• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Westbrook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
64DE6115-4A10-43B5-B987-2F99C50F812B.gif
June
At least, June thought, I’m not the only one acting weird. She knew something was up with Grace too. But, she had no place to ask. If she wanted to talk, she would, June learned not to force conversation out of people. Granted, learned the hard way. She didn’t know what to do with her hands once Grace took the present and walked away. She couldn’t grab a drink, if she did, she’ll be tempted to drink it.

Before, she could stop herself she started to look around. Somehow, she wasn’t fazed anymore by seeing Mason. He just seemed to fill in the space again, the same as the picture frames and vases that littered the room. He wasn’t special anymore. He was only part of the decorum. But, someone who could never blend in was Raven. June flinched a little when she heard her voice, but turned and forced a smile. It was odd to see her now. Probably because they were past their brutal climax and everything is now the aftermath. “Not necessarily silent. I don’t mind showing the world I hate it.” She said in a breathy sigh before plastering on the smile again. “How are you?”

Soap Soap

Last edited:
Mason
Hair Flip.gif

He fucking hated Zach.

Okay, that was probably an overstatement. Mason didn't hate Zach per say, but he did hate dudes that would interrupt his conversations with whatever lovely lady Mason happened to be into at the time. And for tonight, it just so happened to be Belle. Yes, little Christian Bible Thumper overly pure and perfect Belle, of all people. And yeah, maybe he hadn't realized that until tonight, when Zach came up and hugged her and maybe Mason got a little jealous.

Well the two talked, Mason looked around the party, his eyes falling on June for a moment, and, for the first time... he didn't really feel anything when he saw her. No hatred, no resentment, no guilt, no missing her. Mason, for once, actually felt nothing towards the girl, although when he saw Raven approach her, Mason did wonder what was going on. Were they making up? Were they going to end up dating? No, no, Raven was with Alaska... right?

He'd barely been paying attention to the conversation when he heard Belle talking about Zach pitching a tent, and a grin came to Mason's face. "Seriously, dude?" Mason said, laughing and shaking his head. "Damn. You're just as weak as Minuteman, huh?" What? At least he didn't have any stupid nicknames, or do something that embarrassing. "What is they're calling you now for pitching a tent? Happy Camper? Scout?" He laughed once again at the thought.

And then conversation was turning to the dog, and Mason was way happier. "Belle, I'm hurt," he said, feigning being upset. "I thought I was the light of your life." Mason said before looking back down at the puppy. "Fuck it, I'll lose to Oreo. That dog would be the light of my life, too." He crouched back down, letting the little puppy hop all over him while just keeping Oreo from knocking the cup out of his hand.

Maree Maree Dazzle Dazzle

----------------------------------

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

He looked away from the party, where he may have been watching some people dancing and although he tried to keep his eyes on the girls, they kept trailing to a couple of the hotter guys. What? He was obviously just trying to learn how to properly dance in this kind of situation, and it wasn't like he could dance like a girl... right? Right. At least, that's what Jace had been trying to tell himself, even when Ash had been teasing him about "checking out" the coffee barista.

His attention was pulled away by Grace coming up and mentioning their childhood pirate games, which just earned an eye-roll from Jace. If it was anyone else, Jace might've been more annoyed, but this was Grace, and she was basically like a second little sister to him. Ash and Grace had been friends for so long, after all, that it felt like they were practically family at this point, anyway. And yet, he hadn't really talked to Grace much this year, but was glad to see a friendly face all the same.

"I don't, but this beats playing board games with Dad, and Ash..." he trailed off, remembering the fight that his sister and Grace had had, and instantly regretted even bringing her up. "Well she's kind of being stupid, so I'm here to make sure she gets home safe." Jace explained simply, and shrugged before sipping his water.

Jace's eyes trailed down to the gloves, and he raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Interesting style choice," he said, nodding towards the gloves, and then was reminded about his own style choice. No beanie tonight. As his mother continued to choose her new family over Jace and Ash, he had started to slowly hate the yellow beanie. Once upon a time, it stood for a mother that he had adored and missed and thought had always wanted him, but now... now he knew it just stood for Elise, a cold-hearted woman that hadn't even wanted him when she moved. Fuck. Neither parent wanted him.

Soap Soap

--------------------------------------------

Ava
Finger Gun Mirror.gif

She breathed a sigh of relief when JJ approached. Finally, she wasn't the awkward girl in the corner tugging at her sleeves, all alone, and giving people dirty looks whenever they made eye contact. Not exactly the thing to do at parties, but Ava hated people, so what else was she supposed to do? This was like hell, or... heaven, which was basically Ava's hell.

Ava rolled her eyes at JJ's joke. "Well, I decided to come here and see if I would burn since this place just radiates... Christianity. But instead, I'm fine and I'm really disappointed that I'm not the demon I thought I was." Oh fuck, this wasn't the way to start off a conversation. Her inner weirdo was showing through, but whatever. Jules surely knew what kind of weird things went through Ava's head.

At her compliment of the jacket, Ava's face turned bright red and she tugged at a sleeve once more before dropping her hand and shrugging as if she hadn't noticed how great she looked. "It looks okay, I guess." Ava replied, then noticed that JJ was wearing the outfit from that day, too. Wow. What a weird coincidence. "And you look hot, Jules. Just like I said you would."

Soap Soap

Zach
tumblr_inline_nns4quPILE1sccn28_500.gif

Zach knew he wouldn't be living that one down anytime soon. Even so kept a smile on his face, showing that the words weren't really going to bother him. "I mean, it was pretty hot. Still not as hot as you telling off June." He smirked, trying to play off the whole situation like he didn't care. "Teens are pretty nasty. However I'm sure if Mason was there, I'm sure he wouldn't have been able to control himself at all." He laughed lightly, trying to turn the joke back onto Mason. "I've got to give it to you Belle, you really know how to move your body." He gave her a small wink, almost unnoticeable.

"I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to excuse myself, don't want to hold up all of your time Belle, I'm sure you have plenty of people to see before the night is up." He started to walk away, giving a nod to Mason. "See you around ex-captain."

