, the horror! He should be arrested for such an assault. What was next? Oh yes! He had said that he believed Nova and him deserved an explanation. Oh no. How could he use such cruel words!? He brought up the fact that he had a girlfriend and that he had liked Jace while he had a girlfriend. Which obviously made him feel like a terrible person so of course, he brought it up. Okay, he had said one thing that wasn't that nice. One thing! Which was a comment about asking if he was just meant to be a side piece? But was that really that utterly horrible and unforgivable. No. Jace was right he was unforgivable. In fact. Theo should just throw himself off the cliff right now.

Theo sighed, running his fingers through his hair. He seemed to realise that sitting in the snow in a t-shirt wasn't the best idea. So he headed back inside and to the kitchen. Part of him hoped that his tacos were still there but to no avail. Of course, some hungry teenager had snatched them up after he turned his back. Not that he could blame them. So instead of feasting on some great tacos, he made himself a coffee. Maybe some caffeine would make him feel better? Or he could take a page from Zach's book. There were plenty of attractive male teenagers around that would be a welcome distraction. Screw the feelings he had. They could easily be replaced with feelings for someone else. Someone good that he wouldn't have the same problems with. More importantly someone single. Not newly single. Just single.

He took his coffee and wandered over to where a pretty girl was sitting. She looked like trouble which Zach said was a good distraction. Breaking some rules? Maybe some laws? You know what. He was sick of being good boy Theo. He wanted to try something different. If Jace wanted to make him out to be a bad guy. Then maybe he should embrace it? He could be a bad boy. It couldn't be that hard, right? "Do you mind if I join you? I haven't seen you around before. A different face is very welcome right now" he smiled, sitting on the couch beside her.

"So where are you from? If you're new to Westbrook I have one thing to say. Run" he said. Oh, what he would do to get on a plane and fly back to Paris right now. He took a sip of his coffee not realising how much he had needed the warmth. It felt strange on his cold body. Apart of him didn't want to feel the warmth. He wanted cold. Sadly the reasonable side of him won over with threats of death. All of his toes falling off did not sound like a good time. "I'm Theo. Your resident sunshine" he introduced himself sarcastically. That might have been true at some point but not right now.
txlos txlos

Hunter

Hunter didn't exactly notice the new body enter the room until he was plopped down beside her, startling her dazed scrolling state. Not many had the guts to just come around sit by a girl they didn’t know, and that much she respected. What she didn’t respect was the monologue of an introduction. He just continued to talk, warning her of Westbrook before actually getting around to his name.

“You don’t seem very sunshiny to me, Theo,” Hunter sighed the words as she sat up, folding her legs under her to sit cross cross and taking another sip of coffee before shaking her head. “And no, not from Westbrook. Not from anywhere really. But stuck here for it. Think I can find some fun though,” and it was true. Hunter was stuck here until further notice, until her parents wanted to up and move and it sucked. This place already wasn’t shaping up to look like any fun. Shaking the thoughts, blue eyes flicked to the brunette next to her. He looked down, there was no denying that, but Hunter couldn’t find a reason to care. Everyone here seemed a little down, everyone a little depressed or hurt. Besides Daniel... Kanen’s brother just seemed like a guy having a good time.

So there they sat, silence filling the space. Hunter wasn’t one for small talk, and this boy looked like he was about to spill his life story. Both were reason enough for her to avoid conversation.

Maree Maree

Theo
This girl did not look interested in the slightest. Not that Theo could really blame her. People these days were easily bored, always scrolling through their phones. Someone feeling down wasn't the most interesting person in the world either. So he pushed his feelings down and changed his expression to one that was more neutral. He pulled out his phone too and scrolled for a bit. The girl opposite wasn't interesting enough for him to feel like bothering to ask questions. Alas apart of him felt rude for not asking for her name at least.

"You never gave me your name. Or do you get a kick out of remaining anonymous? Making people beg to get to know you" he asked, looking up from his phone for a minute before looking back down at it. This was how Mason would act, right? He felt like a bit of a dick. He would show them all. Theo could be just as bad as Mason or anyone else. He remembered the girl saying something about fun so he put his phone down for a minute. "You mentioned something about finding fun? We are surrounded by tons of empty cabins owned by rich people" he said, not really suggesting anything but also hinting to something. If she thought it was a bad idea he would deny it.

