• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mason
Handsome.gif

Before he could even reply, Kanen was going off on him, once again. And yeah, maybe Mason was a little more annoyed then he should've been, but this was annoying. Mason hadn't asked to help him, or to even meet up with him today. Kanen was the one that messaged Mason, when he was perfectly content just hanging out with Raven and her family. Instead, Kanen had swooped in and ruined that, and now he had the nerve to yell at Mason for this entire situation!

"No, Kanen, I don't think you're going to get fucking clean. You just show up, claiming you want to get clean with five grand to throw around and a brand new fucking car, and if you aren't apart of some kind of drug shit, then I don't know how you have this fucking cash because you're too damn ugly to have some kind of fucking sugar mama." Not quite what Mason wanted to say, but he was irritated and now that he was talking, there was no stopping him.

"Last time you tried to get clean, you fucking killed Ryder and left Alaska and just disappeared. So why the fuck would I think you want to get clean this time and that you're serious?" He snapped once more, and now that he was started there was no stopping him. "You want me to believe that you suddenly want to change and get clean for just no fucking reason, when last time the only reasoned you tried was because you were on probation with Ash's dad."

"So no, I don't fucking believe it and I think there's more you're not mentioning, but I'll fucking help you until you're either clean or you're dead or some shit. And I'm not getting out of this fucking car, so if you don't want to see me, you get out and fucking walk." Mason said, glaring at Kanen as he finally finished speaking, and took in a deep breath.

Mason then put the car back into drive, and headed around to the drive-through. "Now what the fuck do you two want to eat?"

Dazzle Dazzle High5ives High5ives

Last edited:
Martin

Martin wasn’t as keen on the Shakespeare conference as Elise had been. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Shakespeare (or that he thought that Shakespeare was massively overrated), but he was having a hectic week, had already cancelled one lecture because of the meeting with Principal Nona, and the papers on his desk weren’t going to mark themselves. But he came anyway for Elise, and spent the morning pretending to be interested in the three-hour long exegesis of Macbeth.

Elise’s paper had been interesting, to say the very least. Of course he hadn’t agreed with all of what she said. ‘I don’t know,’ he told her over his bowl of posh artichoke soup and croutons, ‘Languages aren’t static things, are they? Shakespeare himself added a few new words to the dictionary. He was himself a moderniser of language, so I’m not so sure he’d personally be opposed to the idea of having his work refreshed. . . say, for modern tastes.’

He was playing the devil’s advocate to keep Elise on her toes. Obviously a lot of people would have disagreed with her speech, and she would be expected to defend her position fiercely as the session resumed.

‘Your paper was well-argued, in any case. . . if not a little contentious. I’m sure the audience thoroughly enjoyed it,’ He reached over and took her hand over the table. ‘You were brilliant.’

The waiter came round and offered some wine. ‘Yes, thank you,’ Martin said. ‘Could I also get a cup of tea?’ This was the highlight of the conference so far. The buffet was both exotic and excellent, even though they were late to the lobsters. He was pretty sure most people came to the conference just for the food. It was a shame they only had less than half an hour to eat before they had to return to the seminar room.

‘Oh yes. Perhaps I should. . . I should check up on Stu. He’s staying at home because of his suspension.’ Martin put his glass of wine down and took his phone out of his pocket. ‘I really should see if he hasn’t burnt the place down.’

Neck Tie

lwkM2iV.gif

Neck Tie wasn’t expecting to be bored on his first American road trip, but after two hours on the Interstate 295, the endless countryside was beginning to lose its novelty and his little life force was fully spent. He shuffled through the radio stations and the Lifehouse song Broken came on, which irritated him even more. ‘I hate this song. Do you have any good music?’

The blond boy fiddled around with the AC and blew some cool air into his face out of boredom. He was bored enough to check Twitter, which he rarely ever did. He’d much rather play Space Invaders, but he hadn’t been able to do that since he’d cracked his phone at the homecoming after-party.

Suddenly his eyes widened. ‘Stop. . . Stop the car!’

He was scrolling through the messages in a panic, comprehending only fragments of what he read.

‘I think. . . I think Kanen’s back in Westbrook.’ He told the girl. ‘I think he’s there right now!’

The boy surrendered his phone and waited for the girl to read the twitter feed for herself. A bright smile appeared on his face as she confirmed his doubts. Neck Tie was happy, but the realisation that they had been chasing a shadow for two excruciatingly boring hours was forthcoming. He slowly sank into the seat. What were they going to do now?

Thankfully, they were parked in front of a rest stop, and the big yellow M caught his eye right away. His breakfast had been a hurried bowl of cereal and he was famished. He could really use a Filet-o-Fish and some nuggets right now.

‘Yeah — but there isn’t a McDonald’s in my town, so we rarely get to have it,’ he said, popping a nugget into his mouth. ‘We don’t have a lot of things where I’m from.’

He didn’t forget to be polite. He was dining with a girl after all. He split the serviettes and offered some to her. He didn’t drink the coke. He didn’t want to get the hiccups and embarrass himself.

‘Do you think Kanen’s fine? I bet he’ll be thrilled to see you.’

The nuggets were definitely worth the two-hour wait. But now they had a long drive back ahead of them. The girl picked up a map on the way out. He trailed behind her, checking out some of the free brochures on the rack. ‘I’ve no idea where we are,’ he said jokingly. He placed the aquarium brochure back into the mix. ‘I’ve just realised I’ve never seen a real shark before! . . . I mean, I’ve seen Jaws, but I don’t think that counts.’

They were back on the road. Some miles later his phone rang. ‘Shhh— it’s my dad!’ He panicked slightly, unsure whether he should take the call. He switched the music off and fumbled for the green button, cupping his hand over the receiver.

‘Hi dad. . .’

‘Elise and I are wondering if you’d burnt the house down.’

‘No, I’m. . . I’m fine. . .’

‘What have you been up to?’

‘Not burning the house down, I guess.’

‘Should I be worried?'

‘I'm not, actually. Everything’s OK. How are you and Elise?’

‘We’re fine. Elise gave an excellent speech. The buffet’s excellent. Anyway listen, we’re not going to be home till late, and I thought I might have dinner out with Elise, if that’s fine with you.’

‘That’s alright, Dad, don’t worry about me.’

‘You’ve got leftover pizza in the fridge, haven’t you? Wait, what’s that noise?’

‘I’m. . . I’m just playing a racing game. . . OK, dad? I gotta go. I’m about to lose the round. . . Tell Elise I said good job with her speech, and all that.’

He put the phone away and sighed. That was terrifying. Suddenly a sign came up on the road. Blue Planet Aquarium. It was the same one that he saw on the brochure!

‘We might as well check it out,’ the girl said, putting their indicator light on. This took Neck Tie by surprise. Even though his dad said he wasn’t going to be home till late, they still probably should head back to Westbrook. But then again, he really, really wanted to see that shark. And they’d already driven all the way out here for nothing. ’I guess we can stop for a bit,’ he hesitated, ‘I don’t think I’ve been to an aquarium before. Did you know that sharks don’t have bones?’