Winona Winona Maree Maree

Carter
2.gif

"It's the quite ones you can't trust." She took a final swig of her drink tipping her head back, her red hair fell behind her shoulders. Maybe Carter shouldn't have been encouraging the hate towards Belle, but she could already see all the boys fawning over her. She rolled her eyes seeing Mason giving Zach a death stare for just being near her. Mason seemed to jump from girl to girl, more than Ash jumped from guy to guy. He was back with Adriane, no wait he was into Raven, no wait, now this girl Belle. Granted Carter was sure Mason didn't even know he had these feelings, but Carter knew him just as well, if not better than he knew himself.

Carter tapped Ash on the shoulder. "You enjoy this boy, I'm going hang here with this one." She nodded up to the bartender, he gave her a small smirk filling her glass back up and placing the fireball shots in front of Ash. Carter took the closet one too her taking the shot in one smooth gulp. This Danny boy was cute, but the bartender sitting in front of her was hot and she would be stupid to pass that up.

High5ives High5ives Winona Winona

Daniel
Daniel nodded towards Carter after Ash introduced him, but he couldn’t really say anything to introduce himself before Ash was ordering shots for the three of them. As the bartender tender poured them one by one, Ash took hers then Carter, leaving one left for Danny. He looked at it for a moment. Yeah, Daniel had drank before, hell he’d been thoroughly before, but he still had to drive home eventually. At the same time, tonight was a night of first impressions, and Daniel didn’t want to look like the pussy who was afraid of a little alcohol. “Fuck it...” he grumbled under his breath. He took the fajita quickly, placing his glass down into the table after the Fireball had burned its way down his throat.

Was one shot enough to prove he was ‘man enough’ for the party? Danny glanced at Ash, who was making her way to the dance floor. She had clearly had plenty to drink already. He could see it in her cheeks. Without even really thinking about it, Danny tapped on the bar. “Another?” He requested. Boyish hormones could make you do stupid things...

After his second shot, Danny hurried to follow Ash before some other guy swooped in and stoke away her attention. “You sure you can even dance? I don’t want to show you up or anything.” Daniel teased, flashing a goofy grin at her as he approached. “A little city like this, I figured you all would be square dancing or something.” He continued, looking down at Ash with those depp brown eyes of his.

Winona Winona

Belle Taylor

Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Mason and Zach
Mentions: Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

"Mason! Don't be rude" Belle scold, hitting his arm. She now felt a little bad about bringing up the rumour now. Why were boys always so weird to each other? Was it really necessary to come up with those nicknames? She liked Mason better when it was just them and he didn't feel the need to act all tough.

She was about to scold him more when Zach spoke up. Flirting with her as well as turning Mason's comments around on him. "You two are ridiculous and also tied for second place behind Oreo" she laughed. But her cheeks were definitely quite pinker than they were a moment ago. Even though Zach was just talking her dancing up to get to Mason. They interaction was over sooner than she would have liked as Zach began to excuse himself. "Leaving me so soon?" she asked, pouting a little. But there were a few people around now so he probably wanted to talk to his other friends. "You better find me later though," she said, giving him another brief hug before he walked off.

"You know you're impossible right? You could behave on my birthday" she teased but didn't really mind it. She was having fun so far besides the hiccup earlier when she had spotted Ash. Oh so she was a dancing siren but when Ash danced up on a random guy it was fine? Hypocrite.

code by Ri.a

Ash
Cute Smile.gif

She laughed at his joke, shaking her head. "Please. Square dancing is still super lame here. Only thing we've got going for us." Ash laughed again, and then she started wondering if she was laughing a little bit too much... Nah, it was probably fine. And if it wasn't, well, Ash had taken on a new outlook on life. A fuck it why should I care kind of outlook.

"And for the record, I can dance. I am an amazing dancer." Which was true, when Ash wasn't drunk and thankfully, she was still only slightly tipsy or... okay, maybe she was bordering more on drunk and less on tipsy at this point. Either way, she took Danny's hand, dragging him farther onto the dance floor.

"So tell me," she said over the music, moving a bit closer so that she could hear him better. "Where are you even from? Like, why are you in Westbrook?" It seemed like people only came or stayed in Westbrook for a purpose, not because they thought it was a cutesy little town or something. Hence why she wanted to leave.

High5ives High5ives

--------------------------------

Mason
Hair Flip.gif

"Please, I'm not denying that." Mason said, scoffing at Zach trying to turn things back on him. What? He was still hoping to see Belle's dance for himself and yeah, maybe he had been a little jealous that he'd missed the cheerleaders doing sexy dances. Seriously. Why the fuck was the world so against him having a fun time? "Fuck, have you seen Belle? No one would be able to control themselves." He smirked once more, and was pleased when Zach left.

He instantly relaxed once the other guy was gone, smiling at Belle as he stood up from the small dog's side, and finished off the alcohol in his cup. Huh. So much for taking it easy tonight -- well, it wasn't like he had to drive anywhere tonight. Ah, the good things about having no car. But as much as he wanted to go get his cup refilled, he saw Carter by the bar, and a few other people, and the last thing Mason wanted to do was be around all of them. Especially since Carter, as much as Mason adored his best friend, well... she was really bad at helping him score with chicks. Instead she just ruined his game.

Instead, he looked at Belle, scoffing at her words. "I have to behave around guys like Zach? I'm sorry." He shrugged helplessly. "I can't be nice around assholes like that. Although... I mean... if you made it worth my time, I might be able to forget my petty little resentments..." he said, giving her a playful little wink.

Maree Maree

Attachments

• What a Smile.gif
    What a Smile.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Belle Taylor

Mood: Enjoying herself| Interacting with: Mason and Carter | Mentions: Grace
Winona Winona Dazzle Dazzle

Belle raised her brow to Mason. Make it worth his time? God interacting with Zach had put him into a 'tough guy' mood. Well, now she had learned never to let them be in the same room together. Especially if they were going to have a dick measuring contest. Why did the conversation have to turn to how attractive she was while dancing? Even though she was definitely blushing and a part of her was a little flattered. She did not approve of his attitude at that moment.

So she did what any girl would do in that situation. Punched him straight in the Brachialis. The Brachialis is a sweet spot next to the bicep and when you punch it you can give someone a dead arm. "You deserved that," she said, spinning around and walking over to the bar. He could come to find her later when he was ready to apologize. But for now, she had finished her drink and desperately needed another one. She said hello to a few people as she made her way over. Originally she did want to talk to Grace but it seemed she was busy chatting to a boy. So she looked around for someone else.