There was always the backup plan of going into Drakes's room. He was bound to have some weed stashed somewhere in there. There was probably a dealer around somewhere but he wanted a rush. Something to make him feel like anything expect his usual goody-goody self. This girl seemed like his chance to be introduced to the world of trouble. That or he could go bug Kanen but that would just end in him being punched.
txlos txlos

Hunter

Well, he didn't seem to be giving up and Hunter was alone, so she figured indulging in the stranger's want for interaction was the next best thing. Who knew how long Ash was going to keep Kanen? And waiting around for a guy wasn't exactly something the brunette cared to take part in. Not yet, anyway. So with a sigh, she turned to face him, giving him a weak smile and tapping her pointer fingers against the warm ceramic of the coffee mug. "Hunter," She said with a nod, shrugging her shoulders. "I think my parents were going for a bad ass name that screamed 'don't fuck with me'. Maybe that's where it came from," The chuckle that followed was both one of humor and a hint of malice. Hunter and her parents weren't getting along with this move, what with them screaming at her to get her act together. Which hey! Did it matter? The blue eyed girl was a straight A student, never less. So why did it matter what she chose to do in her free time?

His next suggestion definitely peaked interest though, eyebrows lifting slightly. Empty cabins, owned by rich folk that used them maybe one month out of the year. It did sound like fun, sounded like some easy trouble to get into and it made a wicked smirk begin to poke from the corner's of Hunter's lips. She thought it over, thought about the people here and the fun to be had out there. It was her first week amongst the Westbrook tribe though, and maybe setting off the impression of breaking-and-entering wasn't the best. "How about some easier trouble kid," The words were easy as she looked back to Theo, looking him over. He looked tense, and kinda sad. So much for resident sunshine. It almost made her hard exterior crack. Almost.

"You okay dude? You look kinda... not sunshiny." And while it was meant to be comforting, Hunter struggled with how to phrase it. Therefore, trying the best she could, she offered an attempt at a sincere smile before adjusting her legs, stacking one over the other.

Maree Maree

Theo
Theo laughed softly at her explanation of her name. It didn't sound like she was too happy with her parents at the moment. Then again he wouldn't either if his parents up and moved him to some shithole town. It was kind of sad. The way that she really never had a home. Moving around all the time would make it difficult to make real connections with people. God dammit. It had only been a few minutes and he was already feeling bad for the girl. So much for a tough uncaring guy. Why was he so bad at this?

He almost pouted when Hunter shot down his suggestion of breaking into the rich cabins. Although it sounded like she had a better suggestion. It would probably be better to listen to someone who knew what they were doing. "Easier trouble? What did you have in mind?" he asked, trying to push down his feelings of excitement. At least enough that it wasn't painfully obvious. Were they going to do some pranks? Maybe mess with some people. That could be fun. Honestly, he had no idea what people did to get into trouble. Why was he so bad at this?

Theo was slightly confused when she showed genuine concern about how he was. Ugh. Was it that obvious? He was trying to hide it. Which obviously wasn't working. Maybe she would have better advice than Grace. "Uh, it's hard to explain. I guess I'm just tired of being that guy that everyone walks all over, The pushover" he explained, smiling sadly. People changed all the time! There was no reason why he couldn't as well. Maybe change his name to Blake or something. No. That was stupid. He would have to think of something better.
txlos txlos

Hunter

Hunter couldn't help but frown at Theo's confession, feeling her stomach twist a little. She had been there. Been the person people used simply because she was too nice, too accepting, too open with herself. It wasn't until around the time Sawyer had come along that the brunette had really gotten any kick ass in her, but damn was it needed. Before, people would only come to Hunter when they had a problem, when they needed someone to vent to, which was fine and all, but no one ever truly respected her until she became somewhat of a bitch. Which had it's own downfalls, sure; people making assumptions, spreading rumors behind her back, having drama when it wasn't needed, etc. Long story short, she felt for Theo.

"You don't need an empty cabin to fuck up, we have one right here," The shrug was nonchalant as a plan began to devise in her head. They had a bunch of highschoolers, holed up in a cabin, with no supervision. Getting drunk was the obvious thing, but drunkenly destroying the place gave it too much of an excuse. And a bad one at that. She wanted to have fun, wanted to pull something of a prank if she could, and what a better place to do it than the West cabin? Turning to Theo, she smiled. "Do you know if there's a convenience store near here anywhere?" Her question was laced with intention, brows knit together.

Maree Maree

Theo
The town was rather close to the cabin so it didn't take them long to get to the convenience store. Hunter stubbornly kept Theo in the dark until she found what she wanted. A few packets of water balloons. Her evil plan of starting a water balloon fight in the house was brilliant. At first, he had worried about people getting upset but she snapped him out of it. He wasn't going to be a doormat anymore. The new and improved Theo was going to cause some trouble and love it. Besides, it wasn't like they were going to do it outside where it was cold. Maybe fill them with warm water so no one got too cold.