Winona Winona a z u l a a z u l a

"Didn't look like that much..." Jace gave her a skeptical look. Now she was just making a bad argument. Maybe Ash was just like that, stubbornly sticking to her guns. It seemed like she'd done the same thing with the idea of him and Raven being a thing. She probably realized she'd made a weird decision and was just trying to cover for herself. That would make sense, and weird decisions weren't exactly unheard of with this girl. She was literally the best, but she had a weekly ritual of having terrible ideas.

What if that's why Ash was perfect? She sacrificed her well being every Friday in exchange?

It was a fun little conspiracy theory, but he didn't have much time to entertain it. An airy feeling flooded through him as Ash changed the subject to something way more interesting than a random bundle of t-shirts. Call him over-eager, but did she sound excited to hang out with him again? A wide grin grew onto his face when she called him out on his odd choice of entertainment last time. "Heyyy! Kicking stones can be fun!" He protested, taking a playfully defensive tone.

His only lament of the interaction was that he didn't think to open the door before Ash did. No, he wasn't that old fashioned that he needed to hold the door open for every girl, but he kind of liked the surprised look on people's faces at his unsolicited display of politeness. It was fun. Besides, this was Ash. Girl had enough to deal with without rude doors getting in her way. Jace didn't display any of this as he followed the cheerleader into the school, however. They were discussing something much more important.

"I guess if you play any soccer we could kick a soccer ball instead. Been a while since I've done that, I could even bring an extra coat for you." He suggested, just pulling an idea off the top of his head. Seriously, there had to be something Ash liked for her own sake. Something that wasn't just getting drunk in a stranger's house. It was time to start shooting ideas until something caught her fancy.

Winona Winona

Theodore Presley

Mood:Happy | Interacting with: Ash |Mentions: Zach, Jace
Winona Winona DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Dazzle Dazzle

Theo was once again on a mission. Was it just him or were people becoming increasingly difficult to find within Westbrook. He had walked around the school at least three times trying to track down one elusive Ash. He had double checked the gym four times thinking she might have headed over for the audition. It had been a dead end but it was amusing watching Zach's reactions to Belle's dancing. Now serving firm sausage in the cafeteria. He chuckled a little to himself. Something told him that this was going to be an interesting school year.

Then finally he spotted the blonde walking into the school. Huh. She was outside? He probably should have checked outside. That would have been smart. He inwardly facepalmed before walking over. "Hey Ashie," he said, hugging her tightly. There was some guy following in behind her. He took a step back and looked between them. Why was he outside with a guy? Were they making out? God, he looked like a lost puppy following her around. "Ash, why were you outside with a boy?" he asked, raising his brow. Was he a protective friend? Maybe. Was he ready to scare the hell out of this puppy kid if he messed with Ash? Definitely. Although the more he looked between them he relaxed. This kid was totally friend zoned. Only someone in the friend zone would follow a girl around looking like that.

"Anyways, you are one difficult girl to find. I would have thought you would be in the gym with Grace auditioning the new girl" Theo said, rummaging through his bag. Why was it always so difficult to find the one thing he wanted in a big bag. Good thing he had shoved all of the presents into his hockey bag this time. "Here it is!" he gave Ash a wrapped present that basically looked like a giant lollipop. Well, It was. But it also wasn't. It was a purse that looked like a giant lollipop. What? It had reminded him of Ash when he saw it in a store. She looked a little upset? Hopefully, this would cheer her up.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Ash
Thoughtful.gif

Thankfully, asking about what to do the next time they hung out managed to distract Jace from the conversation. Perfect. "I love soccer." Ash said with a grin. She'd been on a team when she was younger, but eventually high school and cheerleading took over, and Ash had dropped the team. She missed it some days. Cheerleading was fun, but not body slamming other girls aside fun.

And then someone was calling her name, and she turned, confused for a moment until her eyes lit up and she saw Theo. "Oh my gosh! I didn't know you were back!" She laughed, hugging Theo tightly back, and letting go after a moment, and laughed when he asked about her being outside with Jace. First Ryder looking at them suspiciously on Saturday, and now Theo asking. Seriously, what did people think they were? "I just had something to throw away, and Jace came with me. As a good friend." Yeah, she needed to make it clear that they were friends, and nothing more. Especially if she was going to try and get back together with Ryder.

Her eyebrows furrowed together for a moment, confused about what he was talking about. Ash frowned, and crossed her arms over her chest. "There's someone trying out?" She asked, but then brushed it away. Surely Grace had someone else helping her out, and she had remembered that Ash was busy earlier when she'd wanted to hangout. Right... "busy" meeting Kanen, and for what purpose? Heck, maybe she should head to the gym and see what was going on, but for now, she had Theo and Jace with her.

Her eyes lit up when Theo passed her the gift, and she turned it over in her hands, before throwing her arms around Theo in another hug. "This is amazing, oh my gosh. You didn't have to get me anything." Ash said with a laugh, letting go and looking down at the purse in her hands with a huge smile. Seriously. Who the heck made these things, and how much had it cost? She was going to need to make it up to Theo at some point. "Thank you so much."

Of course, she could only think about the purse for a moment before her thoughts trailed back to Grace. "Uh, I think I'm going to head over to the gym and see this tryout." Ash told them, smiling at Theo once more, and then at Jace. "You two can come if you want, but I doubt cheerleading is something either of you would enjoy."

And with that, Ash headed off. First, she stopped by her locker to drop off the present, and then headed for the gym. She felt a little awkward as she poked her head in, smiling faintly when she saw Grace, Sawyer, Zach, and the new girl. "Hey, is Sawyer trying out, too?" She asked with a faint smile.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Truth be told Jace was actually somewhat surprised when his first idea hit the mark. She loved soccer. Right, it was definitely time to start getting more into sports again. Although that was probably inevitable considering Ash was a cheerleader. Seriously, it was like there was a rule that cheerleaders could only date sporty guys or something. Something something boring clique mechanics something.

Unfortunately there wasn't any time to continue on the subject of hanging out with her. Finally the universe decided to start making sense again as one of Ash's friends finally came out of the woodwork to talk to her. He'd started to worry that reality was unraveling or some other catastrophic thing with how oddly alone the popular girls had seemed to be. Existence itself was jeopardized when people like Ash failed to surround themselves with a herd of people.

Anyways, Jace didn't actually know this guy. He recognized the face, just couldn't put a name to it. According to the blonde he'd apparently been away for a while. All Jace knew was that he definitely had a positive impression of the other boy. Something that was only reinforced as he saw how friendly they were towards each other. Whoever Ash's friend was, he looked like fun.