Belle noticed the Redhead who was talking to Ash earlier was now sitting alone at the bar too. She vaguely remembered Mason mentioning her as one of his friends. So she couldn't be all bad, right? If she was at least it would make interesting conversation. She slid into the seat next to her at the bar and ordered another drink. "Boys are insufferable but he's one of the good ones," she said, gesturing to the bartender as he turned his back to them. It was kind of hard to miss the fact that she had been checking the cute bartender out. "Having a good time?"

code by Ri.a

Raven
tumblr_inline_pnd1784UcV1rqmlml_400.gif

Raven's grin widened. She seemed... different. It wasn't a good different though, she just couldn't place it. Pushing her worries and thoughts aside, raising a surprised eyebrow when she asked how she was. Believe it or not... it might've been the first time someone actually asked her that. But of course, it was just a normal thing for exes to say to each-other. Not that June was necessarily her ex in the first place. It was kind of one of those breakups when you didn't ever date in the first place, but it still hurt. Y'know? Well. Safe to say Raven did.

But she had Alaska now. She wasn't hurt by everything in the past anymore, Alaska was probably the only thing she really had going for her at the moment. Besides the award... her family was okay too. That was good. Her mother was back from... running from the police... and Nancy was leaving, but at least she wasn't like, dead. The truth was... it could've been worse. So why did Raven feel like she was waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Because it usually happens. She could only stay happy for a little while. It'd become a pattern of this Rivera, so there wasn't any hoping for the brunette. Hoping that things wouldn't get worse. It was just a matter of waiting. Catching sight of Mason and she hesitated before Raven lifted up her hand to give him the smallest of waves. Eying her smile and placing one of her own. "I'm good." Was she? Raven wasn't sure. And of course, the next expected and awkward question.

"How are you?"
Moonshadow Moonshadow Winona Winona
Grace
tumblr_inline_pk8x2swWOE1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Grace smile faded when he mentioned Ash, and she shifted uncomfortably before downing whatever she had in her glass and beckoning for the bartender to give her... whatever he had given her in the first place. She nodded. "You're a good brother." He was. Grace was always kind of jealous of Jace and Ash's relationship. Growing up she didn't really have anyone, sure, popularity gave you friends. But not real ones. The only person she really had, is, well... Ash. Feeling a pang of gulit as she was reminded of her words at the gym the other day.

Shaking her head in mild annoyance with herself, and drinking more than she was probably supposed to. Anyone who knew Grace properly, knew she was a lightweight. Fighting the urge to roll her eyes when he mentioned the gloves, instead of fighting against it, she let out a sigh of defeat and shrugged, glancing towards him and giving him the smallest of smiles. "I could say the same to you. I gotta say though. No beanie looks good on you." She chuckled before adding. Her gaze caught Belle's and gave her a wave, the small interaction only made her next words more true.

"Don't get any ideas though. I think we both know by now I'm more into girls." Raising an eyebrow teasingly, and smiling over the rim of her glass.
Winona Winona Maree Maree
Juliette
tumblr_inline_p7li9gQndl1qlt39u_540.gif

Juliette smiled, amused at her words. This was nice... despite Ava's weirdness, JJ was used to all of it by now. Totally fluent in Lonnie's language. Glancing around the religious home with a shrug. Her family wasn't one for religion, but they didn't exactly turn JJ away from it whenever she asked about it. It was really just a... 'follow your heart' kind of thing. That was stupid. Maybe... she just wanted more input from them once in a while. Did they even care? Money wasn't everything... Shaking her head free of thoughts and giving her full attention to the redhead that deserved it most.

"Hm, I don't know about that. I think we could find some holy water around here." Her smile grew into a genuine one, and wait for it-- she winked. Juliette could always be playful and tease, at least... she always used to be. Surprisingly enough, Juliette wasn't always JJ. And it's a thing most people seem to forget. However, it isn't like she wants everyone to remember that anyway.

Lonnie was an exception. She always was. Rolling her eyes when she gave her a compliment back, Ava probably felt like it was mandatory to give her one back-- Well. Maybe not? This was Ava, not one of the other cheerleaders, or the jocks who'd tried to hit on her. The point was, their hatred for the other clearly faded away and this was an actual compliment. A real one. A blush might've appeared on the brunette's face, but she wasn't too concerned with that at the moment. "No you didn't... you said, and I quote. 'You look good.' Or... something like that. Not the point. I would've remembered if you called me hot. Wouldn't let you live it down."

And then it hit her. "Oh my god. You literally just did. How does it feel hm? To finally admit the truth. You always thought I was hot didn't you?" Juliette nodded, she was clearly just teasing. Her goal wasn't to make Lonnie uncomfortable. But if she blushed like she did with her own compliment, well, JJ wasn't complaining. It was all in good fun. No?
Winona Winona

Daniel
Danny smiled to himself as Ash took his hand and dragged him to the center of the dance floor. The pair disappeared into the growing surge of tipsy teens that were gathering on the makeshift dance floor. Daniel just prayed that someone wouldn’t puke on his shoes or something. Now wasn’t the time to worry though. There was a pretty blonde dancing with him, he could afford relax a little.

“Well, I’m kinda from all over.” Daniel began. A lock of hair fell down over his face, but he didn’t bother moving it out of the way. The messy look suited him. “We’ve got a place down down in New York City and a couple more down the east coast. Well, my step-dad owns them. Anyways, I kinda grew up in boarding schools most of the time, that’s where my little sisters are at now.” Danny was kinda worried he was talking to much. They were supposed to be dancing, she didn’t want his whole life story, right? He could feel his cheeks heating up, but he hadn’t even really answered her question yet.

“So uh...” Danny stammered a moment. “I just kinda got sick of the whole boarding school thing. We lived in Westbrook when I was like five or something, so my mom offered to let me finish out high school here if I kept my grades up.” He finished. Ugh, he felt like he was vomiting words out at this point and he prayed Ash wouldn’t mind.

He just now noticed Ash had moved closer, which Daniel sure as hell didn’t mind. It put him at ease. If he was being annoying or something she would’ve backed off, not gotten closer, right?

“What about you? You talk like you’re dying to leave this Westbrook.” Daniel said, flipping the spotlight back onto her. “This place can’t be that bad. You’re here.” He added, shrugging ever so slightly and letting a half-cocked smirk slip over his face.