Now he stood in a rather large bathroom with Hunter filling buckets with water balloons. They were going to stash the buckets around the house so they could easily top up on ammunition. "Got any specific targets in mind? There's gotta be someone who's rubbed you the wrong way?" he asked, raising a brow. A girl like her was bound to cause waves amongst the other girls. Most of them were petty and started feuds at the drop of a hat. If you wore the same colour scheme? Friendship over. God forbid if you wore the same top. It was kind of ridiculous. Hunter didn't seem like that kind of girl who just took others bullshit. It was refreshing to be around. Maybe she would be a good influence on him.

Theo placed the last water balloon in the bucket before turning to face her. "Ready to cause some chaos?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Placing some towels over the buckets to disguise the contents he slipped out of the bathroom. As inconspicuously as he could manage he hid a few buckets around their chosen water fight area. He then returned to Hunter and held a water balloon out to her. "Will you do the honours?"
txlos txlos

Belle
Belle rolled her eyes playfully and was about to call him a dork. But then he did something she hadn't expected and kissed her. She was stunned for a moment but kissed him back. It was sweet and made her heart flutter. What had she done to be blessed with a guy as sweet as him? Her boyfriend. They would be living together soon as well. Mason was gonna be their too which was going to be interesting. Hopefully, he wouldn't bug them too much. She wouldn't mind being friends with him again. As long as he didn't keep flirting with her. That would just be kinda weird.

"We should head back inside before it gets too cold," she said, packing her things away. He would probably want to tell his friends about what happened. They seemed pretty close. Sure she didn't really approve of Masie and Aarons friendship with him. It wasn't that she didn't like them. It was more they didn't really seem to care for him? They hadn't shown up to the hospital when he overdosed. For her, that was quite a big red flag. She wasn't the type to tell people who they could be friends with so she didn't mention it.

"I'm gonna go warm up and catch up with the others. See you around love" she said, giving him a quick kiss goodbye. On her way to the living room she almost walked into Theo who was running around with buckets. Odd but not out of character. He did a lot of things she didn't understand. She sat in a cozy chair in front of the fireplace, wondering who to catch up with. She hadn't really had much of a chance to talk to Carter. Maybe she would message her and find out what she was up to.
Winona Winona

source.gif

Ian was going to try and explain himself more but Ash clearly wasn't going to have any of it. She had her mind set and that was that. Before he could protest whatever she meant by 'solving this' she began to drag him into the cabin, a little too forcefully perhaps. When she pushed him into a room he quickly whipped around to maybe try and get out of whatever was happening. "Why am I being imprisoned? What's happeni-" but before he could finished, the door had closed. "What's with people and threatening me today?" Ian said to himself before moving and taking a seat on the bed. He began to hum a little prison blues style song as he waited for Ash to return.

When Ash did finally return she wasn't alone; she had brought Kanen. Ian had been leaning back but when the pair enter he sat up, visibly confused and a tad nervous. Ash explained her intentions to the two boys and, again with the threats Ian thought. An eyebrow arched; apologize? Ian shouldn't have to apologize for getting gut punched, and Kanen, well to be fair Ian did ask for it so did anyone really need to apologize? The look on Ash's face implied that yes, they both did or neither would leave. Ian nodded in agreement with the other male, he wasn't really wrong after all.

As Kanen continued to speak Ian laughed. "Now that's funny. Can I use that in the future?" his smile faded quickly though. If they both had to swallow their pride they might as well get it over with as soon as possible. "Look Kanen, I'll be honest. I did want you to hit me, don't ask why it's not important, but I didn't want you to hold back, so I said what I said. I figured you would hit like a truck and you did." Ian paused for a moment and thought. "Looking back, this probably could have been avoided if I had just gave you five bucks and said don't hold back, but live and learn yeah? I never meant any insult, in fact take it as a compliment that I thought you were the strongest guy here." he shrugged and lifted up his shirt to reveal the mark the other male left. "In fact, judging by this bad boy, I think we can safely say you are indeed the strongest guy here." he gave him a wide grin and stood up. "No hard feelings here man, and uh...I guess...I'm sorry?" Ian's tone raised as if he was asking a question and his green eyes moved to Ash to see if she was satisfied with his apology. Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Casper

Casper gave Ash an unconvinced, almost pleading look as she said things looked handled, then turned back to watching Stu in what was at least minor horror as he juggled for him while smoke began to rise from the grill, quickly distracting him. How was he this bad at this?

Again, Casper tried to step in as Stu waved the rag, leaning around him to watch the smoke. “Do you want me to help…?” he asked, coughing a bit.

Before Stu could answer, Jace was there, and Casper found themself curling up just a bit as he looked at him shyly. He wasn’t sure where he and Jace stood with each other, and was a bit worried it was somewhere… bad.

And then Stu was being mean. Casper’s eyes watered, and it wasn’t just from the smoke as he pouted, looking at Stu. He could wait until Jace was gone to say anything, though.

As Jace left with Theo, Casper relaxed, turning to Stu. “You weren’t very nice... “ they mumbled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back