A little less fun was the cheerleader herself though, apparently. That was twice now that she went out of her way to call him a friend. Jace's smile didn't falter like it did last time though. Instead he just glanced off to the side, quietly laughing through his nose. Suddenly he didn't want to look at Ash anymore. For such a good speaker, she was completely tactless with her word choice. The irony was grimly amusing. Nothing came from him, however. He just stood and listened to the girl's sweet voice as she was joyfully reunited with her friend.

It was impossible not to get jealous when she hugged the other guy. She seemed to really like that purse, although it looked kind of ridiculous in Jace's opinion. Was that something that Ash liked? Gifts? It never even crossed his mind that maybe he should occasionally give her things. As much as he liked it when people gave him things, he didn't really place that much value on gifts. Stuff was nice, but most stuff got boring pretty quickly. The best gift to him was time and something fun to do. Still, seeing how happy she got might be an indication that he might need to think about it more often. He hadn't seen Ash this happy since she was with...

Jace's positive expression had finally faded while he was thinking. It took the cheerleader's stunning smile to make him put it back up, although it was a little less sincere this time. Experience in poker made him very good at faking expressions. "I'll pass. Have fun though!" She was right, the only thing he found interesting about cheerleading was her. It was like everything else that involved him just sitting and watching. Cool to see at first, but losing its appeal long before the performance's end. So he stayed behind, waving and giving her a half-faked grin. "Just make sure you show up to History class!"

Before taking his own leave, however, he turned for a moment to the unnamed boy. "Guess I'll get going too. We're gonna have to exchange names next time we meet though!" Jace's voice chimed, accompanying an actually legitimate smile. A smaller smile, but one he didn't have to force himself to maintain. With that he was finally off, striding down the hall in the opposite direction from the gym, letting the pleasant look finally drop off his face. Why did his day suddenly feel less-

Hang on, a new girl was trying out? Okay, screw the negativity for a second. The now completely sidetracked Jace whipped his phone out as he walked, opening Twitter and the DMs of a girl he hadn't talked to since Saturday. He was then promptly stopped from typing a message by their previous message history. Oh. Jace straight up just stopped in the middle of the hallway, face palming with the phone still nestled in his glove. All of a sudden he was grinning again, chuckling at his own expense. He still had a message to type though. So he did that, sending a short little message before continuing on his way. She probably wasn't going to respond, considering their last interaction, but he might as well. Not like he had anything to lose from it.

Winona Winona Maree Maree

Grace
tumblr_inline_pkaltfpzUY1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace turned her head to the sound of a familiar voice and raised her eyebrows in surprise, but shook her head. "Ha, funny." She said with a faint amused smile playing on her lips. What? She loved her girlfriend, but Sawyer wasn't the type to become a cheerleader, she refrained from... her kind of clique. At least, that was before they started dating... however, Grace wasn't complaining, she just hoped Sawyer didn't mind her friends too much. Granted, some of the people she considered friends could be a little...

Just take JJ for an example. She'll leave it at that. Why was Ash even here? Wasn't she too busy to talk anyway? Come to think of it. This would technically be the first time they've spoke since the musical. "...Uh but yeah. Ash, this is Belle. She's new to the team. She auditioned a few minutes ago." Grace busied herself with the notebook in her lap, clearly very interested in deformed unicorn that needed her attention.

Maybe she was still upset about the musical, and the fact that she blew off her text messages more than once.

"I would've told you about it. But you said 'something came up' earlier, I just figured you were busy with... whatever you were doing, so..." Who knows? Ash probably had a good reason, but that didn't mean to ignore her for the past few days. She wasn't just another random cheerleader on her team, she was her best friend. Not to mention... Grace could've really used someone to talk to.

Winona Winona

Ash
Right.gif

It was easy to tell that Grace was upset with her for some reason. Did it have to do with the musical? It wasn't like Ash had single-handedly ruined that entire event, but she did know that well... obviously she played a big part in everything that had happened. Okay, okay, so maybe it was mainly her fault or something. And yeah, she didn't remember much from the musical night, but hadn't she apologized to Grace or... someone? Wow, okay, never mind. She remembered nothing.

At the mention of what Ash had to do earlier, she didn't know how to respond. "It uh... didn't end up taking as long as I had thought." Her thoughts trailed back to Kanen once more, and Ash decided once more that skipping school and blowing Grace off to meet him had been a terrible idea. What had Kanen done for Ash to want to even see him? All he'd done was punch people, particularly Ryder twice. And yeah, she was still somewhat upset about that.

She brushed off those thoughts, instead trying to focus on Grace. Ash started walking towards Grace, Sawyer, and Zach, glancing at Belle and offering the newest cheerleader a small smile. "Welcome to the team," she said briefly, then looked back towards Grace, now noticing the gloves that she wore. "Why are you wearing gloves inside?"

Soap Soap

Grace

Grace nodded. "Gotcha." Still avoiding eye-contact with the other blonde, disinterested in holding a conversation right now. Usually, Grace wasn't one to become really distant. But can you blame her? The musical was a total disaster. And the only reason why... well, there was plenty of reasons why. Maybe if Ash hadn't of ate one of the brownies or... if she wasn't drunk. Yeah. She heard about that too, obviously from someone else.

Alarm was clear on her face for the first few seconds when she'd asked about the gloves. What was it and this damn school with gloves? It wasn't a big deal! Finally looking up towards her set with full annoyance. She would've knew why if she answered her messages once in a while. She hesitated for a moment glancing towards Sawyer next to her and black at Ash. "Because I... want to." Yeah, Grace couldn't come up with another lie on that one. What was it going to be? 'I'm cold?' That... probably would've been a better thing to say.

Desperate to change the subject and get it off of her before her girlfriend had jumped on the opportunity for an interrogation. "What came up?" Yeah, turning the questions on Ash seemed like a perfect idea.

"Y'know... the thing that didn't take long." She clarified

Winona Winona KingofAesir KingofAesir

Sawyer

Sawyer was impressed. She might be a little possessive but this Belle girl had a little fire and she found her jealousy relaxing a little. She was grinning now and about to open her mouth to let Belle know that she was impressed when Ash made an entrance. Grace seemed kinda mad as she introduced Belle and said something about Ash having something to do. Sawyer's smile kind of dropped and she leaned forward in her seat a little, ready to cut the tension if need be. But Ash was already moving toward them. She greeted Belle and then turned to question Grace about her gloves. Sawyer made an exasperated sound and gave Grace a look before turning to Ash. Grace was quick to change the subject but Sawyer wasn't about to let her opportunity slip by her so easily.

"I've asked her that twice this morning." Sawyer turned to Grace with an inquisitive look, "But she refuses to tell me why she's being weird." She crossed her arms over her chest rather annoyed. Another opportunity to press the glove issue was all Sawyer needed to get the truth. Now that Theo wasn't here maybe Sawyer could actually get Grace to tell her something that wasn't a blatant lie. Come on, what was so secret that she had to hide it with gloves and then lie about it. As she sat there practically staring a hole through Grace she was hit with a possibility that she did n ok t want to believe at all. There was no way. Sawyer shook her head at herself. Besides, people didn't hide that with gloves, at least, she didn't think. Nope. No way. Not happening. That is not what is happening.

