Advice/Help Werewolf v.s. Superhuman

BloodWolfRising

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Roleplay Type(s)
So i want to try starting up an rp about werewolves and humans, no idea what to call it but here is what i have so far...

Werewolves and humans have known the existence of each other for ages, a contract was formed between them long ago. This contract stated that the two would stay out of each other's business as long neither side started killing their kind indiscriminately. If a human or werewolf went rouge a council meeting would be held and said person would be judged fairly from both sides. The two parties would also help each other progress their knowledge of things farther than what it what once was. However, after Kalvin Derent, alpha of the Dark Moon Pack lost all contact with the Silver Wind Pack, he sent a few fighters and hunters out after getting a dark message from their Seer. To their dismay they came across what once was a battleground, their fellow pack killed and about forty humans dead as well. The steady peace between the humans and werewolves was shattered with the call back to Kalvin. Enraged as he was, Kalvin had to try and keep a steady head on his shoulders for his pack and the other packs as well. He demanded a meeting trying to solve the issue civilly before starting an all-out war. What he was met with was something that wasn't truly human anymore. It seemed that all this time the peace between the werewolves and humans was just a time-waster for the humans to create superhumans to face the werewolves in their wolf forms and their powers. After Kalvin got back to his pack he warned his pack and other packs around the world of the changes that had happened. Soon finding out that the humans had captured some lone werewolves experimenting on them until they found a way to grant humans the powers that the werewolves held (?and beyond that?).

Mainly I have the idea thought out, but I want to know if you guys think I should limit the powers of the werewolves to elements alone and let the humans have a wider range of powers and perhaps two different powers?

I also would like to find someone who I could count on as a Co-MOD. ^_^

First Impressions: WOW this is so one-sided. The premise portrays the werewolves as unilaterally the "good guys" and the humans as "the bad guys" by the same token. While this isn't a deal-breaker for everyone, it certainly would be for me, and for others who've had the experience of seeing roleplays that have two sides of a conflict, only for players to end up feeling punished for picking one of the sides when the favoritism is this tangible.
The idea itself is also hardly anything we've seen before. It's definitely an idea for a more casual to simple crowd, not because it can't be done well in higher levels of detail, but because it'll be a pretty hard sell on those (broken peace pact between two superhuman factions resulting in current or impending war #2 bajillion).

Answering your actual Question: I don't think werewolves need powers at all. Other than, you know, being werewolves. If you're marketing this as werewolves vs, then tacking on abilities and such on top of the fact they are werewolves is unecessary and risks feeling quite out of place. Just give them normal werewolf powers, the enhanced physical abilities, the scent, the transformation, maybe add on some kind of resistance or even slight healing factor if you're so inclined, but giving them elements detracts from the whole idea of being a werewolf combatant fighting against these humans that gained magic (you call them powers, but there are werewolves here, this is fantasy) through their research on the werewolves.

Also, speaking more personally, I really don't like elemental powers in general, they are everywhere and pretty bland.

Haha harsh or shall we say direct as usual I see. I knew it, perhaps I should just stop trying to come up with rp ideas and stick to myself. 😅 Oh well...

Anyone else? Good or bad I don't care just toss your thoughts in.

First of all, ignore the first person. More venom in their words than help. They clearly need a lecture on constructive criticism.

This might not be an original idea, but it is not original for a reason - it works.

You have a good premise here that is easy to digest. I would shy away from focusing your initial post describing the world being focused on one side. To be honest, I would probably individually describe each side with their own central character. Now you do seem like you like the werewolves a lot more (Cannot blame you they are AWESOME) If you do like werewolves a lot more, then maybe just make this a werewolf RP? That way you can really double down on the evil human vibes. Plus player vs player combat really can kill an RP if people cannot compromise.

As for power suggestions! First the elemental powers of the werewolves can be explained as them having a deep connection to nature, or maybe something scientific? (Just a thought). The werewolf tribes should be restrained to one element (Avatar the Last Airbender basically). I think instead of granting humans powers, instead the humans should have to use werewolf blood/hearts to act as catalysts for elemental based weapons. I am going to assume the humans have a technological advantage, so maybe there advanced weapons can be enchanted with a supply of werewolf blood? This could give them effects like fire-swords, or fire bullets if they have firearms.

Keep working at it! And do not let people get you down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, ignore the first person. More venom in their words than help. They clearly need a lecture on constructive criticism.

This might not be an original idea, but it is not original for a reason - it works.

You have a good premise here that is easy to digest. I would shy away from focusing your initial post describing the world being focused on one side. To be honest, I would probably individually describe each side with their own central character. Now you do seem like you like the werewolves a lot more (Cannot blame you they are AWESOME) If you do like werewolves a lot more, then maybe just make this a werewolf RP? That way you can really double down on the evil human vibes. Plus player vs player combat really can kill an RP if people cannot compromise.

As for power suggestions! First the elemental powers of the werewolves can be explained as them having a deep connection to nature, or maybe something scientific? (Just a thought). The werewolf tribes should be restrained to one element (Avatar the Last Airbender basically). I think instead of granting humans powers, instead the humans should have to use werewolf blood/hearts to act as catalysts for elemental based weapons. I am going to assume the humans have a technological advantage, so maybe there advanced weapons can be enchanted with a supply of werewolf blood? This could give them effects like fire-swords, or fire bullets if they have firearms.

Keep working at it! And do not let people get you down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's just their normal way of saying they don't like something. Also my day has been crap so I'm just kinda bleh... It was a random idea that I just sort of put together in like 15 minutes. But I do like the idea of making the humans have to use advanced weapons containing the heart or blood of a werewolf. It could also be something similar to Fairy Gone were they take the heart of the fairy and implant it into the human giving them a fairy of their own. Only this would be more so them gaining a pet werewolf.

I beg your pardon?

I presented what I thought the problems were. I didn't offer a solution on the first one, sure, but only because the solution was pretty implicit- if the criticism is that things are one-sided, then the usual solution would be make them less one-sided.

The other criticism I did offer a solution, we see this idea a lot, so aim for a crowd that wll care about it less. Picking who you want to appeal to is the very basics of marketing something.

The last part, regarding the werewolves and their powers, I simply stated that I believe you don't need to tack on powers on top of them being werewolves, because them being werewolves is enough. If you are someone who wants to play powers, there is the other side of the the conflict. But if you're playing the werewolf then giving a more genuine werewolf experience, that more bestial side in combat and behavior, that would be more appealing than adding something that ads to the complexity but detracts from the point.

And lastly, I added a personal comment.

In each of my points I presented the issues I have with the presented, I offered my reasoning and in each case where it wouldn't be redundant even offered advice regarding it. The only exception is one comment at the end, in which I made sure to point it was a personal comment and nothing else.

So, what part of what I said was "more venom in my words than help"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back