Winona Winona

Carter
tumblr_inline_nxx40vxWZR1rifr4k_500.gif

Carter was in the middle of takig a sip of her roman coke when the new red head came up beside her. "Sick of Mason already? Most girls at least end up in bed with him before realizing what a jackass he is." She smirked placing her drink down and turning to face her. "Carter." She held out her hand, a small smirk on her face. "It's Belle right, I guess I should say Happy Birthday, and thank you for this." Carter said motioning to the hot bartender behind the counter. "He makes great drinks, and is great to look at." She smiled up at the bartender, for a moment before turning back to Belle.

"So what's your story." Carter said turning her body to face Belle, "Rumors are going around on how you made your way onto the cheer team, so is it true that you brought out the big guns?" Carter laughed a bit, picking up her drink and taking a sip. "How was your first Murder Monday here?" Carter tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear adjusting herself on the bar stool.

Maree Maree

Ash
Cute Smile.gif

Well, that was at least something they had in common, and Ash's eyes lit up at the mention of boarding school. "Seriously? I didn't take you for the boarding school type." She said teasingly, smiling faintly. "I went to boarding school for a couple years when I was younger. It sucked, so I convinced my parents to send me back here." Yeah, way back when her mother still had all these thoughts and plans of Ash and Jace becoming these great performers or something equally stupid.

When he started talking about all these places that his step-dad owned, Ash couldn't help but be a little jealous. "New York? I've always wanted to go there." Or anywhere that wasn't here. She continued to listen as he spoke, not really minding as he explained everything about his life or... where he'd lived, anyway. Why would she? It was everything she had wanted.

And then he turned the question back on her, and Ash at first just gave a heavy sigh. "Unfortunately, I've just lived in Westbrook my entire life. I'm just waiting until graduation, and then I plan to be on the first bus out of here. Or plane. I guess whatever takes me to college." She explained with a light laugh, although what she said was true. Especially with how badly this school year was going.

High5ives High5ives

---------------------------------------

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

It was the first time someone had said that he was a good brother, and Jace didn't know how to react. He looked towards Grace, blinking in surprise, and then looked down at her glass. "Are you, uh, are you drunk?" He asked, laughing a bit at his somewhat maybe serious question. "I'm the opposite of a good brother, but thanks." Jace hesitated, and then decided he might as well turn the compliments back on her. "You're a better friend." And with that, he dropped the topic.

"Thanks. It's weird. I feel naked without the beanie." He was actually considering buying a different beanie and wearing that instead. What? The beanie had somehow become an extension of his body or... something. But then Grace was joking about how she was gay, and Jace found himself hesitating, thinking over her words.

Hell, no one had known that Grace was straight. Hadn't she dated a guy before? And now suddenly, she was all gay and into Sawyer, and... well, maybe it raised a few questions from Jace as he looked back at the dance floor, his eyes falling on a guy that he may have found particularly... attractive. In a non-gay manner. It was normal to find people of the same gender hot without being attracted to them, right? Yes, of course, but... he still found himself questioning it.

"Speaking of gayness, how did you know that you were gay?"

Soap Soap

-------------------------------------

Ava
Finger Gun Mirror.gif

"Good, hot, it's the same thing." Ava said, scoffing and brushing it off as if it was nothing, and then JJ was bringing up the whole nonsense about her finally admitting to JJ being hot. She rolled her eyes, acting as if it was no big deal, while she tried to think up some kind of perfect argument. "I never denied that you were hot, but I also never..." okay this was just getting worse. "Well, I'm hotter so ha." Ava replied, and very maturely stuck her tongue out at JJ.

God, she hated to admit it, but she honestly had missed hanging out with Jules, even if they were at a party right now. "So hey, what do you usually do at these 'parties'? Zach just made me play beer pong, which sucked. But is that, like, all there is to do? Are there no video games or anything? Do people just sit around and talk to each other?"

So far from what she had seen, all it involved was stupid things like alcohol and that was literally it. Which sucked. A lot. Surely there had to be something else to do than just drinking and talking, both of which were things that Ava strongly tried to keep out of her life.

Soap Soap

F479D3F7-1963-4E19-BAE2-7AABD8C4A87A.gif
June
“Right. I guess we’re lying to each other now.” She said bluntly. She knew something was up with her. The way she talked and acted and looked around the room. She picked that up when they were friends. The same way with Mason. But Raven did her best to hide it. And she always will find it, sort of sad. While June before would’ve tried to help, she pushed the part of herself away. All she could see was Raven and Alaska kissing on stage.

“If we’re lying, then I’m doing terribly. All the rage these days, being sad.” She said sarcastically before looking back at Raven and giving her a grin. “But I could be mistake and everything is going easy breezy for you and Alaska. Good for you, right?”

Soap Soap

Daniel
“Yeah, and what exactly is ‘the boarding school type’ then?” He countered after Ash had tried to tease him. “I can play stereotypes and start acting all posh if you’d prefer, I can even do the little accent.” He joked. Daniel had never really minded boarding school all that much. He still had fun, and being there had given him a lot of opportunity. Danny dropped it because he wanted something new, not because he hated the system or something.
Daniel’s eyes narrowed a bit when sash mentioned getting out of here as soon as she could. What could possibly be so bad about Westbrook?
Daniel shrugged when she mentioned wanting to go to New York. “New York is cool an all, but it’s not what it’s hyped up to be. Just your average big city. Honestly sometimes it’s just too many people in one place. At least here in Westbrook you can escape from shit like that. Ten minute drive and you’re out in the country side.” He reasoned. “New York is cool to visit, but unless you’re loaded, I wouldn’t want to live there.”
Daniel listened quietly as Ash talked about leaving here to go anywhere really. “Alright. So you leave, go to college, and then what? You never come back to Westbrook ever again?” He asked. “This is still home isn’t it? What about friends, family?”
Winona Winona

Ash
Cute Smile.gif

"You know. Rich and prissy, and all stuck up." She explained, smirking a little bit at him as she spoke. "You gotta know what I'm talking about. Like, the first time I met you I had a feeling because you were just a little full of yourself." Ash was teasing him, of course, but it was fun. Why wouldn't it be fun? Teasing was the finest form of entertainment.

"But there's so much to do! And who wants to hangout in the country? It all smells like cow." Ash wrinkled up her nose in disgust. Yes, she hated animals, and she hated the wilderness, so the country was basically hell to her. Granted, she had never really experience much of the outdoors growing up. There was always too much going on for them to bother with that.