"By all means, change the subject." Sawyer was almost pouting, "I'll just sit here and wonder why you're being such a weirdo."

Maree Maree Soap Soap Winona Winona

Ash
Thoughtful.gif

Again with people and their pushy questions. Why was it so important what she'd been doing? "It wasn't anything important. I was just helping a friend out with something." And as she spoke, Ash winced. Not the right thing to say since she was basically admitting to putting someone else over Grace, and best friends didn't do those kinds of things. And yeah, there was nothing Ash could say to make what she did alright, and she knew that.

Sawyer's curiosity at least pulled the conversation back to the gloves. "Because who wears gloves inside? It's a fashion tragedy, and you know that. What are you hiding?" Maybe if she had known what was actually going on, Ash wouldn't have been pushing this. But hey, she had no idea, and she certain had no idea that there anything serious.

As far as Ash figured, Grace must've cut her hand badly, or maybe she made a mistake and had some ugly new nail polish on. Something stupid that no one would really care about, but something that Grace obviously did.

Soap Soap KingofAesir KingofAesir

Grace

Oh. Well... Ash had other friends. Like... people she didn't feel like naming right now. But whatever. Seriously it's fine. That someone was more important than her and that was fine. "Oh." Grace nodded understandably, although... she didn't understand. Grace would pick Ash over anyone. If that wasn't returned... were they really friends at all? "It's fine. I get it." She didn't obviously, and it was clear on her face. The conversation just got worse as Sawyer pushed about the stupid gloves and Ash decided to jump in on it.

Suddenly, both girls turned on her. She glanced towards Sawyer and her eyes softened for a split second. What did they want her to do? Come clean and mention the ring she'd lost? She considered it. She really did, and then she realized that Ash didn't even know about the promise ring in the first place. That'd be something you'd want to gush to your best friend about right? Well. At least she wanted to before. Now... Grace wasn't so sure.

Did Ash really even have to push on the subject? Grace didn't realize what she was doing, she didn't want Sawyer to find out the truth, Ash was just... pretending to care at this point, it just... became too much. She found her mouth moving before she could actually think before she spoke. "Oh my god, just... shut up. I'm not hiding anything." She stood up and grabbed her bag, shoving the notebook roughly inside. "Maybe I like gloves now or.... something. It's not like you'd know anyway, because you keep brushing me off for..." The next words that came out of her mouth she didn't regret immediately. "Whatever guy you're interested in now." Okay, that was probably not the truth. But at the moment she just wanted them off her back.

She sighed and looked towards Belle apologetically, which probably didn't look as nice as she wanted it to. "Well. Welcome to the team. As you can see, we're a real tight-knit group." Swinging the bag over her shoulder and shrugging towards Sawyer. "I'll text you later. Hey! I might even have to take off the gloves to do it." She gestured with her hands, she didn't regret being a total bitch to her girlfriend either. Brushing past Zach and out of the gymnasium.

Finally out of there and alone in the hallway, away from them, and with a break from her own lies, she can breathe. Leaning against the locker and only now replaying those mere moments in her head.

See. Now is when she regrets that whole scene.

KingofAesir KingofAesir Maree Maree Winona Winona

Sawyer

Grace was without a doubt most definitely hiding something. Any semblance of doubt Sawyer may have had previously was now completely eradicated by Grace's reaction to them pushing. Sawyer's eyes kind of went wide as she watched Grace stalk off after promising to text her later. She had no idea where that attitude had come from, or maybe she did, but it was quite the outburst. She looked to Ash and then to Belle and Zach before letting out the loudest groan known to man. Sawyer threw her hands up in the air and shot up from her chair, intent on going to find something to do that wasn't class or worrying about some dumb gloves.

Sawyer didn't even care about the stupid things anymore, it was just the fact that Grace kept obviously lying to her on top of the fact that she was now feeling worry for her girlfriend bubble up in the pit of her stomach. She had never been a worrier and she hated the way this was making her stomach churn. But she doubted following after Grace would do much good at this point so she was left with worry and no idea how to get rid of it.

"I fucking despise Mondays. Despise them." Sawyer yanked her bag up off the ground and then proceeded to go crashing back through the gym doors. She spared Grace only a passing glance as she flew by her on the way to the front of the school.

Fuck Monday. Fuck gloves. Fuck.

Soap Soap Maree Maree Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Carter
tumblr_n8kw9vNaEH1tcj68yo3_250.gif

As Mason sped off in the car Carter flung backwards against the seats hitting her head, she only felt anger. One Kanen was just being a huge dick, when they were just trying to help him. And two Mason should have just helped his god damn friend out, without the money. She didn't really judge Mason for taking the money offered to him, Carter knew he needed. But Kanen obviously needed help if he was paying Mason to get him clean.

"You both need to knock it THE fuck off." Carter said as she propped herself back up. Rubbing the back of her neck from the slight whiplash. "Kanen, he is only trying to help you and you know that." The fights between the trio happened to be legendary, no one wanted to be around when these three hot-heads went at it. "Mason isn't a rehab, if you seriously want to get clean, you should of given the damn money to an actual rehab." She knew this wasn't going to make the situation any better but she was furious at the testosterone filled boys. "Mason you dumbass, if you're going to be Kanen's rehab nurse, you must fucking realize that he is going through withdrawal right now, AND ISN'T THINKING STRAIGHT." She turned back to Kanen. "No offense..." She put her hands on the back of the front seats holding herself forward.

Winona Winona High5ives High5ives

Belle Taylor

Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Mason | Mentions: Zach, Grace
Dazzle Dazzle Winona Winona Soap Soap

Well... That turned into a total disaster. Well maybe not a total disaster but it still didn't end the way she wanted it to. Belle was hoping to get to know Grace better but she had just stormed from the room. Not that she blamed her, no. The other two shouldn't have been pushing her so hard when she obviously didn't want to talk about it. She was left kind of awkwardly standing in the room with Ash and Zach. "That was uh something" she commented, laughing a little. She turned to Zach and beamed up at him. "Thanks for being my good luck charm," she said, winking. And with that, she too walked out of the gym doors.

~~~~

It had been quite an interesting week for Belle. Mainly because she spent most of her nights worrying about Drake. She just couldn't help it. What if he was laying in a ditch dying somewhere? She didn't think that Mason was doing any better either. As much as he put on the tough guy act she could tell it was getting to him. It had almost been a week and he said that he was usually only gone for a few days. This gave her a very bad feeling.

But her week wasn't all negatives. She had spent some more time with Zach. He was a sweetheart and had invited her to have lunch with him. He was rather popular so that hadn't spent too much time together. Most of her week had been spent with Grace. It seemed that she had kind of stepped up and temporarily filled in the best friend role. Seeing as Ash and she were still fighting, which she had been filled in on. Belle still couldn't believe she got drunk when she knew that Grace was counting on her. Way to support your best friend. Despite only knowing her for a short period of time she seemed to be filled in on most of her life through their many hangout sessions.

So overall her week had been pretty decent but tonight was going to be great. Today was her birthday and how else could she celebrate other than throwing a giant house party. It would also act as a sort of house warming as she hadn't had anyone over. She was currently bossing around the party crew as they set up the last finishing touches. Music, catering, decorations, A bar with a cute bartender had been bribed to serve alcohol to minors. Everything was going exactly to plan so she didn't really need to do anything. She had been distracted by Oreo chasing balloons around when someone ringing the doorbell brought her back to reality. Confused she opened the door letting the puppy attack the early guest with kisses. "Mason? You're that eager to see me that you had to come early huh?" she teased, a small smirk playing on her lips.

code by Ri.a

Mason
Hair Flip.gif

His week had been... well it had sucked. Sharing a tiny ass room with Kanen was absolute hell, and Mason couldn't wait until his old best friend was out once more and Drake was back. To think that he actually missed having his little brother around to be a pain in the ass. At least trying to help Kanen out with his whole drug withdrawal and whatever had managed to give Mason something to worry about, so he hadn't even really had time to worry about Drake.

Still, it had been an entire week since his brother had gone missing. And yeah, Mason might have been worried somewhere deep, deep within the pit of his stomach, but he would never admit it. Instead, he showed up to Belle's house early to, you know, help her set up or whatever. It was just an excuse to get away from Kanen, obviously. Nothing more. After all, being suspended meant that he was with Kanen almost nonstop, and that guy was annoying.

So he rang the doorbell of Belle's mansion and stepped back, surprised to hear that it actually worked. Most of the doorbells in his neighborhood had broken at some point and the house owners were always too lazy or poor to actually get them fixed. However, it just served as another reminder of how far out of his comfort zone Mason truly was. Could someone even be richer than Belle? Well he was debating, the door opened and Belle greeted him.

"Hey," he said with a brief smile, and crouched down to give Oreo some well-deserved pets, before standing back up and stepping into her house... only to see that everything needed to get a party ready to go had already been done. Wow. Okay. "Well uh... I was coming here to help you get ready, but I forgot about your..." he waved his hand around. "You know. The staff or whatever." Mason explained with a shrug. "Well happy birthday, anyway."

Maree Maree

Elise
ELISE.jpg

Of course Martin would try to argue with her, but it just brought a smile to her face. Martin then mentioned calling Stu. "Of course. I'm sure he's fine, but it never hurts to call." Maybe she should check in on Jace, but... no, surely he was fine. He was a legal adult, after all, and Steve would probably be home today. Plus, it would've been weird for her to contact him when things were already so strained with her relationship with her children, particularly Jace.

She listened as he spoke with Stu, taking a few bites of her salad until he ended the call. "You know, I feel like you're too easy on that boy." Elise said slowly, sipping her wine before she continued speaking. "Or maybe you just worry too much. He's a teenager. You have to start being more strict, not letting him hangup on you."

Elise probably wasn't someone who should be giving advice, but hey, her children were well-behaved. As far as she knew, they didn't get into a lot of trouble -- this was the first time that Jace had ever been suspended. And yes, Ash was a mess, but that was because she always listened to Steve over Elise. Ashton was a lost cause.

Dede Dede

Belle Taylor

Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Mason
Mentions: Winona Winona

Belle watched with an amused smile as Mason pet Oreo. Oh, he is such a liar pretending that he didn't love the puppy. His cute little face was impossible for even the toughest guys to resist. She ought to keep the puppy around every time she talked to Mason. He seemed to make him... Softer. "Oreo, Shake hands," she told the puppy who held his paw up to Mason giving him the cutest look. "He's pretty smart. Been learning tricks in record time"

She looked back at the staff as Mason gestured to them. They were now starting to disappear as everything had been set up. The rest of the guests would be showing up any minute now. He was pretty funny sometimes. Showing up minutes before the party started to help set up. It was kind of sweet though "It's the thought that counts. Though I do need help with something" she said, picking up what looked like a mini burger on a stick. "Let me know what you think?" she had already tried them but she wanted him to feel useful.

Belle pulled out her phone and sent an update to Twitter just as the doorbell rung again. Being a polite host she opened the door again and greeted the newcomers. This time she left the door open so people could just walk straight in and enjoy the party. Once she was done she returned to Mason with two drinks, holding one out to him. "Ready to have some fun?" she smirked, taking a sip of her drink. Had she made sure his was stronger than hers? Maybe.

code by Ri.a

D51797C0-ED59-456A-9C30-1181BC31FF71.gif
June
June decided for at least one day, she was gonna take a break from drinking. She was tired keeping it a secret from Grace, Grace’s mother, her own mother and father. Seemed like Shawn and Kanen were the only ones to know. It was weird to think two seemingly random people knew her most uncomfortable secret. Hell, one just came back.

This time, it would benefit her from not drinking since Grace would. Designated driver. What a change in tune. Grace had seemed upset and she had no clue why they were going to this girl’s birthday party. But, it was an open invitation and it seemed everyone was going. She just hoped the girl didn’t remember what she said to her. It was a terrible day from the start and she couldn’t help, but snap at people. “At least it’s a nice house...” She said quietly to herself as she parked.

Walking over to the house, she already felt an overwhelming dread as she saw the Lord staring back at her. She tried not to show her discomfort as she realized this girl could be similar to a sorority girl, the thought sent shivers down her back. Don’t be quick to judge, just walk in and give her the birthday gift. But, she found herself trying to give it to Grace so she didn’t have to talk to Belle.

Maree Maree Soap Soap (mentions: High5ives High5ives Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy )

Mason
Hair Flip.gif