Ash hesitated, even pausing in her dancing for a moment, before she laughed and just shrugged. "Most of my friends hate me at this point, and I'm not super close to my family. Don't really have anything to lose, and starting over fresh sounds amazing." Sure, there'd be some people she would miss, but surely she'd find other friends, but at the same time... "Okay, I take that back. So there's a few friends that I would really miss." Grace, Ryder, even stupid Kanen, Raven, Jace...

High5ives High5ives

Grace

Grace didn't take the compliment, she didn't think she was a good friend. But she decide to let it go, incase Jace would try to convince her otherwise. Why couldn't people just let her sulk without... trying to make her feel better. Although the drunk part... maybe. She was getting there, fairly quickly to be honest. Curiosity got the best of her and she followed his gaze onto the dance floor.

She raised an eyebrow, but decide not to bring it up. His question almost made her choke on her drink. Did he want to know because...? Grace didn't want to pry, she wouldn't like it if people did when she was in the closet. Not that Jace was... he had a girlfriend though. Well, to be fair. Even she had a boyfriend. Clearing her throat and thinking it over for a moment. How was she supposed to answer that? The truth maybe? "I think... in a way, I sort-of always knew. Y'know?" That probably didn't clear up much. "I used to think that I would look at girls because I was jealous, or... I simply admired their lipstick." She shrugged.

"That wasn't the case." She chuckled, but she didn't really find anything about it funny. Being gay wasn't ideal for her, she loved Sawyer. But if there might've been a chance to be... like the other girls. Someone her family would approve of. Well. Maybe she'd take it. He asked a simple question and she found herself speaking about her own past. "I dated Theo. You know that. And it just seemed like... I don't know. Something a straight girl would do. We were super close." Theo really was an amazing guy, and maybe one day he'd make someone else happy. But Grace wouldn't ever be that person. "I love him. But... not like that. I learned after that I don't think I could ever love a boy in that way. It took me a little while to figure out why, and now I'm dating an amazing girl who I love in every way."

Hesitating for a second and placing her drink down before she turned to Jace, if he was confused about his sexuality, or merely just curious. Grace was... okay with talking more should he need it. "The point is, I tried the straight thing. Didn't work out. But that didn't mean it was easy. It was hard to come to terms with who I am, and if I'm being honest... I still am. I kind of wish I had someone to talk to about it when I was first going through it." Picking up her drink and acting as if it wasn't a big deal whatsoever. But... Grace really wasn't good at being inconspicuous.

"If you ever know someone who's curious, or confused. Send them my way. I wish I could've just ripped the bandaid with Ash and actually had someone that I could trust."
Winona Winona
Juliette

Juliette smiled as she babbled, totally fine with the results of her teasing. "Mmhm. Sure." Glancing around the party and was taken aback by her question. She usually just drinks and mingles around, what else was there to do at a party besides beer pong and dancing? Oh. Obviously the usual kind of stuff, the hookups, tons of drinking. Narrowing her eyes at Ava and shrugging. There wasn't anyway in the world that she was interested in those types of things. "People do much more than just sit around and talk. But I doubt you'd want to do those types of things. Sadly, no, no video games, you nerd."

A boy passed by with a drink in his hands, JJ leaned over and plucked the drink out of his hands and gave him a small smile, his annoyance almost completely faded away. "Ah. Being me is so fun." Raising an eyebrow at Ava, she would've offered her a drink too. But... it was clear she didn't do that either. Why was she so set on coming to parties if she hated everything about them? "Okay, what do you want to do. You don't drink. Mingle. Hm... I'm not sure if you would consider dancing. Even if we took lessons. Lonnie, what do you like."

Before she had a chance to speak, she cut her off. "Don't say video games."

Winona Winona
Raven

Raven raised her eyebrows in surprise at her words. She wasn't lying, she was good. For now anyway... what did June what her to do, tell her everything that was wrong? Please. She tried that once already, the whole school knows how that went. It wasn't like she still blamed her about the dumb blog, but hated that June wanted was her secrets so she could use them for her own personal use. Crossing her arms and eying her curiously. Did she have to bring up Alaska, was the attitude because of that?

There was no way in hell she could possibly be jealous. No, Raven tried to make her jealous before. Didn't really work. So if this was that was, especially when she didn't want her attention in the first place. Well, she didn't like that. "Yeah. Everything's going great between us. I have a shot at an actual relationship." Still a little unsure if that's something she wanted but... she really wanted to try.

She couldn't stop herself from speaking. She was honestly a little ticked off. Couldn't they have a civil conversation without all the passive aggressive shit? Fine. She wanted passive aggressiveness, she could have it. "It's really something when someone actually considers your feelings." Was she saying that June never considered her feelings at all? Yes. Did she care? No. After all... Raven was always about the truth.
Moonshadow Moonshadow

E9F0B646-1781-4C99-8638-368D911D6056.gif
June
June clunched her fists tightly, she found herself slightly hating Grace oddly enough. So badly did she want to hold a bottle in her hand or her mind to drift away. But she couldn’t do both. She was stuck here, anything would be better than this. “An actual relationship.” She slowly said, nodding her head. “She’s going to like all the flirting and waving to Mason you’re doing then.” She said flatly then looked away to a cross.

Funny. You always like sending something my way. Good to know you love me. She thought to this God and then looked back at Raven when she sent another strike at her. She was just gonna strike back. “I hope she takes a bat for you too.” Then she let out a sigh. “I wish I could get a drink.”

Soap Soap

Daniel

“Oh I’m full of myself?” Daniel laughed. “Werent you just barely telling me about how amazing of a dancer you are?” He paused crossing his arms over his chest and stroking his chin like he was some sort of critique. “I have to say. I was expecting more. You’ve really let me down, Ash.” Danny teased, doing his best to keep a straight face up until the end. He brushed his hair back with his fingertips as he looked down at Ash with that half-smirk of his. “You’ll never make it to Dancing with the stars like this, young lady.”

He kept his eyes on her when she talked about how miserable the country side was. “Well now you’re starting to sound like the girls in the private schools.” Danny teased. “If you don’t like being out in the country side, or the woods, or the coasts, I think it’s because you’re just doing it wrong.” Daniel argued. Sticking his tongue out. “There’s nothing better than going for a drive with the top down, and stopping for a hike or something.” Danny paused. “But if you want to stay with your make-up and heels, be my guest.” He joked. The last thing he wanted was for her to take him seriously and get pissed off at him or something.