He leaned back down to shake Oreo's paw, and then ruffled the dog's fluffy head before straightening up once again. "Smart dog," Mason agreed, although he actually hadn't met a ton of dogs in his life, but it was obvious that Belle was proud of her little mutt, and why wouldn't he act like he was very impressed? What? Maybe Mason had somewhat of a heart and liked to see people proud of their accomplishments. Even if the accomplishment was something stupid like a dog.

And then she passed him some weird looking Krabby Patty shit on a stick. He looked at it suspiciously, but tried it all the same, smiling at her and giving her a thumbs up. "Tastes delicious." Mason replied, smiling and then watching as Belle walked off to open the door and let some people in. He turned his attention back to the strange food, dropping the stick into a trash can and then finishing the whole thing off before Belle made her way back, alcohol in hand.

Mason was hesitant when he took the cup. Sure, he was a casual drinker, but that was about it. And with everything going on at home with Kanen, and then being worried about Drake, well... maybe he was a little bit worried about doing any kind of drinking today. But it was Belle's birthday, and she had brought it for him, so Mason smiled and took the drink. "C'mon now, you're the birthday girl. I should be bringing you drinks, not the other way around."

He took a sip from the cup before asking; "So, I hear you tried out for the cheerleading team and it was quite the hit. Maybe you can show me those moves you used sometime." Yeah, Mason had heard that it had been quite the production, and he was kind of jealous that stupid Zach got to enjoy it while he was off being suspended.

Maree Maree

-------------------------------

Ash
What a Smile.gif

So yeah, the week had sucked and yeah, Ash didn't really want to go to the birthday party of Belle. The newest cheerleader, and Grace's newest best friend. but it was all in good fun, and Ash knew that there would be drinks, and maybe she felt the need to get way too drunk in public instead of at home, which may have been what she'd spent the week doing. Okay, so not getting totally drunk, but maybe a bit tipsy every day when she got home from school and practice.

Her parents didn't ask questions -- Elise was never there, and her father's new job was taking him at odd hours. Well, that's what happened when you worked for Ash's grandparents. Horrible hours and a boss that overworked you. If people thought Elise was bad, well, they obviously hadn't met her parents. And with Thanksgiving right around the corner, Ash was even more stressed out knowing that she would not only have to have Thanksgiving with her bitchy grandparents, but also her mother and Martin.

So that meant just a ton of alcohol. That was the only answer, obviously, so it didn't take long for Ash to make her way over to where the bartender was and demand several shots. She was going through the shots, and was well on her way to being tipsy before the party was even in full swing. Not that it mattered, anyway.

----------------------------------------------

Ava
Saying Bitches and Botox.gif

Her parents had been thrilled to hear that Ava was going to another party. So thrilled, in fact, that they even insisted on taking pictures of her by the front door before she could even leave, although in every picture she looked less than thrilled. Easily because she wasn't super excited to go, but at the same time...

Okay, okay, so maybe this social thing was starting to appeal to Ava. Having JJ back was amazing, and maybe, maybe, she was starting to appreciate Zach's company, even though she wouldn't admit it. And she had yet to discuss the whole video game shit with him, and had yet to play with him again. Hell, Ava hadn't even really been playing online since that fateful day. As it turned out, the vast majority of players that she had teamed up with sucked. Or they were dicks. Or perverts.

So now, she was walking up to the front door, although her normal flannel had been left at home. Ava wasn't exactly the type of person to change up her style, but today, she wore the little jacket that JJ had got for her at the mall. She felt kind of silly wearing it as she stepped into the party, tugging at the sleeves and making her way around.

----------------------------

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

He hadn't planned on going, obviously. Why would he? Parties weren't Jace's favorite place to be, and it wasn't like he had any friends to hangout with. Cue the whole incredibly awkward and overly antisocial thing that seemed to be Jace's personality. All of his personality. Fuck... why was he even here? No one even liked him, so why was he doing this?

In the end, he decided that coming here was better than sitting at home, spinning around in his chair and feeling sorry for himself. At first suspension had sounded like the best idea ever, but after just a couple of days of being stuck in the house with only his parents and Ash around to talk to, Jace quickly decided that it wasn't worth it.

So when Ash had mentioned this party, Jace had been eager to jump on board and come be her designated driver. And her designated make-sure-I-don't-go-home-with-anybody person because at this point, Jace was willing to accept that his little sister needed help. So Jace now found himself near the bar, a cup of water in his hand, with his eyes on Ash as she downed shot after shot. That couldn't be healthy, but he didn't know what to do to stop her, so he didn't.​

B82BC9F8-1D31-49B5-A40F-A51880DACAE1.png
After only being back in Westbrook for less than a week, Daniel was already going to his first party here. He was excited. Unlike a lot of people, Danny was happy to meet new people. Being the new kid at the party? That was the dream. Daniel enjoyed being in the spotlight, even for just a moment. He was no doubt a social butterfly, searching for attention more often than not.

“Mom! I’m going out, is it ok if I take your car?!” Danny yelled as he practically flew down the spiral staircase that lead to the front door.

“Which one!?” He heard his mom yell back from another room before she suddenly appeared in the hallway.

Daniel paused. “Um...Which one do you think will make the best impression?” Daniel asked. Despite being an over-confident little shit, Daniel still values his mother’s opinion. Plus, you only got to make one first impression, so it’d better be a good one.

“Just take the town-car.” His mother responded, smiling softly as she smoothed out her son’s jacket. “You don’t need to go over the top here. This isn’t New York, you don’t need to drive a fancy sports car to impress anyone.” She assured him.

Before Daniel could even respond, his step-dad butt in to the conversation from upstairs. “Take the Porsche!” The man yelled, followed by a quick laugh. “Girl’s love sports cars! Your mother always liked mine!”

Daniel smiled. “I think Dad is right. I’m taking the Porsche, Mom.” He decided, grabbing the keys off of a little table by the front door. “I’ll text you and let you know where I’m at, Love you guys!”

As Daniel rushed out the front door, he could hear his mom and step-dad yelling at him to ‘be safe’ and ‘make good decisions.’ Just your average parent stuff, Daniel hears the same thing almost every time he went out.

As Daniel started the car and put the address into the GPS, he could feel his excitement building. Sure, he’d been to parties before, but they were always held at some event center with a bunch of other spoiled rich kids. This was just a regular party though, a good old fashioned high school house party. It would be Daniel’s first, as well as his first opportunity to really introduce himself at a new school.

The Porsche purred as Daniel took it down country roads, heading into Westbrook from the Estate his step-dad had purchased on the northern coastline. If it weren’t so damn cold out, he would’ve had the convertible top down, but unfortunately this was Maine, not California.

By the time Daniel arrived at the house-party people were already funneling into the front doors. He didn’t hesitate to just park right out front of the house, rather than parking down the street like most of the other’s. Naturally, a new kid showing up in a fucking Porsche was more than enough to garner attention from the other students. It was enough to make Daniel nervous, something that didn’t happen often.

Shutting the car off, Daniel took a deep breath and a moment to check his hair. This was it.

The door swung open, and Daniel stepped out. He looked around slowly, smiling at pretty girls as they passed and making small talk with the guys that asked about the car. He was more interested in the actual party than the people outside though.

So far, so good.

Another deep breath.

Daniel walked forward, going in through the front door that had carelessly been left open by other party guests. He was excited to make new friends and everything, but surrounded by strangers, in a city he didn’t know, Danny was beginning to feel a little bit out of his comfort zone. As soon as he was inside, Daniel looked around for anything to familiarize himself with.

Then he saw her, the cute blonde sitting at the bar, taking shots like her life depended on it.

Daniel quickly made his way to the bar, doing his best to be polite while also avoiding getting caught in conversation with someone else. He made it soon enough, coming to lean up against the bar beside Ash.

“You know, when you told me about this party, I was kinda hoping Id be able to dance with you. Keep drinking like that, and I don’t think you’ll be able to walk, let alone dance.” Daniel teased, letting the words roll off of his tongue like practiced lines. He smiled softly and tilted his head ever so slightly. “Ya might wanna slow down a bit, parties are no good if you can’t remember them.”

Winona Winona

Carter
tumblr_ot9png2gOw1v101dyo2_400.gif

Carter had been sitting at the bar flirting up the bartender when a certain blonde happened to walk over. "Hey there blondie." She smirked swirling her drink around in circles. "I hear this is the new cheerleaders place. She seems pretty well off." Carter looked around the mansion that happened to be just a little religious for her taste, she was enjoying drinking inside the house. The underage drinking, and all the shit she knew would happen tonight was like a little fuck you to the 'god' her parents so religiously honored.

Carter leaned in closer to the blonde. "Just between us" She whispered looking up at the large paintings on the walls. "Did she buy her way onto this team? Like JJ?" She stifled a small laugh. "Or is it the other rumor." An evil smirk crossed her lips. "That she's actually a some sort of siren dancer that turned everyone on, including Grace and Sawyer was all pissy because of it." She took a sip of her drink, placing down the glass. "So anyways, what kind of shots are we doing."

Winona Winona

Zach
tumblr_moera5ZZbr1qeqgdvo6_250.gif

Zach had arrived to the party a few minutes after everyone else. Walking in through the open door, he saw Belle and her bright red hair right away. She seemed to have the unfortunate company of Mason. Football happened to be a lot better without him as captain, even if coach was a bigger dick than usual because of it. "Hey, happy birthday!" He smiled walking past Mason and over to Belle wrapping his arms around her waist and giving her a brief hug. "How does it feel to be 18 officially?"

Zach stepped to the side seeing the small puppy on the ground. "Well this is already the best party I've been to in a while." He said kneeling down to pat the dog at his ankles. "What's his name?" Standing back up he turned to Mason. "Oh, hey Mason, I didn't see you there." Zach turned back to Belle. "So how are we celebrating tonight?"

Maree Maree Winona Winona

Mads
GenerousWarlikeIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Madison wasn't even sure why he was here, the closer they got to Thanksgiving the more he was missing his mom. To add insult to injury, Scar had ended up moving back to her grandmothers. He understood to some degree, she didn't feel welcomed in her stepfathers home but, as selfish as it was he still wanted her here. Scarlet had been a small bit of light in a lot of darkness, you only could tell that Madison was down if you knew him. The fake smile plastered his face, beer in hand hanging out with a few guys from the basketball team. He still hadn't had the chance to tryout as the season hadn't started quite yet, but he thought it was good to get on their good side.

Rae had attempted to convince him to stay home, but before she could get another word in he was out the door. Annoyed with his sister, annoyed with his dad, annoyed with Scar, and the world. All he wanted was to go out and distract himself from everything going on. Mads ran a hand through his hair as he finished his beer. Crushing it he walked over to the cooler picking out another miller. He starred at the can for a moment thinking about his first party in Westbrook where he met Scar, and he couldn't believe how little time had actually passed since his first week.

@Open

Rae
window.gif

Rae watched as her brother drove off in some random kids car. Granted they weren't that random but all the same, she wasn't happy he had stormed out of the house. She could see that he wasn't himself, he never was around this time of year. Rae really believed that he should see a therapist, and stop relying on others to distract him from the pain he was going through.

Rae went by her father's office, like usual his door was closed. She gave a quick knock. "Hey dad, how are you doing?" She said quietly leaning her ear against the door. No response. "Dad, come on at least make a noise so I know you're in there." Or rather alive in there, but she didn't want to think like that. She wiggled the door knob, locked of course. "Dad." She sighed, this would concern most people but for her she was used to it. It had been almost three years of him being like this.

Finally her father spoke up. "I'm fine Raelynn. Just doing some work. You don't need to worry about me." Wasn't that the biggest lie, all Rae could do was worry, worry about her dad, worry about Mads. Everything was full of worry for her. She made her way up to her bedroom, opening her window and taking in a deep breath of the cold air. At least it was grounding for her, leaning her arms on the windowsill she watched the wind blow the trees. The leaves had changed to a firey red. A plus of being in Maine was the gorgeous fall colors.

@WellShe'sHomeSOOOOOO
a z u l a a z u l a

Last edited:
Ash
What a Smile.gif

She glanced over towards Carter, wondering why the redhead had even approached her. Were they friends now or something? Fuck, was Ash actually losing her typical friend group of Grace and Ryder and the other jocks and cheerleaders for the kids that drank and did drugs, like Carter and Kanen? The idea left her pondering the idea for a minute, before she decided that this might not be the best move for her reputation, but... oh well. Whatever. It wasn't something to think about right now.

Ash snorted with laughter at Carter's words. "Probably. I'm just surprised that like, she preaches having this purity ring like she's some perfect little girl, and then she dances like that?" She'd heard a little bit about how Belle had danced, and yeah, Ash typically wasn't one to trash talk other people. But she was upset, and there were too many things for her to think about and worry about for her to not be a little bit bitchy towards the new cheerleader.

Before the conversation could really continue with the redhead, the new guy Danny was coming over. She couldn't help but laugh and smile a bit when he mentioned dancing and yeah, maybe she blushed a little bit. Maybe the alcohol really was going to her head and as much as she wanted to flirt back at him, she had to remind herself of Ryder. Ryder, her best friend that she loved. But as she thought about it, she remembered how things had ended, how she had no idea where they stood, and... well, she was losing everybody, anyway. Why not kill whatever she had with Ryder as it was?

God, she was thinking way too far ahead. All that Danny had asked about was dancing. That was it. Probably just in a friendly, not flirtatious manner. "Ooh, a dance with you?" she smirked at him, a small smile crossing her lips as she did. "I can't wait. Nothing better than dancing with someone as good looking as you." Okay, the alcohol may have been getting to her.

"Danny, this is Carter." she said, gesturing to the redhead beside her. "And we are doing fireball. Or I am." She leaned forward across the counter, smiling at the bartender. "Three more fireball shots, please and thank you." Okay so one thing that this Belle chick could do was get a good bartender, because fuck. He was hot.

After he brought the shot glasses over, Ash was quick to take hers, setting the glass down on the counter and then stepping away from the bar, smiling at Danny as she did so, and then turning her smile to Carter. And not tripping or falling whatsoever, thank you very much. "Alright. I'm dancing before I drink more. Who's coming with?"

Dazzle Dazzle High5ives High5ives

Belle Taylor

Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Mason and Zach