Daniel was quiet while Ash explained her situation with her friends and family. It wasn’t really something he could relate too. His mother and sisters had always been close, and when his step-dad married in to the family, he sure as hell stepped up to take of things. Family life has almost always been good, and socially, Daniel had never had to try much. Making and keeping friends had never been hard.

“Your friends don’t hate you.” Danny finally said. “That’s silly. People get mad at each other all the time, but they don’t hate you.” He repeated. He paused for a particularly long moment before talking again. “I don’t think you hate Westbrook. I think you just hate what’s going on in your life right now.”

Yeah, maybe it wasn’t Daniel’s place to make an observation like that, but he had always been one to speak his mind. What’s the worst she could do? Tell him he was wrong?

Winona Winona

Martin

‘Why, I hardly think so,’ Martin chuckled, slipping his iPhone back into the inner pocket of his suit, and picking up his spoon again before dipping it into the soup. ‘You know him, Elise. He’s just not that kind of boy. Sometimes I think I give him more trouble than it is the other way round!’

‘He’s not used to. . . being in America, you see, so I worry for him.’ Martin picked up his glass of wine and took a sniff of it before sipping. ‘It’s not been easy for him, moving here because of me. . . Having to make new friends. Being away from his brothers, his mother. Actually, I’m very pleased the two of you are getting along so well. He really misses having a motherly figure in his life, and I think you're exactly what he really needs right now. To help him find his place in the world again, you know. . .’

Martin edged the empty bowl of soup to the side as he finished it. Now he was contemplating getting some more of those colourful sushi and tempura prawns.

‘On the other hand, the suspension was the last thing he needed. He's already finding his classes difficult as it is. It’s not as though he’d been given the suspension for any good reason, either,’ Martin complained, ‘I'm still quite upset about it. You were there, Elise, you saw what happened on the stage. Now that silly headmistress is handing out suspensions like after-dinner mints! I’ve tried reasoning with her, but she’s just added an extra week to Stu’s punishment to spite me! What would you have me do? I don't suppose you think we ought to be taking this sitting down!’

Winona Winona

Raven

Excuse me? Like if June ever cared when she flirted. So what if she was waving to Mason. They’re friends. Why would that even make her upset? Because they were moving on? “I can’t wave at someone? Jesus, are you still hung up on that? You’re a hypocrite.” She scoffed. It’s the truth. She could sit here all she wants talking about how much Raven flirts. It wasn’t right how June went around acting all high and mighty like Mason and Raven were the reason everything fell apart. It was June’s fault. “No, you didn’t take the bat for me. You took it for Mason. Because you cared about him more, you wanted him more. It wasn’t a secret. It was always Mason. And it was always going to be. I only realized that I could never change that. Just because I’m with Alaska now doesn’t give you the right to suddenly care about me now. Does it matter if i lied to you about how I am? Does it really bother you?” Raven had no idea what provoked her this much, but she couldn’t stop herself from speaking now.

“You didn’t like because I flirted. You think I liked where you led me on? When you didn’t have the guts to admit you didn’t want me. Why? Did you like because we both liked you? Did that get you off or something? Maybe Alaska won’t take a bat for me, but at least she actually cares about me in the first place. For someone as ‘vain’ as I am, you really were the one who made everything about you.” It was a mouthful. Full with air quotes and pure aggravation laced through every word. Maybe she shouldn’t of blown up at the girl. But Raven would be lying to herself if she hadn’t kept most of this inside. June barely pushed at her and she just... let go.

She didn’t regret her words, Raven just deflated with defeat. Sighing before she spoke in lower volumes, but still loud enough so she could hear her. “I was always there for you. Not Mason. Me. Don’t you dare say you ever returned that favor, and I don’t expect you to start now.”

Moonshadow Moonshadow

Jace
Lip Thing.gif

He listened to Grace as she spoke, a smile coming to his face when she mentioned how much she loved Sawyer. It made Jace happy to see Grace with someone who obviously adored her, and made her unbelievably happy. Especially someone that he knew would never hurt her, and well... Jace wanted that one day, but it seemed impossible in this little town. It was like he was just sentenced to a life of misery and getting punched by stupid little freshman.

"I'm happy that you have Sawyer. It's great to see you so happy, and now I figured out why it never worked between you and Theo." He said with a laugh, although Jace had never really wondered about it. Why would he have? It was none of his business, and even if someone seemed perfect, that didn't necessarily mean that you wanted to spend your time with them. And, well, Theo was a really amazing guy. No one could deny that, but anyway, it was nothing.

"Thanks, Grace. I'll be sure to let anyone know to come to you. But uh, you should probably get back to the party. I'm sure you have a ton of things to do and whatever." Jace said and, well, maybe he wanted some time to sit back and think.

Soap Soap

------------------------------------

Ava
Finger Gun Mirror.gif

Maybe she should've stayed home. She listened as Jules explained a little bit about what there was to do at a party, and then yeah, she was definitely going to mention video games as her only interest. Ava frowned, thinking about it, but was unsure of what to say. "I don't know, man. All I do is eat pizza and play video games. I mean, scaring people is fun, but you can't do that at parties." God, she really, really should've stayed home, and now Jules was basically stuck babysitting her.

Ava groaned loudly. "I should just go home. This was a mistake, and I don't want to ruin your night because like, I hate everything. Especially everything that has to do with socializing." She admitted, wondering if maybe she should head out, but... oh well, whatever. "Or show me what you do for fun at these things. I'm up for trying the... girly.. social things."

Soap Soap

----------------------------------------

Ash
Cute Smile.gif

"Wow, wow." She said, pretending to be offended, although there was a smile on Ash's face as she paused in the middle of the dance floor, placing her hands on her hips to glare at him. "It isn't being full of myself if it's true. You're just jealous because I look amazing, and you don't." She smirked at him, obviously messing with him. "And joke's on you because I would go on America's Got Talent instead." Ash said, her smile just widening as she did so.