Mentions: Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Belle rolled her eyes a little at his comment. "Flirting with me now are you, Rivera?" she teased. How on earth did he even find out about the rumours when he hadn't even been at school? Probably Ash spreading it on twitter as well. She would bet her mothers fortune that she was the one who started the rumours. She had been a bitch towards her ever since Ash ruined her friendship with Grace. "The rumours make it sound more sexual than it was" she shrugged it off, taking a larger than necessary mouthful of her drink.

She was almost tempted to go wipe that pretty little smirk off Ash's face when Zach approached. "Hey!" she beamed, wrapping her arms around his neck in a quick hug. "Oh, it's great. The rumours are flying tonight" she laughed. Maybe there was a little bitterness to her laugh but she pushed it down. Tonight was her night and nothing was going to ruin her birthday. "Apparently my Siren dancing caused you to have a massive 'man tent' for the rest of the school day." she had to admit that she found that one at least a little funny.

Belle watched as the puppy ran around their feet playing with a streamer. "This is Oreo. Currently the light of my life" she told him before deciding to drag Mason back into the conversation. She didn't want him to disappear and go brood in a dark corner. "Mason and I went to a puppy shelter last weekend and picked him up." That trip was still the highlight of her time in Westbrook so far.

code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Grace
tumblr_inline_pk8x2swWOE1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace stood quiet throughout most of the car ride, turning on the radio instead. She didn't really want to talk to June about the ring, or her problems with Ash, avoiding Sawyer, or the whole thing with her mother. This was just a break from everyone she desperately needed. Grace wasn't very keen on going to the party, but it was Belle's birthday, and well, Belle had become an amazingly close friend this past week. It was nice to have someone to confide in. Someone who was actually there and someone who she wasn't keeping secrets from. Secrets suck. She wanted to just go to Sawyer for a much needed hug, but she couldn't. She didn't want to look her in the eye and tell her about the ring she lost. If it was so easy for her to lose the ring, what did that mean for the promise? Grace didn't want her to think that it was for nothing.

It's sad she doesn't realize lying is worse for her relationship. Adjusting the gloves on her hands, she highly doubted Sawyer was going to be here tonight anyway. Considering this might actually be the first party she'd been to in a while, one that she didn't drag her to. Walking into Belle's house and unsurprised at the mansion, Grace and her own family weren't anywhere near as rich as them. But hanging around Ash most of her life, this 'rich' stuff didn't really bother her.

Some people had tons of money to spend and some didn't. That didn't mean you should look at them differently because of their income. Glancing towards June and hesitating before grabbing the present from her. "What's up with you?" She asked confused on her non-sister's weird behavior. Her gaze landed on the bar and Ash next to it. Grace... really wanted to drink tonight, which the reason why June drove. Who cared? Ash being there wasn't going to stop Grace from getting a drink should she want one. "I'll find you later." Without another second she left June's side.

Grabbing the bartender's attention and making it very clear she didn't care what it was, if it was strong that was good enough. Looking towards Ash and away before they had a chance to make eye-contact, and found her gaze landing on the other West next to her. She raised her glass to Jace. "Hey, it's my pirate in crime." She grinned at the old memory. On more than one occasion she'd stayed over at Ash's place, and young Grace might've bothered the older boy a few times. It was extremely fun to pester him with questions, and even made him play 'pirates' once... Hence the super old and cheesy nickname.

"Thought you weren't really a fan of parties?"

Winona Winona
Raven
tumblr_inline_pnd1784UcV1rqmlml_400.gif

Raven's week was terribly boring. Well, besides that award thing. Though... she didn't really have anyone there with her, she was going to tell Nancy and everyone at her 'earlygiving.' But Nancy's husband had news too. Raven made the mistake of letting him go first, her husband lost her job at the college a few months ago. Some... British guy got it or something. She was confused on why she had to bring it up until he continued. Turns out... he got a job opportunity in Boston. So. They're moving. Raven faked a smile and said congratulations, it was a good college too. It just... they were moving. Whatever. She ignored Nancy for most of the week, and was a busybody. Extremely interested in heading to the mall every other day instead of being stuck in the house with the nurse that took care of her grandmother, which... obviously was all she was.

Nancy had her own family and Raven needed to understand that, she had her own kid, her husband... whatever was best for them. Well, of course she needed to do it. What was she supposed to say? 'Don't leave?' No. Definitely not. Spending time with Alaska helped a lot surprisingly. Besides that bomb that was dropped on her, the money that came with the award helped. It... really helped in many ways. She took a small break from work, which was so desperately needed. She didn't buy a laptop, which was something she kind of needed. But... y'know having a roof over your head trumps laptop. So, she was saving most of it for bills that needed paying, and Raven felt like she could breathe for the next few days. Worrying sucks.

Walking into the 'villa' and grimacing. It was really shocking how so many people had so much money and yet... did nothing useful with it. Donating a few dollars to charity here and there was cool... but they could do so much more with all of this. Raven doubted they really needed this many picture frames which were probably worth more than her house. Sure, some rich people were cool. Like Alaska, definitely Alaska. She was fine. Ash was cool too. Look, Raven just didn't appreciate money when it was thrown around for things that weren't needed.

She saw June and... honestly she didn't know what she was doing, walking up to the redhead like it was old times. "So, are you just silently hating the world too?" Raven grinned, why was she talking to her? What an amazing question.

Unfortunately, it was one she didn't have the answers to.

Moonshadow Moonshadow
Juliette
tumblr_inline_p7li9gQndl1qlt39u_540.gif

Juliette decided to go enjoy herself at someone else's party for a change. And conveniently, it was just down the street. Perks of having the birthday girl for a neighbor. Plus, it would be great to get out of the house. She wanted all thoughts off of Bryan, who, of course hadn't shown up to school in like, a decade. And ignoring her messages? What kind of boyfriend would ignore her? Please. What person in their right mind would ignore Juliette? Clearly something was wrong, it... didn't have anything to do with her? Did it? Psh. Of course not. Her week had been uneventful, it was the usual. Mall, cheerleading, depressing dinners with people she didn't care about. The only thing that was different is... well, she had Ava back. And... that felt really great.

JJ hadn't even realized how badly she missed her. Or... maybe she did, but she didn't ever think it was a possibility. Glancing over at herself in a mirror with a smirk. Of course she looked amazing. Have you met JJ? Thanks to Ava's extremely great input at the mall the other day, confidence basically flowed out of Juliette, she looked great in the outfit. Really. Best money she ever spent. Probably a lie. Surprisingly walking her way there, there wasn't really any reason for a car. It was literally right down the street, even if she wanted to show off. Juliette wasn't that bad. Well, okay, maybe she was! But what would Ava say? Yeah. No. She didn't want that conversation.

Throwing a present on the table and making a beeline for the redhead she would normally avoid. A bright smile came onto her face as she noticed the jacket. Okay, so maybe she lied, and her own outfit wasn't the best money she spent. The jacket definitely topped that. "So, have you changed your ways? Hmm? Actually enjoying parties now? What development." Juliette said with a raise of her brows.

"...I told you the jacket would look great."

Winona Winona

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back