Ash rolled her eyes at his opinion on the country side. "I like the coast, but not like the woods. Too many bugs and stuff." Yeah, she was a city girl, through and through, and she wasn't afraid to admit it. "Oh please. There is more than just makeup and heels, but I will take that over bugs and dirt any day." Now deciding that she was bored with the dance floor -- plus they were just talking, and Ash to be a bit too close to him to actually hear what he was saying.

So she took his hand, dragging him back off the dance floor and waiting until they past the dancing teenagers before she turned back to Danny, listening as he tried to be deep or something. Ash rolled her eyes at what he said. "Please, you're new. You have no idea what kinds of things have happened this year. Trust me. I don't think anyone likes me right now, and if leaving here means people stop saying I sleep with every dude, then great. I'll do it."

This was supposed to be fun or something, but instead, feelings and good advice were actually getting involved. Ash was not okay with this, and finally let go of Danny's hand, and leaned back against a wall, mainly to just catch herself since the alcohol seemed to be hitting her a little more now and yeah, she may have been a bit tired. "But this is a party. Not the place to be talking about all of that stupid stuff." She said with a light-hearted laugh, as if nothing others said really bothered her.

High5ives High5ives

Belle Taylor

Mood: Enjoying herself| Interacting with: Grace Carter | Mentions: Ash
Soap Soap Dazzle Dazzle

Belle laughed a little at her comment. Sleep with Mason? Even if she didn't have a purity ring that would never happen. "Oh, he's tried. He's giving me whiplash with his change in personality" she said, shaking her head. "One moment he's genuine and fun to be around. Then the next he's having a dick measuring contest with Zach, trying to get me to sleep with him" she rolled her eyes. Taking a sip from her much needed Mojito. Why didn't all parties have bartenders? This was great.

And she had heard the rumours. Of course, she had. Afterall she was sitting with the bitchy blonde who started them. "Oh boy. Well, the first thing you should know" she spun around and pointed to the blonde. "That one wasn't even invited to my audition. She didn't see me dance so anything she says about it is bullshit." she spun back around so she was facing Carter again. "A few of my dance moves were suggestive but it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be"

Oh! Grace was beside her she should join this conversation. "Grace, I'm stealing you for a moment" she informed her. Not giving her time to respond she took her hand and pulled her over. "Tell Cater my dancing wasn't thaaat bad. Honestly, people are making it sound like I gave you a striptease." It would be kind of funny to see Grace's reaction to a striptease though. Grace's mind was a lot more innocent that hers was.

code by Ri.a

C3FDF8A7-EDF7-4ACA-A0F6-D3EFA665BDB7.gif
June
She didn’t expect her to go off like this. And she hated she couldn’t do anything. She only could listen and feel the eyes rub against her. Even if she tried to defend herself, the rumors and identity of the crooked June was out there. She wasn’t sure what to do. She was quiet when she finished. Somehow, she felt defleated as well. But, she managed to say what she wanted. “What did you want me to do?” She started slowly before picking up speed. “How do you want me to feel? You didn’t know my life before. How are you suppose to feel when you heard your best friend committed suicide and drove her car off a cliff? How are you suppose to feel when you grow attached to the first person who opened up to you. What was I suppose to do when all you wanted was a friend, but the friend wanted to be your girlfriend instead? If you have an answer, I’m sorry I couldn’t do it.” She looked her in the eyes as she said. “You are lying to avoid being open. I’m sorry it seemed like everything was about me, because you never talked about what was going on while I trusted you enough to. How was I suppose to know you liked me? And I hate that you say I never cared. That you can look back at everything and think, she never cared. I’m sorry that you took caring for leading you on even though, I never thought you liked me.” She gripped her fist tighter. Was she drawing blood?

“Care. I’m told by everyone that I never cared. So why try to do it anymore? Obviously I’m meant to not care. So here I am saying: I don’t care. I’m sorry I did and I’ll never do it again. Now, Raven, is this how I’m suppose to do it?” She said.

Soap Soap

Elise
ELISE.jpg

She had to admit that she quite enjoyed being in Stu's life. He was a far better son than Jace had ever been, and Martin was a far better partner. Overall, Elise was happier than she had been before, and for that she was grateful and didn't regret anything. However, if she was supposed to be some kind of "motherly figure," then that simply meant that Elise was allowed to have more of an opinion in Stu's rearing, right? It wasn't like Stu's mom was helping anymore.

Elise listened in silence as he talked about Nona. Yeah, she hadn't been particularly pleased with Jace's sentence of two weeks suspension, but both herself and Steve hadn't cared enough to argue. Hell, she had done more arguing with Steve over what to do with Jace throughout the couple weeks. Steve had voted for letting Jace stay home, and Elise had wanted him to go work or something at her parents' company. Something that punished him for what happened.

"I do agree with you." Elise admitted once Martin's little angry tangent was done with. "Perhaps you could gather other parents, and head down to Nona's office and demand that she make some changes. Or go to a PTA meeting or something to announce your complaints." By now she was full or, rather, too excited about what was coming later that night to actually continue eating, so she pushed her plate aside, leaning onto the table and crossing her arms over her chest.

Dede Dede

Serena was, at long last, prepared to attend the new girl's party. It had taken her literally three hours to get ready before she could even leave the house. Not as long as she wanted to spend on her appearance, but there was only so much time to work with. She was already going to be several minutes late. Damn it. Other girls might like showing up fashionably late, but Serena was not one of them. If she wasn't already on this girl's decadent doorstep by the time the party started, she was way later than she wanted to be.

The time she'd spent was invaluable though. Serena had everything looking perfect as she strode up to the christian cheerleader's mansion. Well, not everything per say. She didn't have time to get everything right, but it wasn't like anyone would notice. Right? She hoped not. The girl still looked like a modern day princess though, fitting in with the extravagant atmosphere of the party as if it was hers. Well, if princesses wore blazers anyways. She'd opted for a light grey jacket as the finishing touch to her outfit. Not something she normally did, but recent interactions with a certain middle school friend had made it stand out from her wardrobe. Might as well give it some use. Besides, the form fitting formal piece went well with the rest of her chosen partying clothes.

Breezing through the door like she belonged there, she slotted right into the party, giving friendly greetings to everyone she knew as she passed them. Really her eyes were on the house around her though. Emerald green eyes habitually scrutinized everything, looking for any imperfections with the interior. There actually wasn't much. Maybe a few things, but that was usually unavoidable. Belle's family probably had someone to keep the place together, someone who was very good at their job. Serena could appreciate that.

Girl had a freaking bartender serving drinks at her party. So yeah, definitely paid someone to clean. Rather than immediately finding one of her friends to hang out with, Serena decided to hit up that good looking devil of a bartender for something to drink. Not that she was much of a drinker, quite the opposite, but she wanted something to just sip at. Helped her give off the right impression if she had something alcoholic to hold. Besides, Grace was sitting at the bar. She could get alcohol and socialize at the same time.

The cheer captain's company was a little weird though. Wasn't that Ash's brother? The one who set off that disaster at the end of last week's play, not to be confused with the caffeine pill of the same name. Come to think of it that whole play had been a bit of a nightmare to watch. Serena definitely wouldn't have let it get that bad if she were involved.

It looked like she was being dragged off with better company though. The new girl and... Well, really just the new girl. Carter was nice, but she had very questionable choice in friends. One of them had literally gotten wrapped up with the mafia if Westbrook News was to be believed. Still Serena came up to the bar, flashing Grace and the other girls a polite smile before turning her gaze on the bartender. Wow this guy cleaned up good. It made her a little self conscious. Her hair was perfect, right? Right. She'd made sure of that before she left, that's why she was late after all. But what if there was something she'd missed? After all she didn't have enough time-

"Wine, please." She requested in a sweet, pretty tone. Internally she might've been having a miniature storm of self-doubt, but externally she still acted like the most confident person in the room. While the bartender went about filling her order she let out a short breath, turning to watch the dance floor while she pushed away the thoughts of self doubt. Looked like the bitchy blackbird and the blogger were having a shouting match, Beanie Bitch's sister was chatting with another guy, and JJ was with someone she didn't see very often. Weird, she didn't look like the type of person the cheerleader normally hung out with. They both had super cute outfits though.

Serena turned back towards the bar once her wine was ready, flashing the bartender another smile. "Thanks." She said before looking back to the dance floor again. Now that she had a drink in her hand it was time to find someone to talk to. Preferably someone she knew. Part of her wanted to join whatever Grace was a part of, but she didn't really want to do anything that involved one of the druggie types. So instead she looked elsewhere for someone to chat with, deciding who would be the best people to spend her time on.

Grace

Yes, of course she was happy with Sawyer. The thought of her deflated Grace's mood even more. She shouldn't of gave her such a crappy attitude. What kind of girlfriend was she? "Yeah... I have tons of things do and stuff." Maybe she was a little tipsy, not enough though. Taking a long swig of her drink before looking towards the bartender for another, and surprisingly she didn't even have to ask before he handed her a third one. Giving him a nod in thanks and taking the drink from him. Grace felt kinda bad for the guy. If anyone found out he was distributing alcohol to minors, well... that would be pretty bad.

Okay, the Kate jumped out. Rolling her eyes at the thought of her mother. She didn't have much time to react when Belle grabbed her arm and dragged her over to Carter, giving her a small smile in greeting. "They're saying you gave me a what?" Her cheeks visibly reddened. Avoiding eye-contact with Belle and turning to Carter before laughing awkwardly to herself. "Uh. No. That did not happen." Shaking her head.

"It was a standard routine with some suggestive moves. It wasn't um... a strip-tease. Or... whatever that is." Clearing her throat and turning away from the two. She isn't a prude, she knew what a strip-tease was. That didn't mean she was going to admit to it. Quickly returning her attention to her drink to avoid answering move questions and to hide the blush that was probably building on her cheeks. Reminded of the small bag in her hand and placed her drink down. "Okay, so. Presents really quick. Well, one present. But still a present nonetheless." She was babbling now and it was probably just the alcohol.

Reaching into the bag and pulling out a tiny box. It might've been a little quick, but she saw it at the store... and Grace thought it was really cute. Handing it to her before playing with the necklace she was wearing herself. Waiting until she opened it to elaborate on it. "It matches your hair, so... I mean." She shrugged. It was your typical 'best friend' necklace, but instead of weird hearts or something. It was a small crystal. In Belle's case, red like her hair. Grace's was blue to match her eyes. Maybe it was 'too fast' to consider her a best friend of hers. But Belle had really been there for her this past week. And... honestly she wasn't sure what else to get a girl who literally had everything already.

Dazzle Dazzle Maree Maree

Juliette

Jules sighed and shook her head when she told her about her own hobbies. Ava really needed some new things to do. Her eyes went wide and her amused face dropped when she mentioned leaving. No. Ava was the only thing she was actually enjoying about this party, who else was she supposed to talk to. Ash? Please, that girl's already on top of another guy. Grace is sulking, and... to be honest she didn't want to hear her babble about the new girl's routines again. She isn't that good. Everyone needs to turn it down a notch. "No, you're not going to ruin my night. You're staying, everyone else here sucks." Juliette didn't mean to let that last part slip... but whatever.

a song had came on, and it wasn't just any song. It was their song. Juliette gasped. "Oh my god we have to. Please Please Please." She practically bounced on her heels. Dragging her further on the dance floor. It was a song they'd listen to over and over as children. It was probably the only song they'd ever agreed on. They were usually opposites. But isn't there some kind of saying that opposites attract? "You said you were willing to try for me."

"Let's see you try."

Winona Winona

Raven

Okay. Great. She turned it on herself again, and of course Raven couldn't yell about that. "Fuck." She mumbled to herself, sighing as she leaned against the wall near her. Everything between them had been so complicated and so stupid, and... well, she admitted it. June just wanted her to be a friend. What was so hard for her to say that earlier? "I do know it feels like to open up to someone, just for them to turn around and decide to leave you." Referring to that dumb day in the hallway where she should've listened to her gut and decided to shut up.

Raven uncrossed her arms and glanced towards her. "Sorry." Now probably wasn't the time to throw on more passive aggressiveness. "I'm lying because... I don't know. Maybe I feel like... if i tell you..." No, stop. Lying is working for her right now. "Never mind." Clearing her throat and taking a deep breath. Shaking her head at her words. "Yeah. You're doing it really well." Raven offered a small smile. Which completely faded, all the fight in her left at this point.

"It's probably better if we don't care about the other. It's simple what happened. I liked you, you didn't like me. It's done. You've moved on, I've... moved on. I'm sorry for yelling... and... everything, I guess."

Moonshadow Moonshadow

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back